Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is there seriously nothing to do?
1 2 3 4
Am I missing a huge part of this website, or is there seriously a lack of things to do?
I've tried using the WW as it said that if you do not know what to do, check it out.
Well, all I've got from it was:

- One daily random item (woohoo...)
- Archeology, but there's not much to do other than just using a pickaxe every 15 minutes.
- Some minigames. Cool, you can earn yourself some coins! But I have 40K coins, and all I can find to do with these are purchasing yourself some dragon equipment. Cool, I guess?
- One daily hunt, which awards an item that you can convert to dragon food.
- Battles, but I didn't really get into them.

Is the entire point of the website the dragon battles, or am I missing something? Come on.

Other websites with pets that I've been on have at least 5 times more stuff to do.
Am I missing a huge part of this website, or is there seriously a lack of things to do?
I've tried using the WW as it said that if you do not know what to do, check it out.
Well, all I've got from it was:

- One daily random item (woohoo...)
- Archeology, but there's not much to do other than just using a pickaxe every 15 minutes.
- Some minigames. Cool, you can earn yourself some coins! But I have 40K coins, and all I can find to do with these are purchasing yourself some dragon equipment. Cool, I guess?
- One daily hunt, which awards an item that you can convert to dragon food.
- Battles, but I didn't really get into them.

Is the entire point of the website the dragon battles, or am I missing something? Come on.

Other websites with pets that I've been on have at least 5 times more stuff to do.
This account has been ABANDONED by its owner. Don't try to contact it; it has no owner anymore!
@Ondrashek06 flight rising is very much driven by your personal goals. it doesn't give you a lot of things you MUST do because it wants you to find things you want to do and then pursue them. it's also not going to punish you for not having hours to sink into the site. so you've hit on the "daily" tasks, sometimes they add to the things you can do daily, but it's kept pretty small. perhaps it's just me getting older, but i really appreciate that bc it's something i can do when i get home from work without being burned out

other things you can do daily are bond with familiars which gives you rewards. of course, the best way to get familiars is from the coliseum. the coli is VERY much the heart of flight rising. it's the best way to make money, best way to get resources, best way to engage with events. it's really hard to get into the coli early on, but most flights have a coliseum lending service where you can borrow a fully levelled dragon and level your own up to be useful. once you've got some dragons to use in the coli you can gather resources infinitely, get familiars to bond with (which give you money and resources), level dragons to exalt (for money, again), and occasionally a rare drop like a gene or an egg.

but yeah i really must emphasise that the main thing flight rising wants is for you to come up with your own goals. that could be geneing your dragons, expanding your lair, getting apparel to dress them up, collecting familiars. it's a self-directed game, basically. you get out what you put in.

not sure if that helps clear anything up for you tbh, but you're not expected to get a great deal done on fr quickly. it takes time to reach goals and that's kind of the point. ^^
@Ondrashek06 flight rising is very much driven by your personal goals. it doesn't give you a lot of things you MUST do because it wants you to find things you want to do and then pursue them. it's also not going to punish you for not having hours to sink into the site. so you've hit on the "daily" tasks, sometimes they add to the things you can do daily, but it's kept pretty small. perhaps it's just me getting older, but i really appreciate that bc it's something i can do when i get home from work without being burned out

other things you can do daily are bond with familiars which gives you rewards. of course, the best way to get familiars is from the coliseum. the coli is VERY much the heart of flight rising. it's the best way to make money, best way to get resources, best way to engage with events. it's really hard to get into the coli early on, but most flights have a coliseum lending service where you can borrow a fully levelled dragon and level your own up to be useful. once you've got some dragons to use in the coli you can gather resources infinitely, get familiars to bond with (which give you money and resources), level dragons to exalt (for money, again), and occasionally a rare drop like a gene or an egg.

but yeah i really must emphasise that the main thing flight rising wants is for you to come up with your own goals. that could be geneing your dragons, expanding your lair, getting apparel to dress them up, collecting familiars. it's a self-directed game, basically. you get out what you put in.

not sure if that helps clear anything up for you tbh, but you're not expected to get a great deal done on fr quickly. it takes time to reach goals and that's kind of the point. ^^
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
This game has a large focus on breeding and Dominance as well. Lore is also pretty big here!

Then theres:
-Leveling up Baldwin Cauldron
-Maxing out your lair
-maxing out hibernal den
-Completing your bestiary (familiars)
-Maxing out your Arlos Artifact
-Dressing and geneing up your dragons and showing them off

I am missing quite a few things but there's plenty to do. But if it's not something you're really into, that's okay too :)
This game has a large focus on breeding and Dominance as well. Lore is also pretty big here!

