Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | am I the only one disappointed in this?
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date="2021-06-11 07:06:58" ] [quote name="ceiswyn" date="2021-06-11 04:17:16" ] Is that a bit like the last person in a relay team not really being part of the race because the baton’s got most of the way to the finish line by the time they get it? [emoji=fae happy size=1] [/quote] I wouldn't know since I've never done that, but I imagine in a real life context I'd be somewhat invested in the race and connected to the people doing this with me, not go about my day as normal (or be asleep) and walk a few steps with the baton whenever I feel like it? It's not [i]the[/i] dealbreaker, but it contributes to the overall detachment I already feel. [/quote] To be honest, I see this as more as a charity type race, where there aren't any rewards, and people can go at their own pace. The only 'reward' is finishing the race and being able to raise money for your charity. People who want to go faster, do so, while people who have health problems or just want to relax can still walk the same race and reach the same endpoint and still raise money. I see this as sort of the same thing. Everyone can go at their own pace, so that those who want to go faster can do so, but they aren't locking out those who can't go as fast or don't want to go as fast.
DeepflowManah wrote on 2021-06-11 07:06:58:
ceiswyn wrote on 2021-06-11 04:17:16:
Is that a bit like the last person in a relay team not really being part of the race because the baton’s got most of the way to the finish line by the time they get it?
I wouldn't know since I've never done that, but I imagine in a real life context I'd be somewhat invested in the race and connected to the people doing this with me, not go about my day as normal (or be asleep) and walk a few steps with the baton whenever I feel like it? It's not the dealbreaker, but it contributes to the overall detachment I already feel.
To be honest, I see this as more as a charity type race, where there aren't any rewards, and people can go at their own pace. The only 'reward' is finishing the race and being able to raise money for your charity. People who want to go faster, do so, while people who have health problems or just want to relax can still walk the same race and reach the same endpoint and still raise money.

I see this as sort of the same thing. Everyone can go at their own pace, so that those who want to go faster can do so, but they aren't locking out those who can't go as fast or don't want to go as fast.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The only thing I'm annoyed about is not knowing how many resources total we need each, so it feel like even tho I've been grinding for hours I don't even know how much I'm contributing.
The only thing I'm annoyed about is not knowing how many resources total we need each, so it feel like even tho I've been grinding for hours I don't even know how much I'm contributing.
✨ TREE ﹍﹍﹍﹍﹍
adult - adhd - more active on cs
LUeMR.gifeaFOK.gifJsy3s.gifGRcgq.gif
[quote name="Smashing" date="2021-06-11 07:19:16" ] The only thing I'm annoyed about is not knowing how many resources total we need each, so it feel like even tho I've been grinding for hours I don't even know how much I'm contributing. [/quote] If you hover over the yellow bar, it'll give you a percentage. I check before and after I submit items, because I'm curious. I personally like the event, but I can get why some people don't. Hopefully things will work out.
Smashing wrote on 2021-06-11 07:19:16:

If you hover over the yellow bar, it'll give you a percentage. I check before and after I submit items, because I'm curious.

I personally like the event, but I can get why some people don't. Hopefully things will work out.
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date="2021-06-11 07:06:58" ] [quote name="ceiswyn" date="2021-06-11 04:17:16" ] Is that a bit like the last person in a relay team not really being part of the race because the baton’s got most of the way to the finish line by the time they get it? [emoji=fae happy size=1] [/quote] I wouldn't know since I've never done that, but I imagine in a real life context I'd be somewhat invested in the race and connected to the people doing this with me, not go about my day as normal (or be asleep) and walk a few steps with the baton whenever I feel like it? It's not [i]the[/i] dealbreaker, but it contributes to the overall detachment I already feel. [/quote] That has to bite! I know for me since each one takes 24 hours I've been able to feel involved quite a bit, even though one of the tunnels closed while I was asleep and another while I was at work. I woke this morning with a good chunk of it done on current tunnel, but should still be able to run for a little bit before this tunnel complete and feel like I'm helping. Over all I feel like the admins are trying to make sure each timezone has a shot with each tunnel taking 24 hours, but no matter what it's just not going to be a perfect fit for everyone.
DeepflowManah wrote on 2021-06-11 07:06:58:
ceiswyn wrote on 2021-06-11 04:17:16:
Is that a bit like the last person in a relay team not really being part of the race because the baton’s got most of the way to the finish line by the time they get it?
I wouldn't know since I've never done that, but I imagine in a real life context I'd be somewhat invested in the race and connected to the people doing this with me, not go about my day as normal (or be asleep) and walk a few steps with the baton whenever I feel like it? It's not the dealbreaker, but it contributes to the overall detachment I already feel.
That has to bite! I know for me since each one takes 24 hours I've been able to feel involved quite a bit, even though one of the tunnels closed while I was asleep and another while I was at work. I woke this morning with a good chunk of it done on current tunnel, but should still be able to run for a little bit before this tunnel complete and feel like I'm helping. Over all I feel like the admins are trying to make sure each timezone has a shot with each tunnel taking 24 hours, but no matter what it's just not going to be a perfect fit for everyone.

OVmZor1.png
is this satire
is this satire
Die of Bargaining julien
. they/them
. sapphic
. witch
. avatar
[quote name="Queerly" date="2021-06-11 08:31:56" ] is this satire [/quote] perhaps also I love your username lol
Queerly wrote on 2021-06-11 08:31:56:
is this satire
perhaps

also I love your username lol
rHxG0s7.pngY5ILoot.png kaz | they/he/she | gay ace
lately i’ve been forgetful and unfocused, please ping me again if i didn’t respond!
Wow so many pages already. [emoji=coatl scared size=1] I feel this is okay for people like me who are playing very casually rn. You come in, do your FR activities, turn in your Dig items. Nice. I'm happy this doesn't instill a fear of missing out even though there is a time-limit when all the bars are full for the current dig level. Also, I am curious what's down there.
Wow so many pages already.

I feel this is okay for people like me who are playing very casually rn. You come in, do your FR activities, turn in your Dig items. Nice. I'm happy this doesn't instill a fear of missing out even though there is a time-limit when all the bars are full for the current dig level.
Also, I am curious what's down there.
[quote name="@Sparrowlicious" date="2021-06-11 09:35:40" ]Wow so many pages already. [emoji=coatl scared size=1][/quote] Don't worry - a lot of it is in support of the event, and the few dissenting voices have actually been rather measured and reasonable. It's not 31 pages of rioting, heh. TBH it's the best overall reaction I've seen to a major FR update in a long, long time.
@Sparrowlicious wrote on 2021-06-11 09:35:40:
Wow so many pages already.

Don't worry - a lot of it is in support of the event, and the few dissenting voices have actually been rather measured and reasonable. It's not 31 pages of rioting, heh. TBH it's the best overall reaction I've seen to a major FR update in a long, long time.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
I really like how inclusive this event is trying to be, but for what it's worth I like to think that this event is also the staff testing the waters so future projects can potentially be more intensive!
I really like how inclusive this event is trying to be, but for what it's worth I like to think that this event is also the staff testing the waters so future projects can potentially be more intensive!
BuDq0ZK.gif
@aequorin I am very excited to be involved with this event! I would like to see Dustcarve continue to be a part of FR and will always want to see more lore. I’m happy with whatever comes of this.
@aequorin I am very excited to be involved with this event! I would like to see Dustcarve continue to be a part of FR and will always want to see more lore. I’m happy with whatever comes of this.
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31