Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New pose in progress! [Ancient 7]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I reeeeeaaally love this pose, I need 10. The third version looks so good with the big swirl! Long tail yay. Maybe something like this could work? [img]https://i.postimg.cc/d07x4fN1/image.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zG2QwNj6/red-line.png[/img] flipped version : [img]https://i.postimg.cc/VsBmqSbh/flipped.png[/img]
I reeeeeaaally love this pose, I need 10.
The third version looks so good with the big swirl! Long tail yay. Maybe something like this could work?

image.png

red-line.png

flipped version :
flipped.png
I really like the way this dragon's hands and toes are drawn.

Also really enjoying these new tail redraws. I like it in the corner there, I feel like it fills the "box" more effectively and has a more pronounced and recognizable silhouette and I do think pulling it further away from the feet would be a good idea.
I really like the way this dragon's hands and toes are drawn.

Also really enjoying these new tail redraws. I like it in the corner there, I feel like it fills the "box" more effectively and has a more pronounced and recognizable silhouette and I do think pulling it further away from the feet would be a good idea.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

Swirl tail is a good tail. Is he/she spinning? That would be so funny. Spinning, about to thwack someone real hard with that tail. Like a whip.. oof..
Swirl tail is a good tail. Is he/she spinning? That would be so funny. Spinning, about to thwack someone real hard with that tail. Like a whip.. oof..
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I love the new tail, it looks much nicer - fills in the empty space. But oh Windsinger those back legs bug me. It feels like the (dragon's) back left needs to be turned? Or the (dragon's) right (the one lifted up) needs to be at a different angle, but idk what. Also it kind of looks like part of the fin is missing at the base of the tail? Since it's there on the near side but not the far? Hope it's not too forward, but maybe something like this? [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d41677b2d9394be01f9adcc814c91ec1/b4c53323c9849007-cf/s400x600/0be6e09df955d1f61b54a1b38b60ca3743ac4b9a.png[/img]
I love the new tail, it looks much nicer - fills in the empty space.

But oh Windsinger those back legs bug me. It feels like the (dragon's) back left needs to be turned? Or the (dragon's) right (the one lifted up) needs to be at a different angle, but idk what.

Also it kind of looks like part of the fin is missing at the base of the tail? Since it's there on the near side but not the far?

Hope it's not too forward, but maybe something like this?
0be6e09df955d1f61b54a1b38b60ca3743ac4b9a.png
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
I'm digging the new swirl tail :)

I also went and added the new pictures to the OP, and any potential fixes for the tail! If you'd like yours removed from the first post let me know ^^

I'm just gonna go ahead and start linking to posts now instead of posting the pictures, just so the first post isn't swamped
I'm digging the new swirl tail :)

I also went and added the new pictures to the OP, and any potential fixes for the tail! If you'd like yours removed from the first post let me know ^^

I'm just gonna go ahead and start linking to posts now instead of posting the pictures, just so the first post isn't swamped
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
BIG TAIL…I LOVE BIG TAIL
BIG TAIL…I LOVE BIG TAIL
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
I love how open the progress of this dragon has been, I really love seeing into the dev world!!
I love how open the progress of this dragon has been, I really love seeing into the dev world!!
eP65k0J.png
[quote name="Catfeather" date="2023-05-25 10:29:11" ] But oh Windsinger those back legs bug me. It feels like the (dragon's) back left needs to be turned? Or the (dragon's) right (the one lifted up) needs to be at a different angle, but idk what. [/quote] I think the back leg looks fine. It's suppose to (I'm presuming) be planted on the ground, so none of the underside of the foot is going to be seen from the viewer's perspective. If anything I think it's the proportions that are a bit awkward. It feels like the back leg needs to have its tibia lengthen a little more. Right now it's like this breed has thick quadriceps, a stumpy calf/lower leg, and then [i]huge[/i] feet with long metatarsals. Which I'm presuming is the intended design idea, like this is suppose to be a breed with stocky legs. But it makes for some odd/tricky proportions give the angle this is drawn at. I'm looking at the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3240274/2#post_54209170]original sketch[/url] for this pose, and the length of the back leg in that sketch feels better to me. It's also a lot clearer what that leg is doing. In the current line art, the front/nearest foot is blocking where the calf line of the back leg should be, which I think is what's causing me to feel like the back leg is short/stumpy. The more I look at it, the more I think that back leg just needs to have its length and extension pushed more. Like extend the canvas and give that back leg a few more pixels to breath lol.
Catfeather wrote on 2023-05-25 10:29:11:
But oh Windsinger those back legs bug me. It feels like the (dragon's) back left needs to be turned? Or the (dragon's) right (the one lifted up) needs to be at a different angle, but idk what.

I think the back leg looks fine. It's suppose to (I'm presuming) be planted on the ground, so none of the underside of the foot is going to be seen from the viewer's perspective.

If anything I think it's the proportions that are a bit awkward. It feels like the back leg needs to have its tibia lengthen a little more. Right now it's like this breed has thick quadriceps, a stumpy calf/lower leg, and then huge feet with long metatarsals. Which I'm presuming is the intended design idea, like this is suppose to be a breed with stocky legs. But it makes for some odd/tricky proportions give the angle this is drawn at.

I'm looking at the original sketch for this pose, and the length of the back leg in that sketch feels better to me. It's also a lot clearer what that leg is doing. In the current line art, the front/nearest foot is blocking where the calf line of the back leg should be, which I think is what's causing me to feel like the back leg is short/stumpy.

The more I look at it, the more I think that back leg just needs to have its length and extension pushed more. Like extend the canvas and give that back leg a few more pixels to breath lol.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[quote name="hayum" date="2023-05-25 09:26:50" ] I reeeeeaaally love this pose, I need 10. The third version looks so good with the big swirl! Long tail yay. Maybe something like this could work? [img]https://i.postimg.cc/d07x4fN1/image.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zG2QwNj6/red-line.png[/img] flipped version : [img]https://i.postimg.cc/VsBmqSbh/flipped.png[/img] [/quote] I think this looks the best personally. There isn't anything wrong with the back legs or feet so just smoothing the tail position looks great
hayum wrote on 2023-05-25 09:26:50:
I reeeeeaaally love this pose, I need 10.
The third version looks so good with the big swirl! Long tail yay. Maybe something like this could work?

image.png

red-line.png

flipped version :
flipped.png
I think this looks the best personally. There isn't anything wrong with the back legs or feet so just smoothing the tail position looks great
kXpNHpy.pngplagueshieldr.png99zjGkK.pngzSvfhTP.pngshadowshieldl.pngK3S42IV.png
This looks so cool!
Something about the base of the tail bothers me, though. It looks at a bit of an awkward angle in relation to the rest of the body. the tail and hindquarters look close to a 90 degree angle which looks like it'd be an uncomfortable pose to be in for the dragon
This looks so cool!
Something about the base of the tail bothers me, though. It looks at a bit of an awkward angle in relation to the rest of the body. the tail and hindquarters look close to a 90 degree angle which looks like it'd be an uncomfortable pose to be in for the dragon
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11