Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is there seriously nothing to do?
1 2 3 4
I can spend hours on here, but not without doing something else at the same time.

Everyone has pretty much covered what there is to do here, I'd certainly recommend exploring forums a bit and interacting with the community.

However, if Flight Rising isn't for you, it's just not going to be. You don't seem like any of the advice we're handing is interesting you and there isn't anything we can do about that -- it might just not be the place for you. /lh

I can spend hours on here, but not without doing something else at the same time.

Everyone has pretty much covered what there is to do here, I'd certainly recommend exploring forums a bit and interacting with the community.

However, if Flight Rising isn't for you, it's just not going to be. You don't seem like any of the advice we're handing is interesting you and there isn't anything we can do about that -- it might just not be the place for you. /lh

1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
Flight Rising is mostly "Make your own fun" It's not for everyone.

Create breeding projects by going to the scrying workshop and designing a dream dragon, then finding dragons you can breed to get closer to that goal. It's definitely a lot of waiting, because breeding take quite a while.

You can train dragons in the coliseum. Exalting > removing a dragon from active gameplay. Exalting is a great money maker.

Buying and designing accents and skins.

Writing background stories for your dragons, creating art for them.

Dressing your dragons.

Some people (me!) have great fun playing the market. Buying cheap items and reselling for more. Melting items in baldwin, selling those materials. Items dropped in coliseum, or found through gathering. I enjoy opening treasure chests you get from bonding with familiar (I buy loads of them, open them and sell the contents) I'm always trying to get richer.
Flight Rising is mostly "Make your own fun" It's not for everyone.

Create breeding projects by going to the scrying workshop and designing a dream dragon, then finding dragons you can breed to get closer to that goal. It's definitely a lot of waiting, because breeding take quite a while.

You can train dragons in the coliseum. Exalting > removing a dragon from active gameplay. Exalting is a great money maker.

Buying and designing accents and skins.

Writing background stories for your dragons, creating art for them.

Dressing your dragons.

Some people (me!) have great fun playing the market. Buying cheap items and reselling for more. Melting items in baldwin, selling those materials. Items dropped in coliseum, or found through gathering. I enjoy opening treasure chests you get from bonding with familiar (I buy loads of them, open them and sell the contents) I'm always trying to get richer.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
This place is where you have to build your own life, it's not like Neopets with giant amounts of content you could play with for hours or loads of minigames.

Honestly, FR is more like Mweor than anything. Sort of empty, super focused on breeding.

Set a goal for yourself - collect all genes or colours, get as much money as you possibly can, make a level 25 Wildclaw only lair, etc.

Personal goals are generally what makes a person stay here.
This place is where you have to build your own life, it's not like Neopets with giant amounts of content you could play with for hours or loads of minigames.

Honestly, FR is more like Mweor than anything. Sort of empty, super focused on breeding.

Set a goal for yourself - collect all genes or colours, get as much money as you possibly can, make a level 25 Wildclaw only lair, etc.

Personal goals are generally what makes a person stay here.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
@Ondrashek06

FR is kinda breed and dress dragons, basically you build your own lair/ community to add lore to pr just to look really pretty. The mechanics, game play and lore is very general to allow you to pick your own path.

Some lair paths (many lairs are more than 1):
Gen 1 lairs
Old dragon lairs
themed lairs
familiar collectors
Lore lairs
Hatchery lairs

A lot of FR is you earn to complete your goals above, very much a lore/ economy game.
Things you can do:
The shear amount of apparel and familiars and items will have you busy for eternity ..hahah just buying and geneing and dressing a dragon can take me an hour.

I personally spend a lot of time earning and buying very old dragons, then I earn more to gene and dress them and then add lore and soon art. I have been on the site almost 8 years and there are slow times but I would say 90% of the time I have something to do to entertain me. A thing that really kept me going is I have found a few friends I talk to all the time that make the site and its goals have more meaning.
@Ondrashek06

FR is kinda breed and dress dragons, basically you build your own lair/ community to add lore to pr just to look really pretty. The mechanics, game play and lore is very general to allow you to pick your own path.

