Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MAP][ART] The Behemoth IS the Labyrinth
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22
And with that...I'm done with the map! Mostly. One other thing will be happening, and it's hopefully kind of neat. We'll see :D

Thanks for joining in, y'all <3
And with that...I'm done with the map! Mostly. One other thing will be happening, and it's hopefully kind of neat. We'll see :D

Thanks for joining in, y'all <3
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="@mangoe01" date="2021-05-18 07:03:09" ] [quote name="@MirageTheShadow" date="2021-05-18 04:08:03" ] Ooh I've got an idea! A set route that merchants use to trade with other flights, kinda like the Silk Road here on Earth! It's a complex mapped out series of tunnels, the routes passed down through generations of travelling markets. [/quote] OMG that's an awesome idea! This thread is making me want to move to nature...I still have that free flight change... [/quote] Oh my gosh I ADORE this. The notion of trade route "genealogy"...I wonder if merchants get into fights about their routes? Try to steal shortcuts? Lead one another astray in the maze??? So much fun stuff is possible, great idea! Also, Mangoe, I second Nelsothy, never a better time for a Flight change than a fest ;) @Etawaha Thank you, I agree 100%! One of the things I've enjoyed most on the thread is seeing how much support their is for eldritch nature. Like, I knew lowkey folks were in for it, but holy moley it's great to see!
@mangoe01 wrote on 2021-05-18 07:03:09:
@MirageTheShadow wrote on 2021-05-18 04:08:03:
Ooh I've got an idea! A set route that merchants use to trade with other flights, kinda like the Silk Road here on Earth! It's a complex mapped out series of tunnels, the routes passed down through generations of travelling markets.
OMG that's an awesome idea! This thread is making me want to move to nature...I still have that free flight change...

Oh my gosh I ADORE this. The notion of trade route "genealogy"...I wonder if merchants get into fights about their routes? Try to steal shortcuts? Lead one another astray in the maze??? So much fun stuff is possible, great idea!

Also, Mangoe, I second Nelsothy, never a better time for a Flight change than a fest ;)

@Etawaha Thank you, I agree 100%! One of the things I've enjoyed most on the thread is seeing how much support their is for eldritch nature. Like, I knew lowkey folks were in for it, but holy moley it's great to see!
cL9yafY.gif
Happy Blood Flower Moon Eclipse, my fellow Eldritch Nature fans!

Still working on my lore rip but my shadow/nature partnership Hatchery is up yay

Still working on my lore rip but my shadow/nature partnership Hatchery is up yay
14270413a3d6e9dfbad566d875b02b7c3376219c.pngblhNXG3.pngBadgeVale.png
[quote name="Brokiloen" date="2021-05-26 07:40:34" ] Happy Blood Flower Moon Eclipse, my fellow Eldritch Nature fans! Still working on my lore rip but my shadow/nature partnership Hatchery is up yay [/quote] Yeah! Happy Blood Flower Eclipse! In fact I have a beauty derg named Eclipse who I bought a few days ago, perfect timing!
Brokiloen wrote on 2021-05-26 07:40:34:

Yeah! Happy Blood Flower Eclipse! In fact I have a beauty derg named Eclipse who I bought a few days ago, perfect timing!
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
*CONFUSED LIGHTNING NOISES*
*CONFUSED LIGHTNING NOISES*
AND-GOD-SAID.png
this is tempting me to take a vacation in nature... i have SO many goosebumps reading through this thread

it's a good thing nature is mostly surrounded by water... i wonder if those massive roots ever cause quakes in neighboring flights?

i also wonder if nature's next species will look more arboreal? wildclaws' bipedal legs and clunky claws seem too clumsy to me to imagine them living inside and atop trees very comfortably

anyways nature is DEFINITELY a dark and spooky shifting above-and-underground maze... makes sense you're neighbors with shadow!
this is tempting me to take a vacation in nature... i have SO many goosebumps reading through this thread

it's a good thing nature is mostly surrounded by water... i wonder if those massive roots ever cause quakes in neighboring flights?

i also wonder if nature's next species will look more arboreal? wildclaws' bipedal legs and clunky claws seem too clumsy to me to imagine them living inside and atop trees very comfortably

anyways nature is DEFINITELY a dark and spooky shifting above-and-underground maze... makes sense you're neighbors with shadow!
CYT4VFx.png
Heyo people, so happy to see more posts on the thread! <3 No time to respond right now, just wanted to bop in to say that the writeups have been edited, polished, and stitched together into a lorebook wiki entry.

Also, if you have a rootbed clan/any related lore, I would LOVE to see it! Thanks all as always, hopefully I can swing back in a lil bit to look at posts propers
Heyo people, so happy to see more posts on the thread! <3 No time to respond right now, just wanted to bop in to say that the writeups have been edited, polished, and stitched together into a lorebook wiki entry.

