Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ranking the flights
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
so, as with everyone, obviously this is entirely based on my own personal style, but...

S-Tier
nature:
special competition "bye" due to it being in my personal contract that if there's a plant faction i just Gotta. I joined as Nature and I'll never leave. (...never leave but always leaf.)

A-Tier
light: perpetually elegant knowledge-seekers in a timeless landscape that hides a history as cursed as it is ancient? nice. plus, the eyes would work with even more of my pairs than Nature's do.
shadow: this flight's lore is honestly my heartsong; I've made it so my clan has heavy scary fairy vibes with its lore, but Shadow has that all built in. love a good glowing mushroom too. honestly I'd have moved there by now if I didn't..... dislike purple that isn't very light/dark. womp womp.
earth: after the BotE update, this flight has my overall favorite eyes—even more so now that i've gotten into dragons in brown and swampy shades. it also seems to have a really solid community (including my wife!).

B-Tier
wind: light green is my favorite color; also the flight has my favorite deity design. the lore isn't really my vibe though.
plague: sister flight! way less my aesthetic than Nature is, and the red eyes would really throw a wrench into my breeding pairs, but Plaguelings are just. really cool people. big lesbian energy, too.

C-Tier
ice: very flexible eye color to work with. wardens of ancient evil are neat.
arcane: honestly one of my favorite lore flights on the site, and the one that I at least initially thought would be the best match for my personality (intellectual curiosity and an affinity for the strange). ultimately, though, the pink eyes are hard to work with, and other flights have since eclipsed Arcane in how connected I feel to their lore.

D-Tier
Lightning: the eyes are real pretty...... and the lore is literally the extreme polar opposite of my aesthetic.
Fire: no personal connection to the lore or the aesthetic. flamemom is a certified hottie, though. (/rimshot.)
Water: the oracular angle and the mysterious nature of the Tidelord are both really neat, but I don't like sapphire blue as a color at all, and that alone ensures water is at the bottom of my list.
so, as with everyone, obviously this is entirely based on my own personal style, but...

S-Tier
nature:
special competition "bye" due to it being in my personal contract that if there's a plant faction i just Gotta. I joined as Nature and I'll never leave. (...never leave but always leaf.)

A-Tier
light: perpetually elegant knowledge-seekers in a timeless landscape that hides a history as cursed as it is ancient? nice. plus, the eyes would work with even more of my pairs than Nature's do.
shadow: this flight's lore is honestly my heartsong; I've made it so my clan has heavy scary fairy vibes with its lore, but Shadow has that all built in. love a good glowing mushroom too. honestly I'd have moved there by now if I didn't..... dislike purple that isn't very light/dark. womp womp.
earth: after the BotE update, this flight has my overall favorite eyes—even more so now that i've gotten into dragons in brown and swampy shades. it also seems to have a really solid community (including my wife!).

B-Tier
wind: light green is my favorite color; also the flight has my favorite deity design. the lore isn't really my vibe though.
plague: sister flight! way less my aesthetic than Nature is, and the red eyes would really throw a wrench into my breeding pairs, but Plaguelings are just. really cool people. big lesbian energy, too.

C-Tier
ice: very flexible eye color to work with. wardens of ancient evil are neat.
arcane: honestly one of my favorite lore flights on the site, and the one that I at least initially thought would be the best match for my personality (intellectual curiosity and an affinity for the strange). ultimately, though, the pink eyes are hard to work with, and other flights have since eclipsed Arcane in how connected I feel to their lore.

D-Tier
Lightning: the eyes are real pretty...... and the lore is literally the extreme polar opposite of my aesthetic.
Fire: no personal connection to the lore or the aesthetic. flamemom is a certified hottie, though. (/rimshot.)
Water: the oracular angle and the mysterious nature of the Tidelord are both really neat, but I don't like sapphire blue as a color at all, and that alone ensures water is at the bottom of my list.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
1. Plague
Plague was my original flight, and I'm still there, not gonna switch anytime soon (probably). I'll most likely stay in plague since my lore has nothiing to do with FR lore. Also the whole blood, body horror and death are just a perfect aesthetic for me, and Plaguebringer is one of my favourite deities. Also, in my opinion, plague has one of the best (if not the best) primal eyes.

2. Lightning
I love the aesthetic, I' just really into mechanic things and steampunk-like stuff. I'm impatiently waiting for Thundercrack Carnivale 2021! Also the deity is cool, too.

