Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is your opinion on the eye update?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Anyways

It was a cool update until I read the announcement and found out the scattersights retired in three days. It completely ruined my experience and I’ve come to hate breeding more and more. The longer I’ve been on site the more I want to take random dragons and completely revitalize them but eyes are the one thing that really makes a difference and I just can’t change them. Well I can but the unnatural eye types wouldn’t look good...

Each and every nest I’ve hatched for like a year now makes me extremely disappointed and it just feels soulless and hollow. I hatch special eyes all the time but I feel no joy whatsoever in it it just makes me feel all the worse. I just want to turn it off and be able to use the site like it was before the eye update. Breeding and hatching eggs knowing I could get beautiful hatchling with eyes that are all randomized is such a devastating feeling and it doesn’t feel special..

I would have rather not had new eye types at all had I known beforehand.

And I actually can’t bring myself to stick around thanks to the eye update so as soon as I finish my current projects I’ll be going on a long term hiatus.
Anyways

It was a cool update until I read the announcement and found out the scattersights retired in three days. It completely ruined my experience and I’ve come to hate breeding more and more. The longer I’ve been on site the more I want to take random dragons and completely revitalize them but eyes are the one thing that really makes a difference and I just can’t change them. Well I can but the unnatural eye types wouldn’t look good...

Each and every nest I’ve hatched for like a year now makes me extremely disappointed and it just feels soulless and hollow. I hatch special eyes all the time but I feel no joy whatsoever in it it just makes me feel all the worse. I just want to turn it off and be able to use the site like it was before the eye update. Breeding and hatching eggs knowing I could get beautiful hatchling with eyes that are all randomized is such a devastating feeling and it doesn’t feel special..

I would have rather not had new eye types at all had I known beforehand.

And I actually can’t bring myself to stick around thanks to the eye update so as soon as I finish my current projects I’ll be going on a long term hiatus.
4xTBSTZ.png
Everyone is so angry today lol

Honestly I don't understand why people are bringing this up after 3 years. I thought it was really cool and I liked the idea. I admit the novelty wore off when I found out just how rare getting each type would be with the scatterscrolls. But it doesn't really affect how I play so,, I don't care that much. Tbh it helps my wallet when I sell a dragon with primal or any of the other special eyes, because they're rare to hatch.

This can just be summed up to good idea, poor implementation.
Everyone is so angry today lol

Honestly I don't understand why people are bringing this up after 3 years. I thought it was really cool and I liked the idea. I admit the novelty wore off when I found out just how rare getting each type would be with the scatterscrolls. But it doesn't really affect how I play so,, I don't care that much. Tbh it helps my wallet when I sell a dragon with primal or any of the other special eyes, because they're rare to hatch.

This can just be summed up to good idea, poor implementation.
tsKE8q5.png 11nVSmV.png

LF Vibrant Dragons

Art Dump!

Tot's Extra Dergs

IlQRgS6.png

Yeah it still sucks lol. New eye colours were a fine idea but I don't understand why they had to change the original eye colour. Light eyes used to be gorgeous- a big reason I chose the flight- now they look mad nasty. Not only did they retroactively alter the eye-colour of every older dragon, but they made it so that the only way you could [b]change[/b] it was with a scroll that was only available for 3 days that gave out a completely random eye type. I missed most of the event, so my old dragons are permanently locked out of that option. Like, at least let us buy a scroll to let us change our dragons back to their original colour, if you absolutely have to change what the default looks like. :/ Old vs New, with colours picked directly from the eye: [img]https://i.imgur.com/V17niIF.png[/img]
Yeah it still sucks lol. New eye colours were a fine idea but I don't understand why they had to change the original eye colour. Light eyes used to be gorgeous- a big reason I chose the flight- now they look mad nasty. Not only did they retroactively alter the eye-colour of every older dragon, but they made it so that the only way you could change it was with a scroll that was only available for 3 days that gave out a completely random eye type. I missed most of the event, so my old dragons are permanently locked out of that option. Like, at least let us buy a scroll to let us change our dragons back to their original colour, if you absolutely have to change what the default looks like. :/

Old vs New, with colours picked directly from the eye:

V17niIF.png
I absolutely love the eye update. The only thing I hate about it is that scattersights are retired for some reason
I absolutely love the eye update. The only thing I hate about it is that scattersights are retired for some reason
BuDq0ZK.gif
My opinion cannot be voiced earnestly in polite company
My opinion cannot be voiced earnestly in polite company
sBdLZtA.png
Still displeased. I've been here for nearly 8 years, and wasn't expecting to be left out of most of the fun like that along with all other long-time players who feel similar to me.

