Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breed names in other languages
1 2 3 4 5 6
Late to the party, but I'm Russian/Ukrainian and want to share translations for both. When translating an english word that is already established it's usually just saying the english word with an accent most of the time, but for some breeds that have objects in their names they get translated more literally

Using google translate to help with the spelling, and using the sounds of words in english because FR doesn't support special characters

The format will be English - Russian - Ukrainian

Banescale - Banescale - Baneska (Russian is same word but with accent)
Bogsneak - Bogsnik - Bohsneyk (slight different pronunciation, but same word)
Coatl - Koatl' - Koatl' (spelled different, pronounced the same pretty much)
Fae - Feyri - Feya (both translate to fairy but close enough imo)
Gaoler - Tyuremshchik - Tyulevar (both mean jailer or warden)
Guardian - Khranitel' - Okhoronets? (both mean protector, but close enough)
Imperial - Imperskiy - Impers?kyy (both are more adjectives, like "of royalty" sorta thing)
Mirror - Zerkalo - Dzerkalo (both translate to mirror, as in the object)
Nocturne - Noktyurn - Noktyurn (Different spelling, same pronounciation as english)
Pearlcatcher - Lovets zhemchuga - Perlovka (catcher of pearls and pearlcatcher respectively)
Ridgeback - Rebristaya spina - Rebrysta spyna (literal translation is "ridged back")
Skydancer - Tantsovshchitsa nebes - Tantsyurystneba (literal translation is "dancer of skies"
Snapper - Snapper - Snayper (same pronunciation, just with accent)
Spiral - Spiral' - Spiral? (same pronunciation, just with accent 2, electric boogaloo)
Tundra - Tundra - Tundra (same pronunciation, just with accent, the third)
Veilspun - Pryadil'shchitsa vualey - Pryadka zavis (literal translation is "spinner of veils")
Wildclaw - Dikiy kogot' - Dykyy kihot? (literal translation is "wild claw")
Late to the party, but I'm Russian/Ukrainian and want to share translations for both. When translating an english word that is already established it's usually just saying the english word with an accent most of the time, but for some breeds that have objects in their names they get translated more literally

Using google translate to help with the spelling, and using the sounds of words in english because FR doesn't support special characters

The format will be English - Russian - Ukrainian

Banescale - Banescale - Baneska (Russian is same word but with accent)
Bogsneak - Bogsnik - Bohsneyk (slight different pronunciation, but same word)
Coatl - Koatl' - Koatl' (spelled different, pronounced the same pretty much)
Fae - Feyri - Feya (both translate to fairy but close enough imo)
Gaoler - Tyuremshchik - Tyulevar (both mean jailer or warden)
Guardian - Khranitel' - Okhoronets? (both mean protector, but close enough)
Imperial - Imperskiy - Impers?kyy (both are more adjectives, like "of royalty" sorta thing)
Mirror - Zerkalo - Dzerkalo (both translate to mirror, as in the object)
Nocturne - Noktyurn - Noktyurn (Different spelling, same pronounciation as english)
Pearlcatcher - Lovets zhemchuga - Perlovka (catcher of pearls and pearlcatcher respectively)
Ridgeback - Rebristaya spina - Rebrysta spyna (literal translation is "ridged back")
Skydancer - Tantsovshchitsa nebes - Tantsyurystneba (literal translation is "dancer of skies"
Snapper - Snapper - Snayper (same pronunciation, just with accent)
Spiral - Spiral' - Spiral? (same pronunciation, just with accent 2, electric boogaloo)
Tundra - Tundra - Tundra (same pronunciation, just with accent, the third)
Veilspun - Pryadil'shchitsa vualey - Pryadka zavis (literal translation is "spinner of veils")
Wildclaw - Dikiy kogot' - Dykyy kihot? (literal translation is "wild claw")
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
From the freezing spoon, I give you this..
tundra
himmeldanser
myrsnikt
coatl
fae
bane skala
nokturne
perlefanger
spiral
slør spunnet
ryggrygg (what- both of those translate into back)
speil
villklo
keiserlig
gaoler

I suck at my own language so I used google translate, so they may not be accurate (Speil, Villklo, Perlefanger, Spiral and Himmeldanser are accurate)
From the freezing spoon, I give you this..
tundra
himmeldanser
myrsnikt
coatl
fae
bane skala
nokturne
perlefanger
spiral
slør spunnet
ryggrygg (what- both of those translate into back)
speil
villklo
keiserlig
gaoler

I suck at my own language so I used google translate, so they may not be accurate (Speil, Villklo, Perlefanger, Spiral and Himmeldanser are accurate)
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
Ok so several of these are gonna have to be broken up to be translated (wild + claw, sky + dancer, etc)

