Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | am I the only one disappointed in this?
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 31
[quote name="qunii" date="2021-06-08 12:37:52" ] I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general. I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it! [/quote] Honestly this. This is why I try not to get super hyped about something, because it inevitiably doesn't meet my expectations and I get disappointed. It doesn't matter what it is, whether a new story I think wil lbe good, a game I just saw, or what, if I get super hyped then I am usually disappointed, simply because I set such high and specific standards.
qunii wrote on 2021-06-08 12:37:52:
I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general.

I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it!
Honestly this.

This is why I try not to get super hyped about something, because it inevitiably doesn't meet my expectations and I get disappointed.

It doesn't matter what it is, whether a new story I think wil lbe good, a game I just saw, or what, if I get super hyped then I am usually disappointed, simply because I set such high and specific standards.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Falinks" date="2021-06-08 12:36:38" ] I'm happy for Earth, don't get me wrong, but would it have killed devs to maybe even just stick in a Plague NPC or... something? Because I was sick of this far too long ago, when devs promised to sort things out. Nothing has changed. At this point, I don't think anything will ever change. This just feels like the final nail in the coffin, because it's very clear that they aren't even thinking of us. And I can't even leave for another half-year because I'll miss out on the milestone stuff. [/quote] No offence but you're kinda acting like there's some kind of unethical personal discrimination against what's essentially your hogwarts house. It's just an aesthetic that you chose in a game my dude not some lack of privilege
Falinks wrote on 2021-06-08 12:36:38:
I'm happy for Earth, don't get me wrong, but would it have killed devs to maybe even just stick in a Plague NPC or... something? Because I was sick of this far too long ago, when devs promised to sort things out. Nothing has changed. At this point, I don't think anything will ever change. This just feels like the final nail in the coffin, because it's very clear that they aren't even thinking of us. And I can't even leave for another half-year because I'll miss out on the milestone stuff.
No offence but you're kinda acting like there's some kind of unethical personal discrimination against what's essentially your hogwarts house.

It's just an aesthetic that you chose in a game my dude not some lack of privilege
[quote name="Falinks" date="2021-06-08 12:36:38" ] I'm happy for Earth, don't get me wrong, but would it have killed devs to maybe even just stick in a Plague NPC or... something? Because I was sick of this far too long ago, when devs promised to sort things out. Nothing has changed. At this point, I don't think anything will ever change. This just feels like the final nail in the coffin, because it's very clear that they aren't even thinking of us. And I can't even leave for another half-year because I'll miss out on the milestone stuff. [/quote] You're looking for problems where there aren't any. There are several other flights who [i]also[/i] don't have any NPCs in this particular event. I haven't seen them claiming that it's because nobody's thinking of them or that it's some sort of targeted harassment of their flight. Yeah, there's a lot that Plague gets the short end of the stick on, and that could be done better. But this isn't part of that, and trying to shove it in as part of the issue cheapens the actual important arguments on that topic.
Falinks wrote on 2021-06-08 12:36:38:
I'm happy for Earth, don't get me wrong, but would it have killed devs to maybe even just stick in a Plague NPC or... something? Because I was sick of this far too long ago, when devs promised to sort things out. Nothing has changed. At this point, I don't think anything will ever change. This just feels like the final nail in the coffin, because it's very clear that they aren't even thinking of us. And I can't even leave for another half-year because I'll miss out on the milestone stuff.

You're looking for problems where there aren't any.

There are several other flights who also don't have any NPCs in this particular event. I haven't seen them claiming that it's because nobody's thinking of them or that it's some sort of targeted harassment of their flight.

