Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ranking the flights
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
1. Wind
I'm here now and I'm not leaving this flight for a while since I just really like the flight and the aesthetic, also the corgis. I like corgis so much, also wind primals are my favorite out of all the rest of the primals. Noodledad is best.
2. Plague
If I wasn't in the above flight I would probably be in Plague, they seem cool especially with the lore about them. Also they seem to have good soup.
3. Fire
I really like fire, it's something I've never been afraid of as I've always thought of fire to be warm and inviting. The aesthetic just seems good to me. Also the Fire holiday is in the same month as my birthday. Also Banescales originate from this flight and I really like Banescales as they're my favorite ancient.
4. Lightning
I really like their primal eyes and the blue colors of the rest of their eyes. Also Ridgebacks are cool. Their aesthetic is a bit different than Wind's but they are very technology focused and I like that. Also spreadsheets.
5. Ice
Also have cool primals, their deity is really fluffy, and the Crystalline Gala skins are gorgeous. Gaolers originate from this flight and they're my second favorite ancient.
6. Earth
They have a good enough aesthetic and good dominance programs as well, plus geology is a good science.
7. Nature
The green tones seem a bit calming to me, though since they are opposed to the Plague Flight in lore that is why I have them so low on my list.
8. Shadow
The primal eyes of this flight are a bit too creepy to me, and yes purple is one of my favorite colors but I don't really like the aesthetic of this flight.
9. Arcane
Space is good and for that I maybe would join Arcane if I didn't have any other options since they do have a rather spacey aesthetic, but I wouldn't like having to look at a pink flight symbol every time I logged on to FR, as pink isn't one of my favorite colors so the flight's not for me.
10. Water
Sure I do like the blue color, but Tidelord's still missing in the lore. They don't have a deity that's not missing, and I don't think I would like being in this flight that much since water isn't one of my favorite elements. Though they do have seers, and the scrying workshop is located here.
11. Light
Never joining this flight, it's a bit too bright to me. I have considered joining this flight in the past but just briefly, ever since I decided that the aesthetic wasn't for me it has been the lowest flight I would want to join.
1. Wind
I'm here now and I'm not leaving this flight for a while since I just really like the flight and the aesthetic, also the corgis. I like corgis so much, also wind primals are my favorite out of all the rest of the primals. Noodledad is best.
2. Plague
If I wasn't in the above flight I would probably be in Plague, they seem cool especially with the lore about them. Also they seem to have good soup.
3. Fire
I really like fire, it's something I've never been afraid of as I've always thought of fire to be warm and inviting. The aesthetic just seems good to me. Also the Fire holiday is in the same month as my birthday. Also Banescales originate from this flight and I really like Banescales as they're my favorite ancient.
4. Lightning
I really like their primal eyes and the blue colors of the rest of their eyes. Also Ridgebacks are cool. Their aesthetic is a bit different than Wind's but they are very technology focused and I like that. Also spreadsheets.
5. Ice
Also have cool primals, their deity is really fluffy, and the Crystalline Gala skins are gorgeous. Gaolers originate from this flight and they're my second favorite ancient.
6. Earth
They have a good enough aesthetic and good dominance programs as well, plus geology is a good science.
7. Nature
The green tones seem a bit calming to me, though since they are opposed to the Plague Flight in lore that is why I have them so low on my list.
8. Shadow
The primal eyes of this flight are a bit too creepy to me, and yes purple is one of my favorite colors but I don't really like the aesthetic of this flight.
9. Arcane
Space is good and for that I maybe would join Arcane if I didn't have any other options since they do have a rather spacey aesthetic, but I wouldn't like having to look at a pink flight symbol every time I logged on to FR, as pink isn't one of my favorite colors so the flight's not for me.
10. Water
Sure I do like the blue color, but Tidelord's still missing in the lore. They don't have a deity that's not missing, and I don't think I would like being in this flight that much since water isn't one of my favorite elements. Though they do have seers, and the scrying workshop is located here.
11. Light
Never joining this flight, it's a bit too bright to me. I have considered joining this flight in the past but just briefly, ever since I decided that the aesthetic wasn't for me it has been the lowest flight I would want to join.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
I like most flights here. I’ll try to give my reasoning for why.

