Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is your opinion on the eye update?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I like it, and I never disliked it, but I'll admit, it would be nice if scattersights weren't retired. But, you can't change the past. It is what it is. The eye update is unfortunately going to be a sour day in the eyes of most people.
I like it, and I never disliked it, but I'll admit, it would be nice if scattersights weren't retired. But, you can't change the past. It is what it is. The eye update is unfortunately going to be a sour day in the eyes of most people.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I like it, It gives me more incentive to breed and something to work towards.
I don't understand why people keep asking for the vials to be un-retired though, they outright did not include Goat eyes as part of the pool of natural eye types in the item, so that just confirms it harder of being permanently eliminated.
I like it, It gives me more incentive to breed and something to work towards.
I don't understand why people keep asking for the vials to be un-retired though, they outright did not include Goat eyes as part of the pool of natural eye types in the item, so that just confirms it harder of being permanently eliminated.
A1R5LmJ.png zxIefB3.png
[quote name="MistFury0" date="2021-03-05 13:06:14" ] I’m still upset and I can’t even turn it off or opt out. I could waste years of my life one one eye type only for a better one to come out the next day and I’d have to start over again. It’s not fair to g1 collectors, oldie lovers, or dragons who just aren’t special enough to be born with it. People with phobias can’t opt out. Can’t be avoided unless you don’t hatch at all. It would have been great but it’s not. It sucks. [/quote] bro i'm sorry but can you stop making the eye update your whole personality
MistFury0 wrote on 2021-03-05 13:06:14:
I’m still upset and I can’t even turn it off or opt out.

I could waste years of my life one one eye type only for a better one to come out the next day and I’d have to start over again.

It’s not fair to g1 collectors, oldie lovers, or dragons who just aren’t special enough to be born with it.

People with phobias can’t opt out. Can’t be avoided unless you don’t hatch at all.

It would have been great but it’s not. It sucks.

bro i'm sorry but can you stop making the eye update your whole personality
FMoJ9vk.png
mTAp2ld.png
5BsilZ9.png
ThousandSunny pretty much summed up all my thoughts on the eye types [quote name="ThousandSunny" date="2021-03-05 14:05:16" ] Super extremely unpopular opinion incoming: I loved the update. I love all the eyes. I think it's so much fun. Adds another element of surprise to those unhatched eggs I love hatching so much. I don't mind that I can't give Primal or what not to my older dragons. I gave them all one scattersight each. Most ended up with Uncommon eyes, but I was okay with that! I always thought it was part of the lore that the new dragons/hatchlings were the ones being effected by the different eyes. Wouldn't really make sense for all the older dragons to have them as well. That being said, I am sorry to everyone who did want a way to apply specific eyes to their older dragons. Or those who just wish scattersights weren't so limited. I am perfected okay with the eyes being completely random, but I know I'm in the minority here. That's why I think it would maybe help a little with all the anger if scattersights were at least released every so often? Not just completed retired for good? Cycle them in and out like the Wildclaw scrolls, maybe? Or have them available during the anniversary each year? [/quote] I love them. I love the randomness. I do hope they unretire scattersights, and I wouldn't mind if the breedable eye types (common, uncommon, unusual, rare, and primal) did not have corresponding scrolls, as long as scattersights became available.
ThousandSunny pretty much summed up all my thoughts on the eye types
ThousandSunny wrote on 2021-03-05 14:05:16:
Super extremely unpopular opinion incoming:

I loved the update.
I love all the eyes.
I think it's so much fun. Adds another element of surprise to those unhatched eggs I love hatching so much.
I don't mind that I can't give Primal or what not to my older dragons.
I gave them all one scattersight each.
Most ended up with Uncommon eyes, but I was okay with that!
I always thought it was part of the lore that the new dragons/hatchlings were the ones being effected by the different eyes.
Wouldn't really make sense for all the older dragons to have them as well.

That being said, I am sorry to everyone who did want a way to apply specific eyes to their older dragons. Or those who just wish scattersights weren't so limited.
I am perfected okay with the eyes being completely random, but I know I'm in the minority here.
That's why I think it would maybe help a little with all the anger if scattersights were at least released every so often?
Not just completed retired for good?
Cycle them in and out like the Wildclaw scrolls, maybe?
Or have them available during the anniversary each year?

I love them. I love the randomness.
I do hope they unretire scattersights, and I wouldn't mind if the breedable eye types (common, uncommon, unusual, rare, and primal) did not have corresponding scrolls, as long as scattersights became available.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
As a very old member (joined in 2013) who was on hiatus at the time of the event, I hate it. Lol.

They really need to introduce an item that changes eyes to the gem or treasure MP, Baldwin’s, or Swipp’s. The vast majority of my dragons are on the older side. ~2014-15, and I don’t want to replace them because of IDs, nostalgia, etc. I bought four scatter vials in an effort to get certain eyes and got unusual all four times on the same dragon.

