Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If We Do Get An Ancient Out Of This
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This seems like a lot for just an ancient breed, I’m guessing it’s something bigger, but a new dragon breed might be involved
This seems like a lot for just an ancient breed, I’m guessing it’s something bigger, but a new dragon breed might be involved
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
I'm guessing eyepocolypse is when they released new eye types? Why were people mad about that?
I'm guessing eyepocolypse is when they released new eye types? Why were people mad about that?

_____

efacdede8267407a1b4b2a68e2c1544fcf3e95b5.png

____qiTymVx.png
________

[quote name="GrimEchoes" date="2021-06-13 12:43:46" ] There's a new bundle of community outrage every other week over something or other; no matter the outcome of this event somebody is going to get mad. [/quote] This so much. I don't think it can be avoided with so many people being very intense about this game one way or another. [quote name="SqueakyWarrior" date="2021-06-13 13:32:39" ] I'm guessing eyepocolypse is when they released new eye types? Why were people mad about that? [/quote] @SneakyWarrior For a lot of reasons. Mainly because it introduced a site wide feature that changed the optics of a dragon without any backward compability to older dragons besides a limited-single-use scatter scroll that had a tiny chance of landing a very desired eye type on existing dragons. (made a mis-ping here, sorry!)
GrimEchoes wrote on 2021-06-13 12:43:46:
There's a new bundle of community outrage every other week over something or other; no matter the outcome of this event somebody is going to get mad.
This so much. I don't think it can be avoided with so many people being very intense about this game one way or another.
SqueakyWarrior wrote on 2021-06-13 13:32:39:
@SneakyWarrior
For a lot of reasons. Mainly because it introduced a site wide feature that changed the optics of a dragon without any backward compability to older dragons besides a limited-single-use scatter scroll that had a tiny chance of landing a very desired eye type on existing dragons.

(made a mis-ping here, sorry!)
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
[quote name="BirdSoap" date="2021-06-13 07:46:26" ] yeah, I can see a lot of backlash coming out this no matter what we get from it. It's just how it is. I don't think it'll be just an ancient but we shall see! [/quote]
BirdSoap wrote on 2021-06-13 07:46:26:
yeah, I can see a lot of backlash coming out this no matter what we get from it. It's just how it is. I don't think it'll be just an ancient but we shall see!
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
[quote name="GrimEchoes" date="2021-06-13 12:43:46" ] There's a new bundle of community outrage every other week over something or other; no matter the outcome of this event somebody is going to get mad. [/quote]
GrimEchoes wrote on 2021-06-13 12:43:46:
There's a new bundle of community outrage every other week over something or other; no matter the outcome of this event somebody is going to get mad.
I see a lot of people are confused as to why Ancients are dissappointing to some people. Maybe consider this viewpoint?

Ancients are confirmed to be released every several months, and for the most part the ancient drop is a forum post and getting a clanbound egg or scroll. The players don't have to work for anything, the ancient is guaranteed (and often expected/confirmed to be coming soon), and when it comes it's not a large site-wide event.

This Dustcarve Dig event has been almost a week of buildup, slowly getting through the stages and finally seeing what's on the other side. It's very reminiscent of the Bogsneak release except that it's even more exciting. I remember seeing Baldwin slowly morph, day after day, waiting excitedly to see what was going to happen next.

But this time it's even better! We get to interact with this event, we get to contribute and put in the effort to see what's going to happen instead of just being observers. For them to do all of this, to make us work for what we want, and then for it to be an ancient? A dragon that can't be bred with other species, can't wear apparel, has specific and often limited genes, and that was guaranteed to happen anyways? It would be a let down 100%

I'm not saying that Ancients are bad or unneeded, which is what I think a lot of people on this thread and in the forums are assuming people with my perspective are thinking. I'm saying that this event is too much hype and player effort for another Ancient release after 5 years without a new modern breed.

That being said, I definitely don't support anyone who attacks the devs/staff if they're upset about the outcome. I appreciate their work and if it does end up being an Ancient, I will keep my mouth shut and appreciate the new art, lore, and experience. After all, we've never had an event quite like this on FR before, so hopefully they'll do it again which would be super cool. It also has seemed to bring together a lot of people on the forums, everyone seems quite cordial for an event/drop like this so I'm quite happy with the event overall :-)
I see a lot of people are confused as to why Ancients are dissappointing to some people. Maybe consider this viewpoint?

Ancients are confirmed to be released every several months, and for the most part the ancient drop is a forum post and getting a clanbound egg or scroll. The players don't have to work for anything, the ancient is guaranteed (and often expected/confirmed to be coming soon), and when it comes it's not a large site-wide event.

This Dustcarve Dig event has been almost a week of buildup, slowly getting through the stages and finally seeing what's on the other side. It's very reminiscent of the Bogsneak release except that it's even more exciting. I remember seeing Baldwin slowly morph, day after day, waiting excitedly to see what was going to happen next.

