Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Glowtail, what did I miss?
1 2 3 4 5
So I just came back to flight after almost a year-long hiatus and was reading the old news to see what I've missed. Nice, some new Gem genes, but wow...

Glowtail doesn't seem to be very popular huh? I can't find very many dragons with it and that seems a bit rare for a gem gene this late after its release. Is it, like... a hated tertiary gene or is it more that it's just too expensive so that most people can't be bothered? Better or worse than Stained? Would you want a dragon with Glowtail or is it like a dealbreaker? It looks pretty nice on some colors to me but does seem to be more of a subtle look.
So I just came back to flight after almost a year-long hiatus and was reading the old news to see what I've missed. Nice, some new Gem genes, but wow...

Glowtail doesn't seem to be very popular huh? I can't find very many dragons with it and that seems a bit rare for a gem gene this late after its release. Is it, like... a hated tertiary gene or is it more that it's just too expensive so that most people can't be bothered? Better or worse than Stained? Would you want a dragon with Glowtail or is it like a dealbreaker? It looks pretty nice on some colors to me but does seem to be more of a subtle look.
A handful of players hate it, a handful love it, many are pretty indifferent. From what I know the reason it's not used a lot is just that its such a minor gene that costs gems so it doesnt seem worth it for most people
A handful of players hate it, a handful love it, many are pretty indifferent. From what I know the reason it's not used a lot is just that its such a minor gene that costs gems so it doesnt seem worth it for most people
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
i think it's neat! it's just difficult for me to use. i considered putting it on gwyn but kept firefly.

i'd say stained is way more versatile, but i have seen some neat glowtails.
i think it's neat! it's just difficult for me to use. i considered putting it on gwyn but kept firefly.

i'd say stained is way more versatile, but i have seen some neat glowtails.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
I find Glowtale uggo so.... yeah, no Glowtail.
I find Glowtale uggo so.... yeah, no Glowtail.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
I think it's neat :)
I think it's neat :)
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I mostly seen it used to create rat dragons
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
People were not thrilled that it was a gem gene despite being quite minimal and it was also bugged upon release. It has since been fixed but it is still not very common.
People were not thrilled that it was a gem gene despite being quite minimal and it was also bugged upon release. It has since been fixed but it is still not very common.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
It’s not popular and very often it’s unwanted. I did an interest check for a glowtail pair offsite and I got an overwhelming response of no’s but I like the gene and I think it’ll eventually grow on people but it’s not going to be popular like stained or Opal. It’s definitely even be less liked than filigree though.

But from my experience you lose more money buying the gene than you will ever make back from the hatchlings unless the other parent has a more popular gene.
It’s not popular and very often it’s unwanted. I did an interest check for a glowtail pair offsite and I got an overwhelming response of no’s but I like the gene and I think it’ll eventually grow on people but it’s not going to be popular like stained or Opal. It’s definitely even be less liked than filigree though.

But from my experience you lose more money buying the gene than you will ever make back from the hatchlings unless the other parent has a more popular gene.
4xTBSTZ.png
There's neat ways to use it. It's quite limited, though, and very expensive.
I had some fodder with it and thought they looked really neat : )
There's neat ways to use it. It's quite limited, though, and very expensive.
I had some fodder with it and thought they looked really neat : )
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
[quote name="Scent" date="2020-10-17 12:24:30" ] I mostly seen it used to create rat dragons [/quote] ^
Scent wrote on 2020-10-17 12:24:30:
^

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier