Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Congrats! You get to design a new breed!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8vIvNPm.jpg[/img][font=American Gothic][size=4] [s]Old art gross.[/s] Big old kaiju-like eldritch leviathans.
8vIvNPm.jpg

Old art gross.

Big old kaiju-like eldritch leviathans.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
PITT BULL DRAGON PITT BULL DRAGON Look, I am but a simple creature and if I saw something that was short legged and wide and looked like a dog. yes. On a more serious note, I really want something terrifying to come out of Hewn City (This is a city in the Light Flight.) [quote]A ruined, skeletal landscape of shattered structures, gripped by a shade that boggles even the Light dragonflight's most studious archaeologists. In this broken city lay secrets that are too mysterious to unearth, and even the bravest dragons are given pause when approaching its haunted outskirts.[/quote] Although I am aware that it won't be the undead imperials, I do think there is something even more haunting lurking in that permanent darkness. This is why the lore given for the Light Flight will always be my favorite. Seeing as banes and gaolers followed their short stories in the bounty of elements, I would not doubt something will follow Light too. The Lightweaver has specifically stated the imperials were a mistake because they ended up becoming undead monsters, however if imperials go there to die then think about how many undead imperials are actually there by now. With imps being the largest species of dragon to date, they would be a mighty force when becoming an emperor. Now, if nobody actively stays in Hewn City who isn't to say there is another ancient dragon stalking those lands and fighting against the emperors? It could be for their own gain or something long since forgotten to their kind that the Lightweaver told them. I do believe if these dead dragons were not destroyed that these numbers would overtake the lands of Sornith. Every dragon would be in danger, but that hasn't happened, so there has to be something in there keeping it at bay. I would really like some eldritch horror coming from in Hewn City. I would think wingless with many legs. Like a basilisk, but also not? Something in similar appearance to the Lightweaver where there are many antenna and offshoots of leathery hide. Since there is no light it would also make sense if this dragon had a form of biouminescence, but in return have poor eyesight, thus being adapted into the environment of Hewn City. Both ancients we have seen have looked quite similar to their deity. I wouldn't doubt this one would look just as similar. These dragons would have been the original inhabitants of Hewn City that had their home run down by this fowl undead. It would make sense to why we haven't ever seen these dragons either.
PITT BULL DRAGON PITT BULL DRAGON
Look, I am but a simple creature and if I saw something that was short legged and wide and looked like a dog. yes.

On a more serious note, I really want something terrifying to come out of Hewn City (This is a city in the Light Flight.)
Quote:
A ruined, skeletal landscape of shattered structures, gripped by a shade that boggles even the Light dragonflight's most studious archaeologists. In this broken city lay secrets that are too mysterious to unearth, and even the bravest dragons are given pause when approaching its haunted outskirts.

Although I am aware that it won't be the undead imperials, I do think there is something even more haunting lurking in that permanent darkness. This is why the lore given for the Light Flight will always be my favorite. Seeing as banes and gaolers followed their short stories in the bounty of elements, I would not doubt something will follow Light too.
The Lightweaver has specifically stated the imperials were a mistake because they ended up becoming undead monsters, however if imperials go there to die then think about how many undead imperials are actually there by now. With imps being the largest species of dragon to date, they would be a mighty force when becoming an emperor. Now, if nobody actively stays in Hewn City who isn't to say there is another ancient dragon stalking those lands and fighting against the emperors? It could be for their own gain or something long since forgotten to their kind that the Lightweaver told them. I do believe if these dead dragons were not destroyed that these numbers would overtake the lands of Sornith. Every dragon would be in danger, but that hasn't happened, so there has to be something in there keeping it at bay.

I would really like some eldritch horror coming from in Hewn City. I would think wingless with many legs. Like a basilisk, but also not? Something in similar appearance to the Lightweaver where there are many antenna and offshoots of leathery hide. Since there is no light it would also make sense if this dragon had a form of biouminescence, but in return have poor eyesight, thus being adapted into the environment of Hewn City.

Both ancients we have seen have looked quite similar to their deity. I wouldn't doubt this one would look just as similar. These dragons would have been the original inhabitants of Hewn City that had their home run down by this fowl undead. It would make sense to why we haven't ever seen these dragons either.
hu72dVR.png
Crustacean dragonsssss

Like a chasmfiend, but more dragon like
(Look it up)
They need crab claws and tails and mouth claws

Also they should be from some random flight to make them cooler, like lightning or ice. Maybe they can be ancients?

A thing you need to think about with ancients is that you can't make them too special or you can't add cool tertiary genes... so like no fins? THEY COULD BE FLUFFY HWJNSH
Crustacean dragonsssss

Like a chasmfiend, but more dragon like
(Look it up)
They need crab claws and tails and mouth claws

Also they should be from some random flight to make them cooler, like lightning or ice. Maybe they can be ancients?