Some lair paths (many lairs are more than 1):
Gen 1 lairs
Old dragon lairs
themed lairs
familiar collectors
Lore lairs
Hatchery lairs

A lot of FR is you earn to complete your goals above, very much a lore/ economy game.
Things you can do:
The shear amount of apparel and familiars and items will have you busy for eternity ..hahah just buying and geneing and dressing a dragon can take me an hour.

I personally spend a lot of time earning and buying very old dragons, then I earn more to gene and dress them and then add lore and soon art. I have been on the site almost 8 years and there are slow times but I would say 90% of the time I have something to do to entertain me. A thing that really kept me going is I have found a few friends I talk to all the time that make the site and its goals have more meaning.
A5i3AHB.png
Oh nice, FR doesn't ban you for saying "Neopets"? I think I might like it on the forums...
Oh nice, FR doesn't ban you for saying "Neopets"? I think I might like it on the forums...
This account has been ABANDONED by its owner. Don't try to contact it; it has no owner anymore!
@Ondrashek06

Flight rising is a breeding sim at its core, and the appeal in that is seeing your patience rewarded from breeding aesthetically pleasing dragons at the end of incubation cycles, dressing your pretty dergs, and watching your lair grow and expand over time. That's at least what I get enjoyment out of from this game! But that's another great thing about flight rising is finding and formulating your own goals and what you want. What do you want out of your lair? What breeds of dragons and genes catch your eye? Do you want the biggest lair possible or do you want a few carefully selected and bred dragons for lore and role-playing purposes? Do you just want to breed dragons with monochrome colors or the entire rainbow? Everyone has different goals that they are working to achieve on this site when it comes to their lair, and it takes everyone a while to complete them. The forums and community can provide lots of different guides for money making and other tasks you can do while waiting for your eggs to hatch or for dragons to be able to breed. There's also challenges and quests the community has created, as well as ways to engage with the community through role-playing, writing, and creating art for others in the forums as well.

But all in all, at the end of the day flight rising is very similar in my opinion to games like animal crossing. Sure, you can play as long as you want if you want to grind for treasure but the game is meant to be played in small chunks each day and your patience is rewarded by waiting for eggs to hatch, breeding cooldowns, etc. It's a very chill game and you can take breaks as much as you want there is no rush. If you find there's nothing left for you to do that's perfectly fine! Take a break and come back the next day, that's kind of what his site is meant to be like. It's not like most traditional games and honestly I wouldn't have interest in it if it was!

I hope some bit of this helped, the title of this caught my eye and I felt like I had to contribute in some way lol. This site certainly isn't for everyone.
@Ondrashek06

Flight rising is a breeding sim at its core, and the appeal in that is seeing your patience rewarded from breeding aesthetically pleasing dragons at the end of incubation cycles, dressing your pretty dergs, and watching your lair grow and expand over time. That's at least what I get enjoyment out of from this game! But that's another great thing about flight rising is finding and formulating your own goals and what you want. What do you want out of your lair? What breeds of dragons and genes catch your eye? Do you want the biggest lair possible or do you want a few carefully selected and bred dragons for lore and role-playing purposes? Do you just want to breed dragons with monochrome colors or the entire rainbow? Everyone has different goals that they are working to achieve on this site when it comes to their lair, and it takes everyone a while to complete them. The forums and community can provide lots of different guides for money making and other tasks you can do while waiting for your eggs to hatch or for dragons to be able to breed. There's also challenges and quests the community has created, as well as ways to engage with the community through role-playing, writing, and creating art for others in the forums as well.