Lightning: Bossdad is my spirit animal, I like the cyan color, neat eyes (and my favorite primal), neat apparel, not really the best for lore but I’m afraid to move in case I regret it.
Plague: My sister lives there, I hc that the Plaguebringer and Stormcatcher are friends, I admire the possibilities of Plague lore, red eyes look better than cyan eyes, Mirrors are my second favorite breed, the primal is awesome, they have some of the best fest skins and I am jealous.
Wind: I think Wind is just cute overall. Pretty exalt pillars, an adorable deity, and from what I’ve heard the community is really nice. Plus, for someone whose lore focuses on moving around a lot, I feel like Wind would be another great choice for me.
Fire: Good vibes. The element you think of when you think of dragons. Hell yeah.
Earth: Dominance.
Light: I would only move to Light for capitalism reasons. Their aesthetic is by far he most popular. I have a secret dream of hawking Light fest items and then selling it back at higher price.

Now, we get to the flights I’m less likely to move to, but I’ll still try to give positives for them.

Nature: I appreciate the connection to Plague, but Wildclaws are expensive and I don’t know enough about plants. Nature is scary though, so I definitely respect the flight. Y’all are the other side of a coin for a reason, because in the untamed wild, being eaten is the least worst thing that can happen to you.
Ice: Ice is actually a pretty cool flight. They have Gaolers, some of the best apparel in my opinion, and some really nice eyes. But, I personally dislike being cold, and the Southern Icefield is an island, which does not bode well for my lore.
Water: I love how we’ll never be fully sure about what lives in the oceans, so the Water flight definitely have some potential for creepy lore. They also have beautiful blue eyes. Unfortunately, their deity is missing. Sorry y’all.
Shadow: They have my second favorite primal, and that’s it for my likes. I’m just not much a fan of the whole aesthetic. Don’t know why, I like the color purple, but they don’t give off the best vibes to me.
Arcane: Too bright. Much too bright. I’m not much a fan of sparkles, and apparently that’s their aesthetic. Also, Arcane is Lightning’s natural enemy. Somehow I keep ending up with Arcane dragons in my hibden, and I don’t know why.
I like most flights here. I’ll try to give my reasoning for why.

Lightning: Bossdad is my spirit animal, I like the cyan color, neat eyes (and my favorite primal), neat apparel, not really the best for lore but I’m afraid to move in case I regret it.
Plague: My sister lives there, I hc that the Plaguebringer and Stormcatcher are friends, I admire the possibilities of Plague lore, red eyes look better than cyan eyes, Mirrors are my second favorite breed, the primal is awesome, they have some of the best fest skins and I am jealous.
Wind: I think Wind is just cute overall. Pretty exalt pillars, an adorable deity, and from what I’ve heard the community is really nice. Plus, for someone whose lore focuses on moving around a lot, I feel like Wind would be another great choice for me.
Fire: Good vibes. The element you think of when you think of dragons. Hell yeah.
Earth: Dominance.
Light: I would only move to Light for capitalism reasons. Their aesthetic is by far he most popular. I have a secret dream of hawking Light fest items and then selling it back at higher price.

Now, we get to the flights I’m less likely to move to, but I’ll still try to give positives for them.