A thing you need to think about with ancients is that you can't make them too special or you can't add cool tertiary genes... so like no fins? THEY COULD BE FLUFFY HWJNSH
[quote name="Astyrra" date="2020-09-16 08:21:58" ] I've posted this before, but this is my concept for a water ancient: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/29cb149c152a97b7e56880dbe7929a0b/0c03e4660f6444a9-33/s2048x3072/63e96923fb52720f24a03426cae756ebb9dcef0b.png[/img] It's based on seals/whales/manta rays. I wanted something that could be a big cute boi, but also an enormous terrifying sea beast [/quote] i greatly enjoy blob dragon
Astyrra wrote on 2020-09-16 08:21:58:
I've posted this before, but this is my concept for a water ancient:

63e96923fb52720f24a03426cae756ebb9dcef0b.png

It's based on seals/whales/manta rays. I wanted something that could be a big cute boi, but also an enormous terrifying sea beast
i greatly enjoy blob dragon
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
Fairy armadillo dragon

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2556019

Lots doodles in the thread
Fairy armadillo dragon

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2556019

Lots doodles in the thread
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/SpottedSalamander.jpg/220px-SpottedSalamander.jpg[/img] SALAMANDER DRAGON SALAMANDER DRAGON SAL- [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/pacificrim/images/0/06/Otachi_Concept.jpg[/img] [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/pacificrim/images/8/84/Pacific_rim_slattern.jpg[/img] PACIFIC RIM KAIJU PACIFIC RIM KAIJU PACIFIC RIM KAIJU (otachi in particular but like, ALL of them but with wings) May or may not ocme back to this thread later with sketches
220px-SpottedSalamander.jpg
SALAMANDER DRAGON SALAMANDER DRAGON SAL-

Otachi_Concept.jpg
Pacific_rim_slattern.jpg
PACIFIC RIM KAIJU PACIFIC RIM KAIJU PACIFIC RIM KAIJU
(otachi in particular but like, ALL of them but with wings)

May or may not ocme back to this thread later with sketches
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
Can I bring up how amazing somewhat translucent dragons would be for a water breed? You expect this mammoth-scaled monstrosity to rise like Cthulhu from the depths with the Tidelord, but what if he brings something like Subnautica's Ghost Leviathan with him? Those things already scare me enough in the game.

Like, Windsinger's crescendo changing directions caused mass destruction for Water. Perhaps Tidedad left to get his toughest kids and comes back going "This is why you don't mess with our water!" or it just unearths these guys and they're like "Uh, who messed up the currents? Who threw all this debris into our home? Who done it?"

In short, most people say lots of fins and thick plates, or something small and dainty. Maybe big glider bois. But it's fun to consider just how scary a translucent sea critter can be (and just how many of them are in deeper waters like heck). Translucent sea sneks for the win. Likely not gonna happen though because "You can see the inside and that's too scary." But still. Cool concept. Not gonna post ghost leviathan pics here to be on the safe side, but still.
Can I bring up how amazing somewhat translucent dragons would be for a water breed? You expect this mammoth-scaled monstrosity to rise like Cthulhu from the depths with the Tidelord, but what if he brings something like Subnautica's Ghost Leviathan with him? Those things already scare me enough in the game.

Like, Windsinger's crescendo changing directions caused mass destruction for Water. Perhaps Tidedad left to get his toughest kids and comes back going "This is why you don't mess with our water!" or it just unearths these guys and they're like "Uh, who messed up the currents? Who threw all this debris into our home? Who done it?"

In short, most people say lots of fins and thick plates, or something small and dainty. Maybe big glider bois. But it's fun to consider just how scary a translucent sea critter can be (and just how many of them are in deeper waters like heck). Translucent sea sneks for the win. Likely not gonna happen though because "You can see the inside and that's too scary." But still. Cool concept. Not gonna post ghost leviathan pics here to be on the safe side, but still.
1ulURsc.gif

sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
whales with wings . maybe some stubby lil arms while youre at it
whales with wings . maybe some stubby lil arms while youre at it

____babab__aebe_
Vista: Bisexual Ribbon Vista: Genderfluid Ribbon
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/8a/04/ae8a04ea8e80b9f1d0e90de1d366356e.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f2/b4/29/f2b4295fc96925ea7ea4a7af206a5099.jpg[/img] [img]https://images.radio.com/wlmgfm/BlueDragon-getty.jpg[/img]
ae8a04ea8e80b9f1d0e90de1d366356e.jpg

f2b4295fc96925ea7ea4a7af206a5099.jpg

BlueDragon-getty.jpg

Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
Oh, plant dragon would be cool. Those would be great ancients because they could go nuts with terts like blossom.
Oh, plant dragon would be cool. Those would be great ancients because they could go nuts with terts like blossom.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
1 2 3 4 5 6