Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why Unnamed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I have dragons that are unnamed and stay unnamed for months
Some of them are even in my main, lore tab lol.
But that's all the more reason for me to wait and settle on a good name I want. No one is rushing me other than myself. I will wait my time. I'm particular with names.
I have dragons that are unnamed and stay unnamed for months
Some of them are even in my main, lore tab lol.
But that's all the more reason for me to wait and settle on a good name I want. No one is rushing me other than myself. I will wait my time. I'm particular with names.
GLMwkdE.pngx8bDWFu.png5hF3FGk.png7c8ZUEs.pngmlHpBMC.pnglUxoo8T.png
JdImn7O.gifUwUnl7O.png
[quote name="Mouette" date="2022-05-27 23:04:29" ] @retrodetective [quote]Naming your dragons before you sell them solves a lot of heartache if that matters to you. [/quote] It does and from now on I will. I used to do this with dragons I sold at low prices already, but [b]I figured if somebody pays more for a dragon they should get to name them and that they'd also [i]want to[/i].[/b] In the past I was right about that as well, but I'm reading a lot of plausible reasons for why people might not end up naming their dragons anymore, so I'll just take that into account in the future. [/quote] A number of people have done surveys on this subject. It’s been pretty well established now that buyers aren’t put off by dragons having names. If they like the dragon, they don’t mind shelling out some treasure on a renaming scroll; especially as those scrolls can be got free in coli grinding nowadays. I always have a couple on hand just because I coli a bit.
Mouette wrote on 2022-05-27 23:04:29:
@retrodetective
Quote:
Naming your dragons before you sell them solves a lot of heartache if that matters to you.

It does and from now on I will. I used to do this with dragons I sold at low prices already, but I figured if somebody pays more for a dragon they should get to name them and that they'd also want to.

In the past I was right about that as well, but I'm reading a lot of plausible reasons for why people might not end up naming their dragons anymore, so I'll just take that into account in the future.

A number of people have done surveys on this subject. It’s been pretty well established now that buyers aren’t put off by dragons having names. If they like the dragon, they don’t mind shelling out some treasure on a renaming scroll; especially as those scrolls can be got free in coli grinding nowadays. I always have a couple on hand just because I coli a bit.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
I'm bad at coming up with names unless a lore idea strikes me. Some of my dragons have been unnamed for months, but I never exalt unnamed (if only for the fact I want to train them first for more money).

If I see a pretty dragon on the AH which already has a name, that's very welcome because I'm so bad at thinking of a name myself.
I'm bad at coming up with names unless a lore idea strikes me. Some of my dragons have been unnamed for months, but I never exalt unnamed (if only for the fact I want to train them first for more money).

If I see a pretty dragon on the AH which already has a name, that's very welcome because I'm so bad at thinking of a name myself.
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
Honestly, naming dragons is the worst. I hate doing it.
Honestly, naming dragons is the worst. I hate doing it.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I pretty much never name them if they’re permas? Unless I need them to go into the coli or find a really good and meaningful name for them, I won’t name them because I cannot decide on one and you have to pay for a renaming scroll.

I pretty much never name them if they’re permas? Unless I need them to go into the coli or find a really good and meaningful name for them, I won’t name them because I cannot decide on one and you have to pay for a renaming scroll.

i really hate trying to come up with names for dragons, and since it doesnt affect my game play in any way, i will leave them unnamed for just as many months as it will take for me to spontaneously come up with name for them.
i really hate trying to come up with names for dragons, and since it doesnt affect my game play in any way, i will leave them unnamed for just as many months as it will take for me to spontaneously come up with name for them.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Honestly, I'm terrible at names. I either spend hours on sites like behindthename.com for the most perfect, thematically appropriate name - or I go through a randomizer until I find one I don't absolutely hate. There's no in-between.

I'd also rather not name a dragon some random name, because 9/10 that will become their actual name as I'll refer to that dragon by whatever name it currently has. I buy pre-named dragons a lot, and rarely - if ever - rename them for that very reason. I've only renamed dragons in the case of a very lore-heavy dragon needing a more appropriate name (and like as not, they use the new name as a code name or nickname, with the name they came with being something like a birth name).

I've had dragons that have gone unnamed for years due to this. I try to avoid it, since I am one of those who prefers to not have unnamed in my more important dragons' offspring lists. But yet I am guilty for not naming a dragon.

... I should probably put in somewhere that I'm usually happy to give a dragon whatever name the seller or parents' owner(s) would prefer, for the cost of a renaming scroll.
Honestly, I'm terrible at names. I either spend hours on sites like behindthename.com for the most perfect, thematically appropriate name - or I go through a randomizer until I find one I don't absolutely hate. There's no in-between.

I'd also rather not name a dragon some random name, because 9/10 that will become their actual name as I'll refer to that dragon by whatever name it currently has. I buy pre-named dragons a lot, and rarely - if ever - rename them for that very reason. I've only renamed dragons in the case of a very lore-heavy dragon needing a more appropriate name (and like as not, they use the new name as a code name or nickname, with the name they came with being something like a birth name).

I've had dragons that have gone unnamed for years due to this. I try to avoid it, since I am one of those who prefers to not have unnamed in my more important dragons' offspring lists. But yet I am guilty for not naming a dragon.

... I should probably put in somewhere that I'm usually happy to give a dragon whatever name the seller or parents' owner(s) would prefer, for the cost of a renaming scroll.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
I am bad at names. I have dragons that have gone unnamed for years because I can't be bothered to think of a name.
I am bad at names. I have dragons that have gone unnamed for years because I can't be bothered to think of a name.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
Sometimes, inspiration for a good name doesn't come until later.

Besides, what happens in my lair is my problem. It's not anyone else - I bought your consent to do whatever I wanted with the dragon when I paid you.
Sometimes, inspiration for a good name doesn't come until later.

Besides, what happens in my lair is my problem. It's not anyone else - I bought your consent to do whatever I wanted with the dragon when I paid you.
Sometimes names can take weeks or months, simply because of my naming process. I need to go through Egyptology books to find more fitting names of Kemetic deities and that's a lengthy process which I don't have time for at just any day I choose because I have a ton of other projects.
Sometimes names can take weeks or months, simply because of my naming process. I need to go through Egyptology books to find more fitting names of Kemetic deities and that's a lengthy process which I don't have time for at just any day I choose because I have a ton of other projects.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13