Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hot take: Exalting is a public service.
1 2 3 4 5
this thread got hijacked, ouch

I think that’s a valid point! I’ve always exalted dragons actively, but I never thought about it like this :p
this thread got hijacked, ouch

I think that’s a valid point! I’ve always exalted dragons actively, but I never thought about it like this :p
That's a very valid point. I also think that exalting keeps the market in check and keeps the prices from falling TOO low.

With infinite dragon supply, who would want to buy so many dragons just for fun?
That's a very valid point. I also think that exalting keeps the market in check and keeps the prices from falling TOO low.

With infinite dragon supply, who would want to buy so many dragons just for fun?
Will open an adopt and skin & accent shop at some point... soon.
In other petsims, "exalting" (aka releasing) pets doesn't offer any real payout other than freeing up space. In FR, there is a very real, very predictable, and very stable treasure payout, so while other petsims may not have the same incentive to release, and as a result breeding can quickly overwhelm people, FR doesn't have that problem.

While I personally like to breed my own fodder (I prefer home grown due to lack of Drama), buying fodder on the AH is essential, and regular pushes are a great way to both get rid of surplus dragons in bulk, and strengthen the community as a whole. Plus, Dom is a fun mechanic that keeps a large number of players engaged on a weekly basis (looking at you Earth). What other petsim has that?

In simple terms: Exalting good. Exalting for money better.
In other petsims, "exalting" (aka releasing) pets doesn't offer any real payout other than freeing up space. In FR, there is a very real, very predictable, and very stable treasure payout, so while other petsims may not have the same incentive to release, and as a result breeding can quickly overwhelm people, FR doesn't have that problem.

While I personally like to breed my own fodder (I prefer home grown due to lack of Drama), buying fodder on the AH is essential, and regular pushes are a great way to both get rid of surplus dragons in bulk, and strengthen the community as a whole. Plus, Dom is a fun mechanic that keeps a large number of players engaged on a weekly basis (looking at you Earth). What other petsim has that?

In simple terms: Exalting good. Exalting for money better.
SbF7KkK.pnga5jtoDO.png AztXDsT.pngplague_banner.png
[quote name="Clownface" date="2022-05-18 15:00:32" ] x this sounds like a neat place to substitute words for political plans if "we" are to push the power beyond then the earth you stand on venus isnt going to be a silent rocks. The transmutation from the outside into forming "immortal" dragons well just be at the cost of a unstimulated mind which one day will go silent if trapped as the cobble stone under our feet when the future is just consuming the old into thought machines. Sadly the resources wont be rock water and air but instead brother sister n god when the only creature containing life sustaining materials are other dragons. Good look not creating life so that we dont consume more than sand. [/quote] …what
Clownface wrote on 2022-05-18 15:00:32:
x this sounds like a neat place to substitute words for political plans
if "we" are to push the power beyond then the earth you stand on venus
isnt going to be a silent rocks. The transmutation from the outside into forming "immortal" dragons well just be at the cost of a unstimulated mind which one day will go silent if trapped as the cobble stone under our feet when the future is just consuming the old into thought machines. Sadly the resources wont be rock water and air but instead brother sister n god when the only creature containing life sustaining materials are other dragons. Good look not creating life so that we dont consume more than sand.
…what
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Exalting is good for the economy
Exalting is good for the economy
iW3lC5l.pngY5ILoot.pngtg462CC.pngQFchClK.pnglightflower.png
Now that I'm cry-laughing from the hijacking and responses...

This is honestly a good view of exalting! I exalt when I have to, but I prefer not to do it myself. I would much rather sell for fodder price and let someone else exalt them. (Look, don't ask me why... I don't know why. If you think you might know why, do share!)

Now that I'm cry-laughing from the hijacking and responses...

This is honestly a good view of exalting! I exalt when I have to, but I prefer not to do it myself. I would much rather sell for fodder price and let someone else exalt them. (Look, don't ask me why... I don't know why. If you think you might know why, do share!)

zAAaB9p.png XXX
XXX
!! FOR SALE !!
7-Digit, Ivory XXX, TripGenes: 2.5kg (Willing to Negotiate)
Exalting is very good ofr the economy. If it wasn't, then I'm sure we wouldn't have back to back dom events like how we had Shadow's push, WvL's battle, and Nature's prefest push. And I'm more than certain that Arcane wouldn't be profit pushing as much as it does.

Another way is that it's very helpful for weeding out the more... over the top and less desirable dragons that have bad color combos or bad gene combos (or both). Take me for example. When I want to maximize stuff and not get attached, I'll sit there and weed out the patchwork/stitched dragons because you can not honestly tell me that those genes look good with most colors, and especially don't look good when one is paired out of the matchup. Thanks to my slight vendetta against the genes, the weird gene mashes and weird color mashes have been sorted out of the database, and leave the AH to show dragons with better colors and better gene mashups
Exalting is very good ofr the economy. If it wasn't, then I'm sure we wouldn't have back to back dom events like how we had Shadow's push, WvL's battle, and Nature's prefest push. And I'm more than certain that Arcane wouldn't be profit pushing as much as it does.