Yeah, there's a lot that Plague gets the short end of the stick on, and that could be done better. But this isn't part of that, and trying to shove it in as part of the issue cheapens the actual important arguments on that topic.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Not sure what exactly there is to be disappointed in. But I guess everyone is allowed to feel how ever they want to.
Not sure what exactly there is to be disappointed in. But I guess everyone is allowed to feel how ever they want to.
TOW2n3q.png
Personally I think it's fun. I was kind of expecting a new mechanic or a revamp of some kind since that's what we usually get for annis, so this was a little unexpected! But I certainly am enjoying it. I also wonder if the reward for finishing the event is a little more akin to a typical anniversary release. A lot of people are saying it could be the new breed, I'm not sure but that would be cool!
Personally I think it's fun. I was kind of expecting a new mechanic or a revamp of some kind since that's what we usually get for annis, so this was a little unexpected! But I certainly am enjoying it. I also wonder if the reward for finishing the event is a little more akin to a typical anniversary release. A lot of people are saying it could be the new breed, I'm not sure but that would be cool!
jCVhFoZ.gif
Yeah, not sure why anyone would be disappointed.

I'm patiently waiting to see what the end result will be. Thanks, staff/devs! <3
Yeah, not sure why anyone would be disappointed.

I'm patiently waiting to see what the end result will be. Thanks, staff/devs! <3
Don't care to be honest.

Hoping it's a new modern dragon though and idk a bunch of eggs are found at the end. xD
Don't care to be honest.

Hoping it's a new modern dragon though and idk a bunch of eggs are found at the end. xD
I can see why some wouldn't be so excited for this, but I think it's really neat that it's a site wide event and it's interesting that we don't know exactly what the rewards are going to be. This is a good way to bring everyone together!
I'm not hoping to see anything specific but I really want to see some new apparel, whatever it is though I know it will be good. ♥
I can see why some wouldn't be so excited for this, but I think it's really neat that it's a site wide event and it's interesting that we don't know exactly what the rewards are going to be. This is a good way to bring everyone together!
I'm not hoping to see anything specific but I really want to see some new apparel, whatever it is though I know it will be good. ♥
tsKE8q5.png 11nVSmV.png

LF Vibrant Dragons

Art Dump!

Tot's Extra Dergs

IlQRgS6.png

It's like an advent calendar of sorts. The only disappointing thing is that the dig stuff will be temporary. It seems a good item and time sink to have something community-driven!
It's like an advent calendar of sorts. The only disappointing thing is that the dig stuff will be temporary. It seems a good item and time sink to have something community-driven!
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
@GlaxusPlaxus I already made a comment adivising that we shouldn't make this about plague because it really isn't, but there IS discrimination against plague that needs to be addressed. It's a lot more visible to us so I understand that you might not know about it, but it's there.
UMAs get rejected for having anything that remotely relates to plague aesthetic, yes even bone spikes like the ones in the wasteland get rejected for "looking like suffering". Any anatomical part of our our flight aestetic was outright banned, some UMAs from years past get refused from reprinting because it's "too gorey". We have no coli venue, last year's RoR apparel looks nothing like anything plague would ever produce, it was just a piece of clothing. Ah yes, green bards, the staple of plague.

In any case, this is not the subject of this thread and I would very much like to not make this gorgeous annivesary event about our flight, or any flight that isn't either earth or water. Let them have the spotlight! :)
If you wanna talk to me about this you're welcome to shoot me a DM, I would love to talk about it!

Snek put it very well - we get the short end of the stick on a bunch, but this event shouldn't be about us.
@GlaxusPlaxus I already made a comment adivising that we shouldn't make this about plague because it really isn't, but there IS discrimination against plague that needs to be addressed. It's a lot more visible to us so I understand that you might not know about it, but it's there.
UMAs get rejected for having anything that remotely relates to plague aesthetic, yes even bone spikes like the ones in the wasteland get rejected for "looking like suffering". Any anatomical part of our our flight aestetic was outright banned, some UMAs from years past get refused from reprinting because it's "too gorey". We have no coli venue, last year's RoR apparel looks nothing like anything plague would ever produce, it was just a piece of clothing. Ah yes, green bards, the staple of plague.

In any case, this is not the subject of this thread and I would very much like to not make this gorgeous annivesary event about our flight, or any flight that isn't either earth or water. Let them have the spotlight! :)
If you wanna talk to me about this you're welcome to shoot me a DM, I would love to talk about it!

Snek put it very well - we get the short end of the stick on a bunch, but this event shouldn't be about us.
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site