Nature: I appreciate the connection to Plague, but Wildclaws are expensive and I don’t know enough about plants. Nature is scary though, so I definitely respect the flight. Y’all are the other side of a coin for a reason, because in the untamed wild, being eaten is the least worst thing that can happen to you.
Ice: Ice is actually a pretty cool flight. They have Gaolers, some of the best apparel in my opinion, and some really nice eyes. But, I personally dislike being cold, and the Southern Icefield is an island, which does not bode well for my lore.
Water: I love how we’ll never be fully sure about what lives in the oceans, so the Water flight definitely have some potential for creepy lore. They also have beautiful blue eyes. Unfortunately, their deity is missing. Sorry y’all.
Shadow: They have my second favorite primal, and that’s it for my likes. I’m just not much a fan of the whole aesthetic. Don’t know why, I like the color purple, but they don’t give off the best vibes to me.
Arcane: Too bright. Much too bright. I’m not much a fan of sparkles, and apparently that’s their aesthetic. Also, Arcane is Lightning’s natural enemy. Somehow I keep ending up with Arcane dragons in my hibden, and I don’t know why.
T7Qk8Sh.pngBVq8q9P.pngtj85yjR.pngnGvTyg3.pngAf2FgF8.png
1. Arcane
Have to be loyal to my home flight. Lots of good memories, like the magic. interchangeable with lightning or maybe ice

2. Lightning
I love the colors & eyes: the “get to work” joke is me irl, and the boss man’s lil insect legs get me every time

3. ice
Festival takes place during my birth month, primal eyes are to die for, love the general chilly aesthetic

4. Light
Love the architecture and the apparel, but not a big fan of the primals

5. Water
i love swimming, so this is naturally ranked relatively high: however i dont have any strong opinions on it so it’s lower than, say, ice

6. Shadow / Nature
True neutral, i guess. I don’t really have any strong opinions on them

7. Plague / Fire
I like the disease aesthetic, but i don’t like the terrain. It’s just too much for me. Other than that, no real opinions. Same goes for fire: i like the aesthetic, but not the terrain

8. Earth
It just feels kinda... barren,,, and bland,,, i love earth, don’t get me wrong, but... i like vibrant colors and earth just isn’t doing it for me. Also, not a big fan of the festival apparel

9. Wind
I used to be neutral about wind but an ex-friend who i have bad blood with moved there, and i just get a sickened feeling whenever i think about it
1. Arcane
Have to be loyal to my home flight. Lots of good memories, like the magic. interchangeable with lightning or maybe ice

2. Lightning
I love the colors & eyes: the “get to work” joke is me irl, and the boss man’s lil insect legs get me every time

3. ice
Festival takes place during my birth month, primal eyes are to die for, love the general chilly aesthetic

4. Light
Love the architecture and the apparel, but not a big fan of the primals

5. Water
i love swimming, so this is naturally ranked relatively high: however i dont have any strong opinions on it so it’s lower than, say, ice

6. Shadow / Nature
True neutral, i guess. I don’t really have any strong opinions on them

7. Plague / Fire
I like the disease aesthetic, but i don’t like the terrain. It’s just too much for me. Other than that, no real opinions. Same goes for fire: i like the aesthetic, but not the terrain

8. Earth
It just feels kinda... barren,,, and bland,,, i love earth, don’t get me wrong, but... i like vibrant colors and earth just isn’t doing it for me. Also, not a big fan of the festival apparel

9. Wind
I used to be neutral about wind but an ex-friend who i have bad blood with moved there, and i just get a sickened feeling whenever i think about it
CAPTAIN / CPTN
tumblr_inline_nj2bxhyBSy1rkfucz.png 2rWR3yh.png
ll0CfnD.png
FObX7rS.png
XC93sMs.png
XmHV7tO.png
ePOliyb.png
Check out my Flight Rising Family!
fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png Mist
fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png Larsss
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Daychorus
[quote name="Janette" date="2020-07-30 14:17:26" ] Wind would be my last choice because it's infested with weebs. [/quote] [img]http://cdn.lowgif.com/full/159d7a4fd422d489-meme-black-guy-gif-black-funny-memes-best-of-the-best.gif[/img] Jokes aside (and no actual hard feelings @/janette ksdjfhjsdkg) my ranking would be mostly based on aesthetics and lore; I don't do much breeding so eye type is irrelevant, and I don't engage too much within the community either, though I do have a special place in my heart for other windies. [b]Wind[/b] - best aesthetic [b]Earth[/b] - my starter flight, back when I joined in 2013!! very sentimental [b]Arcane, Shadow, Light, Nature[/b] - very good aesthetics [b]Ice[/b] - was there for a long time, don't really like the aesthetic much anymore but hey, it was home for a while [b]Fire, Water[/b] Water's seer aesthetic is cool but I'm not super impressed with the biomes and their art? Same thing with Fire, lore is good but location is eh. Flamecaller is probably my favorite diety design, though. [b]Lightning[/b] idk dude the aesthetic just doesn't do it for me. [b]Plague[/b] IDK DUDE I'm not even grossed out by plague's aesthetics it just feels,, embarrassingly edgy*?? I would've loved it when I was in my middle school goth phase. Plaguebringer is a great design tho * - purely speaking on aesthetics and not the community, plague folks are by and large one of the friendliest in my experience
Janette wrote on 2020-07-30 14:17:26:
Wind would be my last choice because it's infested with weebs.

