Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | That one breed you like on paper...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I have all breeds represented in my lair. Of all of them, the breed that is "great on paper, meh in execution" is banescales for me.

It was terrific to get our first dragon that broke away from the standard body type! And it has awesome unique tertiary genes! And yet, I'm rarely satisfied by them. IMO, they have few appealing skins, few official skins in circulation, and those tend to get mangled by the aforementioned unique tertiaries. Then they cannot wear apparel on top of it, too. Unlike gaolers, they usually end up feeling oddly naked and incomplete.
I have all breeds represented in my lair. Of all of them, the breed that is "great on paper, meh in execution" is banescales for me.

It was terrific to get our first dragon that broke away from the standard body type! And it has awesome unique tertiary genes! And yet, I'm rarely satisfied by them. IMO, they have few appealing skins, few official skins in circulation, and those tend to get mangled by the aforementioned unique tertiaries. Then they cannot wear apparel on top of it, too. Unlike gaolers, they usually end up feeling oddly naked and incomplete.
I don't really have this problem with entire breeds, but there are definitely a couple of poses I can't get into. For example, I can't seem to keep female ridgebacks in my lair. I've had a couple that have lasted a couple of months each, but I always end up deciding they're not for me in the long run. I really dislike not having at least one of each breed and pose, though, so I'm on a quest to find one that works for my lair on a permant basis. Additionally, I've NEVER had a male tundra in my lair on any sort of permanent basis. I just hate the art for their pose, which is really unfortunate.

I do think banescales are particularly unpopular for this reason as well; as others have pointed out, despite being ancients, they tend to feel kind of naked and uninteresting unless they're gened to an extremely high quality.
I don't really have this problem with entire breeds, but there are definitely a couple of poses I can't get into. For example, I can't seem to keep female ridgebacks in my lair. I've had a couple that have lasted a couple of months each, but I always end up deciding they're not for me in the long run. I really dislike not having at least one of each breed and pose, though, so I'm on a quest to find one that works for my lair on a permant basis. Additionally, I've NEVER had a male tundra in my lair on any sort of permanent basis. I just hate the art for their pose, which is really unfortunate.

I do think banescales are particularly unpopular for this reason as well; as others have pointed out, despite being ancients, they tend to feel kind of naked and uninteresting unless they're gened to an extremely high quality.
v5w0f9x.png
Wildclaws and coatls. Wildclaws look cool, and coatls have really interesting lore.

I have one coatl that's stayed in my lair, and I've come close to exalting that one coatls several times. I haven't even written decent lore for that one coatl. I have no wildclaws. I don't know why.

Nocturnes too. I have a few nocturnes, but only because I am too stubborn to exalt them. I like them in theory, but something about their pose doesn't jive with me.
Wildclaws and coatls. Wildclaws look cool, and coatls have really interesting lore.

I have one coatl that's stayed in my lair, and I've come close to exalting that one coatls several times. I haven't even written decent lore for that one coatl. I have no wildclaws. I don't know why.

Nocturnes too. I have a few nocturnes, but only because I am too stubborn to exalt them. I like them in theory, but something about their pose doesn't jive with me.
LxbWmll.png
[font=courier] I found out how to bypass the "Can't get attached thing" by creating the character's personality, quirks, hobbies, and backstory BEFORE they get a physical form. I get attached to the character and then when I get a dragon to attach the character onto, they become instantly beloved by me. Before I managed that though, I had a lot of trouble keeping Snappers, Wildclaws, and Ridgebacks. Currently working on some Bogsneak dragons! [emoji=bogsneak tongue size=1]
I found out how to bypass the "Can't get attached thing" by creating the character's personality, quirks, hobbies, and backstory BEFORE they get a physical form. I get attached to the character and then when I get a dragon to attach the character onto, they become instantly beloved by me.

Before I managed that though, I had a lot of trouble keeping Snappers, Wildclaws, and Ridgebacks.

Currently working on some Bogsneak dragons!
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Gaolers, Female Spirals and Male Pearlcatchers. I tried experimenting with them in my lair & it just didn't work out
Gaolers, Female Spirals and Male Pearlcatchers. I tried experimenting with them in my lair & it just didn't work out
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
Faes and Tundras (and to a lesser extent Mirrors). I like their lore, especially Faes. But the art just isn't up to the standards of the newer breeds. Faes are especially rough, with the busy grayish linework.
Faes and Tundras (and to a lesser extent Mirrors). I like their lore, especially Faes. But the art just isn't up to the standards of the newer breeds. Faes are especially rough, with the busy grayish linework.
OVI5Wp2.gif
Nocts, and I have NO IDEA why because I love them. It's just... that my projects look better on other breeds... And I can't find ANY nocturne skins that I love and want to display.....
I.. don't know? I never noticed I had so few nocturnes until I read this and stopped to think about it.........

dang you opened my eyes... I think I wanna start looking for a nocturne...
Nocts, and I have NO IDEA why because I love them. It's just... that my projects look better on other breeds... And I can't find ANY nocturne skins that I love and want to display.....
I.. don't know? I never noticed I had so few nocturnes until I read this and stopped to think about it.........

dang you opened my eyes... I think I wanna start looking for a nocturne...
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
Coalt cus I like cats and sneaks a lot but they're hard to dress/gene and kinda too soft/Uwu/cinnamonroll for me which I don't find find very cute
Coalt cus I like cats and sneaks a lot but they're hard to dress/gene and kinda too soft/Uwu/cinnamonroll for me which I don't find find very cute
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
I can only get attached to Banescales if I give them innocent eyes, for whatever reason. Theoretically, since I enjoy the breeds with bigger eyes and more readable expressions, Snappers should be right up my alley, but I really just can't keep any for long. Ridgebacks are also cool in concept and art, but most apparel just seems to fall weirdly on them and I can't find much of a place for them in my lair.
I can only get attached to Banescales if I give them innocent eyes, for whatever reason. Theoretically, since I enjoy the breeds with bigger eyes and more readable expressions, Snappers should be right up my alley, but I really just can't keep any for long. Ridgebacks are also cool in concept and art, but most apparel just seems to fall weirdly on them and I can't find much of a place for them in my lair.
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7