Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is your opinion on the eye update?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
maybe I'd feel different if I was on FR when it happened but frankly I really hate all the discussion and how frankly entitled a lot of players are. please it's been years. staff isnt going to change it. let it go, please
maybe I'd feel different if I was on FR when it happened but frankly I really hate all the discussion and how frankly entitled a lot of players are. please it's been years. staff isnt going to change it. let it go, please
x32bDUi.png
spencer
.ca
fr+1
please PA me orders if I don't reply to pings if possible! irl is busy, sorry!
For me, I'm fine with it. I like most of the eye types and when I get one I don't like, its easy enough to change them to common. Most of the dragons eyes are so small anyway, I barely notice them.
For me, I'm fine with it. I like most of the eye types and when I get one I don't like, its easy enough to change them to common. Most of the dragons eyes are so small anyway, I barely notice them.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
I was more new back then, like about 10 months old on my account? I was definitely excited, and thought the eyes were neat. Although, I did notice one of my dragons didn't feel right from the artwork change and gave them scattersight(s) to give them Unusual eyes. It was enjoyable.

Over time though, I started to wish that the scattersights weren't retired. I did read the forums about the eye update, and at least understood everyone against the update. I do think we need a way to change the eye system to be more available to every dragon. The mutation type of idea wasn't really great as I do like some control, which is one reason for some people with the breeding system prior to the update.

Edit: I do still like the eye types! I did keep a couple primals I bred, and plan to regene a third soon! I even have a multi-gaze G1 to scatterscroll. There are some dragons though that I was worried to waste though, but I don't want to really keep them. I would also love to give some of my dragons the eyes without worrying about scattersights being my only source. So, I guess mixed feelings eventually.
I was more new back then, like about 10 months old on my account? I was definitely excited, and thought the eyes were neat. Although, I did notice one of my dragons didn't feel right from the artwork change and gave them scattersight(s) to give them Unusual eyes. It was enjoyable.

Over time though, I started to wish that the scattersights weren't retired. I did read the forums about the eye update, and at least understood everyone against the update. I do think we need a way to change the eye system to be more available to every dragon. The mutation type of idea wasn't really great as I do like some control, which is one reason for some people with the breeding system prior to the update.

Edit: I do still like the eye types! I did keep a couple primals I bred, and plan to regene a third soon! I even have a multi-gaze G1 to scatterscroll. There are some dragons though that I was worried to waste though, but I don't want to really keep them. I would also love to give some of my dragons the eyes without worrying about scattersights being my only source. So, I guess mixed feelings eventually.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Ehhhhhhh....?

I like some of the new eye types. I really do. But the randomness of it means it doesn't often affect me too much. Only if I'm seeking a specific eye type for some reason, but that is a very rare occurrence.

Ehhhhhhh....?

I like some of the new eye types. I really do. But the randomness of it means it doesn't often affect me too much. Only if I'm seeking a specific eye type for some reason, but that is a very rare occurrence.

Veo99mO.gifBfiB8Ka.pngkBpCOnb.pngwTBPG5s.pngSLGMeHq.pngexUrsEs.pngcedPG3i.pngypbGWNk.png
lBxYxId.png
I like the idea of the eyes. I'm mostly neutral on them from a mechanic standpoint. Sure rng isn't my favorite, but the idea of a special eyed gen one is a lot of fun to me.

I'm a returning old player so I missed the whole update scatter sight fiasco. I was frustrated when I learned my old dragons couldn't have the cool eyes I wanted them to, but I compromised with giving them the eyes with vials and since then I've grown to not mind the eyes at all.
I love primals. I love multi-gaze (though I wish I could slap it on a dragon instead of breed for it but I can just buy a mutli dragon no big).

Special eyes give for more reasons for scatter projects, breeding projects, and geneing projects. So really I find them pretty fun.
I like the idea of the eyes. I'm mostly neutral on them from a mechanic standpoint. Sure rng isn't my favorite, but the idea of a special eyed gen one is a lot of fun to me.

I'm a returning old player so I missed the whole update scatter sight fiasco. I was frustrated when I learned my old dragons couldn't have the cool eyes I wanted them to, but I compromised with giving them the eyes with vials and since then I've grown to not mind the eyes at all.
I love primals. I love multi-gaze (though I wish I could slap it on a dragon instead of breed for it but I can just buy a mutli dragon no big).

Special eyes give for more reasons for scatter projects, breeding projects, and geneing projects. So really I find them pretty fun.
ezgif-7-30fd7f2236.gif
Loved the eye update. It made boring looking eyes great again.
Only bad thing was the scatter sights. Retiring it was not the problem more the fact we had only a weekend to get them. Should have at least be 2 weeks or something.
(Yes i sure did grind like crazy and selling them made me super rich but how much i wanted some of my dragons to have multigaze. Rip the dream)
Loved the eye update. It made boring looking eyes great again.
Only bad thing was the scatter sights. Retiring it was not the problem more the fact we had only a weekend to get them. Should have at least be 2 weeks or something.
(Yes i sure did grind like crazy and selling them made me super rich but how much i wanted some of my dragons to have multigaze. Rip the dream)
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
I just barely missed being here for this update, but its never really upset me at all. Maybe it's because I joined after the chaos that was the implementation, but I really don't mind the update. Could they have implemented it better? Definitely, but that doesn't mean I dislike the eyes.