159d7a4fd422d489-meme-black-guy-gif-black-funny-memes-best-of-the-best.gif

Jokes aside (and no actual hard feelings @/janette ksdjfhjsdkg) my ranking would be mostly based on aesthetics and lore; I don't do much breeding so eye type is irrelevant, and I don't engage too much within the community either, though I do have a special place in my heart for other windies.

Wind - best aesthetic
Earth - my starter flight, back when I joined in 2013!! very sentimental
Arcane, Shadow, Light, Nature - very good aesthetics
Ice - was there for a long time, don't really like the aesthetic much anymore but hey, it was home for a while
Fire, Water Water's seer aesthetic is cool but I'm not super impressed with the biomes and their art? Same thing with Fire, lore is good but location is eh. Flamecaller is probably my favorite diety design, though.
Lightning idk dude the aesthetic just doesn't do it for me.
Plague IDK DUDE I'm not even grossed out by plague's aesthetics it just feels,, embarrassingly edgy*?? I would've loved it when I was in my middle school goth phase. Plaguebringer is a great design tho

* - purely speaking on aesthetics and not the community, plague folks are by and large one of the friendliest in my experience
Die of Bargaining julien
. they/them
. sapphic
. witch
. avatar
My rank list is going to be solely on the flights' aesthetics. I don't follow what the communities are like, nor would that matter to me if I really wanted to switch.

Lightning (My original flight. Never changed. Never will. SCIENCE!)
Ice (I LOVE anything to do with ice. This was my second choice when I joined.)
Plague (I'm very interested in infectious disease.)
Shadow (I love the gambling/games part of their festival.)
Light (I like the "knowledge quest" part of the flight.)
Arcane (I like the zodiac/stars part.)
Fire (I find fire interesting, but not as much as other elements.)
Nature (Too green. But I love animals, so I'll rank it above some others.)
Wind (I don't like the color or the balloon/kite stuff.)
Water (I hate water in general. Being wet is one of my biggest sensory issues.)
Earth (I just find the aesthetic boring.)
My rank list is going to be solely on the flights' aesthetics. I don't follow what the communities are like, nor would that matter to me if I really wanted to switch.

Lightning (My original flight. Never changed. Never will. SCIENCE!)
Ice (I LOVE anything to do with ice. This was my second choice when I joined.)
Plague (I'm very interested in infectious disease.)
Shadow (I love the gambling/games part of their festival.)
Light (I like the "knowledge quest" part of the flight.)
Arcane (I like the zodiac/stars part.)
Fire (I find fire interesting, but not as much as other elements.)
Nature (Too green. But I love animals, so I'll rank it above some others.)
Wind (I don't like the color or the balloon/kite stuff.)
Water (I hate water in general. Being wet is one of my biggest sensory issues.)
Earth (I just find the aesthetic boring.)
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png

Earth: joined day one and have rarely looked back, it’s such a small community and it’s very lovely! Very peaceful (a bit too quiet though, earth forums are very inactive).

