Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Glowtail, what did I miss?
1 2 3 4 5
A gene that only affects the tail is a pretty niche idea to be honest. It's the least visible part of the dragon on most breeds, so a $12 USD price tag for such an insignificant change is going to be a hard sell. Filigree might have similarly low coverage, but it at least affects the face, so the changes can be worthwhile if you plan to use the dragon as an avatar.

The rat dragon idea is cute, but other than that, the only real use I can see for Glowtail is in masking some of the muddier Iridescent gradients on certain breeds, and even then, accents and apparel will do the same thing for much cheaper. Overall just a very odd design choice, honestly.
A gene that only affects the tail is a pretty niche idea to be honest. It's the least visible part of the dragon on most breeds, so a $12 USD price tag for such an insignificant change is going to be a hard sell. Filigree might have similarly low coverage, but it at least affects the face, so the changes can be worthwhile if you plan to use the dragon as an avatar.

The rat dragon idea is cute, but other than that, the only real use I can see for Glowtail is in masking some of the muddier Iridescent gradients on certain breeds, and even then, accents and apparel will do the same thing for much cheaper. Overall just a very odd design choice, honestly.
I would buy a dragon with it, but I probably wouldn't buy it myself unless I 100% needed it on a dragon. I feel much the same about Stained - to me, both genes can work nice, but neither is worth so many gems. I'll only pay that if I'm desperate, and even then, the last gem gene I remember buying is a couple copies of Bee. I don't normally have gem gene projects, in part because they're so expensive and few genes are worth it. Glowtail could have been worth the gem price if it did more - many people suggested it should have had little glowy bits on other parts of the dragon, like a row of spots down the flanks or something (another issue I still have with Glowtail is that, unless it's a really matchy dragon, it tends to look bottom-heavy, the opposite issue Filigree has). Idk, it's a fine gene but not worth the price most of the time for something so minimal and niche.
I would buy a dragon with it, but I probably wouldn't buy it myself unless I 100% needed it on a dragon. I feel much the same about Stained - to me, both genes can work nice, but neither is worth so many gems. I'll only pay that if I'm desperate, and even then, the last gem gene I remember buying is a couple copies of Bee. I don't normally have gem gene projects, in part because they're so expensive and few genes are worth it. Glowtail could have been worth the gem price if it did more - many people suggested it should have had little glowy bits on other parts of the dragon, like a row of spots down the flanks or something (another issue I still have with Glowtail is that, unless it's a really matchy dragon, it tends to look bottom-heavy, the opposite issue Filigree has). Idk, it's a fine gene but not worth the price most of the time for something so minimal and niche.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I'm not really bothered either way about it, although the colour all being in one area instead of spread out isn't very appealing to me. Also the fact that it's a gem gene...
I'm not really bothered either way about it, although the colour all being in one area instead of spread out isn't very appealing to me. Also the fact that it's a gem gene...
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
Til now I forgot it existed
Til now I forgot it existed
qR6otwA.png
glowtail is... meh. i don't think its worth the gems, but it can look nice on dragons whose tails show
glowtail is... meh. i don't think its worth the gems, but it can look nice on dragons whose tails show
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
I can't find any dragons that it actually looks good on. It's just kinda....out of place.
I can't find any dragons that it actually looks good on. It's just kinda....out of place.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
I like Glowtail fine, I guess, but I never use it because of how low the coverage is. I'm a g1 lair, so if I'm already geared up to spend that much money on a gem tert, I'm going to go with something like Glimmer or Opal. Glowtail doesn't really even look like a gem gene to me, if I'm being honest. I'm definitely not going to pick something that only covers the tail and doesn't even look as flashy as most gem terts if I'm shopping for gem terts. If Glowtail were a Bladwin gene, for instance, I'd probably use it all the time. It just honestly seems a bit wasteful for me to pick it over other gem terts.
I like Glowtail fine, I guess, but I never use it because of how low the coverage is. I'm a g1 lair, so if I'm already geared up to spend that much money on a gem tert, I'm going to go with something like Glimmer or Opal. Glowtail doesn't really even look like a gem gene to me, if I'm being honest. I'm definitely not going to pick something that only covers the tail and doesn't even look as flashy as most gem terts if I'm shopping for gem terts. If Glowtail were a Bladwin gene, for instance, I'd probably use it all the time. It just honestly seems a bit wasteful for me to pick it over other gem terts.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Like Stained, I feel Glowtail is too expensive for what it actually does. I've seen some really cool scries with it, but I'd rather not shell out 1200g, y'know what I mean?
Like Stained, I feel Glowtail is too expensive for what it actually does. I've seen some really cool scries with it, but I'd rather not shell out 1200g, y'know what I mean?
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Unpopular opinion: I honestly quite like Glowtail. It can be used in a variety of ways, but the fact that it is a gem gene does make me kind of disappointed since I'm broke most of the time, which is why I have exactly 1 dragon that has Glowtail(she's a G1, and the gene was gifted to me).
Unpopular opinion: I honestly quite like Glowtail. It can be used in a variety of ways, but the fact that it is a gem gene does make me kind of disappointed since I'm broke most of the time, which is why I have exactly 1 dragon that has Glowtail(she's a G1, and the gene was gifted to me).
I see the spine of the world
Sparkle and shine, light the inside
I see the spine of the world
I know it's mine, twisted and tied
I love Glowtail! I just bought this cutie with it a few days ago. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64437393][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/644374/64437393_350.png[/img][/url] I wish the gene got more use 3:
I love Glowtail! I just bought this cutie with it a few days ago.

64437393_350.png

I wish the gene got more use 3:
!! signature under construction !!
1 2 3 4 5