Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If We Do Get An Ancient Out Of This
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@xxDoxxie Oh yeah, I forget about apparel! That makes sense xD
@xxDoxxie Oh yeah, I forget about apparel! That makes sense xD
Heart.gif
If people do backlash over an ancient im going to find that pretty silly. I don't think any backlash would ever be as insane as eyepocalypse in the first place, as many people would love a unique earth ancient.

But additionally, we never did we get any hints on whether it would be an anicent or modern breed. IF we even get a breed and its an ancient and people backlash, they only have themselves to blame for overhyping themselves up.
If people do backlash over an ancient im going to find that pretty silly. I don't think any backlash would ever be as insane as eyepocalypse in the first place, as many people would love a unique earth ancient.

But additionally, we never did we get any hints on whether it would be an anicent or modern breed. IF we even get a breed and its an ancient and people backlash, they only have themselves to blame for overhyping themselves up.
70573973.pngCBsJXZk.gif
I think some of the issues seem to be stemming from people thinking that a potential new breed is the anniversary 'feature', when the actual, newly launched feature is the community event system itself. It's going to be used again, for a whole bunch of things in the future.

A new breed coming out as a prize for the feature is just a bonus!!
I think some of the issues seem to be stemming from people thinking that a potential new breed is the anniversary 'feature', when the actual, newly launched feature is the community event system itself. It's going to be used again, for a whole bunch of things in the future.

A new breed coming out as a prize for the feature is just a bonus!!
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
okay do people understand what the eyepocalipse actually was?
it wasn't a backlash because people's expectations were ruined or whatever, it was a mechanic being added that you cannot avoid
what does people being a little disappointed with a feature that you can avoid have to do with the eyepocalipse

edit: like i see people always saying oh no eyepocalipse 2 on almost every update when thats not what the point of it is,a feature that you cannot control is what it is . Not ruined expectations
okay do people understand what the eyepocalipse actually was?
it wasn't a backlash because people's expectations were ruined or whatever, it was a mechanic being added that you cannot avoid
what does people being a little disappointed with a feature that you can avoid have to do with the eyepocalipse

edit: like i see people always saying oh no eyepocalipse 2 on almost every update when thats not what the point of it is,a feature that you cannot control is what it is . Not ruined expectations
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
[quote name="@Lifeseeker" date="2021-06-13 07:48:52" ] [quote name="@Heart" date="2021-06-13 07:47:23" ] What's wrong with Ancients? I don't get it :S [/quote] i don't get it either, especially since we only have 3 ancients to the 14 moderns. i'm excited for something that is really out there! they can be so much more different than the other type of dragon. [/quote] (Sorry for the ping if you did not want one, I just wanted to answer your questions) It's not that people dislike ancients, but people might get upset because the anniversary tends to introduce a new element to the game. Eyepocalypse, the release of ancient breeds, and other such massive additions happen on the anniversary, so to get just an ancient from it would feel like a let down to some people, especially since the devs confirmed that we'd get a new ancient every several months or so, which would make it even more underwhelming. As for the number of moderns to ancients, moderns take a very long time to design and create, and are therefore extremely rare additions to the game because all the apparel in the database needs to be drawn to fit them, as well as all the genes, so ancients are able to be released faster because all they need is gene art, dragon designs, and the line breakers as the exchange for not being able to wear apparel. The most recent modern we got were Nocturnes, and those came out in 2014, 7 years ago. The most recent ancient we got were Veilspuns, and we got those 7 months ago. I'm not one of those people, but I can see why there might be users who would be very vocally upset if an ancient is at the end of this event, rather than a modern, especially since Tidelord has been missing for 3 years, and that Tetra, one of the characters from the story where he missing I believe, is involved in the Dustcarve event
@Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-06-13 07:48:52:
@Heart wrote on 2021-06-13 07:47:23:
What's wrong with Ancients? I don't get it :S

i don't get it either, especially since we only have 3 ancients to the 14 moderns.
i'm excited for something that is really out there! they can be so much more different than the other type of dragon.
(Sorry for the ping if you did not want one, I just wanted to answer your questions)

It's not that people dislike ancients, but people might get upset because the anniversary tends to introduce a new element to the game. Eyepocalypse, the release of ancient breeds, and other such massive additions happen on the anniversary, so to get just an ancient from it would feel like a let down to some people, especially since the devs confirmed that we'd get a new ancient every several months or so, which would make it even more underwhelming.

As for the number of moderns to ancients, moderns take a very long time to design and create, and are therefore extremely rare additions to the game because all the apparel in the database needs to be drawn to fit them, as well as all the genes, so ancients are able to be released faster because all they need is gene art, dragon designs, and the line breakers as the exchange for not being able to wear apparel. The most recent modern we got were Nocturnes, and those came out in 2014, 7 years ago. The most recent ancient we got were Veilspuns, and we got those 7 months ago.

