Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is dragons eating eggs taboo
1 2 3
literally one of my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51638917]dragons[/url]: [img]https://i.imgur.com/pIFXnLX.jpg[/img]
literally one of my dragons:
pIFXnLX.jpg
esifLbR.png
Humans exploit other non-human animals who are all sentient and many are killed when they're newborns/newly hatched. I don't see why just eating an unfertilised egg would be taboo when there are much worse things out there. Actually, eating an unfertilised egg is not bad at all unless you're allergic or something.

But it is still a very good question because imagine if humans laid hard-shelled eggs instead of giving birth. How different would human culture be (hint: very)

Anyway, yes, we totally eat eggs in Sekhet Aaru
Humans exploit other non-human animals who are all sentient and many are killed when they're newborns/newly hatched. I don't see why just eating an unfertilised egg would be taboo when there are much worse things out there. Actually, eating an unfertilised egg is not bad at all unless you're allergic or something.

But it is still a very good question because imagine if humans laid hard-shelled eggs instead of giving birth. How different would human culture be (hint: very)

Anyway, yes, we totally eat eggs in Sekhet Aaru
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Considering the variety of birds (and reptiles) we have, fairly sure they could domesticate some. No need to eat dragon or beastclans eggs if dragon doesn't want to. [item=Dappled Clucker][item=Hooded Hen][item=Black Orpington][item=Dusk Orpington] [item=Mallard][item=Drifting Duck][item=Wood Duck][item=Red-Breasted Goose]
Considering the variety of birds (and reptiles) we have, fairly sure they could domesticate some. No need to eat dragon or beastclans eggs if dragon doesn't want to.

Dappled Clucker Hooded Hen Black Orpington Dusk Orpington
Mallard Drifting Duck Wood Duck Red-Breasted Goose
Buy glitch descendant
Renting nests
Wishlist
mzu1ECW.png
To be serious, I think It depends on region. My headcanon is that parential practices are different in each territory. So there can be dragons, who behave like reptiles in our world and who behave more like humans. If we talking about dragon eggs, I think It would be fine for many plague dragons to eat one. Especially if they need this to survive. Element of the egg may also matter. Probably, dragons may be prohibited from eating egg blessed by their elemental deity. But if this is egg from foreign territory (or even enemy territory) - that may be totally fine.
To be serious, I think It depends on region. My headcanon is that parential practices are different in each territory. So there can be dragons, who behave like reptiles in our world and who behave more like humans. If we talking about dragon eggs, I think It would be fine for many plague dragons to eat one. Especially if they need this to survive. Element of the egg may also matter. Probably, dragons may be prohibited from eating egg blessed by their elemental deity. But if this is egg from foreign territory (or even enemy territory) - that may be totally fine.
esifLbR.png
nah. egg is food and food good. i really don't think dragon eggs and any other egg are the same thing -- aren't dragon eggs just magical energy? not like, white and yolky kinda things?
nah. egg is food and food good. i really don't think dragon eggs and any other egg are the same thing -- aren't dragon eggs just magical energy? not like, white and yolky kinda things?
yzUX307.png
It depends on what egg we're talking about here.
I think regular, bird or reptile (or even fish) eggs, are fair game for dragons.

Beastclan eggs, however, in some cases it would be looked down upon to eat their eggs, in other cases, maybe a certain dragon has a grudge and would eat their eggs without question.

In Dragon cases, I'd LOVE to know why a dragon would eat another dragon egg. Starvation? Jealousy? I know for certain this would be considered taboo among dragons, but it's interesting to wonder what would drive a dragon to do so in the first place.
It depends on what egg we're talking about here.
I think regular, bird or reptile (or even fish) eggs, are fair game for dragons.

Beastclan eggs, however, in some cases it would be looked down upon to eat their eggs, in other cases, maybe a certain dragon has a grudge and would eat their eggs without question.

In Dragon cases, I'd LOVE to know why a dragon would eat another dragon egg. Starvation? Jealousy? I know for certain this would be considered taboo among dragons, but it's interesting to wonder what would drive a dragon to do so in the first place.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Well, I would imagine it would be considered cannibalism to eat a dragon egg unless it was done by one of its parents (I am thinking Plague parents laid a clutch where one or more of the hatchlings had genetic defects not compatible with life), but we do have cake food items, so eggs are something eaten.
Well, I would imagine it would be considered cannibalism to eat a dragon egg unless it was done by one of its parents (I am thinking Plague parents laid a clutch where one or more of the hatchlings had genetic defects not compatible with life), but we do have cake food items, so eggs are something eaten.
If you mean dragon eggs, I guess the parents won't be too happy. If you mean other eggs of other species, nah. It's not like humans think irl lizards are weird for eating eggs
If you mean dragon eggs, I guess the parents won't be too happy. If you mean other eggs of other species, nah. It's not like humans think irl lizards are weird for eating eggs
nTa2yPT.png
[quote name="Ratiasu" date="2022-05-23 12:58:06" ] nah. egg is food and food good. i really don't think dragon eggs and any other egg are the same thing -- aren't dragon eggs just magical energy? not like, white and yolky kinda things? [/quote] arcane eggs are all yolk and light eggs are all whites
Ratiasu wrote on 2022-05-23 12:58:06:
arcane eggs are all yolk and light eggs are all whites
nTa2yPT.png
If we assume human levels of sentience from dragons I'd assume a hard 'no' on dragon eggs from most, and for normal animal eggs it would just depend on taste/regional cuisine. I wouldn't entirely rule out dragons eating their own eggs just because sometimes cannibalism is a normal but rare thing in our world, i.e funerary practices. It's just. Y'know. Not a great idea because of prions.
If we assume human levels of sentience from dragons I'd assume a hard 'no' on dragon eggs from most, and for normal animal eggs it would just depend on taste/regional cuisine. I wouldn't entirely rule out dragons eating their own eggs just because sometimes cannibalism is a normal but rare thing in our world, i.e funerary practices. It's just. Y'know. Not a great idea because of prions.
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2 | Earth symbol Lightning symbol
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips

__________________________________Gif of a boston terrier chewing gum
1 2 3