3. Shadow
Dark stuff is sort of my aesthetic, I'd say? The primal eyes are my thing, too.

4. Light
I like light for the primal eyes and festival apparel. I have some angel OCs in my lair, so I might be mass-buying light-themed stuff for my dragons :')
5. Water
Some water aesthetics are really neat, but nothing really besides that.

6. Fire
Like with the Wate Flight, aesthetics are nice but nothing much besides that.

7. Ice
No opinion.

8. Arcane
No opinion. Before joining FR, I have never encountered similar element before, I'm just new with it. The pink isn't really a think for me, too, but I know that some people like it.
9. Nature
Not a huge fan of aesthetic, the primal eyes aren't that good for me, too.

10. Wind
Wind has some positive energy and I don't really like that. Plus I don't really like the bright green eyes (though spirals and skydancers are one of my favourite breeds, how ironic).

11. Earth
Not a fan of the deity's design, neither a fan of primal eyes or the eyes in general. Earth is just not for me.
1. Plague
Plague was my original flight, and I'm still there, not gonna switch anytime soon (probably). I'll most likely stay in plague since my lore has nothiing to do with FR lore. Also the whole blood, body horror and death are just a perfect aesthetic for me, and Plaguebringer is one of my favourite deities. Also, in my opinion, plague has one of the best (if not the best) primal eyes.

2. Lightning
I love the aesthetic, I' just really into mechanic things and steampunk-like stuff. I'm impatiently waiting for Thundercrack Carnivale 2021! Also the deity is cool, too.

3. Shadow
Dark stuff is sort of my aesthetic, I'd say? The primal eyes are my thing, too.

4. Light
I like light for the primal eyes and festival apparel. I have some angel OCs in my lair, so I might be mass-buying light-themed stuff for my dragons :')
5. Water
Some water aesthetics are really neat, but nothing really besides that.

6. Fire
Like with the Wate Flight, aesthetics are nice but nothing much besides that.

7. Ice
No opinion.

8. Arcane
No opinion. Before joining FR, I have never encountered similar element before, I'm just new with it. The pink isn't really a think for me, too, but I know that some people like it.
9. Nature
Not a huge fan of aesthetic, the primal eyes aren't that good for me, too.

10. Wind
Wind has some positive energy and I don't really like that. Plus I don't really like the bright green eyes (though spirals and skydancers are one of my favourite breeds, how ironic).

11. Earth
Not a fan of the deity's design, neither a fan of primal eyes or the eyes in general. Earth is just not for me.
1vAtYxM.png
ePOliyb.png
HdmxfuE.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
IMG_6995.png 4ogWlJU.png
o4KdtaP.png
oClJnAg.png
[center][emoji=plague rune size=1][emoji=earth rune size=1][emoji=nature rune size=1][emoji=fire rune size=1][emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=shadow rune size=1][emoji=ice rune size=1][emoji=arcane rune size=1][emoji=water rune size=1][emoji=lightning rune size=1] based on how likely id be to switch to that flight (most to least), almost only based on lore reasons, and then aesthetic.[/center]

based on how likely id be to switch to that flight (most to least), almost only based on lore reasons, and then aesthetic.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

1. earth: previous flight; chill community, good dom, nice aesthetics, nice people, but primal eyes... no thank you
  2. light: current flight; very nice people, not sure about dom yet, cool lore, good aesthetics, meme primal!
  3. ice
  4. fire
  5. wind
  6. nature
  7. arcane
  8. lightning
  9. water
  10. shadow
  11. plague
  1. earth: previous flight; chill community, good dom, nice aesthetics, nice people, but primal eyes... no thank you
  2. light: current flight; very nice people, not sure about dom yet, cool lore, good aesthetics, meme primal!
  3. ice
  4. fire
  5. wind
  6. nature
  7. arcane
  8. lightning
  9. water
  10. shadow
  11. plague
art shop
oc sales

wishlist

arius
fr+3
(they/them)

kais
[/indent][/indent]
1. Light
Current and favorite flight, love the eyes and lore, plus dom team is amazing!

