Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | am I the only one disappointed in this?
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30 31
I'm really hoping the reward is an Imperial egg or something related. I know I'm going to be disappointed, but I can't see it being a new breed, and a familiar would be lame to me.
I'm really hoping the reward is an Imperial egg or something related. I know I'm going to be disappointed, but I can't see it being a new breed, and a familiar would be lame to me.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
I'm not that interested in these kinds of events. It mostly involves a lot of waiting. Maybe the rewards will be good, who knows, and it does seem likely the reward at the end could be a modern or related to a new site feature or something, but there's just no way of knowing so far. If it is a modern, that is exciting, but it's also been a long time coming and I wouldn't consider it enough on it's own. So, my first reaction is it's a little disappointing. I'll wait and see if there's anything interesting in this event before writing it off, though. It probably will have some worthwhile aspects to it.
I'm not that interested in these kinds of events. It mostly involves a lot of waiting. Maybe the rewards will be good, who knows, and it does seem likely the reward at the end could be a modern or related to a new site feature or something, but there's just no way of knowing so far. If it is a modern, that is exciting, but it's also been a long time coming and I wouldn't consider it enough on it's own. So, my first reaction is it's a little disappointing. I'll wait and see if there's anything interesting in this event before writing it off, though. It probably will have some worthwhile aspects to it.
The most beautiful moment of life
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2021-06-08 11:52:09" ] [quote name="Nequam" date="2021-06-08 11:48:03" ] [quote name="Coincidence" date="2021-06-08 11:35:02" ]But I get why you would be unhappy. Delayed gratification is not something everyone learns.[/quote] I realise that this is supposed to be condescending, insulting the OP without the mods catching on, but you've completely missed the point. Waiting patiently for the anniversary is [i]already[/i] delaying gratification. By now, it's been [i]thoroughly delayed[/i]. [b]What if somebody promised to give you an awesome birthday present, then showed up at your party empty-handed and said "Haha, just kidding, you'll get it next week"?[/b] You'd fall off that high horse right quick, that's what. Personally, I'm neutral on the whole thing, but I can see why other people are irritated. Some kind of warning at least would've been nice. [/quote] But that isn’t what happened at all. We got an event as part of the present! It’s like complaining that your birthday includes a scavenger hunt. [/quote] The point isn’t even delayed gratification. If we are using the party analogy, it feels like someone said they’d plan a party and then didn’t put up decorations or balloons. It just doesn’t feel very festive right now, no spectacle or celebration. We are all here ready with party poppers and fireworks and staff said “well you can use those in three days after we do some digging!” I just wanna say people who are feeling a little deflated were expecting a party and there still doesn’t feel like a party. It’s not that it’s a bad event and we’re all looking forward to prizes and lore updates and whatever is going to be revealed, it’s very cool. It’s just a little empty feeling for kicking off a big event. But trying to say people who are a little disappointed in the lack of party atmosphere are ungrateful isn’t being fair. I think most comments saying they’re disappointed on this thread are totally reasonable. And we are all glad for some content, even if it’s way less celebratory than expected.
ceiswyn wrote on 2021-06-08 11:52:09:
Nequam wrote on 2021-06-08 11:48:03:
Coincidence wrote on 2021-06-08 11:35:02:
But I get why you would be unhappy. Delayed gratification is not something everyone learns.

I realise that this is supposed to be condescending, insulting the OP without the mods catching on, but you've completely missed the point. Waiting patiently for the anniversary is already delaying gratification. By now, it's been thoroughly delayed. What if somebody promised to give you an awesome birthday present, then showed up at your party empty-handed and said "Haha, just kidding, you'll get it next week"? You'd fall off that high horse right quick, that's what.

Personally, I'm neutral on the whole thing, but I can see why other people are irritated. Some kind of warning at least would've been nice.

But that isn’t what happened at all. We got an event as part of the present! It’s like complaining that your birthday includes a scavenger hunt.

The point isn’t even delayed gratification. If we are using the party analogy, it feels like someone said they’d plan a party and then didn’t put up decorations or balloons. It just doesn’t feel very festive right now, no spectacle or celebration. We are all here ready with party poppers and fireworks and staff said “well you can use those in three days after we do some digging!”