But all in all, at the end of the day flight rising is very similar in my opinion to games like animal crossing. Sure, you can play as long as you want if you want to grind for treasure but the game is meant to be played in small chunks each day and your patience is rewarded by waiting for eggs to hatch, breeding cooldowns, etc. It's a very chill game and you can take breaks as much as you want there is no rush. If you find there's nothing left for you to do that's perfectly fine! Take a break and come back the next day, that's kind of what his site is meant to be like. It's not like most traditional games and honestly I wouldn't have interest in it if it was!

I hope some bit of this helped, the title of this caught my eye and I felt like I had to contribute in some way lol. This site certainly isn't for everyone.
Mia || He/Him or They/Them || 23 || FR+3
bYt72YT.png
WQA384m.png
HSWqWgZ.png
fkWjutW.png
I just wish that the website was at least more clear that it is supposed to be like this, a "do what you want" website; instead of looking more like an alternative to sites like Neopets.
I just wish that the website was at least more clear that it is supposed to be like this, a "do what you want" website; instead of looking more like an alternative to sites like Neopets.
This account has been ABANDONED by its owner. Don't try to contact it; it has no owner anymore!
Flight Rising is a pretty low maintenance site, which works well for its target audience, in my opinion. Teenagers and adults have school and jobs, kids that played Neopets at the time (me) only had school. In fact, when I first started playing NP, I didn't have school. I don't think FR is trying to imitate NP in any way either. There's a limit to Neopets and petpets (and petpetpets)? you can have, but here you can have hundreds of dragons and finding pretty/desirable/unique dragons is a pretty large part of the appeal to players like myself and others. I've been spending hours on the site by focusing on unlocking my hibernal den tasks. For a long time I didn't care, then suddenly it became a goal! The site can be fun the longer you take to figure it out. When I first joined there was a lot of stuff I didn't know about, but now I really enjoy it and do a lot of things that new player me wouldn't have done.
Also, I think it's up to every player's interpretation of what FR is supposed to be. To me, it was pretty clear it was a dragon collecting/breeding site and I didn't have many expectations

Plus, the water event starts tomorrow! Events are fun and encourage coliseum grinding, which in turn gets you extra food, battle items, eggs, etc. that you can sell or use :)
Flight Rising is a pretty low maintenance site, which works well for its target audience, in my opinion. Teenagers and adults have school and jobs, kids that played Neopets at the time (me) only had school. In fact, when I first started playing NP, I didn't have school. I don't think FR is trying to imitate NP in any way either. There's a limit to Neopets and petpets (and petpetpets)? you can have, but here you can have hundreds of dragons and finding pretty/desirable/unique dragons is a pretty large part of the appeal to players like myself and others. I've been spending hours on the site by focusing on unlocking my hibernal den tasks. For a long time I didn't care, then suddenly it became a goal! The site can be fun the longer you take to figure it out. When I first joined there was a lot of stuff I didn't know about, but now I really enjoy it and do a lot of things that new player me wouldn't have done.
Also, I think it's up to every player's interpretation of what FR is supposed to be. To me, it was pretty clear it was a dragon collecting/breeding site and I didn't have many expectations

