Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why Unnamed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
It can take me weeks to months to think of a name that I feel fits a dragon; and many of my unfinished G1s won't get a name until they are complete, which sometimes leaves dragons unnamed for years. But I typically name exalt fodder before selling, it's kind of fun to paste in weird and random names.
It can take me weeks to months to think of a name that I feel fits a dragon; and many of my unfinished G1s won't get a name until they are complete, which sometimes leaves dragons unnamed for years. But I typically name exalt fodder before selling, it's kind of fun to paste in weird and random names.
i just...can't think of one, man. a tundra i own has been unnamed for three days. my first aberration has gone unnamed for four weeks. three particularly unfortunate souls in my lair have gone unnamed for two years because i'm so bad at thinking up names. i am not a good dragon owner
i just...can't think of one, man. a tundra i own has been unnamed for three days. my first aberration has gone unnamed for four weeks. three particularly unfortunate souls in my lair have gone unnamed for two years because i'm so bad at thinking up names. i am not a good dragon owner
17499.png UMBRELLA / BROLLY
THEY/HE/SHE
FR +17
MIRROR ENTHUSIAST
I
-
-
-
I
click here for a dapper little lad
Most of my perma dragons that are bought unnamed stay unnamed because I can't think of a good name and if I regret it, I can never change it back to Unnamed.
Most of my perma dragons that are bought unnamed stay unnamed because I can't think of a good name and if I regret it, I can never change it back to Unnamed.
....... tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
BapeTheFish
She/Her
FR time +0 (usually active around 15:00-23:00 FR time)
pixel birds credit
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o2_r1_100.gif
I usually don't name my dragons right away if I buy them unnamed. Sometimes it can take a few months up to a year or more before they get named lol. Hatchlings that I hatch get named right away for selling unless I am going to keep it.
I usually don't name my dragons right away if I buy them unnamed. Sometimes it can take a few months up to a year or more before they get named lol. Hatchlings that I hatch get named right away for selling unless I am going to keep it.
S5A5nQt.png
"He he he... Crazy? Cicero?
He he he he! That's... madness..." ot3gL.gif
RyD5FgM.gif
I like to have reasons for names- usually unnamed just means I’m unsure what fits best.
I like to have reasons for names- usually unnamed just means I’m unsure what fits best.
The above user would fight an obelisk for a sanddollar/coral/any gold range G1.. hit me up if you have one

Looking for G1 in cornflower/radioactive/lavender or ultramarine/copper/stonewash!! Also any blue-ranged with an orange/red tert or any browns with a blue tert :)
I once left a dragon unnamed for seven years, I’m that bad at names
I once left a dragon unnamed for seven years, I’m that bad at names
adhEHPd.gif
I have Unnamed dragon intended way. I do not have a plan to name him at all.
I have Unnamed dragon intended way. I do not have a plan to name him at all.
Because it isn't always easy finding the right name for a dragon, and I feel no need to put a filler name in for the interim. Seeing a dragon with 'unnamed' doesn't bother me a whit.

This is especially the case with lore dragons; though it might not look it browsing through my lair, I have a lot of lore, the result of it building up bit by bit over the years. I rarely name a lore dragon until I've got a grip on their character and their role in the story, and since my approach to lore creation is very casual I'm hardly sitting down and forcing myself to churn out these characters in a day. Not to mention that what might be a non-lore perma today might be the source of inspiration for a whole subplot next year - so why waste time brainstorming up scores of filler names and throwaway puns if there's a good chance of changing my mind later?

Don't get me wrong, I love a good pun or silly joke dragon, and if a good name comes to mind I'll apply it regardless of lore or character development. The point is that I don't feel the need to name a dragon just for the sake of naming them. It'll happen when it happens, and not a moment before.
Because it isn't always easy finding the right name for a dragon, and I feel no need to put a filler name in for the interim. Seeing a dragon with 'unnamed' doesn't bother me a whit.

This is especially the case with lore dragons; though it might not look it browsing through my lair, I have a lot of lore, the result of it building up bit by bit over the years. I rarely name a lore dragon until I've got a grip on their character and their role in the story, and since my approach to lore creation is very casual I'm hardly sitting down and forcing myself to churn out these characters in a day. Not to mention that what might be a non-lore perma today might be the source of inspiration for a whole subplot next year - so why waste time brainstorming up scores of filler names and throwaway puns if there's a good chance of changing my mind later?

Don't get me wrong, I love a good pun or silly joke dragon, and if a good name comes to mind I'll apply it regardless of lore or character development. The point is that I don't feel the need to name a dragon just for the sake of naming them. It'll happen when it happens, and not a moment before.
[quote name="Skyspeed" date="2022-05-27 23:15:47" ] It can take me weeks to months to think of a name that I feel fits a dragon; and many of my unfinished G1s won't get a name until they are complete, which sometimes leaves dragons unnamed for years. But I typically name exalt fodder before selling, it's kind of fun to paste in weird and random names. [/quote] I too can take years to name a dragon. If I buy them and stash them to work on later they won't get a name until that is done. And even then sometimes I forget. I can't name them if I don't know who they are.
Skyspeed wrote on 2022-05-27 23:15:47:
I too can take years to name a dragon. If I buy them and stash them to work on later they won't get a name until that is done. And even then sometimes I forget. I can't name them if I don't know who they are.
sig129_by_dingobreath-dcpkdvz.pnghttp://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2387672/1
I'm just not very decisive, also I think being on a few sites where you couldn't rename your creatures made me more indecisive about naming. I have some dragons that have lore/character ideas in their bios and still no name
I'm just not very decisive, also I think being on a few sites where you couldn't rename your creatures made me more indecisive about naming. I have some dragons that have lore/character ideas in their bios and still no name
Always looking for chocolate/gold/X first gens.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13