Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MAP][ART] Rootbed (+Dusthide lore?)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22
Oh lemme add to this a bit! You know that little bridge between nature and shadow territory, suggesting that the two flight may be allied or at least friendly? [map x=3242 y=1262 view=land width=480 height=240]Check it out![/map] Well, imagine a big root tunnel with a mix of aesthetics... Blackroot Burrows from Ori and the Bind Forest is the perfect example for this [img]https://cdn.xgn.nl/upload/201603/ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition-review-1458388862.jpg[/img] [img]http://thisgengaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/spirit-bomb-1024x576.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.newsledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ori-black-root-burrows-2.jpg[/img] [img]http://assets.vg247.com/current//2016/03/ori_and_the_blind_forest_definitive_edition_1.jpg[/img] [s]This area in this game is the inspiration for my main lore clan so I'm super excited about this idea[/s] There is potential for crazy aesthetic mixes between EVERY flight and nature if you assume the "worldwide root tunnels" thing is true!
Oh lemme add to this a bit!

You know that little bridge between nature and shadow territory, suggesting that the two flight may be allied or at least friendly?

Well, imagine a big root tunnel with a mix of aesthetics...

Blackroot Burrows from Ori and the Bind Forest is the perfect example for this

ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition-review-1458388862.jpg

spirit-bomb-1024x576.jpg

ori-black-root-burrows-2.jpg

ori_and_the_blind_forest_definitive_edition_1.jpg

This area in this game is the inspiration for my main lore clan so I'm super excited about this idea

There is potential for crazy aesthetic mixes between EVERY flight and nature if you assume the "worldwide root tunnels" thing is true!
RAS7foa.png
Wn94zHr.png
XmHV7tO.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png

edsfge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx skyleaf.gif
Oh yo sorry to all the people who've added even more ideas, I skimmed real quick but I have to drop something off and then skedaddle IRL. I'll be back! First off, I mentioned subterranean rivers but they're not on the map or anything so here's a quick ref of a smaller one. Sorry for the cartoony lighting/lanterns, I love Flowscape but it does [i]not[/i] love interior lights. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/om8sAWi.png[/img][/center] (Same release as the others, do whatever, just don't try to sell/claim credit) More excitingly, after repeatedly trying and failing to do a generic root city in Flowscape, I gave up and painted one instead, and given the effort required, it's not so generic any more... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wvAUBcL.png[/img][/center] (Same release as the others except don't remove my signature) Welcome to Bright Aleph! She's the successor-city to Aleph (now called Sunken Aleph), which was settled long ago at the base of the chasm she's suspended over. She hosts the druids, researchers, and adventurers who've made it their goal to reclaim and perhaps resettle Sunken Aleph. Abandoned due to a mix of Barrens aggression and (according to rumors, at least) a top-secret research project gone wrong, Sunken Aleph boasts a unique surrounding ecosystem and a hoard of druidic artifacts. The real treasure, though, is the structure that fills the city's heart, and her whole reason for existing: an ancient laboratory built at a leyline convergence. Its walls crack and crumble under the pressure of the growth within, and after years of work, only a sliver of the lab's been rendered (relatively) safe. The journey through the chasm is tiring and dangerous, as there's no wind for gliding. A heavily-fortified base camp has been established in Sunken Aleph to help dragons prepare for the journey up, though all the walls in the world won't do much if the Barrens awakens. Bright Aleph is a much merrier place, and is most days filled with song and industry. Her main charge, besides housing dragons, is cultivating light. While her access to the leylines is dampened both by distance and by Sunken Aleph, she still produces an overabundance of glowing mushrooms, lantern vines, weavermotes, and plenty of other living light sources. While she's a root city first and foremost, she spreads her glowing tendrils into many surrounding cavern systems. Don't leave without seeing the Aleph Cascades, a series of waterfalls lit from behind by a grove of massive glowfronds, or trying an Aleph Crepe (topped with real motesap)! EDIT: the "safe" parts of the Sunken Aleph lab probably look a bit like this (reference: Hollow Knight Greenpath). It was a beautiful place in its day. Still is, depending on your taste. [img]https://i.imgur.com/VtWMwzu.jpg[/img] If you're interested in using Bright or Sunken Aleph in your lore, please let me know because I'd love to read it! Same goes for anything else on the thread really, no need for permission, I just love reading lore.
Oh yo sorry to all the people who've added even more ideas, I skimmed real quick but I have to drop something off and then skedaddle IRL. I'll be back!

First off, I mentioned subterranean rivers but they're not on the map or anything so here's a quick ref of a smaller one. Sorry for the cartoony lighting/lanterns, I love Flowscape but it does not love interior lights.
om8sAWi.png

(Same release as the others, do whatever, just don't try to sell/claim credit)

More excitingly, after repeatedly trying and failing to do a generic root city in Flowscape, I gave up and painted one instead, and given the effort required, it's not so generic any more...
wvAUBcL.png

(Same release as the others except don't remove my signature)

Welcome to Bright Aleph! She's the successor-city to Aleph (now called Sunken Aleph), which was settled long ago at the base of the chasm she's suspended over. She hosts the druids, researchers, and adventurers who've made it their goal to reclaim and perhaps resettle Sunken Aleph.