Plus, the water event starts tomorrow! Events are fun and encourage coliseum grinding, which in turn gets you extra food, battle items, eggs, etc. that you can sell or use :)
giphy.gif She/her |+2 FR Time|Eternal Light| arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="@Ondrashek06" date="2022-04-23 14:08:23" ] I just wish that the website was at least more clear that it is supposed to be like this, a "do what you want" website; instead of looking more like an alternative to sites like Neopets. [/quote] I feel like that is less the fault of the site and more simply due to the impact Neopets has had generally on pop culture. If ask to name a virtual pet game, the general answer would probably be "Neopets" over games which share far more in common with FR like, for example, Lioden. Flight Rising is more of a breeding game, and from my understanding Neopets is more of a collecting game. The target audience is also pretty different, with Neopets being aimed more to kids and FR gearing more towards teens and adults, hence FR's freer structure in comparison - teens and adults tend to have a lot more going on in their life than younger people, so the site is made to be something checked in on throughout the day as opposed to played over long periods in a single sitting. This is made most prevalent by things such as the treasure cap (max treasure you can make in 1 day is 75,000) in the fairgrounds and the timer mechanics on tasks such as Baldwin's Bubbling Brew - this means that you can still make progress in the site whether you have other responsibilities in your life or not, and also prevents burnout with the game. TL;DR: FR and Neopets may technically be in the same genre of game as virtual pet sims, but they are pretty different in target audience and concept, in the same way Minecraft is different from Terraria despite both being sandbox games. As such, FR has more "downtime" and has less features based on playing for long chunks at a time. (Sorry for the info dump! I hope this doesn't come across as aggressive, I just like talking about the funny dragon game :D)
@Ondrashek06 wrote on 2022-04-23 14:08:23:
I feel like that is less the fault of the site and more simply due to the impact Neopets has had generally on pop culture. If ask to name a virtual pet game, the general answer would probably be "Neopets" over games which share far more in common with FR like, for example, Lioden.

Flight Rising is more of a breeding game, and from my understanding Neopets is more of a collecting game. The target audience is also pretty different, with Neopets being aimed more to kids and FR gearing more towards teens and adults, hence FR's freer structure in comparison - teens and adults tend to have a lot more going on in their life than younger people, so the site is made to be something checked in on throughout the day as opposed to played over long periods in a single sitting. This is made most prevalent by things such as the treasure cap (max treasure you can make in 1 day is 75,000) in the fairgrounds and the timer mechanics on tasks such as Baldwin's Bubbling Brew - this means that you can still make progress in the site whether you have other responsibilities in your life or not, and also prevents burnout with the game.

TL;DR:
FR and Neopets may technically be in the same genre of game as virtual pet sims, but they are pretty different in target audience and concept, in the same way Minecraft is different from Terraria despite both being sandbox games. As such, FR has more "downtime" and has less features based on playing for long chunks at a time.

(Sorry for the info dump! I hope this doesn't come across as aggressive, I just like talking about the funny dragon game :D)
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
Its less that fr lacks stuff of a pet site, and more that Neopets was a 1 in one million site that will probably never be replicated again. It enjoyed the massive boom of the y2k, which led to it getting big enough to provide massive amounts of games and lore updates, especially after being bought out by large companies (twice) which can work on multiple points of the site at the same time.

By comparison, most other pet sites are nicher, with smaller communities and supporters. Their owners are small business of a couple dozen workers + freelancers that may get hired sometimes, and they fit a more mature niche. (most in response to neopets being mainly kid focused and not having a similar space for teens back them. Nowadays I feel teen and adult petsites are the majority and kid petsites are lacking).

This means theyre more lowkey experiences, and the (well thought out) sites lower the amount of work for owners by having scaled back experiences and letting users create their own goals instead, with more freeing avenues for creativity.

Also, petsites just aren't everyones thing. I know I wasn't into them before fr. If you find yourself bored by the site, its ok to move on and look for new games
Its less that fr lacks stuff of a pet site, and more that Neopets was a 1 in one million site that will probably never be replicated again. It enjoyed the massive boom of the y2k, which led to it getting big enough to provide massive amounts of games and lore updates, especially after being bought out by large companies (twice) which can work on multiple points of the site at the same time.

By comparison, most other pet sites are nicher, with smaller communities and supporters. Their owners are small business of a couple dozen workers + freelancers that may get hired sometimes, and they fit a more mature niche. (most in response to neopets being mainly kid focused and not having a similar space for teens back them. Nowadays I feel teen and adult petsites are the majority and kid petsites are lacking).

This means theyre more lowkey experiences, and the (well thought out) sites lower the amount of work for owners by having scaled back experiences and letting users create their own goals instead, with more freeing avenues for creativity.

Also, petsites just aren't everyones thing. I know I wasn't into them before fr. If you find yourself bored by the site, its ok to move on and look for new games
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
1 2 3 4