2. Arcane
First flight but I love the aesthetic and the color.

3. Earth
I don't know why but I just love Earth, I love the color and the small community.

4. Ice
I really like the eyes on dergs and the icy aesthetic feel of it!

5. Wind
Seems really cute.

6. Nature
Close to wind but I kinda get aggressive vibes from there.

7. Fire
Love the orange and the dom team.

8. Lightning
I like how bold the eyes are and how well they go with matchy pairs.

9. Shadow
I love the shadow egg but otherwise is scary.

10. Water
I don't hate or love them but sympathies for their late deity T-T

11. Plague
I do not like gore and the eyes aren't for me.
1. Light
Current and favorite flight, love the eyes and lore, plus dom team is amazing!

2. Arcane
First flight but I love the aesthetic and the color.

3. Earth
I don't know why but I just love Earth, I love the color and the small community.

4. Ice
I really like the eyes on dergs and the icy aesthetic feel of it!

5. Wind
Seems really cute.

6. Nature
Close to wind but I kinda get aggressive vibes from there.

7. Fire
Love the orange and the dom team.

8. Lightning
I like how bold the eyes are and how well they go with matchy pairs.

9. Shadow
I love the shadow egg but otherwise is scary.

10. Water
I don't hate or love them but sympathies for their late deity T-T

11. Plague
I do not like gore and the eyes aren't for me.
FD1rkPC.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aSQBrK0.png[/img] I went and made an easy-to-use tiermaker for everyone [url=https://tiermaker.com/create/rank-the-flights-752656]here! [/url] But in more detailed order, for me specifically: Light - My starting flight. Great aesthetic, fits in with my personal philosophy as an academic, the rarest official breed, and some cool undead lore - what's not to love? Lighting - My current flight. I love deserts, Joshua trees, and engineering, so they're just lovely. I love how they embrace technology the most. Plague - Planned move in the near future. Hands-down the most unique aesthetic, most powerful vibes, and overall reflecting my love of microbiology. Plus, red eyes are just the coolest. Arcane - The aesthetic, space and glitter? Perfection. Also, the young, chaotic deity. I'd like to move here someday. Wind - The bamboo, free-spirit aesthetic is just delightful, and Spirals and Skydancers are 2/3 of my favorite breeds. Shadow - Purple rules, and I love the idea of an entire flight of tricksters, liars, and ne'er-do-wells who love entertainment above all else. Ice - The lore just doesn't do anything for me, personally, but the white eyes and the cozy vibes of their native breeds are nice. Earth - I do like dark eyes, but Earth is just uninspiring to me. A dragon has a hoard in a cave? [i]Groundbreaking.[/i] Fire - cool eyes that seem rare, because it's a surprisingly tiny flight! But lore-wise, it seems to be Lightning's lesser counterpart. If you already have a group of pseudo-modern engineers, what purpose do blacksmiths have in Sorineth? Also, dragons and [i]fire?[/i] GROUNDBREAKING. Nature - Again, the lesser version of another flight. I might be biased as a microbiologist, but biology to me is always about mutation, change, and survival, not keeping something static forever. I love plants, but I'd prefer Plague any day. Water - Points for uniqueness in terms of underwater dragons, but overall the lore of oracles is just uninspiring. Compared to the flashy magic of every other flight they're just...bleh. All the good Water-flight lore I see has to take in something from another flight, like Plague-Water mutant wyrms, or Nature-Water Kaiju.
aSQBrK0.png

I went and made an easy-to-use tiermaker for everyone here!

But in more detailed order, for me specifically:

Light - My starting flight. Great aesthetic, fits in with my personal philosophy as an academic, the rarest official breed, and some cool undead lore - what's not to love?

Lighting - My current flight. I love deserts, Joshua trees, and engineering, so they're just lovely. I love how they embrace technology the most.

Plague - Planned move in the near future. Hands-down the most unique aesthetic, most powerful vibes, and overall reflecting my love of microbiology. Plus, red eyes are just the coolest.

Arcane - The aesthetic, space and glitter? Perfection. Also, the young, chaotic deity. I'd like to move here someday.

Wind - The bamboo, free-spirit aesthetic is just delightful, and Spirals and Skydancers are 2/3 of my favorite breeds.

Shadow - Purple rules, and I love the idea of an entire flight of tricksters, liars, and ne'er-do-wells who love entertainment above all else.

Ice - The lore just doesn't do anything for me, personally, but the white eyes and the cozy vibes of their native breeds are nice.

Earth - I do like dark eyes, but Earth is just uninspiring to me. A dragon has a hoard in a cave? Groundbreaking.

