Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | That one breed you like on paper...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I feel the same way about Banescales as others in this thread. I love their base art, but I have so much trouble getting attached. At the moment I have only two Banescales in my lair, one of each gender, and the female one is on the verge of being traded/exalted/given away. I want to love Banes, but I just can't find any designs that click with me that aren't from expensive hatcheries.

Edit: I just realized while familiar-bonding that I actually have three Banes, I just forgot about one of them. So there's a point to how same-y Banes feel to me.
I feel the same way about Banescales as others in this thread. I love their base art, but I have so much trouble getting attached. At the moment I have only two Banescales in my lair, one of each gender, and the female one is on the verge of being traded/exalted/given away. I want to love Banes, but I just can't find any designs that click with me that aren't from expensive hatcheries.

Edit: I just realized while familiar-bonding that I actually have three Banes, I just forgot about one of them. So there's a point to how same-y Banes feel to me.
!! signature under construction !!
spirals. like, c'mon, they're one of the coolest breeds on site and yet, not a single one in my lair. maybe someday? but everytime i go to scry a new g1 as a spiral, they eventually end up being something else.
spirals. like, c'mon, they're one of the coolest breeds on site and yet, not a single one in my lair. maybe someday? but everytime i go to scry a new g1 as a spiral, they eventually end up being something else.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
Mostly Bogsneaks for me. I can't seem to find any that fit in my lair/lair lore. I have a lovely breeding pairthat makes lovely deepwater babies and wears lovely skins, but no lore. And I have one--the first egg I brewed--who somehow fits perfectly into my lore despite being a Fire element and having weird colors. Ditto for the second one (I got her from a lore giveaway thread). I own only one more with actual lore plans...she's once again red-range. I'm super confused as to WHY I can't find Bogsneaks that really fit my aesthetics AND can write lore for...but it is what it is.
Mostly Bogsneaks for me. I can't seem to find any that fit in my lair/lair lore. I have a lovely breeding pairthat makes lovely deepwater babies and wears lovely skins, but no lore. And I have one--the first egg I brewed--who somehow fits perfectly into my lore despite being a Fire element and having weird colors. Ditto for the second one (I got her from a lore giveaway thread). I own only one more with actual lore plans...she's once again red-range. I'm super confused as to WHY I can't find Bogsneaks that really fit my aesthetics AND can write lore for...but it is what it is.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
i love the new site art for tundras but i can't get over the poses we have to dress having footballs for heads. :(

also ridgebacks, theoretically i should be all over spikey shark dragons but i find the rigidness (lol) of their poses off-putting. they're also very hard to dress, i don't like how a lot of my go-to apparel and genes look on them and i don't like how the primary and secondary are distributed across the body in a way that they're just all in one big block each.
i love the new site art for tundras but i can't get over the poses we have to dress having footballs for heads. :(

also ridgebacks, theoretically i should be all over spikey shark dragons but i find the rigidness (lol) of their poses off-putting. they're also very hard to dress, i don't like how a lot of my go-to apparel and genes look on them and i don't like how the primary and secondary are distributed across the body in a way that they're just all in one big block each.
qcCoEff.png Shall We Dance?
x
3+ FRT - HE/IT - OUTFIT THREAD
Nocturnes, I think they are quite cool looking and have a nice design but for some reason they look small to me and I can’t get over seeing them as the ‘default’ dragon because of how often I see g1 nocturnes
Nocturnes, I think they are quite cool looking and have a nice design but for some reason they look small to me and I can’t get over seeing them as the ‘default’ dragon because of how often I see g1 nocturnes
UTxhrgi.gifSnowflake-Nymph.png
Imperials.

I like them, but they don't have none under parents, so in the exalt bin they go.
Imperials.

I like them, but they don't have none under parents, so in the exalt bin they go.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Any kind of ancient. I like veils and all but im planning on yeeting my pair, probably. Still haven't found any other than 1 I consider a true perma.
Any kind of ancient. I like veils and all but im planning on yeeting my pair, probably. Still haven't found any other than 1 I consider a true perma.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Mirrors for me!
I love them and they're my favorite breed to draw. But..... they don't stick around for long :(
Mirrors for me!
I love them and they're my favorite breed to draw. But..... they don't stick around for long :(
I have beef with numerous lore aspects because they realistically make no sense so I just choose to ignore them. I do my own takes on history like evolution, more realistic anatomy, etc.

Otherwise? I love all the species.
I have beef with numerous lore aspects because they realistically make no sense so I just choose to ignore them. I do my own takes on history like evolution, more realistic anatomy, etc.

Otherwise? I love all the species.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Mirrors for sure, I LOVE them, but I don't have any perma mirrors in my lair. Any mirror in my lair is either breeding fodder or just temp.
Mirrors for sure, I LOVE them, but I don't have any perma mirrors in my lair. Any mirror in my lair is either breeding fodder or just temp.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7