Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New pose in progress! [Ancient 7]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2023-05-25 01:46:13" ] Oooh, I do like that better! The tail has a nicer flow. I agree with Tserin that the tail by the feet look a bit awkward. Maybe pulling the tail a little more away from the body will help with the readability? Go for the longest tail hahah. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/do47rrc.png[/img][/center] [/quote] This one actually reads more confusingly to me - the tail there is a very similar shape to the leg. Though maybe it'll all read much more clearly with genes? Either way, long tail very good.
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2023-05-25 01:46:13:
Oooh, I do like that better! The tail has a nicer flow.

I agree with Tserin that the tail by the feet look a bit awkward. Maybe pulling the tail a little more away from the body will help with the readability? Go for the longest tail hahah.

do47rrc.png
This one actually reads more confusingly to me - the tail there is a very similar shape to the leg. Though maybe it'll all read much more clearly with genes?
Either way, long tail very good.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Tserin" date="2023-05-25 02:04:08" ] This one actually reads more confusingly to me - the tail there is a very similar shape to the leg. Though maybe it'll all read much more clearly with genes? Either way, long tail very good. [/quote] I think it might be possible to better differentiate what's leg and what's tail when you add the flats and cel-shading. In my mind I'm visualizing the leg farthest back as mostly in shadow with a bit of rim lighting, and then the tail is in the light more than the far leg because its further away from the body. (Although maybe not? It would depend on how big the cast shadows are from the wings.) If I had the time, I would try to do a quick mockup of the lighting/cel-shading to see if that actually works but I really should be in bed right now LMAO. But I can see what you mean about how the redline I did could read less clearly. EDIT: It might also be because I drew the tail to be a similar thickness as the ankle, which could be adding to the confusion. So thinning the tail might also help. But I really need to get to bed now :P
Tserin wrote on 2023-05-25 02:04:08:
This one actually reads more confusingly to me - the tail there is a very similar shape to the leg. Though maybe it'll all read much more clearly with genes?
Either way, long tail very good.

I think it might be possible to better differentiate what's leg and what's tail when you add the flats and cel-shading. In my mind I'm visualizing the leg farthest back as mostly in shadow with a bit of rim lighting, and then the tail is in the light more than the far leg because its further away from the body. (Although maybe not? It would depend on how big the cast shadows are from the wings.)

If I had the time, I would try to do a quick mockup of the lighting/cel-shading to see if that actually works but I really should be in bed right now LMAO.

But I can see what you mean about how the redline I did could read less clearly.

EDIT: It might also be because I drew the tail to be a similar thickness as the ankle, which could be adding to the confusion. So thinning the tail might also help. But I really need to get to bed now :P
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
Huge fan of the heraldic pose! I like how the tail flows like a tornado.
Huge fan of the heraldic pose! I like how the tail flows like a tornado.
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
They better have metallic. In my brain they're absolutely super shiny. Also, lightning zappies as a tert, like the Golem Gauntlet and Mesa Mechanojets I'm going to blow so many gems.. haha
They better have metallic. In my brain they're absolutely super shiny. Also, lightning zappies as a tert, like the Golem Gauntlet and Mesa Mechanojets I'm going to blow so many gems.. haha
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
That new pose is looking nice; can't wait to see what genes it'll get! Would love to see MetAlloy and WaspBee, plus some cybernetic terts (both linebreaking and non-linebreaking) & Scorpion and/or a mantis arms tert.
That new pose is looking nice; can't wait to see what genes it'll get! Would love to see MetAlloy and WaspBee, plus some cybernetic terts (both linebreaking and non-linebreaking) & Scorpion and/or a mantis arms tert.
[quote name="Undel" date="2023-05-25 01:03:31" ] That was my issue with its original pose - very busy near the hands, [b]especially in a place where line breaking genes are likely to end up.[/b] [/quote] Hint for mantis arms tert? [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] But other than that, I would really like to see some cyborg-like genes!
Undel wrote on 2023-05-25 01:03:31:
That was my issue with its original pose - very busy near the hands, especially in a place where line breaking genes are likely to end up.

Hint for mantis arms tert?

But other than that, I would really like to see some cyborg-like genes!
20240124-2118111.gif
Our lovely Derezappies are looking better and better.
Our lovely Derezappies are looking better and better.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Love the long tail. Getting cobra vibes from these
Love the long tail. Getting cobra vibes from these
» Ping friendly
................................................................. Bb8deOg.png
I love the new ancient and it isn't even out yet; I've been wanting a more fierce looking dragon type dragon. I love the little derp aethers but the new ancient is more in the direction I want future breeds to go
I love the new ancient and it isn't even out yet; I've been wanting a more fierce looking dragon type dragon. I love the little derp aethers but the new ancient is more in the direction I want future breeds to go
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
I wonder if the revisions were made after getting feedback from the stream? I know the veilspun female pose went some significant revisions after getting player feedback, resulting in better art. Since the bases are written in stone once launched, it's great to look for potential problems and resolve them now.
I wonder if the revisions were made after getting feedback from the stream? I know the veilspun female pose went some significant revisions after getting player feedback, resulting in better art. Since the bases are written in stone once launched, it's great to look for potential problems and resolve them now.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11