Another way is that it's very helpful for weeding out the more... over the top and less desirable dragons that have bad color combos or bad gene combos (or both). Take me for example. When I want to maximize stuff and not get attached, I'll sit there and weed out the patchwork/stitched dragons because you can not honestly tell me that those genes look good with most colors, and especially don't look good when one is paired out of the matchup. Thanks to my slight vendetta against the genes, the weird gene mashes and weird color mashes have been sorted out of the database, and leave the AH to show dragons with better colors and better gene mashups
[quote name="Clownface" date="2022-05-18 15:00:32" ] x this sounds like a neat place to substitute words for political plans if "we" are to push the power beyond then the earth you stand on venus isnt going to be a silent rocks. The transmutation from the outside into forming "immortal" dragons well just be at the cost of a unstimulated mind which one day will go silent if trapped as the cobble stone under our feet when the future is just consuming the old into thought machines. Sadly the resources wont be rock water and air but instead brother sister n god when the only creature containing life sustaining materials are other dragons. Good look not creating life so that we dont consume more than sand. [/quote] I think I get the point this you are trying to make. I think you trying to agree with Tuberose, saying that in the context of flight rising, if we didn't exalt dragons, then their wouldn't be any server room to make more dragons, or have the website run at all. It is the website–"God"–that creates the dragons that we love so dearly, but without exalting them, it will just "go silent" and we won't be able to enjoy it and will have "unstimulated minds." I guess you are looking it through the lens of your own lore or something similar, and have not made that clear in your post. Or I'm just falling for a post that purposely had no point besides being meant to confuse people. Oh well, c'est la vie
Clownface wrote on 2022-05-18 15:00:32:
x this sounds like a neat place to substitute words for political plans
if "we" are to push the power beyond then the earth you stand on venus
isnt going to be a silent rocks. The transmutation from the outside into forming "immortal" dragons well just be at the cost of a unstimulated mind which one day will go silent if trapped as the cobble stone under our feet when the future is just consuming the old into thought machines. Sadly the resources wont be rock water and air but instead brother sister n god when the only creature containing life sustaining materials are other dragons. Good look not creating life so that we dont consume more than sand.
I think I get the point this you are trying to make. I think you trying to agree with Tuberose, saying that in the context of flight rising, if we didn't exalt dragons, then their wouldn't be any server room to make more dragons, or have the website run at all. It is the website–"God"–that creates the dragons that we love so dearly, but without exalting them, it will just "go silent" and we won't be able to enjoy it and will have "unstimulated minds." I guess you are looking it through the lens of your own lore or something similar, and have not made that clear in your post.

Or I'm just falling for a post that purposely had no point besides being meant to confuse people. Oh well, c'est la vie
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
three posts in and someone already sent this thread spinning in a wildly discordant direction
three posts in and someone already sent this thread spinning in a wildly discordant direction
66.png
Yes, exalting as a physical mechanic is used to clean unused dragon off the service. I appreciate it in comparison to games like Neopets, where pets effectively exist forever in the pound, never claimed for years. A dragon that's exalted wouldn't have to maintain data like its level, size, age, battle stones, stats, apparel list, etc - the remainder (things like its ID, colors, breed, gender) could be moved to a different database, and you could separate the server load from active dragons.

I don't think abstaining from breeding fodder is "helping" though. The game is here to be played and such a massive amount of dragons are moved in any given day, one player not hatching nests doesn't affect that all that much. And the staff can upgrade servers when the general user load gets too high - it takes things like new breeds releasing to actually put pressure on them.

Play how you want, though! Plenty of people don't hatch nests for whatever reason. My only concern with your take is people not understanding your point, thinking breeding is somehow bad, and telling others it's a bad way to play the game. Not really an issue atm though, so no worries.
Yes, exalting as a physical mechanic is used to clean unused dragon off the service. I appreciate it in comparison to games like Neopets, where pets effectively exist forever in the pound, never claimed for years. A dragon that's exalted wouldn't have to maintain data like its level, size, age, battle stones, stats, apparel list, etc - the remainder (things like its ID, colors, breed, gender) could be moved to a different database, and you could separate the server load from active dragons.

I don't think abstaining from breeding fodder is "helping" though. The game is here to be played and such a massive amount of dragons are moved in any given day, one player not hatching nests doesn't affect that all that much. And the staff can upgrade servers when the general user load gets too high - it takes things like new breeds releasing to actually put pressure on them.

Play how you want, though! Plenty of people don't hatch nests for whatever reason. My only concern with your take is people not understanding your point, thinking breeding is somehow bad, and telling others it's a bad way to play the game. Not really an issue atm though, so no worries.
bVVJNGR.png
In Lightning? Join VOLT Teams! Ask me about it!
1 2 3 4 5