Fire - cool eyes that seem rare, because it's a surprisingly tiny flight! But lore-wise, it seems to be Lightning's lesser counterpart. If you already have a group of pseudo-modern engineers, what purpose do blacksmiths have in Sorineth? Also, dragons and fire? GROUNDBREAKING.

Nature - Again, the lesser version of another flight. I might be biased as a microbiologist, but biology to me is always about mutation, change, and survival, not keeping something static forever. I love plants, but I'd prefer Plague any day.

Water - Points for uniqueness in terms of underwater dragons, but overall the lore of oracles is just uninspiring. Compared to the flashy magic of every other flight they're just...bleh. All the good Water-flight lore I see has to take in something from another flight, like Plague-Water mutant wyrms, or Nature-Water Kaiju.
z65xx0L.pngBUNdhkO.pngoEJyr8X.png
1.Light-It's the best for me.I have been a member of the light since 2016.Most of the colors have good compatibility.Festival Apparel are beautiful.
2.Plague-Often seen in front of dominion.I like plague primal eyes.I think it's very distinctive.Maybe it's just coincidence, but the members of the plague I met are basically very rich.
3.Ice/Shadow-I like their aesthetics.
4.Earth-Earth often gets the first place in dominion, so I think people who want to make a profit are suitable to participate.It feels very active.
1.Light-It's the best for me.I have been a member of the light since 2016.Most of the colors have good compatibility.Festival Apparel are beautiful.
2.Plague-Often seen in front of dominion.I like plague primal eyes.I think it's very distinctive.Maybe it's just coincidence, but the members of the plague I met are basically very rich.
3.Ice/Shadow-I like their aesthetics.
4.Earth-Earth often gets the first place in dominion, so I think people who want to make a profit are suitable to participate.It feels very active.
this kinda turned more into my opinions on the flights AND elements but oh well

1. Plague - current and only flight for approaching around 7 years, Ive never have wanted to leave it except for the occasional drama that flares up around it being 'under appreciated and bad fest items' around ror, *however* I still think its hands down the best flight. I like the aesthetic, and even for those who dont, plagues community is super awesome. Really generous throughout my whole time here in my experience, plus we do dom a lot and get the mad stonks. Im not crazy about the primal eyes but they grow on me with very specific dragons.

2. A three way tie between arcane lightning and nature. Nature seems like a relatively lively flight and has a pretty nice aesthetic. Lightning are some of my favorite eyes and I like their memes. I'm not crazy about arcane's eyes, but I *really* like the aesthetic, probably second after plagues maybe, but I dont really see a lot going on in arcane?...Like... what do you do arcane peeps >>

3. Shadow and Earth. From what I've seen earth seems somewhat lively but also really chill. Shadow seems quieter from what Ive seen again, think Id like it more if I noticed they did more stuff, but I like the dark aesthetic, and the normal eyes, and the primal eyes are my favorite primals easily.

4. Wind, Light, and Ice. Not necessarily crazy about any of these deities, but theyre not terrible. Wind and Light I only see around dom but they both seem like busier flights, especially wind. I know wind does dom and is probably my fave of these three, but...eh. Something about it is lacking but idk what, so its not higher up. Light has good fest apparel and fun primal eyes and like I said is lively but thats kinda all I know. Ice... I feel like I rarely see Ice peeps. The aesthetic isn't quite my thing, but I remember ice vs plague was really fun.

5.Lastly, Fire and Water. This is- a little ironic, because as elements and the prospects of both are probably some of my favorites, deep sea dragons and lava beans are great- but I feel just like the execution of it somehow isnt that great here, in my own personal opinion. Plus like... are water and fire alive? I swear I never hear those flights doing anything...ever. Probably good communities but yeah... really quiet. Dont like eithers primal eyes either. I feel like oceans and fires and stuff have potential for a lot of intensity, but they just... kind of fall short on FR.
this kinda turned more into my opinions on the flights AND elements but oh well

1. Plague - current and only flight for approaching around 7 years, Ive never have wanted to leave it except for the occasional drama that flares up around it being 'under appreciated and bad fest items' around ror, *however* I still think its hands down the best flight. I like the aesthetic, and even for those who dont, plagues community is super awesome. Really generous throughout my whole time here in my experience, plus we do dom a lot and get the mad stonks. Im not crazy about the primal eyes but they grow on me with very specific dragons.

