Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MAP][ART] The Behemoth IS the Labyrinth
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22
[quote name="Oranitha" date="2021-05-29 21:46:51" ] The logistic issue of course is striking while the iron's kind of hot. Like, okay, I'm weirdly passionate about developing non-canon cavern systems beneath a fictional faction on a browser-based dragon breeding sim, but I do have to admit that the core pool of likeminded folks isn't the largest (there are dozens of us! dozens!), so I'd be kind of nervous that, come a year later, there won't be as much interest :[ [/quote] Bah, no need for that! Now introducing, Greenskeeper... 2! Happens whenever you want, for as long as is necessary! Alternatively, make it relevant that it's not happening during Greenskeeper. The festival has too many eyes, too many people talking with too many OTHER people, and FAR too many safety regulations. We simply can't work under these conditions. Now sign the waiver.
Oranitha wrote on 2021-05-29 21:46:51:
The logistic issue of course is striking while the iron's kind of hot. Like, okay, I'm weirdly passionate about developing non-canon cavern systems beneath a fictional faction on a browser-based dragon breeding sim, but I do have to admit that the core pool of likeminded folks isn't the largest (there are dozens of us! dozens!), so I'd be kind of nervous that, come a year later, there won't be as much interest :[

Bah, no need for that! Now introducing, Greenskeeper... 2! Happens whenever you want, for as long as is necessary!

Alternatively, make it relevant that it's not happening during Greenskeeper. The festival has too many eyes, too many people talking with too many OTHER people, and FAR too many safety regulations. We simply can't work under these conditions. Now sign the waiver.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png40.png
[quote name="MirageTheShadow" date="2021-03-03 06:10:32" ] [quote name="@Oranitha" date="2021-03-01 20:56:55" ] [quote name="@Avessa" date="2021-03-01 20:08:06" ] Love everything that's come up in this thread. The idea of a dark root filled underbelly full of eldritch plant monsters is so enticing. XD [/quote] I totally agree; anecdotal, but I feel like the wide majority of Nature folks I talk to are pretty down for eldritch plant monsters. Guess staff made a great call having Nature and Plague be sister flights [emoji=wildclaw winking size=2] I really dig Nidhoggr as an idea. It'd be a fun departure from the mythology; we'd still get a serpentine Ancient that eats roots, but as designed by Gladekeeper, it might be a sort of "pruner". I could see it as a many-legged "tendriled" cavewyrm with "gecko pad" feet, sort of evocative of a vine, and a body furrowed down the middle to accept plantlife for transplant, and maybe a kind of scythe-mouth with resin stores for pruning & sealing the wound. It would be horrible as an actual Ancient probably, very uggo, but lorewise I think it'd be neat-o to get a "designed symbiont" dragon. [/quote] Who's going to make this as a skin for Male Imps or Spirals? It would be perfect for Greenskeeper! [/quote] I'm back! And I have some (terrible) doodles of the ancient based off of this! Warning, my art handwriting is not great. Also I spelled sensitive wrong lol. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/835154934764666950/851922101190918174/NatureAncientTheory.png[/img]
MirageTheShadow wrote on 2021-03-03 06:10:32:
@Oranitha wrote on 2021-03-01 20:56:55:
@Avessa wrote on 2021-03-01 20:08:06:
Love everything that's come up in this thread. The idea of a dark root filled underbelly full of eldritch plant monsters is so enticing. XD

I totally agree; anecdotal, but I feel like the wide majority of Nature folks I talk to are pretty down for eldritch plant monsters. Guess staff made a great call having Nature and Plague be sister flights

I really dig Nidhoggr as an idea. It'd be a fun departure from the mythology; we'd still get a serpentine Ancient that eats roots, but as designed by Gladekeeper, it might be a sort of "pruner". I could see it as a many-legged "tendriled" cavewyrm with "gecko pad" feet, sort of evocative of a vine, and a body furrowed down the middle to accept plantlife for transplant, and maybe a kind of scythe-mouth with resin stores for pruning & sealing the wound. It would be horrible as an actual Ancient probably, very uggo, but lorewise I think it'd be neat-o to get a "designed symbiont" dragon.
Who's going to make this as a skin for Male Imps or Spirals? It would be perfect for Greenskeeper!
I'm back! And I have some (terrible) doodles of the ancient based off of this! Warning, my art handwriting is not great. Also I spelled sensitive wrong lol.
NatureAncientTheory.png
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
caterpillar dragon.... 83c

...makes me think of Magic: the Gathering's wurms, actually. Wurms tend to be Green creatures, too, so they're perfect for us... >83c
caterpillar dragon.... 83c

...makes me think of Magic: the Gathering's wurms, actually. Wurms tend to be Green creatures, too, so they're perfect for us... >83c
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png40.png
[quote name="MirageTheShadow" date="2021-06-08 13:36:09" ] [quote name="MirageTheShadow" date="2021-03-03 06:10:32" ] I'm back! And I have some (terrible) doodles of the ancient based off of this! Warning, my art handwriting is not great. Also I spelled sensitive wrong lol. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/835154934764666950/851922101190918174/NatureAncientTheory.png[/img] [/quote] I forgot to add, the ridge in the back is probably lots of muscle so they could tighten it when needed to the plants don't fall. I might draw up some more doodles sometime :D
MirageTheShadow wrote on 2021-06-08 13:36:09:
MirageTheShadow wrote on 2021-03-03 06:10:32:
I'm back! And I have some (terrible) doodles of the ancient based off of this! Warning, my art handwriting is not great. Also I spelled sensitive wrong lol.
NatureAncientTheory.png
I forgot to add, the ridge in the back is probably lots of muscle so they could tighten it when needed to the plants don't fall. I might draw up some more doodles sometime :D
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
So the digsite is green. ... ....................... [emoji=wildclaw happy size=2] EDIT: I swear to gods if they actually do some "Behemoth tunneled in" thing I will [i]screech[/i] and it will be [i]horrid[/i] and [i]joyful[/i].
So the digsite is green.