I just wanna say people who are feeling a little deflated were expecting a party and there still doesn’t feel like a party. It’s not that it’s a bad event and we’re all looking forward to prizes and lore updates and whatever is going to be revealed, it’s very cool. It’s just a little empty feeling for kicking off a big event. But trying to say people who are a little disappointed in the lack of party atmosphere are ungrateful isn’t being fair. I think most comments saying they’re disappointed on this thread are totally reasonable. And we are all glad for some content, even if it’s way less celebratory than expected.
tumblr_oclgidaTBf1rnk62zo7_r1_100.png
bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now
Illustrated Monster Manual: A Spooky Art Hatchery

♥ Black Lives Matter ♥
sEBxtxA.png
I kinda wish the event was a little more exciting/competitive, like maybe a points leaderboard by flight (for bragging rights only, no reward differences at all or anything), but overall I think it's a really different direction than usual FR events which I really appreciate.

Plus I'm guessing the final reward is a new breed, so honestly this is a really cute/fun build-up to that?
I kinda wish the event was a little more exciting/competitive, like maybe a points leaderboard by flight (for bragging rights only, no reward differences at all or anything), but overall I think it's a really different direction than usual FR events which I really appreciate.

Plus I'm guessing the final reward is a new breed, so honestly this is a really cute/fun build-up to that?
[quote name="CarmineCountess" date="2021-06-08 10:53:42" ] They should have just given us the rewards from the get go. Timegates have never made anything more fun. [/quote] In every single past anniversary we've had things just handed to us with no other event or involvement, in those instances it just wears off so fast and just contributes to the game being stale at times. The game needs progress and change and I'm all for it.
CarmineCountess wrote on 2021-06-08 10:53:42:
They should have just given us the rewards from the get go. Timegates have never made anything more fun.
In every single past anniversary we've had things just handed to us with no other event or involvement, in those instances it just wears off so fast and just contributes to the game being stale at times. The game needs progress and change and I'm all for it.
I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general.

I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it!
I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general.

I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it!
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
I think it seems pretty fun. I've been steadily loosing interest in the game for months, and this event has inspired me to actually start going some activities I haven't bothered with for a while, even if only to see what the reward is.
I think it seems pretty fun. I've been steadily loosing interest in the game for months, and this event has inspired me to actually start going some activities I haven't bothered with for a while, even if only to see what the reward is.
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
[quote name="qunii" date="2021-06-08 12:37:52" ] I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general. I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it! [/quote] Seconded
qunii wrote on 2021-06-08 12:37:52:

Seconded
HX0RiC0.png
I like the interactivity of this event! I only find it slightly underwhelming that meaningful participation is very short (that is, you can gather the event items and submit them in all within about a minute) with a lot of waiting in between.
(I am happy that they have considered our time and availability, though. The event is easily participated in by most players this way.)

I can't be disappointed until I see what the end reward is. The announcement made it seem like it's something very desirable, so that's something I still look forward to.
I like the interactivity of this event! I only find it slightly underwhelming that meaningful participation is very short (that is, you can gather the event items and submit them in all within about a minute) with a lot of waiting in between.
(I am happy that they have considered our time and availability, though. The event is easily participated in by most players this way.)

I can't be disappointed until I see what the end reward is. The announcement made it seem like it's something very desirable, so that's something I still look forward to.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="GlaxusPlaxus" date="2021-06-08 12:36:11" ] [quote name="CarmineCountess" date="2021-06-08 10:53:42" ] They should have just given us the rewards from the get go. Timegates have never made anything more fun. [/quote] In every single past anniversary we've had things just handed to us with no other event or involvement, in those instances it just wears off so fast and just contributes to the game being stale at times. The game needs progress and change and I'm all for it. [/quote] ^^^this. i honestly much prefer this event to just getting whatever the prizes are right away, it makes me feel more engaged in the game by doing things specifically to get items to help with the effort. this is something fresh and new, and getting the prizes automatically just wouldn't be as satisfying for me, imo.
GlaxusPlaxus wrote on 2021-06-08 12:36:11:
CarmineCountess wrote on 2021-06-08 10:53:42:
They should have just given us the rewards from the get go. Timegates have never made anything more fun.
In every single past anniversary we've had things just handed to us with no other event or involvement, in those instances it just wears off so fast and just contributes to the game being stale at times. The game needs progress and change and I'm all for it.
^^^this. i honestly much prefer this event to just getting whatever the prizes are right away, it makes me feel more engaged in the game by doing things specifically to get items to help with the effort. this is something fresh and new, and getting the prizes automatically just wouldn't be as satisfying for me, imo.
OjYCOIV.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30 31