Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is there seriously nothing to do?
1 2 3 4
@Ondrashek06

What do you mean by one daily hunt that awards an item? You have 10 gathering turns per day which usually give you more than one item. 15 if your dragons are fed, and 17 if your flight is dominating.

You can also write lore for your dragons, play around with the Scrying Workshop and particularly Predict Morphology, find some gene projects to work towards, play some player organised Forum Games, constantly run out of lair space by buying every vaguely nice looking dragon on the Auction House, but yeah, most of the stuff you generally do on this site spans over days, weeks, months and even years for the extra cool things.

Lately I've been brewing a lot at Baldwin's Bubbling Brew. It might take a while for your experience here to get off the ground, it did for me, but you'll mostly likely find something you'll get hooked on. I've been stuck writing lore here for five years.

Edit: I'm really sorry if this comes off as passive-aggressive or condescending, I don't mean to.
@Ondrashek06

What do you mean by one daily hunt that awards an item? You have 10 gathering turns per day which usually give you more than one item. 15 if your dragons are fed, and 17 if your flight is dominating.

You can also write lore for your dragons, play around with the Scrying Workshop and particularly Predict Morphology, find some gene projects to work towards, play some player organised Forum Games, constantly run out of lair space by buying every vaguely nice looking dragon on the Auction House, but yeah, most of the stuff you generally do on this site spans over days, weeks, months and even years for the extra cool things.

Lately I've been brewing a lot at Baldwin's Bubbling Brew. It might take a while for your experience here to get off the ground, it did for me, but you'll mostly likely find something you'll get hooked on. I've been stuck writing lore here for five years.

Edit: I'm really sorry if this comes off as passive-aggressive or condescending, I don't mean to.
Dinoclaire101.png
Flight Rising is a pet collecting site, and pet collecting sites don't typically exist to be played for hours on end. You do some stuff daily and that's it (assuming you don't use the forums which could occupy a lot more time). Think of them like mobile games but you can actually reach your goals instead of crying over insane lootbox rates.
Flight Rising is a pet collecting site, and pet collecting sites don't typically exist to be played for hours on end. You do some stuff daily and that's it (assuming you don't use the forums which could occupy a lot more time). Think of them like mobile games but you can actually reach your goals instead of crying over insane lootbox rates.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
I would definitely recommend breeding projects, one of my favorite hobbies! Finding out what works, looking for genes and certain colors, opening nests every week for a surprise like oop that did NOT work or seeing the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen. Dressing up dragons is also very fun, and it takes time that’s what I like. I mean yeah you can buy gems and go from there but also seeing the hard work you’ve put in and it build up over time is truly worth it :D
I would definitely recommend breeding projects, one of my favorite hobbies! Finding out what works, looking for genes and certain colors, opening nests every week for a surprise like oop that did NOT work or seeing the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen. Dressing up dragons is also very fun, and it takes time that’s what I like. I mean yeah you can buy gems and go from there but also seeing the hard work you’ve put in and it build up over time is truly worth it :D
Saur • She/Her • +2 FR Time
Current Profile Dragon: Inkwell
Rare Color Combo Breeder and Enjoyer
cf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gifcf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gifcf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gif
I mean thats the best part of FR. I played so many games that straight up required an hour bare minimum daily to get any progress.

On FR i can knock out my fairgrounds in about ten minutes and, as long as i dont have 200 dragons, familiar bonding doesn't add up like crazy. And then I can coli grind or snipe fodder for 8 hours straight on weekends if i feel like it.

I have tons of people on discord server that straight up barely play aside of familiar bonding and occasional breeding for months, because they got busy with other games. But then they come back!
I mean thats the best part of FR. I played so many games that straight up required an hour bare minimum daily to get any progress.

On FR i can knock out my fairgrounds in about ten minutes and, as long as i dont have 200 dragons, familiar bonding doesn't add up like crazy. And then I can coli grind or snipe fodder for 8 hours straight on weekends if i feel like it.