Banescale: clades squama or clades squamula
Bogsneak: lustrum obrepo (can also be spelled oprepo)
Coatl: coatl (or, since it means serpent, can be translated as serpens)
Fae: fae (no latin word for fae or even fairy that I know)
Gaoler: custos
Guardian: custos (again)
Imperial: imperatorius
Mirror: speculum
Nocturne: nocturnus (as far as I can translate)
Pearlcatcher: baca prendo
Ridgeback: collum tergum (I think?)
Skydancer: caelum saltator
Snapper: frangeretur (translates to snap, I had to use google translate for this one)
Spiral: turbo or spiralis
Tundra: tesca arctica (google translate again)
Veilspun: velamen neo
Wildclaw: ferox bracchium
Ok so several of these are gonna have to be broken up to be translated (wild + claw, sky + dancer, etc)

Banescale: clades squama or clades squamula
Bogsneak: lustrum obrepo (can also be spelled oprepo)
Coatl: coatl (or, since it means serpent, can be translated as serpens)
Fae: fae (no latin word for fae or even fairy that I know)
Gaoler: custos
Guardian: custos (again)
Imperial: imperatorius
Mirror: speculum
Nocturne: nocturnus (as far as I can translate)
Pearlcatcher: baca prendo
Ridgeback: collum tergum (I think?)
Skydancer: caelum saltator
Snapper: frangeretur (translates to snap, I had to use google translate for this one)
Spiral: turbo or spiralis
Tundra: tesca arctica (google translate again)
Veilspun: velamen neo
Wildclaw: ferox bracchium
tyEuRXe.png
5iXiC8z.png
ZTPHjAD.png
6YousWl.png
mlHpBMC.png
IPMR18o.png
74954242p.png
71417372p.png
I hoard Axolotls & Fancy Rats. Wishlist
Banescale: Uroko-Nakase ("bane of scales") Bogsneak: Koso-Mema ("sneak" and "bog;" definitely my worst translation) Coatl: Daija ("serpent," as translated from "coatl") Fae: Yohsei (literal) Gaoler: Kanshu (literal) Guardian: Hogosha (literal) Imperial: Teikoku (literal) Mirror: Kagami (literal) Nocturne: Yakyoku (literal) Pearlcatcher: Shinju-Tori ("pearl diver") Ridgeback: Se (both "ridge" and "back" [emoji=ridgeback winking size=1]) Skydancer: Sora-Odori (literal) Snapper: Kami-Tsuki (literal; "tai" refers to the fish) Spiral: Uzumaki (literal) Tundra: Dougen (literal) Veilspun: Bouseki-Fuku ("spun veil") Wildclaw: Yasei-no-Tsume (or Honpou-na-Tsume, depending on which definition of "wild" you want to use) Most of these dragons would be considered "doragon," which refers to Western dragons. Imperials and possibly Veilspuns would be considered "ryuu," which refers to Eastern dragons. @Alize I did it!
Banescale: Uroko-Nakase ("bane of scales")
Bogsneak: Koso-Mema ("sneak" and "bog;" definitely my worst translation)
Coatl: Daija ("serpent," as translated from "coatl")
Fae: Yohsei (literal)
Gaoler: Kanshu (literal)
Guardian: Hogosha (literal)
Imperial: Teikoku (literal)
Mirror: Kagami (literal)
Nocturne: Yakyoku (literal)
Pearlcatcher: Shinju-Tori ("pearl diver")
Ridgeback: Se (both "ridge" and "back" )
Skydancer: Sora-Odori (literal)
Snapper: Kami-Tsuki (literal; "tai" refers to the fish)
Spiral: Uzumaki (literal)
Tundra: Dougen (literal)
Veilspun: Bouseki-Fuku ("spun veil")
Wildclaw: Yasei-no-Tsume (or Honpou-na-Tsume, depending on which definition of "wild" you want to use)

Most of these dragons would be considered "doragon," which refers to Western dragons. Imperials and possibly Veilspuns would be considered "ryuu," which refers to Eastern dragons.

@Alize I did it!
dT9HQge.png zSxEqNq.png eIK5iG7.png WKtl2lb.png
GIJjY9o.png wqvfdXO.png fqRBC9C.png Z2soOA2.png
q9EEy5M.png EHXIkb0.png 2eDtvZS.png YMPbu9R.png
@Purrloinedlove

Thank you for remembering me! It's amazing how many are a direct translation. Ridgeback or snapper are my favorite translations.
@Purrloinedlove

Thank you for remembering me! It's amazing how many are a direct translation. Ridgeback or snapper are my favorite translations.
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="Alize" date="2021-05-28 05:30:53" ] @Purrloinedlove Thank you for remembering me! It's amazing how many are a direct translation. Ridgeback or snapper are my favorite translations. [/quote] Dou itashimashite! I too was surprised the translations were as easy as they were. My favorite translation here would have to be Banescale.
Alize wrote on 2021-05-28 05:30:53:
@Purrloinedlove

Dou itashimashite! I too was surprised the translations were as easy as they were. My favorite translation here would have to be Banescale.
dT9HQge.png zSxEqNq.png eIK5iG7.png WKtl2lb.png
GIJjY9o.png wqvfdXO.png fqRBC9C.png Z2soOA2.png
q9EEy5M.png EHXIkb0.png 2eDtvZS.png YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4 5 6