I'm not one of those people, but I can see why there might be users who would be very vocally upset if an ancient is at the end of this event, rather than a modern, especially since Tidelord has been missing for 3 years, and that Tetra, one of the characters from the story where he missing I believe, is involved in the Dustcarve event
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
i kinda feel like the staff would’ve already taken into account that a buildup like this WOULD make users think that a modern is coming. if so many users are speculating about a modern you’d think the staff would at least shoot down speculation before it causes trouble.

of course if it is an ancient i’ll be a little disappointed but honestly this event has been so fun and the anticipation has kept me really interested in the days to come i’ll leave this anniversary with a good experience no matter what! we got a free eliminate, apparel set, an egg, AND two more surprises on the way. i’m happy
i kinda feel like the staff would’ve already taken into account that a buildup like this WOULD make users think that a modern is coming. if so many users are speculating about a modern you’d think the staff would at least shoot down speculation before it causes trouble.

of course if it is an ancient i’ll be a little disappointed but honestly this event has been so fun and the anticipation has kept me really interested in the days to come i’ll leave this anniversary with a good experience no matter what! we got a free eliminate, apparel set, an egg, AND two more surprises on the way. i’m happy
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
@Kataracts No, no it's fine! I wanted an answer to my question I wasn't just throwing questions out for the sake of it xD
The last modern was actually Bogsneaks in 2016 btw

My perspective was that this was probably going to be Ancient due to the Archaeology and Ancient cities but they were just revealing it in a more dramatic way because it's the anniversary and wanted to create something fun.

From what I've been reading, in this thread and others is that the build-up has raised people's expectations a lot and that people really, really want a new modern breed.

I've only started dressing dragons recently as well so there's not really any difference between moderns and ancients for me, they're equally as exciting but I guess because of the apparel many see Ancients as less exciting than Moderns? Which I understand!

@Kataracts No, no it's fine! I wanted an answer to my question I wasn't just throwing questions out for the sake of it xD
The last modern was actually Bogsneaks in 2016 btw

My perspective was that this was probably going to be Ancient due to the Archaeology and Ancient cities but they were just revealing it in a more dramatic way because it's the anniversary and wanted to create something fun.

From what I've been reading, in this thread and others is that the build-up has raised people's expectations a lot and that people really, really want a new modern breed.

I've only started dressing dragons recently as well so there's not really any difference between moderns and ancients for me, they're equally as exciting but I guess because of the apparel many see Ancients as less exciting than Moderns? Which I understand!

Heart.gif
The only reason I'm hoping for a modern at this point is because I cringe when I think of all the back lash. I'm of the unpopular opinion that this would be far better as an ancient. We're talking some sort of buried earth monstrosity here. I'll be disappointed if it turns out to look like a run of the mill dragon, which is more likely when you consider the limitations placed on modern breeds.
The only reason I'm hoping for a modern at this point is because I cringe when I think of all the back lash. I'm of the unpopular opinion that this would be far better as an ancient. We're talking some sort of buried earth monstrosity here. I'll be disappointed if it turns out to look like a run of the mill dragon, which is more likely when you consider the limitations placed on modern breeds.
The Empyreal Library
@Heart Ah shoot, my bad, I forgot bogs came after nocs!

Yeah, those are all fair points and also a pretty believable explanation for the possible brewing storm of maybe getting an ancient. I understand that it could've been the case where the team wanted to do a little event as hype and didn't expect it to snowball into it becoming something more that that, so I'm hoping that whatever the outcome is, any discourse that happens will blow over relatively quickly :)

The thing about the game is that everyone will play it differently, even with dressing dragons! I love to dress my dragons a lot, while you might not, so there might be a difference in our opinions, even if it's slight. I do find ancients less exciting because of this, but I'm excited about the fact that they're going to break the mold and not follow the standard "4 legs 2 wings 1 head" rule. I's impossible to make everyone happy, but I'm just happy that Flight Rising is a great game that keeps getting better and better with each year, like a fine wine ^^
@Heart Ah shoot, my bad, I forgot bogs came after nocs!

Yeah, those are all fair points and also a pretty believable explanation for the possible brewing storm of maybe getting an ancient. I understand that it could've been the case where the team wanted to do a little event as hype and didn't expect it to snowball into it becoming something more that that, so I'm hoping that whatever the outcome is, any discourse that happens will blow over relatively quickly :)

The thing about the game is that everyone will play it differently, even with dressing dragons! I love to dress my dragons a lot, while you might not, so there might be a difference in our opinions, even if it's slight. I do find ancients less exciting because of this, but I'm excited about the fact that they're going to break the mold and not follow the standard "4 legs 2 wings 1 head" rule. I's impossible to make everyone happy, but I'm just happy that Flight Rising is a great game that keeps getting better and better with each year, like a fine wine ^^
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
[quote name="Wyndolen" date="2021-06-13 10:37:30" ] The only reason I'm hoping for a modern at this point is because I cringe when I think of all the back lash. I'm of the unpopular opinion that this would be far better as an ancient. We're talking some sort of buried earth monstrosity here. I'll be disappointed if it turns out to look like a run of the mill dragon, which is more likely when you consider the limitations placed on modern breeds. [/quote] I agree that an ancient makes so much more sense for the lore weaved throughout this event! If it’s going to be a modern, I really hope it’s unique enough to fit in with the lore. I’m 95% sure we’re getting a breed, because staff would have said something. I mean, they commented on a thread suggesting the lore might be pointing to humans, and there were only a handful of threads about that. Pretty much everyone has been talking about a new breed, and staff is good at stopping us from over-hyping.
Wyndolen wrote on 2021-06-13 10:37:30:
I agree that an ancient makes so much more sense for the lore weaved throughout this event! If it’s going to be a modern, I really hope it’s unique enough to fit in with the lore. I’m 95% sure we’re getting a breed, because staff would have said something. I mean, they commented on a thread suggesting the lore might be pointing to humans, and there were only a handful of threads about that. Pretty much everyone has been talking about a new breed, and staff is good at stopping us from over-hyping.
WM9x0r4.pngpansexual2.png Sapphic.pngTdWf5vx.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7