Personally I really enjoy how rare it is. Hatching dragons is a nice surprise, and when you get a G1 with primal or multigaze its such an awesome feeling. I know a lot of people that dislike the fact that they can't opt out, but I feel like there are many ways that you can actually 'opt out'. If you don't like the eyes you can change them for pretty cheap, and if you don't feel like doing that then the exalt button is right over there.

FR has always involved some rng (an example would be hatching a G1), so I really don't feel like this rng element is that terribly out of place. Idk. This is probably the last time Ill post something that is genuinely my opinion on one of these threads though. Idk why there are so many recently
I just barely missed being here for this update, but its never really upset me at all. Maybe it's because I joined after the chaos that was the implementation, but I really don't mind the update. Could they have implemented it better? Definitely, but that doesn't mean I dislike the eyes.

Personally I really enjoy how rare it is. Hatching dragons is a nice surprise, and when you get a G1 with primal or multigaze its such an awesome feeling. I know a lot of people that dislike the fact that they can't opt out, but I feel like there are many ways that you can actually 'opt out'. If you don't like the eyes you can change them for pretty cheap, and if you don't feel like doing that then the exalt button is right over there.

FR has always involved some rng (an example would be hatching a G1), so I really don't feel like this rng element is that terribly out of place. Idk. This is probably the last time Ill post something that is genuinely my opinion on one of these threads though. Idk why there are so many recently
I kinda like the eyes. It's interesting having the chance to breed some unique eyes. As for those who have certain phobias because of some of the eye types, I understand, but there's always tempered sight eye vials that you could by to change your dragon's eyes into common. There's also selling and exalting, if you want to do that. [item=Vial of tempered sight] Seeing so many people upset over the fact that they can't toggle the eyes makes me want to just start hoarding them and offering them to the people who are really upset about it on forums. I'm not exaggerating or trying to be sarcastic, i'd rather spend 3g then watch people bash other people in the forums because of eyes.
I kinda like the eyes. It's interesting having the chance to breed some unique eyes. As for those who have certain phobias because of some of the eye types, I understand, but there's always tempered sight eye vials that you could by to change your dragon's eyes into common. There's also selling and exalting, if you want to do that.
Vial of Tempered Sight
Seeing so many people upset over the fact that they can't toggle the eyes makes me want to just start hoarding them and offering them to the people who are really upset about it on forums. I'm not exaggerating or trying to be sarcastic, i'd rather spend 3g then watch people bash other people in the forums because of eyes.
FR+0
Wishlist
Fun dip snorter#7940 on discord
unknown.png
[quote name="Reilata" date="2021-03-05 13:45:38" ] I quite enjoyed the eye update, except the part where I think Scattersights were a mistake, and should never have existed. Natural eyes were meant to be by breeding/hatching only, and so they should have only ever been so. It would have avoided this whole issue if it was never available to other dragons. Instead I think there should have been an equal amount of unnatural eye types that are a kind of equivalent to the others at the same time. But of course what was meant to be a small gift for the occasion lead to the expectation that every other dragon should just get breeding eye types not by doing so, and here we are. [/quote] Wow. No, I disagree entirely. Sure I wouldn't be as upset at the staff because a large part of the things causing my bad feelings wouldn't have happened, but it wouldn't have changed that people have been collecting dragons for five years. In every other way until that day, all new aesthetic updates were able to be used on those older dragons. We may not be calling them vials, but we'd still be asking for a way to get those eyes on old dragons. I don't know what in the world could possibly make you think ddifferently. Also I don't think people (in general) don't like the eyes. It was the update itself. And also the fact that all old dragons are locked out of it? I like the eyes and I don't mind a surprise primal or whatever. It's not as fun because, you know, most the time I don't want the luck on the dragon that got it. But overall, I do like the eyes. I just would like them more if I thought the mechanic to get them was even the least bit clever and more inclusive of the various playstyles.
Reilata wrote on 2021-03-05 13:45:38:
I quite enjoyed the eye update, except the part where I think Scattersights were a mistake, and should never have existed. Natural eyes were meant to be by breeding/hatching only, and so they should have only ever been so. It would have avoided this whole issue if it was never available to other dragons.

Instead I think there should have been an equal amount of unnatural eye types that are a kind of equivalent to the others at the same time.

But of course what was meant to be a small gift for the occasion lead to the expectation that every other dragon should just get breeding eye types not by doing so, and here we are.
Wow. No, I disagree entirely. Sure I wouldn't be as upset at the staff because a large part of the things causing my bad feelings wouldn't have happened, but it wouldn't have changed that people have been collecting dragons for five years. In every other way until that day, all new aesthetic updates were able to be used on those older dragons. We may not be calling them vials, but we'd still be asking for a way to get those eyes on old dragons. I don't know what in the world could possibly make you think ddifferently.

Also I don't think people (in general) don't like the eyes. It was the update itself. And also the fact that all old dragons are locked out of it? I like the eyes and I don't mind a surprise primal or whatever. It's not as fun because, you know, most the time I don't want the luck on the dragon that got it. But overall, I do like the eyes. I just would like them more if I thought the mechanic to get them was even the least bit clever and more inclusive of the various playstyles.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
It's cool that eyes can look cool now. I love Plague Unusual.
It's cool that eyes can look cool now. I love Plague Unusual.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11