2. A three way tie between arcane lightning and nature. Nature seems like a relatively lively flight and has a pretty nice aesthetic. Lightning are some of my favorite eyes and I like their memes. I'm not crazy about arcane's eyes, but I *really* like the aesthetic, probably second after plagues maybe, but I dont really see a lot going on in arcane?...Like... what do you do arcane peeps >>

3. Shadow and Earth. From what I've seen earth seems somewhat lively but also really chill. Shadow seems quieter from what Ive seen again, think Id like it more if I noticed they did more stuff, but I like the dark aesthetic, and the normal eyes, and the primal eyes are my favorite primals easily.

4. Wind, Light, and Ice. Not necessarily crazy about any of these deities, but theyre not terrible. Wind and Light I only see around dom but they both seem like busier flights, especially wind. I know wind does dom and is probably my fave of these three, but...eh. Something about it is lacking but idk what, so its not higher up. Light has good fest apparel and fun primal eyes and like I said is lively but thats kinda all I know. Ice... I feel like I rarely see Ice peeps. The aesthetic isn't quite my thing, but I remember ice vs plague was really fun.

5.Lastly, Fire and Water. This is- a little ironic, because as elements and the prospects of both are probably some of my favorites, deep sea dragons and lava beans are great- but I feel just like the execution of it somehow isnt that great here, in my own personal opinion. Plus like... are water and fire alive? I swear I never hear those flights doing anything...ever. Probably good communities but yeah... really quiet. Dont like eithers primal eyes either. I feel like oceans and fires and stuff have potential for a lot of intensity, but they just... kind of fall short on FR.
ezgif.com-resize_3.gif ezgif.com-resize_4.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker_16.gif
[emoji=fire rune size=1][emoji=ice rune size=1][emoji=plague rune size=1]: I consider all three of these to be my 'home' flights, I adore all three and shall continue to move between them. [emoji=lightning rune size=1]: Should I ever move outside the trio of flights previously mentioned, I would go to Lightning. The aesthetic and atmosphere I have seen documented from there seems to be something I would enjoy. [emoji=wind rune size=1]: I adore the soft greens and orange aesthetics, the whole feel of the flight is freeing which I am fond of. [emoji=light rune size=1]: Another I am fond of the aesthetic of, though less likely to pay them a visit. [emoji=shadow rune size=1]: The cryptid/Halloween element to the flight is wonderful but the size and lack of focus in dominance dissuades me from visiting. [emoji=earth rune size=1]: I feel should the focus of earth be more based around gemstones I would gravitate towards them instantly, but as it stands I do not feel too much of an incentive to visit or join in some way. [emoji=nature rune size=1][emoji=water rune size=1]: Neither aesthetic is one I care much for. [emoji=arcane rune size=1]: The lore and aesthetic seem interesting but I am not interested in the banner or copious amounts of pink.
: I consider all three of these to be my 'home' flights, I adore all three and shall continue to move between them.

: Should I ever move outside the trio of flights previously mentioned, I would go to Lightning. The aesthetic and atmosphere I have seen documented from there seems to be something I would enjoy.

: I adore the soft greens and orange aesthetics, the whole feel of the flight is freeing which I am fond of.

: Another I am fond of the aesthetic of, though less likely to pay them a visit.

: The cryptid/Halloween element to the flight is wonderful but the size and lack of focus in dominance dissuades me from visiting.

: I feel should the focus of earth be more based around gemstones I would gravitate towards them instantly, but as it stands I do not feel too much of an incentive to visit or join in some way.

: Neither aesthetic is one I care much for.

: The lore and aesthetic seem interesting but I am not interested in the banner or copious amounts of pink.
33785014.png66702371.png74483108.png
1. [emoji=plague rune size=1] 2. [emoji=fire rune size=1] 3. [emoji=earth rune size=1] 4. [emoji=nature rune size=1] 5. [emoji=lightning rune size=1] 6. [emoji=ice rune size=1] 7. [emoji=arcane rune size=1] 8. [emoji=wind rune size=1] 9. [emoji=water rune size=1] 10. [emoji=light rune size=1] 11. [emoji=shadow rune size=1] I had reasons typed out for all of these, but before I hit send FR decided to reload the page and delete everything. And I really don't want to retype all that, at least not right now.

I had reasons typed out for all of these, but before I hit send FR decided to reload the page and delete everything. And I really don't want to retype all that, at least not right now.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13