I have tons of people on discord server that straight up barely play aside of familiar bonding and occasional breeding for months, because they got busy with other games. But then they come back!
I do recommend collecting as many of those "coins" as you can though, it's not just for clothing but for almost everything on the site. You can use it to acquire more dragons from other players, and you can use it to completely customize those dragons however which way you want with genes as well as clothing. It's also necessary if you wish to expand your lair should you end up enjoying collecting many dragons; you don't start out with many slots.

It's a dragon collecting/breeding game after all, that's the main draw. To collect and customize your dragons. The other stuff is just to facilitate that.
I do recommend collecting as many of those "coins" as you can though, it's not just for clothing but for almost everything on the site. You can use it to acquire more dragons from other players, and you can use it to completely customize those dragons however which way you want with genes as well as clothing. It's also necessary if you wish to expand your lair should you end up enjoying collecting many dragons; you don't start out with many slots.

It's a dragon collecting/breeding game after all, that's the main draw. To collect and customize your dragons. The other stuff is just to facilitate that.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
@Mollusc But sites like Neopets do have games that entertain you (such as dice-a-roo or others), regardless of them being pet collecting sites.
@Mollusc But sites like Neopets do have games that entertain you (such as dice-a-roo or others), regardless of them being pet collecting sites.
This account has been ABANDONED by its owner. Don't try to contact it; it has no owner anymore!
I spend most of my time dressing up my dragons, fighting in the coliseum, checking out the skins/accents forums, and playing the jigsaw game in fairgrounds. Forum games is often a good place to go if you're bored, and I enjoy scrying/dressing other people's dragons when they ask for ideas in the dragon share forums.

I also like to scroll through the skins database and look at the pretty art but that might just be a me thing lhgkjds
I spend most of my time dressing up my dragons, fighting in the coliseum, checking out the skins/accents forums, and playing the jigsaw game in fairgrounds. Forum games is often a good place to go if you're bored, and I enjoy scrying/dressing other people's dragons when they ask for ideas in the dragon share forums.

I also like to scroll through the skins database and look at the pretty art but that might just be a me thing lhgkjds
nTa2yPT.png
@Ondrashek06
I've never played neopets, only chickensmoothie yeeeaaars ago and dragon cave which really doesn't have anything to do most of the time. Fairgrounds exists, if you don't like any of the games there there's not really anything to do about it unless a new game you do like gets added I supposed.
@Ondrashek06
I've never played neopets, only chickensmoothie yeeeaaars ago and dragon cave which really doesn't have anything to do most of the time. Fairgrounds exists, if you don't like any of the games there there's not really anything to do about it unless a new game you do like gets added I supposed.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
I do wish we had more minigames, in terms of actually playing, Flight Rising doesn't give you a ton to do but it's nice when you don't have much spare time. You can still keep up
I do wish we had more minigames, in terms of actually playing, Flight Rising doesn't give you a ton to do but it's nice when you don't have much spare time. You can still keep up
m87ieVe.png
A lot of pretty dragons, sometimes to write stories about too. I buy new ones, breed them to see what I get, plan on dressing them up/ buying user-made accents for them (expensive ;-;) and if I want a dragon real bad but I can't find one on the Auction House for sale, it's breeding project time

Edit: Ah, I get ideas for new dragon goals looking through other people's lairs, browsing Auction House, and playing in the Scrying Workshop in Predict Morphology
A lot of pretty dragons, sometimes to write stories about too. I buy new ones, breed them to see what I get, plan on dressing them up/ buying user-made accents for them (expensive ;-;) and if I want a dragon real bad but I can't find one on the Auction House for sale, it's breeding project time

Edit: Ah, I get ideas for new dragon goals looking through other people's lairs, browsing Auction House, and playing in the Scrying Workshop in Predict Morphology
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
1 2 3 4