I don't really care much for breeding, I toss dragons on to nests every now and then for free fodder or dragons to give away, and the eye update didn't change that - so because of that I don't get to meaningfully interact with 50% of the feature.
Still displeased. I've been here for nearly 8 years, and wasn't expecting to be left out of most of the fun like that along with all other long-time players who feel similar to me.

I don't really care much for breeding, I toss dragons on to nests every now and then for free fodder or dragons to give away, and the eye update didn't change that - so because of that I don't get to meaningfully interact with 50% of the feature.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
I quite enjoyed the eye update, except the part where I think Scattersights were a mistake, and should never have existed. Natural eyes were meant to be by breeding/hatching only, and so they should have only ever been so. It would have avoided this whole issue if it was never available to other dragons.

Instead I think there should have been an equal amount of unnatural eye types that are a kind of equivalent to the others at the same time.

But of course what was meant to be a small gift for the occasion lead to the expectation that every other dragon should just get breeding eye types not by doing so, and here we are.
I quite enjoyed the eye update, except the part where I think Scattersights were a mistake, and should never have existed. Natural eyes were meant to be by breeding/hatching only, and so they should have only ever been so. It would have avoided this whole issue if it was never available to other dragons.

Instead I think there should have been an equal amount of unnatural eye types that are a kind of equivalent to the others at the same time.

But of course what was meant to be a small gift for the occasion lead to the expectation that every other dragon should just get breeding eye types not by doing so, and here we are.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="MistFury0" date="2021-03-05 13:06:14" ] I’m still upset and I can’t even turn it off or opt out. I could waste years of my life one one eye type only for a better one to come out the next day and I’d have to start over again. It’s not fair to g1 collectors, oldie lovers, or dragons who just aren’t special enough to be born with it. People with phobias can’t opt out. Can’t be avoided unless you don’t hatch at all. It would have been great but it’s not. It sucks. [/quote] [Item=vial of tempered sight] If you hate unwanted surprises that much.
MistFury0 wrote on 2021-03-05 13:06:14:
I’m still upset and I can’t even turn it off or opt out.

I could waste years of my life one one eye type only for a better one to come out the next day and I’d have to start over again.

It’s not fair to g1 collectors, oldie lovers, or dragons who just aren’t special enough to be born with it.

People with phobias can’t opt out. Can’t be avoided unless you don’t hatch at all.

It would have been great but it’s not. It sucks.
Vial of Tempered Sight
If you hate unwanted surprises that much.
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
[quote name="Reilata" date="2021-03-05 13:45:38" ] I quite enjoyed the eye update, except the part where I think Scattersights were a mistake, and should never have existed. Natural eyes were meant to be by breeding/hatching only, and so they should have only ever been so. It would have avoided this whole issue if it was never available to other dragons. Instead I think there should have been an equal amount of unnatural eye types that are a kind of equivalent to the others at the same time. But of course what was meant to be a small gift for the occasion lead to the expectation that every other dragon should just get breeding eye types not by doing so, and here we are. [/quote] Man I wish I could be this wrong so confidently
Reilata wrote on 2021-03-05 13:45:38:

Man I wish I could be this wrong so confidently
sBdLZtA.png
It pretty much caused me and my sister to leave the site lol. I like the concept of eyes, just not the fact that scattersights were permanently retired.
It pretty much caused me and my sister to leave the site lol. I like the concept of eyes, just not the fact that scattersights were permanently retired.
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11