But this time it's even better! We get to interact with this event, we get to contribute and put in the effort to see what's going to happen instead of just being observers. For them to do all of this, to make us work for what we want, and then for it to be an ancient? A dragon that can't be bred with other species, can't wear apparel, has specific and often limited genes, and that was guaranteed to happen anyways? It would be a let down 100%

I'm not saying that Ancients are bad or unneeded, which is what I think a lot of people on this thread and in the forums are assuming people with my perspective are thinking. I'm saying that this event is too much hype and player effort for another Ancient release after 5 years without a new modern breed.

That being said, I definitely don't support anyone who attacks the devs/staff if they're upset about the outcome. I appreciate their work and if it does end up being an Ancient, I will keep my mouth shut and appreciate the new art, lore, and experience. After all, we've never had an event quite like this on FR before, so hopefully they'll do it again which would be super cool. It also has seemed to bring together a lot of people on the forums, everyone seems quite cordial for an event/drop like this so I'm quite happy with the event overall :-)
Moth Keeper's Lantern xx - azra.
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
- skin & accent shop (semi-hiatus).
[quote name="Heart" date="2021-06-13 07:47:23" ] What's wrong with Ancients? I don't get it :S [/quote] I actually would [i]prefer[/i] an ancient [s]I mean, who doesn't want radioactive skeleton worms[/s] but I wouldn't care if it is a modern. Even though I'm very into dressing my dragons, I can always try making accents.
Heart wrote on 2021-06-13 07:47:23:
What's wrong with Ancients? I don't get it :S

I actually would prefer an ancient I mean, who doesn't want radioactive skeleton worms but I wouldn't care if it is a modern. Even though I'm very into dressing my dragons, I can always try making accents.
lHdQ8WC.gif arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fr time +3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Any pronouns
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Likes GI and HSR
I don't get the backlash either, I guess people think an ancient isn't worth having a whole event themed around it but ?? C'mon it's fun

Having fanfare makes it feel more special, I hope staff gets the opportunity to do more like this!
I don't get the backlash either, I guess people think an ancient isn't worth having a whole event themed around it but ?? C'mon it's fun

Having fanfare makes it feel more special, I hope staff gets the opportunity to do more like this!
.................. >Cyan
>she/her
>FR+0

tumblr_inline_pk7sfwujyO1tp8wp9_1280.pngyWeI4xG.png
.. rXl15F2.gif
.. .....
Pgv53XB.png
pkY2oAO.png
BjO3CiL.png
LDkMPPP.png
I sure hope there won't be backlash. Like people can be disappointed all they want, I know I'd prefer a Modern myself, but a new dragon is still a new dragon???? It's still SO much work like I'd have to commend them at least for getting a new Ancient designed in this time.

You can be sad you got a Strawberry Cake instead of a Chocolate Cake, but it's unreasonable to throw the cake back in the chefs face because it was the wrong flavor when it's not even yours alone.
I sure hope there won't be backlash. Like people can be disappointed all they want, I know I'd prefer a Modern myself, but a new dragon is still a new dragon???? It's still SO much work like I'd have to commend them at least for getting a new Ancient designed in this time.

You can be sad you got a Strawberry Cake instead of a Chocolate Cake, but it's unreasonable to throw the cake back in the chefs face because it was the wrong flavor when it's not even yours alone.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="aavikko" date="2021-06-13 14:05:21" ] I see a lot of people are confused as to why Ancients are dissappointing to some people. Maybe consider this viewpoint? Ancients are confirmed to be released every several months, and for the most part the ancient drop is a forum post and getting a clanbound egg or scroll. The players don't have to work for anything, the ancient is guaranteed (and often expected/confirmed to be coming soon), and when it comes it's not a large site-wide event. This Dustcarve Dig event has been almost a week of buildup, slowly getting through the stages and finally seeing what's on the other side. It's very reminiscent of the Bogsneak release except that it's even more exciting. I remember seeing Baldwin slowly morph, day after day, waiting excitedly to see what was going to happen next. But this time it's even better! We get to interact with this event, we get to contribute and put in the effort to see what's going to happen instead of just being observers. For them to do all of this, to make us work for what we want, and then for it to be an ancient? A dragon that can't be bred with other species, can't wear apparel, has specific and often limited genes, and that was guaranteed to happen anyways? It would be a let down 100% I'm not saying that Ancients are bad or unneeded, which is what I think a lot of people on this thread and in the forums are assuming people with my perspective are thinking. I'm saying that this event is too much hype and player effort for another Ancient release after 5 years without a new modern breed. That being said, I definitely don't support anyone who attacks the devs/staff if they're upset about the outcome. I appreciate their work and if it does end up being an Ancient, I will keep my mouth shut and appreciate the new art, lore, and experience. After all, we've never had an event quite like this on FR before, so hopefully they'll do it again which would be super cool. It also has seemed to bring together a lot of people on the forums, everyone seems quite cordial for an event/drop like this so I'm quite happy with the event overall :-) [/quote] this!!!
aavikko wrote on 2021-06-13 14:05:21:

this!!!
- she/her
- fr+3
- badges
BXMA6Ma.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7