Also, if you have a rootbed clan/any related lore, I would LOVE to see it! Thanks all as always, hopefully I can swing back in a lil bit to look at posts propers
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="@Nelsothy" date="2021-05-18 09:06:34" ] [quote name="@Snek" date="2021-05-18 02:47:59" ] This was a wonderful thread to read. I wish there was something like this really digging into all the ignored potential for Earth. Thank you so much for having made this content, and thanks to everyone else for contributing additional stuff. [/quote] Listen, if someone were to start such a thread, I would ABSOLUTELY get in there and help brainstorm- Earth seems like it could have some really interesting stuff... lurking below the surface [emoji=sunglasses size=1] [/quote] ditto, I just moved from Earth to Wind, I'd love to get involved with underground map lore brainstorming for all Flights! Nature, Shadow, Plague and Earth all have the fungal potential too, the other Flights seem less fungus friendly. When koi tert came out I got a fire subspecies idea, magmarunners - they can travel through the magma tunnels, even perhaps create them. So that's my Fire underground lore start. Ice has site lore mentioning underground already, wardens etc I can tell you in Wind we just have no idea if we have tunnels, we are too busy enjoying the skies! Light, Lightning, Arcane still elude me :)
@Nelsothy wrote on 2021-05-18 09:06:34:
@Snek wrote on 2021-05-18 02:47:59:
This was a wonderful thread to read. I wish there was something like this really digging into all the ignored potential for Earth. Thank you so much for having made this content, and thanks to everyone else for contributing additional stuff.
Listen, if someone were to start such a thread, I would ABSOLUTELY get in there and help brainstorm- Earth seems like it could have some really interesting stuff... lurking below the surface

ditto, I just moved from Earth to Wind, I'd love to get involved with underground map lore brainstorming for all Flights!
Nature, Shadow, Plague and Earth all have the fungal potential too, the other Flights seem less fungus friendly.

When koi tert came out I got a fire subspecies idea, magmarunners - they can travel through the magma tunnels, even perhaps create them. So that's my Fire underground lore start.

Ice has site lore mentioning underground already, wardens etc

I can tell you in Wind we just have no idea if we have tunnels, we are too busy enjoying the skies!

Light, Lightning, Arcane still elude me :)
qDkA25S.png
[quote name="@gn0me" date="2021-05-28 09:38:18" ] [quote name="@Nelsothy" date="2021-05-18 09:06:34" ] [quote name="@Snek" date="2021-05-18 02:47:59" ] This was a wonderful thread to read. I wish there was something like this really digging into all the ignored potential for Earth. Thank you so much for having made this content, and thanks to everyone else for contributing additional stuff. [/quote] Listen, if someone were to start such a thread, I would ABSOLUTELY get in there and help brainstorm- Earth seems like it could have some really interesting stuff... lurking below the surface [emoji=sunglasses size=1] [/quote] ditto, I just moved from Earth to Wind, I'd love to get involved with underground map lore brainstorming for all Flights! Nature, Shadow, Plague and Earth all have the fungal potential too, the other Flights seem less fungus friendly. When koi tert came out I got a fire subspecies idea, magmarunners - they can travel through the magma tunnels, even perhaps create them. So that's my Fire underground lore start. Ice has site lore mentioning underground already, wardens etc I can tell you in Wind we just have no idea if we have tunnels, we are too busy enjoying the skies! Light, Lightning, Arcane still elude me :) [/quote] (in case I didn't respond to you Snek, thank you so much for the kind words! <3) Oh man YES, I am SO here for this. I really wish there was just like...idk, a worldbuilder pinglist or something (if there is I haven't found it :[), there's so many amazing ideas y'all've shared, and I'd love to see it percolating out into the greater community... I never thought of magma tunnels somehow. Oh my gosh yes, magma tunnels sound AMAZING??? And while I know Earth is normally more the one for crystals, I'm still imagining like, geode-like formations "floating" in magma rivers, or trying to make it safely through caves formed from hulking splinters of obsidian... For Arcane, I'm not suer how transparent the crystals are in canon, but I think it'd be neat if some of them were nearly translucent...imagine looking down and the ground's just a glassy "window" into a huge underground space criss-crossed by columns of crystal, many overgrown. Very rough mockup: [img]https://i.imgur.com/5srdAoE.png[/img] Light's prolly HUGE on underground ruins (perhaps the Hewn City itself extends further than we think....), but I'm totally stumped for Lightning. Like, all I can imagine is old lava tubes crammed full of wires and stuff, which is a bit homogeneous. I guess that prolly-going-supercritical reactor of theirs might be causing all sorts of weird stuff to pop in below it and run amok, but my brain goes smooth whenever technology's involved. And I don't think Lightning is canon at the point of "rogue AI" or "nanite swarm", yeah? Guess they could have something like the elder scrolls' dwarven ruins, just a whole underground crammed full of abandoned projects and rusting steampunk. I could see Lightning using their cavern space for Capitalism Landfill Hours, though. Maybe you got some scavenger clans down there.
@gn0me wrote on 2021-05-28 09:38:18:
@Nelsothy wrote on 2021-05-18 09:06:34:
@Snek wrote on 2021-05-18 02:47:59:
This was a wonderful thread to read. I wish there was something like this really digging into all the ignored potential for Earth. Thank you so much for having made this content, and thanks to everyone else for contributing additional stuff.
Listen, if someone were to start such a thread, I would ABSOLUTELY get in there and help brainstorm- Earth seems like it could have some really interesting stuff... lurking below the surface