Retiring the scatter vials was a very, VERY bad idea and a slap in the face to older users and those who collect older dragons/low IDs, etc. They can still fix it by releasing an alternative item, perhaps scaling in expense with the rarity of the eyes, but the dead silence on the topic implies they have no interest in amending the error. I work in public relations & communications and this has been approached very poorly from a professional perspective.

I love the eyes themselves. Just hate the strategies employed to put them on the site.
As a very old member (joined in 2013) who was on hiatus at the time of the event, I hate it. Lol.

They really need to introduce an item that changes eyes to the gem or treasure MP, Baldwin’s, or Swipp’s. The vast majority of my dragons are on the older side. ~2014-15, and I don’t want to replace them because of IDs, nostalgia, etc. I bought four scatter vials in an effort to get certain eyes and got unusual all four times on the same dragon.

Retiring the scatter vials was a very, VERY bad idea and a slap in the face to older users and those who collect older dragons/low IDs, etc. They can still fix it by releasing an alternative item, perhaps scaling in expense with the rarity of the eyes, but the dead silence on the topic implies they have no interest in amending the error. I work in public relations & communications and this has been approached very poorly from a professional perspective.

I love the eyes themselves. Just hate the strategies employed to put them on the site.
[quote name="TheSunTheGodsSaw" date="2021-03-05 13:41:36" ] I absolutely love the eye update. The only thing I hate about it is that scattersights are retired for some reason [/quote] basically how i feel about it. i don't mind the new eyes at all, but retiring the scattersights was... not the greatest move ^^;
TheSunTheGodsSaw wrote on 2021-03-05 13:41:36:
I absolutely love the eye update. The only thing I hate about it is that scattersights are retired for some reason
basically how i feel about it. i don't mind the new eyes at all, but retiring the scattersights was... not the greatest move ^^;
I joined after the eye update and I love all the different eye types design-wise! What I don't love is the inability to give already-born dragons a different eye type. I don't see any reason not to have vials for uncommon, unusual, and rare, if not vials for all eye types.
I joined after the eye update and I love all the different eye types design-wise! What I don't love is the inability to give already-born dragons a different eye type. I don't see any reason not to have vials for uncommon, unusual, and rare, if not vials for all eye types.
!! signature under construction !!
I'll put it simply, although you probably know how much I talk so it most likely won't be that short (keeping the intro short I already failed): As a feature, it is great. Just as a general feature in which we get more eye types on dragons - it's great, however when it comes to availability, it is a problem. Availability is the only thing that people have a problem with and it occurs in many different instances, some of which have been tackled by now. I personally absolutely adore the eye types and I love their little colours, even if it's just a few pixels, I can still see them and appreciate them. I play around in the Scrying Workshop and I have an entire list of all dragon attributes my permas have and a list of eyes I need (all of them, lmao). Basically, the feature itself is fantastic, it's just that the implementation of it wasn't and still isn't favourable for a lot of players. Would I remove anything about the feature? No, nothing needs to be removed as it works as intended BUT I firmly believe it deserves to be expanded, and that does include more eye types HAHAHA. The site suffers from all sorts of availability issues, from internal parts such as structure that was changed to mobile users had better accessibility, over retired items which was tackled by introducing Roundsey, all the way to the eyes. All you need to do to see the missing parts of the eye feature is to use logic, it's really simple. It introduced an amazing feature, but at a cost and the cost is: a) the lack of availability to all dragons that were created prior to the update b) disregard for different play styles and collections c) disregard for older players who have old dragons d) all newer players who got on after the 3-day window never had the ability to obtain Scattersights e) eye colours were severely altered without asking the players (while it is important to maintain consistency which is why updating the eyes is completely justified, some "new-old" eye types would fix said issue) All in all, yelling into the wind won't do much so, please, if someone here has an idea or a complaint, run into the Suggestions Forums right away! Trust me, it is a great place to voice your concern, you don't have to follow the thread or read any replies, just PLEASE keep in mind to keep things objective and constructive. This also stands for anyone replying. In case you'd like to reference some older threads, here is the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2459186]original thread[/url] and the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2685458]ongoing thread[/url], and here are some points on how to give constructive criticism and form suggestions: [list][*]list pros first [*]focus on pointing out errors, bugs and coding slip-ups [*]respectfully and possibly extensively explain what you think is flawed [*]provide ideas on how it could fix the potential flaw and improve the concept of the product [*]compare the supposed flaw to your own interpretation [*]analyse other existing resources and compare them to the product [*]if applicable, create your own visual interpretation [*]if applicable, use references to convey the specific point you are trying to make [*]avoid any personal opinions on aesthetics - a personal opinion is not universal [*]avoid any negative tones or attitudes [*]avoid insults or passive aggression [*]make the text accessible and/or easily readable [/LIST]
I'll put it simply, although you probably know how much I talk so it most likely won't be that short (keeping the intro short I already failed):