EDIT: I swear to gods if they actually do some "Behemoth tunneled in" thing I will screech and it will be horrid and joyful.
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="Oranitha" date="2021-06-10 17:05:16" ] So the digsite is green. ... ....................... [emoji=wildclaw happy size=2] EDIT: I swear to gods if they actually do some "Behemoth tunneled in" thing I will [i]screech[/i] and it will be [i]horrid[/i] and [i]joyful[/i]. [/quote] [i]Yes![/i] This will be the big underground update!
Oranitha wrote on 2021-06-10 17:05:16:
So the digsite is green.

EDIT: I swear to gods if they actually do some "Behemoth tunneled in" thing I will screech and it will be horrid and joyful.
Yes! This will be the big underground update!
Oh god late I'm late I didn't even notice y'all posting, sorry!

@Nelsothy That was beautiful and I made an ugly sound IRL. the rootbed is where OSHA goes to die. Anyways, I didn't totally punk out on the idea, I was actually doing a few illustrations for it...not great, not terrible. Weekend's coming up but, given the GREEN GREEN TUNNEL IS GREEN G R E E N, I'm going to hold off on planning just in case, on a very slim chance, staff actually is doing some Nature incursion stuff.

@MirageTheShadow I love it! Caterpillar ancient is so gosh darned dear, I need fifty ;_; No guarantees, but if I get a sec, would it be ok if I try drawing one?

@Nelsothy That was beautiful and I made an ugly sound IRL. the rootbed is where OSHA goes to die. Anyways, I didn't totally punk out on the idea, I was actually doing a few illustrations for it...not great, not terrible. Weekend's coming up but, given the GREEN GREEN TUNNEL IS GREEN G R E E N, I'm going to hold off on planning just in case, on a very slim chance, staff actually is doing some Nature incursion stuff.

@MirageTheShadow I love it! Caterpillar ancient is so gosh darned dear, I need fifty ;_; No guarantees, but if I get a sec, would it be ok if I try drawing one?
cL9yafY.gif
Nature and Plague spreading across the map while both of us yell "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU, I'M NOT TOUCHING YOUUUUU-"
Nature and Plague spreading across the map while both of us yell "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU, I'M NOT TOUCHING YOUUUUU-"
5bo5hOU.pngfWYy1BR.png0F7jZQ6.pnga5jtoDO.pnglhNyXgq.gif
[quote name="Oranitha" date="2021-06-10 17:33:20" ] Oh god late I'm late I didn't even notice y'all posting, sorry! @/Nelsothy That was beautiful and I made an ugly sound IRL. the rootbed is where OSHA goes to die. Anyways, I didn't totally punk out on the idea, I was actually doing a few illustrations for it...not great, not terrible. Weekend's coming up but, given the GREEN GREEN TUNNEL IS GREEN G R E E N, I'm going to hold off on planning just in case, on a very slim chance, staff actually is doing some Nature incursion stuff. @/MirageTheShadow I love it! Caterpillar ancient is so gosh darned dear, I need fifty ;_; No guarantees, but if I get a sec, would it be ok if I try drawing one? [/quote] Sure!
Oranitha wrote on 2021-06-10 17:33:20:

@/Nelsothy That was beautiful and I made an ugly sound IRL. the rootbed is where OSHA goes to die. Anyways, I didn't totally punk out on the idea, I was actually doing a few illustrations for it...not great, not terrible. Weekend's coming up but, given the GREEN GREEN TUNNEL IS GREEN G R E E N, I'm going to hold off on planning just in case, on a very slim chance, staff actually is doing some Nature incursion stuff.

@/MirageTheShadow I love it! Caterpillar ancient is so gosh darned dear, I need fifty ;_; No guarantees, but if I get a sec, would it be ok if I try drawing one?
Sure!
But honestly, I've been tweaking my lore to include the caves in plague we can see on the map. I love the idea that Plague's living earth is some form of massive organism that's writhing to accommodate us, (ala mystery flesh pit national park) with some dragons under the first layer wandering for ages, growing up completely underground and never seeing the sun, surviving off of what they can hunt and build in the labyrinth of living tunnels below the desert. Tourists and pilgrims can wander the boneyards all they want because that's not where the most feral of our flight really lives.
But honestly, I've been tweaking my lore to include the caves in plague we can see on the map. I love the idea that Plague's living earth is some form of massive organism that's writhing to accommodate us, (ala mystery flesh pit national park) with some dragons under the first layer wandering for ages, growing up completely underground and never seeing the sun, surviving off of what they can hunt and build in the labyrinth of living tunnels below the desert. Tourists and pilgrims can wander the boneyards all they want because that's not where the most feral of our flight really lives.
5bo5hOU.pngfWYy1BR.png0F7jZQ6.pnga5jtoDO.pnglhNyXgq.gif
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22