ditto, I just moved from Earth to Wind, I'd love to get involved with underground map lore brainstorming for all Flights!
Nature, Shadow, Plague and Earth all have the fungal potential too, the other Flights seem less fungus friendly.

When koi tert came out I got a fire subspecies idea, magmarunners - they can travel through the magma tunnels, even perhaps create them. So that's my Fire underground lore start.

Ice has site lore mentioning underground already, wardens etc

I can tell you in Wind we just have no idea if we have tunnels, we are too busy enjoying the skies!

Light, Lightning, Arcane still elude me :)

(in case I didn't respond to you Snek, thank you so much for the kind words! <3)

Oh man YES, I am SO here for this. I really wish there was just like...idk, a worldbuilder pinglist or something (if there is I haven't found it :[), there's so many amazing ideas y'all've shared, and I'd love to see it percolating out into the greater community...

I never thought of magma tunnels somehow. Oh my gosh yes, magma tunnels sound AMAZING??? And while I know Earth is normally more the one for crystals, I'm still imagining like, geode-like formations "floating" in magma rivers, or trying to make it safely through caves formed from hulking splinters of obsidian...

For Arcane, I'm not suer how transparent the crystals are in canon, but I think it'd be neat if some of them were nearly translucent...imagine looking down and the ground's just a glassy "window" into a huge underground space criss-crossed by columns of crystal, many overgrown. Very rough mockup:

5srdAoE.png

Light's prolly HUGE on underground ruins (perhaps the Hewn City itself extends further than we think....), but I'm totally stumped for Lightning. Like, all I can imagine is old lava tubes crammed full of wires and stuff, which is a bit homogeneous. I guess that prolly-going-supercritical reactor of theirs might be causing all sorts of weird stuff to pop in below it and run amok, but my brain goes smooth whenever technology's involved. And I don't think Lightning is canon at the point of "rogue AI" or "nanite swarm", yeah? Guess they could have something like the elder scrolls' dwarven ruins, just a whole underground crammed full of abandoned projects and rusting steampunk. I could see Lightning using their cavern space for Capitalism Landfill Hours, though. Maybe you got some scavenger clans down there.
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="@Oranitha" date="2021-05-28 17:11:05" ] Oh man YES, I am SO here for this. I really wish there was just like...idk, a worldbuilder pinglist or something (if there is I haven't found it :[), there's so many amazing ideas y'all've shared, and I'd love to see it percolating out into the greater community... [/quote] If there isn't let's start one [quote] I never thought of magma tunnels somehow. Oh my gosh yes, magma tunnels sound AMAZING??? And while I know Earth is normally more the one for crystals, I'm still imagining like, geode-like formations "floating" in magma rivers, or trying to make it safely through caves formed from hulking splinters of obsidian... [/quote] Thanks for fleshing out my idea a little more, I love the visuals :) I've collected some ideas here if you're curious, I'd love to add yours in the mix [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2984825#post_2984825][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/d0ti69zj1k3iq9w/firefull.png[/img] [b][i][size=5][color=Orange]Magmarunners[/size][/i][/url][/center] [quote] For Arcane, I'm not suer how transparent the crystals are in canon, but I think it'd be neat if some of them were nearly translucent...imagine looking down and the ground's just a glassy "window" into a huge underground space criss-crossed by columns of crystal, many overgrown. Very rough mockup: [img]https://i.imgur.com/5srdAoE.png[/img][/quote] I'm imagining the crystals growing clear in these sinkholes being stained pink over time as the mana emanating up from Sornieth's arcane pores is captured within their crystalline lattice. 'Ripe' pink crystals are extracted to make space for fresh white crystals to grow and stored somewhere in the landscape . (Yeah all those pink crystals you see around here? Those.... Arcane got some serious power storage going on here - watch out!) [quote] Light's prolly HUGE on underground ruins (perhaps the Hewn City itself extends further than we think....), [/quote] I started in Light. It wouldn't be far fetched to imagine they've wired that Lighthouse in reverse, and instead of it emitting light, it's pumping Light down into tunnels planning to save (take over?) the world that way, bringing Light to the world. (Deity is called Lightweaver, of course he can do optical fibre.) [quote] but I'm totally stumped for Lightning. Like, all I can imagine is old lava tubes crammed full of wires and stuff, which is a bit homogeneous. I guess that prolly-going-supercritical reactor of theirs might be causing all sorts of weird stuff to pop in below it and run amok, but my brain goes smooth whenever technology's involved. And I don't think Lightning is canon at the point of "rogue AI" or "nanite swarm", yeah? Guess they could have something like the elder scrolls' dwarven ruins, just a whole underground crammed full of abandoned projects and rusting steampunk. I could see Lightning using their cavern space for Capitalism Landfill Hours, though. Maybe you got some scavenger clans down there. [/quote] Wow I thought you mentioned magnetism somewhere... maybe I jumped there in my mind from electro-magnetism without realising. I can imagine Lightnign using electromagnetism fields to create strong local magnetism, enough to setup something like a trickle feed mining setup extracting ferrous materials from the earth. After a while this creates caverns where the ore disappeared from. Tunneling: Later they learnt that by warping these strong fields, perhaps by placing multiple elctromagnets (they're super strong when powered by Lightnign mana rather than normal electricity btw) they can shape and direct the tunnels that are created, (providing enough ferrous material exists in the earth to manipulate magnetically.) Lightning perhaps has a technological impetus for alliance with Light, combining electrics and optics to speed up their network. Light might not be so in love with this idea of using Light's technology to catalyse Lightning's efforts?
@Oranitha wrote on 2021-05-28 17:11:05:

