Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is your opinion on the eye update?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Neutral.

I personally love the concept of the eyes. I love the art for Shadow and Ice primals, love multigaze and goat, and I like how they are random chances with breeding. What I don't like about the update though, is that it goes against the mentality the site seems to foster.

If you can dream a dragon, you can make it but after the eye update, you can't. There is no way to influence eye types onto dragons except for the small few meaning that breeding projects take ages and those who enjoy g1s have to spend both arms and legs for dream dragons. And what if you have 70+ perma dragons whose eyes got randomly changed so now you wan to scattersight them? None of this wouldn't be an issue if scattersights continued to exist on site. I was not here for the eye update so I don't have any so I have no way to obtain this item. And since they aren't a seasonal item, once they're out on the AH, that's it. No more scattersights. They existed on site for a mere two days before being retired forever. That's not enough time and there's no reason they cannot exist in the gem marketplace permanently. Or even in Baldwin as a brewable item.

The max level for Baldwin was just expanded to level 27 but no no recipes for level 26 or 27 were added. This means that grinding for max level is useless since you don't get anything from it. So why not put multigaze or primal eyes there? People will be able to grind for the vials and finish their projects, the rare eye types become buyable, and dark sclera is already there so why not add more?

I really do like the eye update but, it's just not enjoyable to sit and breed for one of the rare eye types for longer than needed just because the only way to obtain the eyes I need is gone forever.
Neutral.

I personally love the concept of the eyes. I love the art for Shadow and Ice primals, love multigaze and goat, and I like how they are random chances with breeding. What I don't like about the update though, is that it goes against the mentality the site seems to foster.

If you can dream a dragon, you can make it but after the eye update, you can't. There is no way to influence eye types onto dragons except for the small few meaning that breeding projects take ages and those who enjoy g1s have to spend both arms and legs for dream dragons. And what if you have 70+ perma dragons whose eyes got randomly changed so now you wan to scattersight them? None of this wouldn't be an issue if scattersights continued to exist on site. I was not here for the eye update so I don't have any so I have no way to obtain this item. And since they aren't a seasonal item, once they're out on the AH, that's it. No more scattersights. They existed on site for a mere two days before being retired forever. That's not enough time and there's no reason they cannot exist in the gem marketplace permanently. Or even in Baldwin as a brewable item.

The max level for Baldwin was just expanded to level 27 but no no recipes for level 26 or 27 were added. This means that grinding for max level is useless since you don't get anything from it. So why not put multigaze or primal eyes there? People will be able to grind for the vials and finish their projects, the rare eye types become buyable, and dark sclera is already there so why not add more?

I really do like the eye update but, it's just not enjoyable to sit and breed for one of the rare eye types for longer than needed just because the only way to obtain the eyes I need is gone forever.
daom3l7-a0e9d769-2c15-438e-b477-777b75bab85b.gif
When the update first came out, I had mixed feelings on it. Not that I didn't like the new eye types but it such a big change with no notice. Looking back, I feel it might have gone over better if it weren't a surprise and people had been able to give feedback on it. Now, though I like the eyes. You can make some cool looking dragons with them.

The one thing I don’t like about the update is the way scattersights were handled. They dropped so infrequently and the coli was so laggy during that time period because people were panic grinding for the vials. It was very reminiscent of early notn. The difference being notn happens yearly. As far as we know, scattersights are not coming back at all.
When the update first came out, I had mixed feelings on it. Not that I didn't like the new eye types but it such a big change with no notice. Looking back, I feel it might have gone over better if it weren't a surprise and people had been able to give feedback on it. Now, though I like the eyes. You can make some cool looking dragons with them.

The one thing I don’t like about the update is the way scattersights were handled. They dropped so infrequently and the coli was so laggy during that time period because people were panic grinding for the vials. It was very reminiscent of early notn. The difference being notn happens yearly. As far as we know, scattersights are not coming back at all.
3sKaKGc.png
gray » fr+3 » flight traveler
I love the eye mechanic, but I really dislike the fact Scattersight were retired.

Personally, I feel it would sting a lot less if we had better options. There are artificial eyes we can apply "on demand", like Swirl and Dark Sclera, but they're all barely visible on most breeds. Even Glowing, though noticeable, doesn't had a lot to the dragon when compared to Primal. Primal and Multigaze can completely change the look of a dragon, and at the moment, there is no Artificial Eye Type than can do the same.
I love the eye mechanic, but I really dislike the fact Scattersight were retired.

