Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Glowtail, what did I miss?
1 2 3 4 5
Hmm, I see. Thanks for the responses, everyone. @Mystiek @Iokharic @Scent @Lilydew @Skyfrost @Argante @jennycatmystique @Kylaila @impostor

I think Glowtail looks pretty nice on some dragons. I myself probably wouldn't mind buying a dragon with it if I liked the other traits. The general consensus does seem to be that it's overpriced though so I figure it probably won't be a good investment for breeding purposes.

I'm surprised Stained did so much better though, I thought Stained was generally pretty disliked when it came out, but I might have been wrong about that. Stained does seem to have done very well for itself in comparison.
Hmm, I see. Thanks for the responses, everyone. @Mystiek @Iokharic @Scent @Lilydew @Skyfrost @Argante @jennycatmystique @Kylaila @impostor

I think Glowtail looks pretty nice on some dragons. I myself probably wouldn't mind buying a dragon with it if I liked the other traits. The general consensus does seem to be that it's overpriced though so I figure it probably won't be a good investment for breeding purposes.

I'm surprised Stained did so much better though, I thought Stained was generally pretty disliked when it came out, but I might have been wrong about that. Stained does seem to have done very well for itself in comparison.
@Swindler there was definitely some heavy dislike for stained when it came out- a pretty similar thought process as it was a minor change for such a high price

But I think people got really attached to the cool effects stained had on different genes and colors which eventually turned the tide of criticism. Unfortunately, while glowtail can be really cool on some dergs, it just doesnt have something to give it an advantage unlike stained.
@Swindler there was definitely some heavy dislike for stained when it came out- a pretty similar thought process as it was a minor change for such a high price

But I think people got really attached to the cool effects stained had on different genes and colors which eventually turned the tide of criticism. Unfortunately, while glowtail can be really cool on some dergs, it just doesnt have something to give it an advantage unlike stained.
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
@jennycatmystique
yeah, I would not have thought at launch that stained would do so well it eventually ends up more popular than filigree, which was widely celebrated at launch. But Glowtail doing even worse than Circuit? wow. That would need some huge effort to turn around. Seems like none of the big breeders really picked it up either so it never really became much cheaper, which might have been a contributor as well.
@jennycatmystique
yeah, I would not have thought at launch that stained would do so well it eventually ends up more popular than filigree, which was widely celebrated at launch. But Glowtail doing even worse than Circuit? wow. That would need some huge effort to turn around. Seems like none of the big breeders really picked it up either so it never really became much cheaper, which might have been a contributor as well.
I like Glowtail somewhat, but it is a bit too expensive imo for such a niche gene. It doesn’t cover much of the dragon, and in some poses it is barely even noticeable. It would have been a cool Baldwin gene. However, I at least can see myself buying Glowtail for a gene project if I really wanted to, unlike Keel.
I like Glowtail somewhat, but it is a bit too expensive imo for such a niche gene. It doesn’t cover much of the dragon, and in some poses it is barely even noticeable. It would have been a cool Baldwin gene. However, I at least can see myself buying Glowtail for a gene project if I really wanted to, unlike Keel.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I like the gene glowtail and don't think that it's much of a dealbreaker. I'm planning to use it on some of my gen one dragons in the future as it looks quite nice on a few of their scries.
I like the gene glowtail and don't think that it's much of a dealbreaker. I'm planning to use it on some of my gen one dragons in the future as it looks quite nice on a few of their scries.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
personally LOVE glowtail, but many people seem to dislike it. oh well, another man's trash...
personally LOVE glowtail, but many people seem to dislike it. oh well, another man's trash...
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
yeah, it being a full price gem gene really killed most of the popularity it could've had even after the art fix. kind of a shame because i actually really like it, i wish more people bred non-fodder dragons with it
yeah, it being a full price gem gene really killed most of the popularity it could've had even after the art fix. kind of a shame because i actually really like it, i wish more people bred non-fodder dragons with it
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
I think part of the reason for the gene's unpopularity is the sheer controversy surrounding it when it was first released

The combination of, high cost, several art mistakes, and the abrupt transition between the body and tail had people up in arms and all the criticism sparked a debate on when and how criticism is appropriate.

The staff may have fixed the art mistakes and smoothed out the transition so it looked more natural but the gene was pretty polarizing when it released

I may be wrong but I get the feeling that it's lackluster release left a foul taste in peoples mouths
I think part of the reason for the gene's unpopularity is the sheer controversy surrounding it when it was first released

The combination of, high cost, several art mistakes, and the abrupt transition between the body and tail had people up in arms and all the criticism sparked a debate on when and how criticism is appropriate.

The staff may have fixed the art mistakes and smoothed out the transition so it looked more natural but the gene was pretty polarizing when it released

I may be wrong but I get the feeling that it's lackluster release left a foul taste in peoples mouths
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
I love it but don't have a dragon with it yet. I'm trying to get too much more dragons but...
I love it but don't have a dragon with it yet. I'm trying to get too much more dragons but...
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
yeah I'm mostly indifferent towards it. it's nice enough and I can see myself putting it on a dragon if it looks good but that hasn't happened yet. I'd actually like it more if it didn't have the glow effect :')
yeah I'm mostly indifferent towards it. it's nice enough and I can see myself putting it on a dragon if it looks good but that hasn't happened yet. I'd actually like it more if it didn't have the glow effect :')
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
1 2 3 4 5