Oh man YES, I am SO here for this. I really wish there was just like...idk, a worldbuilder pinglist or something (if there is I haven't found it :[), there's so many amazing ideas y'all've shared, and I'd love to see it percolating out into the greater community...
If there isn't let's start one
Quote:
I never thought of magma tunnels somehow. Oh my gosh yes, magma tunnels sound AMAZING??? And while I know Earth is normally more the one for crystals, I'm still imagining like, geode-like formations "floating" in magma rivers, or trying to make it safely through caves formed from hulking splinters of obsidian...

Thanks for fleshing out my idea a little more, I love the visuals :)
I've collected some ideas here if you're curious, I'd love to add yours in the mix
Quote:
For Arcane, I'm not suer how transparent the crystals are in canon, but I think it'd be neat if some of them were nearly translucent...imagine looking down and the ground's just a glassy "window" into a huge underground space criss-crossed by columns of crystal, many overgrown. Very rough mockup:

5srdAoE.png

I'm imagining the crystals growing clear in these sinkholes being stained pink over time as the mana emanating up from Sornieth's arcane pores is captured within their crystalline lattice.
'Ripe' pink crystals are extracted to make space for fresh white crystals to grow and stored somewhere in the landscape .
(Yeah all those pink crystals you see around here? Those.... Arcane got some serious power storage going on here - watch out!)

Quote:
Light's prolly HUGE on underground ruins (perhaps the Hewn City itself extends further than we think....),
I started in Light.
It wouldn't be far fetched to imagine they've wired that Lighthouse in reverse, and instead of it emitting light, it's pumping Light down into tunnels planning to save (take over?) the world that way, bringing Light to the world.
(Deity is called Lightweaver, of course he can do optical fibre.)
Quote:
but I'm totally stumped for Lightning. Like, all I can imagine is old lava tubes crammed full of wires and stuff, which is a bit homogeneous. I guess that prolly-going-supercritical reactor of theirs might be causing all sorts of weird stuff to pop in below it and run amok, but my brain goes smooth whenever technology's involved. And I don't think Lightning is canon at the point of "rogue AI" or "nanite swarm", yeah? Guess they could have something like the elder scrolls' dwarven ruins, just a whole underground crammed full of abandoned projects and rusting steampunk. I could see Lightning using their cavern space for Capitalism Landfill Hours, though. Maybe you got some scavenger clans down there.

Wow I thought you mentioned magnetism somewhere... maybe I jumped there in my mind from electro-magnetism without realising. I can imagine Lightnign using electromagnetism fields to create strong local magnetism, enough to setup something like a trickle feed mining setup extracting ferrous materials from the earth.
After a while this creates caverns where the ore disappeared from.

Tunneling:
Later they learnt that by warping these strong fields, perhaps by placing multiple elctromagnets (they're super strong when powered by Lightnign mana rather than normal electricity btw) they can shape and direct the tunnels that are created, (providing enough ferrous material exists in the earth to manipulate magnetically.)

Lightning perhaps has a technological impetus for alliance with Light, combining electrics and optics to speed up their network. Light might not be so in love with this idea of using Light's technology to catalyse Lightning's efforts?
qDkA25S.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22