Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Glowtail, what did I miss?
1 2 3 4 5
Definitely a very niche gene, but I like it well enough that I'm making a breeding pair with it. Had to specifically plan to it though cause it doesn't work with everything which I imagine is a downside for a lot of people. I'm happy with what I've come up with though. ^^ [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=42&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=66&tertgene=54&winggene=10&wings=8&auth=6ce9efd1883287ba3487b348481d399630ad03a7&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Definitely a very niche gene, but I like it well enough that I'm making a breeding pair with it. Had to specifically plan to it though cause it doesn't work with everything which I imagine is a downside for a lot of people. I'm happy with what I've come up with though. ^^

dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=42&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=66&tertgene=54&winggene=10&wings=8&auth=6ce9efd1883287ba3487b348481d399630ad03a7&dummyext=prev.png
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
Ah yes, a fellow hiatus. I went off about 5 months ago, around when
glowtail was released. Came back today, checked around, and dang there’s no love for em. Kinda shocking to me, as I think it’s very cute. Buuuut it is very.. ridiculous for a gem gene. Just let other people buy it, sell the kids, and grab one for fodder price. Most effective.
Ah yes, a fellow hiatus. I went off about 5 months ago, around when
glowtail was released. Came back today, checked around, and dang there’s no love for em. Kinda shocking to me, as I think it’s very cute. Buuuut it is very.. ridiculous for a gem gene. Just let other people buy it, sell the kids, and grab one for fodder price. Most effective.
MUYNhfy.pngE3nmoMt.png
zXKY1Je.gif
WKtl2lb.png mlHpBMC.png
[quote name="Mangoeclipse" date="2020-10-17 17:51:16" ] I mean... it's better than keel. That's for sure. [/quote] this. as a gem gene, in my opinion it should be flashier? also the fact that it only covers the tail looks weird to me.
Mangoeclipse wrote on 2020-10-17 17:51:16:
I mean... it's better than keel. That's for sure.
this.
as a gem gene, in my opinion it should be flashier? also the fact that it only covers the tail looks weird to me.
she/her +1
a lot of people were upset at release because it could've been seen as "lazy" because for being called glowtail it... doesn't glow, and the lineart was rushed on initial release, and the fact it only effects the tail. I'm not the biggest fan but I do enjoy it
a lot of people were upset at release because it could've been seen as "lazy" because for being called glowtail it... doesn't glow, and the lineart was rushed on initial release, and the fact it only effects the tail. I'm not the biggest fan but I do enjoy it
it's pretty obvious that it really should have been a baldwin gene, plus when it launched it had tons of blatant, serious art errors. we're talking art errors like on male snappers there was a whole big obvious cube of glowtail color sticking like a sore thumb out of the side of the tail lineart. on male tundras the socket where the tail faded into the base body was visibly too big and as a result the male tundra kind of had this cone of glowtail color surrounding the lineart for the base of the tail. and all of this for the equivalent of 12 dollars in real life money. and it's just kind of a situational gene anyway.
it's fine overall but it's just... not worth being a gem gene, and clearly didn't spend very long in the art error detection stage of development.
it's pretty obvious that it really should have been a baldwin gene, plus when it launched it had tons of blatant, serious art errors. we're talking art errors like on male snappers there was a whole big obvious cube of glowtail color sticking like a sore thumb out of the side of the tail lineart. on male tundras the socket where the tail faded into the base body was visibly too big and as a result the male tundra kind of had this cone of glowtail color surrounding the lineart for the base of the tail. and all of this for the equivalent of 12 dollars in real life money. and it's just kind of a situational gene anyway.
it's fine overall but it's just... not worth being a gem gene, and clearly didn't spend very long in the art error detection stage of development.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
It's such a minimal gene that it really should have been a treasure gene... I think people (myself included) would have been far more likely to use it if it were a treasure gene.
It's such a minimal gene that it really should have been a treasure gene... I think people (myself included) would have been far more likely to use it if it were a treasure gene.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I am one of those indifferent people, I fall for it if it looks good on the dragon, am like 'meh' when it doesn't, and hate it when it looks too weird.
I am one of those indifferent people, I fall for it if it looks good on the dragon, am like 'meh' when it doesn't, and hate it when it looks too weird.
[quote name="Mangoeclipse" date="2020-10-17 17:51:16" ] I mean... it's better than keel. That's for sure. [/quote] Actually, I find that keel can be very nice and useful for some projects. As for glowtail, The gem part makes me like WHAT HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME AND ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO ARE 100% BROKE AND HAVE NO MONEY TO SPEND JUST FOR THAT. However it's nice and useful if you can somehow get it cheap. Stained is nicer though because it does not make it so you have to go and make the dragon have a tert that you might still not be 100% sure about, because it is basically invisible. It just looks like the dragon has different colors than it does- like my Coatl Lovis, who looks like a XXX or XXY because of it but is really a XYZ (don't tell anyone :P). However 1. Glowtail needs a new name. IT DOES NOT GLOW. Or they could make the background look slightly like it and fade away at the edges so that the dragon's tail really glows and ta-da, firefly dragons (XXY obsidian/radioactive if they did, then firefly :3). Or they could make it so it's more like stained and spreads up a bit more on the dragon and then just colors in the tail with the little plate things. It would be 88% more popular if it was a Baldwin gene, you could get it fighting in the training grounds, or if it was in the marketplace as a treasure gene. Or all of the above. Maybe if it did something like tip of the tail, paws (or feet, whatever you want to call them) and maybe a bit on the horns, wings and nose so people could make tuxedo cat dragons or something. That might work too. (honestly, others are right, it and opal are the same in pricing, opal is popular but super hard to afford for those of us who do not have real life money to spend, do not have even 100 gems, and therefore we must substitute other things for it) *takes deep breath* There, done with that for now.
Mangoeclipse wrote on 2020-10-17 17:51:16:
I mean... it's better than keel. That's for sure.
Actually, I find that keel can be very nice and useful for some projects.

As for glowtail,
The gem part makes me like WHAT HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME AND ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO ARE 100% BROKE AND HAVE NO MONEY TO SPEND JUST FOR THAT. However it's nice and useful if you can somehow get it cheap. Stained is nicer though because it does not make it so you have to go and make the dragon have a tert that you might still not be 100% sure about, because it is basically invisible. It just looks like the dragon has different colors than it does- like my Coatl Lovis, who looks like a XXX or XXY because of it but is really a XYZ (don't tell anyone :P). However 1. Glowtail needs a new name. IT DOES NOT GLOW. Or they could make the background look slightly like it and fade away at the edges so that the dragon's tail really glows and ta-da, firefly dragons (XXY obsidian/radioactive if they did, then firefly :3). Or they could make it so it's more like stained and spreads up a bit more on the dragon and then just colors in the tail with the little plate things. It would be 88% more popular if it was a Baldwin gene, you could get it fighting in the training grounds, or if it was in the marketplace as a treasure gene. Or all of the above. Maybe if it did something like tip of the tail, paws (or feet, whatever you want to call them) and maybe a bit on the horns, wings and nose so people could make tuxedo cat dragons or something. That might work too.
(honestly, others are right, it and opal are the same in pricing, opal is popular but super hard to afford for those of us who do not have real life money to spend, do not have even 100 gems, and therefore we must substitute other things for it)

*takes deep breath*
There, done with that for now.
1 2 3 4 5