Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why Unnamed?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
I'm just bad at names
I'm just bad at names
qlEHRGj.pngO5imYij.png
[quote name="AltMixie" date="2022-05-27 22:11:28" ] takes a hot minute to decide on names most of my dragons start as fodder but some of the ones I know I'm keeping need.. a little more deciding on them there are name change scrolls, but why waste multiple of them because I can't decide on a name? [/quote] ^^
AltMixie wrote on 2022-05-27 22:11:28:
takes a hot minute to decide on names

most of my dragons start as fodder but some of the ones I know I'm keeping need.. a little more deciding on them

there are name change scrolls, but why waste multiple of them because I can't decide on a name?
^^
He/Him | Gryffindor | Lawful Good | Sagittarius | FR+2

MZeTqmO.png
I’ve got finished G1s with UMAs that don’t have proper names yet. Just haven’t got around to doing it
I’ve got finished G1s with UMAs that don’t have proper names yet. Just haven’t got around to doing it
Naming hard
Naming hard
1136473bo09ry2gpx.gif

Luciana ♥ She/Her ♥ FRT +5
I don't really care, and I'm not good at names. if dragon is important to me, I'll name it, but price has nothing to do with importance
I don't really care, and I'm not good at names. if dragon is important to me, I'll name it, but price has nothing to do with importance
timezone: FR+11
Sometimes I genuinely just forget
Sometimes I genuinely just forget
733EAYl.png
^credit goes to Lichtdrache's^
If I am looking for a specific dragon it will be named.

If I buy a dragon I like with a name there is 99.9% chance it will stay that way.

Otherwise, I am really rubbish at thinking of names and usually either wait for inspiration or they remain that way for a very long time..
If I am looking for a specific dragon it will be named.

If I buy a dragon I like with a name there is 99.9% chance it will stay that way.

Otherwise, I am really rubbish at thinking of names and usually either wait for inspiration or they remain that way for a very long time..
I don't make animated pixel dragons anymore, sorry!
In several instances, I've only managed to name a dragon right before it was exalted, after multiple years of sitting around being a beloved and important dragon in my lair. My reasoning being that if they're going to be exalted, the name doesn't need to be perfect, whereas I need to like and connect to the name to the dragon otherwise.

I impulsively named a dragon earlier with a specific idea in mind; having not managed to find an outfit that fits my image, I'm probably going to have to end up renaming him. It's not really the renaming scroll price, it's the thought that I need to spend extra time and effort correcting my own mistakes— whereas if I bought a dragon with a name, I'm not as fussed about correcting it immediately unless I have a good idea in mind.
In several instances, I've only managed to name a dragon right before it was exalted, after multiple years of sitting around being a beloved and important dragon in my lair. My reasoning being that if they're going to be exalted, the name doesn't need to be perfect, whereas I need to like and connect to the name to the dragon otherwise.

I impulsively named a dragon earlier with a specific idea in mind; having not managed to find an outfit that fits my image, I'm probably going to have to end up renaming him. It's not really the renaming scroll price, it's the thought that I need to spend extra time and effort correcting my own mistakes— whereas if I bought a dragon with a name, I'm not as fussed about correcting it immediately unless I have a good idea in mind.
I don’t feel the need to rush naming/re-naming my permas. If the seller didn’t want Unnamed on their offspring lists, I just assume/hope they would have named them before selling.

Price has no bearing on how long it takes for me to decide on a name for a dragon, either. I have a dragon I spent 20kg on sitting with no name - it doesn’t mean I like them less or that I won’t name them eventually.
I don’t feel the need to rush naming/re-naming my permas. If the seller didn’t want Unnamed on their offspring lists, I just assume/hope they would have named them before selling.

Price has no bearing on how long it takes for me to decide on a name for a dragon, either. I have a dragon I spent 20kg on sitting with no name - it doesn’t mean I like them less or that I won’t name them eventually.
UwPE0Qp.png
I don't want to slap an unoriginal name on a dragon. I'm not a witty guy, so it takes me a neck minute to get my big brain churning. ;)

I'm not going to have a lair of dragons named Toe. Good names take time. I mean geeze, if you think FR is bad, you should see my sister's Howrse account lol. Everything is M or F for the first 10 years of their lives

But when I do think of names, they hit me while looking at the Unnamed of interest. I can't explain it, my mind just goes "Oh yeah, hey there Eagle." Out of the blue lol.
I don't want to slap an unoriginal name on a dragon. I'm not a witty guy, so it takes me a neck minute to get my big brain churning. ;)

I'm not going to have a lair of dragons named Toe. Good names take time. I mean geeze, if you think FR is bad, you should see my sister's Howrse account lol. Everything is M or F for the first 10 years of their lives

But when I do think of names, they hit me while looking at the Unnamed of interest. I can't explain it, my mind just goes "Oh yeah, hey there Eagle." Out of the blue lol.
Hey I finally put something in here. It's been 84 years. :)
If I blocked you, it's either because I didn't like your vibe, you blocked my sister and/or wife, you treated one of us like dirt, or I don't want you exalting my dragons. It's most likely one of the latter 3. Cheers!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13