Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is dragons eating eggs taboo
1 2 3
This has probably been discussed before but idk. I did notice that there aren't any egg food items, so is it considered taboo in Sorneith for dragons to eat eggs?
This has probably been discussed before but idk. I did notice that there aren't any egg food items, so is it considered taboo in Sorneith for dragons to eat eggs?
Probably! The three other mass producing egg makers other than dragons are all beastclan so... very much sentient.
Probably! The three other mass producing egg makers other than dragons are all beastclan so... very much sentient.
Let's find out. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/lpuLVM2.png[/img][/center]
Let's find out.
lpuLVM2.png
nope you can just fry them up for a big omelet
nope you can just fry them up for a big omelet
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2022-05-23 11:16:41" ] Let's find out. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/lpuLVM2.png[/img][/center] [/quote] that's what I'm saying
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2022-05-23 11:16:41:
Let's find out.
lpuLVM2.png
that's what I'm saying
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
Imp. Egg. Omlets. [emoji=coatl love size=5] For size consistency they'd need to be from imp x imp pairs but imagine the food points you'd get! Arguably you could sub other large breeds but I really wouldn't want to tangle with murderous guardians or ridgebacks.
Imp. Egg. Omlets.

For size consistency they'd need to be from imp x imp pairs but imagine the food points you'd get!

Arguably you could sub other large breeds but I really wouldn't want to tangle with murderous guardians or ridgebacks.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Technically speaking, wouldn't it be possible for any dragon that has a nest lay "duds", too? As in eggs that don't have dragons inside but instead, some yummy egg white and yolk? [emoji=gaoler tongue size=2]
Technically speaking, wouldn't it be possible for any dragon that has a nest lay "duds", too? As in eggs that don't have dragons inside but instead, some yummy egg white and yolk?
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
Well I guess it depends on exactly how animalistic dragons are. We know they're intelligent, but where is the line between "this is a person" and "this is a big lizard"

If a dragon layed unfertilized eggs, I don't see why they wouldn't take the chance to regain those nutrients. If dragons can even lay unfertilized eggs is another question ^^"

For eating fertilized eggs, I'm sure that's.. dragon politics >>"
And for Beastclan eggs i'm sure its just down to the individual, no?
Well I guess it depends on exactly how animalistic dragons are. We know they're intelligent, but where is the line between "this is a person" and "this is a big lizard"

If a dragon layed unfertilized eggs, I don't see why they wouldn't take the chance to regain those nutrients. If dragons can even lay unfertilized eggs is another question ^^"

xOuzD3k.png 90444046.png Bj9vK4V.gif
[quote name="CloudedViews" date="2022-05-23 11:47:46" ] Well I guess it depends on exactly how animalistic dragons are. We know they're intelligent, but where is the line between "this is a person" and "this is a big lizard" If a dragon layed unfertilized eggs, I don't see why they wouldn't take the chance to regain those nutrients. If dragons can even lay unfertilized eggs is another question ^^" For eating fertilized eggs, I'm sure that's.. dragon politics >>" And for Beastclan eggs i'm sure its just down to the individual, no? [/quote] That last line made me think… harpies likely lay eggs like chickens* (and since they’re half human it’s possible that…erm… once a month they lay a dud) or at the very least have a chance to lay duds. Perhaps they use these unfertilized eggs as bartering chips with dragons? A rare treat for the dragon and the harpy gets some treasure or items in return. *we do have chicken food items so it would be possible for egg food items to exist in the future Eating fertilized eggs is a thing in some cultures here on earth, so i guess it would be possible for dragons to do it too (likely exclusive to the non-sentient birds of sornieth like rocs or dodos)
CloudedViews wrote on 2022-05-23 11:47:46:

That last line made me think… harpies likely lay eggs like chickens* (and since they’re half human it’s possible that…erm… once a month they lay a dud) or at the very least have a chance to lay duds. Perhaps they use these unfertilized eggs as bartering chips with dragons? A rare treat for the dragon and the harpy gets some treasure or items in return.

*we do have chicken food items so it would be possible for egg food items to exist in the future

Eating fertilized eggs is a thing in some cultures here on earth, so i guess it would be possible for dragons to do it too (likely exclusive to the non-sentient birds of sornieth like rocs or dodos)
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I choose to believe my comment about hardboiling Arcane eggs inspired this thread.
I choose to believe my comment about hardboiling Arcane eggs inspired this thread.
1 2 3