Abandoned due to a mix of Barrens aggression and (according to rumors, at least) a top-secret research project gone wrong, Sunken Aleph boasts a unique surrounding ecosystem and a hoard of druidic artifacts. The real treasure, though, is the structure that fills the city's heart, and her whole reason for existing: an ancient laboratory built at a leyline convergence. Its walls crack and crumble under the pressure of the growth within, and after years of work, only a sliver of the lab's been rendered (relatively) safe.

The journey through the chasm is tiring and dangerous, as there's no wind for gliding. A heavily-fortified base camp has been established in Sunken Aleph to help dragons prepare for the journey up, though all the walls in the world won't do much if the Barrens awakens.

Bright Aleph is a much merrier place, and is most days filled with song and industry. Her main charge, besides housing dragons, is cultivating light. While her access to the leylines is dampened both by distance and by Sunken Aleph, she still produces an overabundance of glowing mushrooms, lantern vines, weavermotes, and plenty of other living light sources. While she's a root city first and foremost, she spreads her glowing tendrils into many surrounding cavern systems. Don't leave without seeing the Aleph Cascades, a series of waterfalls lit from behind by a grove of massive glowfronds, or trying an Aleph Crepe (topped with real motesap)!

EDIT: the "safe" parts of the Sunken Aleph lab probably look a bit like this (reference: Hollow Knight Greenpath). It was a beautiful place in its day. Still is, depending on your taste.
VtWMwzu.jpg

If you're interested in using Bright or Sunken Aleph in your lore, please let me know because I'd love to read it! Same goes for anything else on the thread really, no need for permission, I just love reading lore.
cL9yafY.gif
@Brokiloen Absolutely yes, please do share your ideas! <3

@Alepha @Blackvine Nothing says "home" quite like staring into the abyss! Give me a ring if either if you two visit, we do flowerbombs. Also Alepha holy coincidence on the name! Promise I didn't intend that, Bright/Sunken Aleph are just named for the first letter in the Jewish alphabet (as to why an ancient Nature research facility would be named "first", well)

@skyleaf OH I LOVE THAT AESTHETIC. Would you mind if I linked your post from the OP? Seriously I adore that, so colorful! The bottom one almost looks underwater. Speaking of, I didn't want to thread-canonize the world roots too hard because I don't want to make my own flight sound OP, but man there could be so many cool mixtures...
@Brokiloen Absolutely yes, please do share your ideas! <3

@Alepha @Blackvine Nothing says "home" quite like staring into the abyss! Give me a ring if either if you two visit, we do flowerbombs. Also Alepha holy coincidence on the name! Promise I didn't intend that, Bright/Sunken Aleph are just named for the first letter in the Jewish alphabet (as to why an ancient Nature research facility would be named "first", well)

@skyleaf OH I LOVE THAT AESTHETIC. Would you mind if I linked your post from the OP? Seriously I adore that, so colorful! The bottom one almost looks underwater. Speaking of, I didn't want to thread-canonize the world roots too hard because I don't want to make my own flight sound OP, but man there could be so many cool mixtures...
cL9yafY.gif
Oh my gosh I was thinking it reminded me of Hollow Knight before I saw the image so having that there is amazing I love it. Also I would low-key live there I love overgrown ruins.

Wait only 2 games in my main group of Indie addictions doesn't really fit the rest have overgrown ruins kinda things.
Oh my gosh I was thinking it reminded me of Hollow Knight before I saw the image so having that there is amazing I love it. Also I would low-key live there I love overgrown ruins.

Wait only 2 games in my main group of Indie addictions doesn't really fit the rest have overgrown ruins kinda things.
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
@Oranitha
Go ahead! I don't mind
@Oranitha
Go ahead! I don't mind
RAS7foa.png
Wn94zHr.png
XmHV7tO.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png

edsfge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx skyleaf.gif
New head canon: glademom's root system schlorped up tidepapa and that is why he's missing
New head canon: glademom's root system schlorped up tidepapa and that is why he's missing
[quote name="Leopardmask" date="2021-03-01 12:26:12" ] eldritch Nature eldritch Nature eldritch Nature- [/quote] HECK YEA
Leopardmask wrote on 2021-03-01 12:26:12:
eldritch Nature eldritch Nature eldritch Nature-
HECK YEA
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
[quote name="TheWinterBard" date="2021-04-14 21:05:44" ] New head canon: glademom's root system schlorped up tidepapa and that is why he's missing [/quote] RIP [emoji=wildclaw sad size=2] ...he's in a better place now? Anyways NADS I FORGOT TO FINISH AGAIN. Okay, I'm swamped IRL, but there's only two entries left! Someone come hit me with a shovel this weekend if I don't get to it.
TheWinterBard wrote on 2021-04-14 21:05:44:

RIP

...he's in a better place now?

Anyways NADS I FORGOT TO FINISH AGAIN. Okay, I'm swamped IRL, but there's only two entries left! Someone come hit me with a shovel this weekend if I don't get to it.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha finish this tomorrow you numpty
@Oranitha finish this tomorrow you numpty
cL9yafY.gif
This was a wonderful thread to read. I wish there was something like this really digging into all the ignored potential for Earth. Thank you so much for having made this content, and thanks to everyone else for contributing additional stuff.
This was a wonderful thread to read. I wish there was something like this really digging into all the ignored potential for Earth. Thank you so much for having made this content, and thanks to everyone else for contributing additional stuff.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22