Personally, I feel it would sting a lot less if we had better options. There are artificial eyes we can apply "on demand", like Swirl and Dark Sclera, but they're all barely visible on most breeds. Even Glowing, though noticeable, doesn't had a lot to the dragon when compared to Primal. Primal and Multigaze can completely change the look of a dragon, and at the moment, there is no Artificial Eye Type than can do the same.
11501862_EwWdTdj8nqB6gLK.gif
Great idea, Terrible execution. I love the rng based hatchings, but the scattersights should have never been retired. The fact that all previously created dragons prior to the update were even meant to be locked out of access to the eyes was such an astronomically bad idea that I have no idea why it was even thought of.

It's been three years. It's about time something got fixed.
Great idea, Terrible execution. I love the rng based hatchings, but the scattersights should have never been retired. The fact that all previously created dragons prior to the update were even meant to be locked out of access to the eyes was such an astronomically bad idea that I have no idea why it was even thought of.

It's been three years. It's about time something got fixed.
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
I love the various eye types and the lore. And as a breeder, it makes each nest exciting. Example, one of my out of Flight projects actually resulted in a Primal, which I still have. Plus, it was the host's first Primal hatch ever, so double the excitement.

Now for an unpopular opinion. I want the Breeding only eye types to stay breeding only, or at least until we can somehow reliably get Gen 1 Imperials. People who dislike not being able to customize their favored dragons eye types now know the pain of not being able to customize to a favored breed, at least not without selling your soul first. Locked customization options are not good no matter what.
I love the various eye types and the lore. And as a breeder, it makes each nest exciting. Example, one of my out of Flight projects actually resulted in a Primal, which I still have. Plus, it was the host's first Primal hatch ever, so double the excitement.

Now for an unpopular opinion. I want the Breeding only eye types to stay breeding only, or at least until we can somehow reliably get Gen 1 Imperials. People who dislike not being able to customize their favored dragons eye types now know the pain of not being able to customize to a favored breed, at least not without selling your soul first. Locked customization options are not good no matter what.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
[quote name="TheWhiteTigerGod" date="2021-03-06 16:37:04" ] I love the various eye types and the lore. And as a breeder, it makes each nest exciting. Example, one of my out of Flight projects actually resulted in a Primal, which I still have. Plus, it was the host's first Primal hatch ever, so double the excitement. Now for an unpopular opinion. I want the Breeding only eye types to stay breeding only, or at least until we can somehow reliably get Gen 1 Imperials. People who dislike not being able to customize their favored dragons eye types now know the pain of not being able to customize to a favored breed, at least not without selling your soul first. Locked customization options are not good no matter what. [/quote] Not G1s, because of the kickstarter (which is a different discussion) but... you can reliably get an imperial.? If I breed two imperials I will get Imperial hatchlings. If I breed two primals I will not (statistically) get primal hatchlings. I also profoundly dislike the idea of "I have no way to get G1 imps so everyone else has to suffer too." The thought process that locked customizations are not good no matter what, therefore we shouldn't unlock any unless we're going to unlock all of them is legitimately confusing to me.
TheWhiteTigerGod wrote on 2021-03-06 16:37:04:

Not G1s, because of the kickstarter (which is a different discussion) but... you can reliably get an imperial.? If I breed two imperials I will get Imperial hatchlings. If I breed two primals I will not (statistically) get primal hatchlings. I also profoundly dislike the idea of "I have no way to get G1 imps so everyone else has to suffer too." The thought process that locked customizations are not good no matter what, therefore we shouldn't unlock any unless we're going to unlock all of them is legitimately confusing to me.
wq9PoXA.png
Glowing would be 10000x more popular if it was random instead a the market place item.
Glowing would be 10000x more popular if it was random instead a the market place item.
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-03-06 16:59:19" ] [quote name="TheWhiteTigerGod" date="2021-03-06 16:37:04" ] I love the various eye types and the lore. And as a breeder, it makes each nest exciting. Example, one of my out of Flight projects actually resulted in a Primal, which I still have. Plus, it was the host's first Primal hatch ever, so double the excitement. Now for an unpopular opinion. I want the Breeding only eye types to stay breeding only, or at least until we can somehow reliably get Gen 1 Imperials. People who dislike not being able to customize their favored dragons eye types now know the pain of not being able to customize to a favored breed, at least not without selling your soul first. Locked customization options are not good no matter what. [/quote] Not G1s, because of the kickstarter (which is a different discussion) but... you can reliably get an imperial.? If I breed two imperials I will get Imperial hatchlings. If I breed two primals I will not (statistically) get primal hatchlings. I also profoundly dislike the idea of "I have no way to get G1 imps so everyone else has to suffer too." The thought process that locked customizations are not good no matter what, therefore we shouldn't unlock any unless we're going to unlock all of them is legitimately confusing to me. [/quote] Pretty much this. This is like the suggestion that was made yesterday or the day before about 'well we have the eyes and I hate them, so why not have genes and breeds act like the eyes, with breeding only genes/breeds'. Imperials were a mistake to lock behind KS. But, they were. It very well could open FR up to legal trouble to try to find a loophole (not specifically from KS itself, but if any of the backers decide FR 'broke the contract' they could potentially seek legal action), and that isn't something I want to see. However, just because Imperials were a mistake, and there doesn't seem to be any way to 'fix' that mistake, doesn't mean that making another mistake, and then doubling down on that mistake with, as BlueJaysFeather said, 'I can't have a gen1 imperial, so the *second* mistake can't be fixed without fixing the first' is logical or a good line of thought. (or good for a business in general).
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-03-06 16:59:19:
TheWhiteTigerGod wrote on 2021-03-06 16:37:04:

Not G1s, because of the kickstarter (which is a different discussion) but... you can reliably get an imperial.? If I breed two imperials I will get Imperial hatchlings. If I breed two primals I will not (statistically) get primal hatchlings. I also profoundly dislike the idea of "I have no way to get G1 imps so everyone else has to suffer too." The thought process that locked customizations are not good no matter what, therefore we shouldn't unlock any unless we're going to unlock all of them is legitimately confusing to me.
Pretty much this.

This is like the suggestion that was made yesterday or the day before about 'well we have the eyes and I hate them, so why not have genes and breeds act like the eyes, with breeding only genes/breeds'.

Imperials were a mistake to lock behind KS. But, they were. It very well could open FR up to legal trouble to try to find a loophole (not specifically from KS itself, but if any of the backers decide FR 'broke the contract' they could potentially seek legal action), and that isn't something I want to see.

However, just because Imperials were a mistake, and there doesn't seem to be any way to 'fix' that mistake, doesn't mean that making another mistake, and then doubling down on that mistake with, as BlueJaysFeather said, 'I can't have a gen1 imperial, so the *second* mistake can't be fixed without fixing the first' is logical or a good line of thought. (or good for a business in general).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-03-06 18:09:32" ] However, just because Imperials were a mistake, and there doesn't seem to be any way to 'fix' that mistake, doesn't mean that making another mistake, and then doubling down on that mistake with, as BlueJaysFeather said, 'I can't have a gen1 imperial, so the *second* mistake can't be fixed without fixing the first' is logical or a good line of thought. (or good for a business in general). [/quote] ... Wait... Could this be why the Lightweaver has admitted that Imperials are a mistake?? Are devs venting through Lore?? e.o
Jemadar wrote on 2021-03-06 18:09:32:
However, just because Imperials were a mistake, and there doesn't seem to be any way to 'fix' that mistake, doesn't mean that making another mistake, and then doubling down on that mistake with, as BlueJaysFeather said, 'I can't have a gen1 imperial, so the *second* mistake can't be fixed without fixing the first' is logical or a good line of thought. (or good for a business in general).

Wait...

Could this be why the Lightweaver has admitted that Imperials are a mistake??

Are devs venting through Lore?? e.o
2A6X4Q7.png
god was it three years ago?

I was super neutral to it then, and i'm neutral to annoyed by it now. I am a plague lair, and i breed plague dragons, and my aesthetic is mostly pinks and blues and pretty dragons, so when I get a primal it's a huge disappointment.

I will never move because my lore is here, but i hate my primal so much. I love the gross/survival plague aspects but it didn't really impact my lair too much until the eyes came out. now it's just a once or twice a year annoyance at best.
god was it three years ago?

I was super neutral to it then, and i'm neutral to annoyed by it now. I am a plague lair, and i breed plague dragons, and my aesthetic is mostly pinks and blues and pretty dragons, so when I get a primal it's a huge disappointment.

I will never move because my lore is here, but i hate my primal so much. I love the gross/survival plague aspects but it didn't really impact my lair too much until the eyes came out. now it's just a once or twice a year annoyance at best.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11