Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | am I the only one disappointed in this?
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31
Hi folks, quick reminder to stay on-topic, which is focused on the Dustcarve Dig Event. Thank you!
Hi folks, quick reminder to stay on-topic, which is focused on the Dustcarve Dig Event. Thank you!
[quote name="qunii" date="2021-06-08 12:37:52" ] I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general. I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it! [/quote] Really spot on
qunii wrote on 2021-06-08 12:37:52:
I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general.

I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it!
Really spot on
She/Her
Adult
Untitled18_20230718164049.png
[quote name="Hyzenthlaay" date="2021-06-08 09:38:24" ] I mean, you can't please everyone, you know? [/quote] ^^^^ Exactly that I just cant wait for that massiv lore drop, the NPCs, the REWARDS and just generally have an reall exciting new activity! FR came a long way and i would love to see these community based events more often, its better than sitting around waiting for something to happen (i am looking at you Marva Bags)
Hyzenthlaay wrote on 2021-06-08 09:38:24:
I mean, you can't please everyone, you know?

^^^^ Exactly that

I just cant wait for that massiv lore drop, the NPCs, the REWARDS and just generally have an reall exciting new activity!
FR came a long way and i would love to see these community based events more often, its better than sitting around waiting for something to happen (i am looking at you Marva Bags)
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

I was hoping for something to spend some treasure/gems, but I will to see what the rewards will bring before spending any. I got a couple gen1s I want to complete. I just hope one of the rewards will be worthwhile.
I was hoping for something to spend some treasure/gems, but I will to see what the rewards will bring before spending any. I got a couple gen1s I want to complete. I just hope one of the rewards will be worthwhile.
DpIE0I4.png 94376151p.png
ytkEBod.png
FMoJ9vk.png
RDt6LqI.png
BAYHRHf.png
97xO4MG.png
While I am disappointed we have to wait to find out what we're getting, I am excited about the new event! They could use these styles of events for a lot of things. I think it's a great new edition to the site and hope they re-use it more in the future!
While I am disappointed we have to wait to find out what we're getting, I am excited about the new event! They could use these styles of events for a lot of things. I think it's a great new edition to the site and hope they re-use it more in the future!
TyYgOYZ.png
Almost everything I wanted to say has already been said, so I only got one more thing to add:
I'm really glad this event is super low key and specifically doesn't reward higher participation or have a leaderboard. It would really really suck to have exclusive items that are gated behind grindey mechanics (bc the only way you can get more supplies outside of dailies is coli and exalting) and having a leaderboard for individuals goes against the spirit of the event (collaboration). ALSO in the USA it's finals season for most students so it would suck for them to not have the chance to grind or have to risk their grades to do that :')

Also for anyone who played DV: isn't this just the spring event that everyone hated, but with all the parts that caused drama removed. I remember ppl calling dv unethical for forcing people to check in with the site constantly and ofc there was drama around cheating and privilege when ppl got on the leaderboard... No way fr would have seen that and put that in their event

I also don't think fr NEEDS to incentivise participation- tons of people exalt and play coli every day anyway, so even if there's ppl like me who will only do the bare minimum I'm sure a lot of people will be participating

Almost everything I wanted to say has already been said, so I only got one more thing to add:
I'm really glad this event is super low key and specifically doesn't reward higher participation or have a leaderboard. It would really really suck to have exclusive items that are gated behind grindey mechanics (bc the only way you can get more supplies outside of dailies is coli and exalting) and having a leaderboard for individuals goes against the spirit of the event (collaboration). ALSO in the USA it's finals season for most students so it would suck for them to not have the chance to grind or have to risk their grades to do that :')

Also for anyone who played DV: isn't this just the spring event that everyone hated, but with all the parts that caused drama removed. I remember ppl calling dv unethical for forcing people to check in with the site constantly and ofc there was drama around cheating and privilege when ppl got on the leaderboard... No way fr would have seen that and put that in their event

I also don't think fr NEEDS to incentivise participation- tons of people exalt and play coli every day anyway, so even if there's ppl like me who will only do the bare minimum I'm sure a lot of people will be participating

TnU9L8M.png > She/her
> Accents
> Art Exalt Rescue
[quote name="Bloomed" date="2021-06-08 13:23:37" ] [quote name="qunii" date="2021-06-08 12:37:52" ] I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general. I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it! [/quote] Really spot on [/quote] agreed. it's fun to theorize, but ultimately it's safer to keep your expectations low so you won't get super disappointed about something that was likely not going to happen anyway. plus, it's easier to enjoy things that way, at least for me.
Bloomed wrote on 2021-06-08 13:23:37:
qunii wrote on 2021-06-08 12:37:52:
I feel like a lot of people over-hype themselves for upcoming things like this and then burn out in disappointment when said thing doesn't meet their high bar of expectations. Not just on FR, but on the internet in general.

I think this is pretty cool tho, I love the idea of community interaction events like this and I love that Earth is in the spotlight for it!
Really spot on
agreed. it's fun to theorize, but ultimately it's safer to keep your expectations low so you won't get super disappointed about something that was likely not going to happen anyway. plus, it's easier to enjoy things that way, at least for me.
OjYCOIV.png
[quote name="Goblincat" date="2021-06-08 13:37:11" ] (bc the only way you can get more supplies outside of dailies is coli and exalting) [/quote] Just want to point out that you can get the items from both swipp and baldwin, I am currently doing baldwin, and I am pretty sure that I get one item every 30 minutes. not as fast as coli or exalting most likely, but still a steady generation of them.
Goblincat wrote on 2021-06-08 13:37:11:
(bc the only way you can get more supplies outside of dailies is coli and exalting)
Just want to point out that you can get the items from both swipp and baldwin, I am currently doing baldwin, and I am pretty sure that I get one item every 30 minutes. not as fast as coli or exalting most likely, but still a steady generation of them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Crim is also accessible more than once a day. She's every hour, I think.
Crim is also accessible more than once a day. She's every hour, I think.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
I really like it but I do wish there was more reason for active participation. You can accommodate including busy or casual players without making absolutely no reward (or even activity really) for players who want to get stuck in.

The balance has been missed here I think, but I am really excited to see what they do with the feature overall. Also some players are not super interested in the lore, so y'know, that aspect should really be more the icing, not the cake.
I really like it but I do wish there was more reason for active participation. You can accommodate including busy or casual players without making absolutely no reward (or even activity really) for players who want to get stuck in.

The balance has been missed here I think, but I am really excited to see what they do with the feature overall. Also some players are not super interested in the lore, so y'know, that aspect should really be more the icing, not the cake.
EUgPIoW.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31