As a feature, it is great. Just as a general feature in which we get more eye types on dragons - it's great, however when it comes to availability, it is a problem. Availability is the only thing that people have a problem with and it occurs in many different instances, some of which have been tackled by now. I personally absolutely adore the eye types and I love their little colours, even if it's just a few pixels, I can still see them and appreciate them. I play around in the Scrying Workshop and I have an entire list of all dragon attributes my permas have and a list of eyes I need (all of them, lmao).

Basically, the feature itself is fantastic, it's just that the implementation of it wasn't and still isn't favourable for a lot of players. Would I remove anything about the feature? No, nothing needs to be removed as it works as intended BUT I firmly believe it deserves to be expanded, and that does include more eye types HAHAHA. The site suffers from all sorts of availability issues, from internal parts such as structure that was changed to mobile users had better accessibility, over retired items which was tackled by introducing Roundsey, all the way to the eyes. All you need to do to see the missing parts of the eye feature is to use logic, it's really simple. It introduced an amazing feature, but at a cost and the cost is: a) the lack of availability to all dragons that were created prior to the update b) disregard for different play styles and collections c) disregard for older players who have old dragons d) all newer players who got on after the 3-day window never had the ability to obtain Scattersights e) eye colours were severely altered without asking the players (while it is important to maintain consistency which is why updating the eyes is completely justified, some "new-old" eye types would fix said issue)

All in all, yelling into the wind won't do much so, please, if someone here has an idea or a complaint, run into the Suggestions Forums right away! Trust me, it is a great place to voice your concern, you don't have to follow the thread or read any replies, just PLEASE keep in mind to keep things objective and constructive. This also stands for anyone replying. In case you'd like to reference some older threads, here is the original thread and the ongoing thread, and here are some points on how to give constructive criticism and form suggestions:
  • list pros first
  • focus on pointing out errors, bugs and coding slip-ups
  • respectfully and possibly extensively explain what you think is flawed
  • provide ideas on how it could fix the potential flaw and improve the concept of the product
  • compare the supposed flaw to your own interpretation
  • analyse other existing resources and compare them to the product
  • if applicable, create your own visual interpretation
  • if applicable, use references to convey the specific point you are trying to make
  • avoid any personal opinions on aesthetics - a personal opinion is not universal
  • avoid any negative tones or attitudes
  • avoid insults or passive aggression
  • make the text accessible and/or easily readable
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Still bitter.
I had 200 dragons when the eye update was released. Such a kick in the face to anyone who collects ID numbers and older dragons.

Here have this great new thing! Only new players/dragons can use it!

Oh, you wanted it too? Ok, *clicks stopwatch* you have two days.
Aren't we generous? *maniacal laughter*
Still bitter.
I had 200 dragons when the eye update was released. Such a kick in the face to anyone who collects ID numbers and older dragons.

Here have this great new thing! Only new players/dragons can use it!

Oh, you wanted it too? Ok, *clicks stopwatch* you have two days.
Aren't we generous? *maniacal laughter*
Y3kY2LN.png
[color=indigo] Don't like it, for a ton of reasons. My 2 year long breeding project that I haven't had any success with, the fact that I might need to change flights in the future for another breeding project (since I don't like the unsupported transaction that is nest rentals), the fact that any dragon before the update is effectively locked out unless you want to deal with a limited item with horrible odds, etc. I really hope something gets done about it. Because for now, eyes are wasted potential (seriously they could have been so cool, the actual art behind them is awesome!) and are actively making players angry and disappointed. The fact that it keeps coming back 3 years after it happened is telling, because new players are getting affected by it too. Also I wish that people wouldn't come into threads like this to flame people who didn't like the update. If you like the update and want to argue in favour of it that's cool, but leave the salty people alone. [emoji=special eyes size=1]
Don't like it, for a ton of reasons. My 2 year long breeding project that I haven't had any success with, the fact that I might need to change flights in the future for another breeding project (since I don't like the unsupported transaction that is nest rentals), the fact that any dragon before the update is effectively locked out unless you want to deal with a limited item with horrible odds, etc.

I really hope something gets done about it. Because for now, eyes are wasted potential (seriously they could have been so cool, the actual art behind them is awesome!) and are actively making players angry and disappointed. The fact that it keeps coming back 3 years after it happened is telling, because new players are getting affected by it too.

Also I wish that people wouldn't come into threads like this to flame people who didn't like the update. If you like the update and want to argue in favour of it that's cool, but leave the salty people alone.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11