Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If We Do Get An Ancient Out Of This
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="KeyOfLorelei" date="2021-06-13 08:19:45" ] Forever thankful that the staff created such a fun event - especially one that tries to be as inclusive as possible. They easily could have added tiers locked behind a paywall, but they didn't. So much hard work and time and love was clearly put into this. It's astounding that people are already complaining about a possible outcome for an event that is *just* now reaching the fifth milestone event, just because the prize *may* be something *they* personally don't like. We don't even know if we will be getting a modern breed or ancient breed or even a new breed at all. But we DO know more modern breeds in development/are coming. Even if we DON'T get a modern breed this time around, we know that we are really close to getting a new one. This event isn't - and shouldn't be - the end all be all hope for a modern. The rewards for the event have already been very generous and is great for both new/old players. Eliminates usually cost 500k - but now you can get at least one for free to help level your coli party or sell it for profit! G1 collector? Cool - here's a new free unhatched egg for you. Not a G1 collector, that's okay - that's still an easy 300 gems you can make! Save those for a gem breed or gem gene that you really like. Love to dress your dragons? Here is a FULL apparel set that usually retails anywhere from 50k-100k. We even got a super pretty new scene right off the bat that can be brewed if you want extra copies. Honestly, the only disappointing part of this event are the multiple threads of people whining over a *theoretical* prize for a completely *free* event. It really feels like they learned from the eyepocalypse that they will get what they want if they complain on a daily basis. [/quote] EXACTLY my thoughts
KeyOfLorelei wrote on 2021-06-13 08:19:45:
Forever thankful that the staff created such a fun event - especially one that tries to be as inclusive as possible. They easily could have added tiers locked behind a paywall, but they didn't. So much hard work and time and love was clearly put into this.

It's astounding that people are already complaining about a possible outcome for an event that is *just* now reaching the fifth milestone event, just because the prize *may* be something *they* personally don't like. We don't even know if we will be getting a modern breed or ancient breed or even a new breed at all. But we DO know more modern breeds in development/are coming. Even if we DON'T get a modern breed this time around, we know that we are really close to getting a new one. This event isn't - and shouldn't be - the end all be all hope for a modern.

The rewards for the event have already been very generous and is great for both new/old players. Eliminates usually cost 500k - but now you can get at least one for free to help level your coli party or sell it for profit! G1 collector? Cool - here's a new free unhatched egg for you. Not a G1 collector, that's okay - that's still an easy 300 gems you can make! Save those for a gem breed or gem gene that you really like. Love to dress your dragons? Here is a FULL apparel set that usually retails anywhere from 50k-100k. We even got a super pretty new scene right off the bat that can be brewed if you want extra copies.

Honestly, the only disappointing part of this event are the multiple threads of people whining over a *theoretical* prize for a completely *free* event. It really feels like they learned from the eyepocalypse that they will get what they want if they complain on a daily basis.

EXACTLY my thoughts
HX0RiC0.png
@Kataracts

I could not agree more! Most petsims tend to taper off and get worse but Flight Rising has really aged well and I'm very impressed with the direction it's heading in generally.

Maybe I'm still stuck in remembering the years where things didn't really happen all that much, so I don't expect big exciting changes at every update and anniversary even though they've been ramping up content in the past 2 years. Whatever happens is always a (mostly) pleasant surprise for me haha ^^.

Fingers crossed everyone is happy with whatever it is and there's not a ton of discourse again lol
@Kataracts

I could not agree more! Most petsims tend to taper off and get worse but Flight Rising has really aged well and I'm very impressed with the direction it's heading in generally.

Maybe I'm still stuck in remembering the years where things didn't really happen all that much, so I don't expect big exciting changes at every update and anniversary even though they've been ramping up content in the past 2 years. Whatever happens is always a (mostly) pleasant surprise for me haha ^^.

Fingers crossed everyone is happy with whatever it is and there's not a ton of discourse again lol
Heart.gif
I don't know what I want more. I'm equally as excited for an ancient as a modern. Thing is. We know a modern is coming in the somewhat near future, because we've seen progress bars. We don't know about any new ancients

Would getting an ancient now and a modern a little later be that bad??
I don't know what I want more. I'm equally as excited for an ancient as a modern. Thing is. We know a modern is coming in the somewhat near future, because we've seen progress bars. We don't know about any new ancients

Would getting an ancient now and a modern a little later be that bad??

There's backlash with every single update, gene, breed, and so on. It's inevitable.

I'll be content if it's a modern or an ancient, it's a new dragon breed.
There's backlash with every single update, gene, breed, and so on. It's inevitable.

I'll be content if it's a modern or an ancient, it's a new dragon breed.
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
[quote name="Heart" date="2021-06-13 07:47:23" ] What's wrong with Ancients? I don't get it :S [/quote] ^ Honestly this; I think it's sort of silly, since there's only a few Ancients so far compared to the many Moderns... I honestly would love more Ancients, they make writing Lore so much fun!~
Heart wrote on 2021-06-13 07:47:23:
What's wrong with Ancients? I don't get it :S
^ Honestly this; I think it's sort of silly, since there's only a few Ancients so far compared to the many Moderns... I honestly would love more Ancients, they make writing Lore so much fun!~
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Honestly the Ancient dragons look better without apparel. A fully decked out dragon hides any pretty genes, colors or special terts
Honestly the Ancient dragons look better without apparel. A fully decked out dragon hides any pretty genes, colors or special terts
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
[quote name="Kataracts" date="2021-06-13 10:18:06" ]It's not that people dislike ancients, but people might get upset because the anniversary tends to introduce a new element to the game.[/quote] Part of the trouble is, as someone else stated, many overlooking that this new event system [i]is[/i] a new element and can be reused, improved, or modified for future community activities. The minute a final special prize we'd all like got mentioned, the focus went entirely to that and not really to the future possibilities presented by the event itself.
Kataracts wrote on 2021-06-13 10:18:06:
It's not that people dislike ancients, but people might get upset because the anniversary tends to introduce a new element to the game.

Part of the trouble is, as someone else stated, many overlooking that this new event system is a new element and can be reused, improved, or modified for future community activities. The minute a final special prize we'd all like got mentioned, the focus went entirely to that and not really to the future possibilities presented by the event itself.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
I honestly feel bad for the staff lol
I honestly feel bad for the staff lol
@Heart

It's just the fact that they cannot be bred together or wear anything. After all the whole point on ancients is so that they can be released more often anyhow.

And it's been since 2016 if I'm correct since the release of a modern dragon. T_T
@Heart

It's just the fact that they cannot be bred together or wear anything. After all the whole point on ancients is so that they can be released more often anyhow.

And it's been since 2016 if I'm correct since the release of a modern dragon. T_T
There's a new bundle of community outrage every other week over something or other; no matter the outcome of this event somebody is going to get mad.
There's a new bundle of community outrage every other week over something or other; no matter the outcome of this event somebody is going to get mad.
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7