Wind: i want to be with all the happy puppies in the ballpit ;-; I want a cool noodle dad too, notice me noodle dad

Shade: make it happen. Please. I want to consume everything and cause chaos. I want to ally myself with a cosmic horror. Please ;-;

Shadow: i just like being on the “evil side”.

Water: i want to be apart of whatever big thing they’re planning with the tidelord (if anything XD) (legit i’m 99% certain they just lost the password to the account and for some reason cant get it back)

Fire: they remind me of bionicles and Ta matoran, also i want to spread fire everywhere and be a creature of chaos. I’m australian so heat comes naturally to me ^_^

Lightning: I would only be there for the memes tbh, eyes look alright tho!

Arcane: as much as i love the headcanon of arcanist being fatherly and very loving, i’m not THAT big into astrology and such, it would be a good place for lore tho...
Also i love their primal eyes!

Light: I’m not big on the vibe there and just not a big fan of being in the ‘good guy’ club, even if that’s not what it is in fr. Though i imagine the community would be fun to be around!

Nature: i literally keep forgetting they exist, not because i dislike em or anything! Just idk i’m not into gardening very much, but the community i imagine is probably really nice and chill. I just imagine they post their gardens there and everyone gives them advice and then that one guy tries to upstage them with their garden and immediately it’s a decade long war of ‘my garden is better than your’s’ ‘no my garden is better’ ‘no-‘ until the op finally closes the post to avoid further drama.

Ice: would love to be there because of the eyes, but everything there does not match my aesthetic :( Also it just gives me some bad vibes- but i love the idea of the flight in general with the scp stuff. There’s probs heaps of scp fans there *-*

Plague: i’ve heard a lot of bad things from there, but I absolutely adore the idea and concept of plague but i’m very very bad with confrontation or aggression :( Maybe if i didnt touch the forums it would be fine ^_^’
(I dont deny there would be a lot of nice people there though!)

Earth: joined day one and have rarely looked back, it’s such a small community and it’s very lovely! Very peaceful (a bit too quiet though, earth forums are very inactive).

Wind: i want to be with all the happy puppies in the ballpit ;-; I want a cool noodle dad too, notice me noodle dad

Shade: make it happen. Please. I want to consume everything and cause chaos. I want to ally myself with a cosmic horror. Please ;-;

Shadow: i just like being on the “evil side”.

Water: i want to be apart of whatever big thing they’re planning with the tidelord (if anything XD) (legit i’m 99% certain they just lost the password to the account and for some reason cant get it back)

Fire: they remind me of bionicles and Ta matoran, also i want to spread fire everywhere and be a creature of chaos. I’m australian so heat comes naturally to me ^_^

Lightning: I would only be there for the memes tbh, eyes look alright tho!

Arcane: as much as i love the headcanon of arcanist being fatherly and very loving, i’m not THAT big into astrology and such, it would be a good place for lore tho...
Also i love their primal eyes!

Light: I’m not big on the vibe there and just not a big fan of being in the ‘good guy’ club, even if that’s not what it is in fr. Though i imagine the community would be fun to be around!

Nature: i literally keep forgetting they exist, not because i dislike em or anything! Just idk i’m not into gardening very much, but the community i imagine is probably really nice and chill. I just imagine they post their gardens there and everyone gives them advice and then that one guy tries to upstage them with their garden and immediately it’s a decade long war of ‘my garden is better than your’s’ ‘no my garden is better’ ‘no-‘ until the op finally closes the post to avoid further drama.

Ice: would love to be there because of the eyes, but everything there does not match my aesthetic :( Also it just gives me some bad vibes- but i love the idea of the flight in general with the scp stuff. There’s probs heaps of scp fans there *-*

Plague: i’ve heard a lot of bad things from there, but I absolutely adore the idea and concept of plague but i’m very very bad with confrontation or aggression :( Maybe if i didnt touch the forums it would be fine ^_^’
(I dont deny there would be a lot of nice people there though!)