Then theres:
-Leveling up Baldwin Cauldron
-Maxing out your lair
-maxing out hibernal den
-Completing your bestiary (familiars)
-Maxing out your Arlos Artifact
-Dressing and geneing up your dragons and showing them off

I am missing quite a few things but there's plenty to do. But if it's not something you're really into, that's okay too :)
BuDq0ZK.gif
@Ondrashek06

In my opinion, I think FR is focuses a lot less on gameplay and more so on letting you set your own goals. What is it that you want from the site? For me, it's to have nice looking dragons dressed up in nice looking apparel. To accomplish that, I'd need to utilize a lot of the sites infrastructure, such as the coliseum and fairegrounds, to get gems and treasure. Some people like to write lore for their lairs and create imaginative stories, some people try to make a dragon that's reminiscent of their favourite characters, and others do just grind the coliseum with their own unique challenges (stuff like nuzlockes haha).

You are right to a certain degree about the tasks-- they're not exactly engaging in the way that you'd typically look for in a game. Though, you're never forced into doing them and they're just a fun little way to earn currency for your overarching goals.

I don't really have any suggestions for what you should do, since I'm not sure what you look for in a game. Maybe check out the auction house, or dragon sale threads to see if anything catches your eye and work off of that? And maybe do give out the coliseum a try-- it's more addicting that you give it credit for :)
@Ondrashek06

In my opinion, I think FR is focuses a lot less on gameplay and more so on letting you set your own goals. What is it that you want from the site? For me, it's to have nice looking dragons dressed up in nice looking apparel. To accomplish that, I'd need to utilize a lot of the sites infrastructure, such as the coliseum and fairegrounds, to get gems and treasure. Some people like to write lore for their lairs and create imaginative stories, some people try to make a dragon that's reminiscent of their favourite characters, and others do just grind the coliseum with their own unique challenges (stuff like nuzlockes haha).

You are right to a certain degree about the tasks-- they're not exactly engaging in the way that you'd typically look for in a game. Though, you're never forced into doing them and they're just a fun little way to earn currency for your overarching goals.

I don't really have any suggestions for what you should do, since I'm not sure what you look for in a game. Maybe check out the auction house, or dragon sale threads to see if anything catches your eye and work off of that? And maybe do give out the coliseum a try-- it's more addicting that you give it credit for :)
fr.png
and if you want to do more activities, try out some user made ones! There are scavenging hunts, quizzes and more scattered around the forums that you can join :D
and if you want to do more activities, try out some user made ones! There are scavenging hunts, quizzes and more scattered around the forums that you can join :D
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
A big draw of FR is using those daily tasks to reach your goals.

- collecting familiars
- writing stories and lore for dragons
- collecting rare and valuable items
- gene and breed projects
- dressing dragons
- selling hatchlings
- art collecting
- leveling teams
- Coli farming
- Fodder training

And a lot more

It just takes some independence and idea of what you want
A big draw of FR is using those daily tasks to reach your goals.

- collecting familiars
- writing stories and lore for dragons
- collecting rare and valuable items
- gene and breed projects
- dressing dragons
- selling hatchlings
- art collecting
- leveling teams
- Coli farming
- Fodder training

And a lot more

It just takes some independence and idea of what you want

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
Cool, I'll try some activities in the forums, and I'll also try to figure out the other features that you all posted about.
Cool, I'll try some activities in the forums, and I'll also try to figure out the other features that you all posted about.
This account has been ABANDONED by its owner. Don't try to contact it; it has no owner anymore!
It’s also a really big creative outlet for people. There’s a massive artist community on here that enjoys drawing their dragons, writing about them, and offering their services to others. If you’re the creative type that might interest you :)
It’s also a really big creative outlet for people. There’s a massive artist community on here that enjoys drawing their dragons, writing about them, and offering their services to others. If you’re the creative type that might interest you :)
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
@Ondrashek06

As others have said, there are a ton of things to do, but it's all driven by what *you* want to do and the goals you set for yourself. Personally, my focus is on coming up with lore for my dragons, collecting soft-colored mirror dragons, tracking down dragons with specific color combos and then customizing them to make pairs for my hatchery, and of course, using the coli to farm for food and drops (especially festival currency--hey, there's a festival starting tomorrow, check it out!). If you want some more ideas, check out the Quests and Challenges forum to see some user-created goals.

Maybe start by looking at your dragons in the Scrying Workshop and seeing how you might want to customize them. A splendid way to find reasons to spend your dragon cash!

@Ondrashek06

As others have said, there are a ton of things to do, but it's all driven by what *you* want to do and the goals you set for yourself. Personally, my focus is on coming up with lore for my dragons, collecting soft-colored mirror dragons, tracking down dragons with specific color combos and then customizing them to make pairs for my hatchery, and of course, using the coli to farm for food and drops (especially festival currency--hey, there's a festival starting tomorrow, check it out!). If you want some more ideas, check out the Quests and Challenges forum to see some user-created goals.

Maybe start by looking at your dragons in the Scrying Workshop and seeing how you might want to customize them. A splendid way to find reasons to spend your dragon cash!

MmSftql.png
@rainchime

Isn't DeviantArt meant to be an art sharing site? But true, DA basically ruined itself with its ugly, minimalistic "Eclipse" layout that everyone hates.
@rainchime

Isn't DeviantArt meant to be an art sharing site? But true, DA basically ruined itself with its ugly, minimalistic "Eclipse" layout that everyone hates.
1 2 3 4