..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Nature: Plant

Ice: Too cold

Earth: Too much dirt

Fire: Too hot

Plague: The ground is made of flesh

Light: Too bright

Shadow: Too dark

Lightning: I hate getting electric shocks

Wind: Cow farts

Arcane: Too much pink and glitter

Water: Their god even bailed on them
Nature: Plant

Ice: Too cold

Earth: Too much dirt

Fire: Too hot

Plague: The ground is made of flesh

Light: Too bright

Shadow: Too dark

Lightning: I hate getting electric shocks

Wind: Cow farts

Arcane: Too much pink and glitter

Water: Their god even bailed on them
91741235.png77876607.png
1. Earth. Best god, rocks, shiny things, skeletons, etc. 10/10 for rock flight.

2. Water. Duh. Every aesthetic from happy beaches to the horrors of the deep. Considering that the only other joke about Water is that it doesn’t exist, Tidelord’s disappearance is the best thing that happened to the flight. As soon as Tidedad comes back, we’ll fade back into obscurity. Water tribe.

3. Fire. Classic dragon, baby.

4. Ice. The land version of water, complete with distant god. Also contains horrors of the deep, but on land. Fluffy things live here.

5. Wind. The only reason why it’s green is because the other two blues were taken but it works. Everybody loves a traveling minstrel.

6. Plague. Microbiology and a e s t h e t i c. Also, free soup if you’re not a coward.

7. Arcane. Pink science.

8. Lightning. Add a dash of wires, metal, and screaming, you’ve got the lightning flight. Complete with dragons, robots, and robot dragons.

9. Nature. Are they fierce Druidic warriors or flower wearing hippies? No one can decide. Pretty flowers all year round.

10. Light. Staring at Lightweaver too long will probably blind you.

11. Shadow. Looks edgy, but actually just full of mushrooms.
1. Earth. Best god, rocks, shiny things, skeletons, etc. 10/10 for rock flight.

2. Water. Duh. Every aesthetic from happy beaches to the horrors of the deep. Considering that the only other joke about Water is that it doesn’t exist, Tidelord’s disappearance is the best thing that happened to the flight. As soon as Tidedad comes back, we’ll fade back into obscurity. Water tribe.

3. Fire. Classic dragon, baby.

4. Ice. The land version of water, complete with distant god. Also contains horrors of the deep, but on land. Fluffy things live here.

5. Wind. The only reason why it’s green is because the other two blues were taken but it works. Everybody loves a traveling minstrel.

6. Plague. Microbiology and a e s t h e t i c. Also, free soup if you’re not a coward.

7. Arcane. Pink science.

8. Lightning. Add a dash of wires, metal, and screaming, you’ve got the lightning flight. Complete with dragons, robots, and robot dragons.

9. Nature. Are they fierce Druidic warriors or flower wearing hippies? No one can decide. Pretty flowers all year round.

10. Light. Staring at Lightweaver too long will probably blind you.

11. Shadow. Looks edgy, but actually just full of mushrooms.
7hN3sEu.png
Updated with more data. It is so fun to see how things shift. (60 entires) [img]https://i.postimg.cc/HkxGhGPj/Screenshot-8.png[/img]
Updated with more data. It is so fun to see how things shift.

(60 entires)
Screenshot-8.png
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I’m in Earth and I like it here, it’s my starting flight and I don’t plan on switching. But if I did, my preferences are:
1. Fire
2. Shadow
3. Nature
4. Lightning
5. Ice
6. Light
7. Arcane
8. Wind
9. Plague
10. Water
I’m in Earth and I like it here, it’s my starting flight and I don’t plan on switching. But if I did, my preferences are:
1. Fire
2. Shadow
3. Nature
4. Lightning
5. Ice
6. Light
7. Arcane
8. Wind
9. Plague
10. Water
1b82b988bb765cc205b1929d59a834f02c6e137a.png
bYt72YT.pngLRdLP2V.pngjI9KbMj.pngUdd22Jj.pngQQYyU47.pngJ7D1quC.png