Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ranking the flights
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
Plague: big no, don't vibe with it

Arcane: I love space and knowledge, but why god why does it have to be bright pink. I joined for the l o r e

Light: Tied with arcane. Them eyes, tho. Want an active flight.

Plant: generic

Fire: generic

water: generic

lightning: Techno good. Genuinely considering moving. I, too, like graphs and spreadsheets. Not so big on steampunk.

Shadow: 3edgy5me

wind: maybe, but apparently it's weeby so that's probably a no haha

earth: generic

ice: puns 10/10

Plague: big no, don't vibe with it

Arcane: I love space and knowledge, but why god why does it have to be bright pink. I joined for the l o r e

Light: Tied with arcane. Them eyes, tho. Want an active flight.

Plant: generic

Fire: generic

water: generic

lightning: Techno good. Genuinely considering moving. I, too, like graphs and spreadsheets. Not so big on steampunk.

Shadow: 3edgy5me

wind: maybe, but apparently it's weeby so that's probably a no haha

earth: generic

ice: puns 10/10

Most of these rankings will be strictly for lore reasons (both personal and site lore) combined with personal aesthetic. There may be a couple of rebels who I throw in for eye color alone, but we'll see.

1. Light
The only flight I've ever been in, and one I'm not keen to leave, my lore is centered in a large clan in the Hewn City. The enlightened, scholarly aesthetic combined with the mysteriousness of the Hewn City's darkness sums up Clan Chiaroscuro almost stupidly well. Even my clan leader's look is largely based off the contrasts of light and dark. Also light eyes are so versatile they can work with basically anything, so that's a plus.

2. Wind
This is definitely the place I'd move to if I wasn't in Light. I actually almost picked Wind, but I think Light fits me better as a person and I think Light worked out better for me in the long run anyway. As far as lore goes, especially when I'm an ancient lair, my large, dysfunctional clan could have quite a time with a city in the sky for a multitude of reasons. Maybe I'll vacation there one day, who knows.

3. Lightning
I have some dragons who already have lore that ties into this place, so it wouldn't be a bad move lore-wise, but lightning also definitely has the best eyes. Lightning unusual especially is a godsend. This is less of a lore pick than the next one, but the lightning blue is just too good (also I feel like the steampunk aesthetic fits lightning really well and that's my jam).

4. Water
The mysteriousness of the Water flight is what really draws me to it lore-wise, and it would definitely be a good fit for my clan in that regard since there's quite a few dragons who definitely have their secrets to keep and their shady deals to keep under wraps. Plus, I have a whole pirate airship of dragons who do a lot of business in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, so they have quite a few ties there. Also blue strikes again and even though it's not that electric blue of Lightning it's still solid.

5. Fire
This was actually more surprising to me than I thought, but I guess I realized that if some cataclysmic event were to happen to the clan in Light, I've always seen them taking refuge in Fire for some reason. Maybe it's the warm aesthetic I'm drawn to (I also think the eyes of this flight are a bit underrated), and the passionate aspect of the Fire clans. Chiaroscuro could definitely get behind that, and a Volcano Lair? Boy oh boy does that have lore possibilities, yes indeed.

6. Shadow
I'm very surprised I don't have this higher. Since many of my dragons prefer to sneak around in the shadows of the Hewn City as opposed to being in the bright parts of their home, logically this should be higher. But I guess the truth is that I actually have very few tricksters. The ones that do exist are more on the curious side rather than the underhanded in an attempt to win side. Games are fun, yes, but what drives most of my dragons is the end result, not the game itself. Still, there's definitely enough potential here that I can never fully rule it out, and I do absolutely love the aesthetic of the flight as a whole. Purple is definitely my favorite color, even if I think it's lower on the list of favorite in-game eye colors.

7. Arcane
And this flight is where the curious (and I guess some of the mysterious as well) side of my dragons comes into play. Arcane is for the dreamers, and everyone in Clan Chiaroscuro can empathize with that in one way or another. There's also some current lore ties here, and the magic and space vibes are crazy enough that I personally feel like I could fit into the community very well, and so could the clan as a whole with some effort.

8. Nature
While the nurturing aspect of Nature isn't one all of my dragons would gel with easily, the wild, untamed, primal side of the flight and the overall usefulness of giant tree lairs is far too good for Chiaroscuro to pass up if they were forced to go north. I think it could lead to some revelations among the clan, living in such a vibrant, welcoming space. I think that if the clan went to Nature, they'd find a reason to stay. While I don't like the green of these eyes near as much as Wind's, they're definitely not out of the running because of that.

9. Earth
These last three are definitely the ones Chiaroscuro would fit into the least, but Earth would provide a stable future for the clan, even if it wasn't one they necessarily envisioned. I think eventually some of the members would pack up and leave, either finding the stability too boring or too good to last. While the caverns in Earth may be deep, there are certainly many better places for dragons on the more nefarious side of things to make a living and keep a low profile. Earth's eyes are actually fantastic tho and definitely in my top five

10. Plague
Chiaroscuro would be almost completely split down the middle were they to move to plague for any substantial length of time. The members of weaker constitution would never survive long enough to adapt properly, the savagery of the clans already present would bring out the worst of the violent side in some of the more ready-to-fight individuals, and those who were willing to stick it out would likely have to change quite a bit of their lifestyle. Some would adapt, sure, but many would leave one way or another.

11. Ice
There's far too many bad memories, far too many enemies, and far too much cold for Chiaroscuro to move south without consequence. Even the clan ambassador spends as little time in ice as possible. The clan would scatter to protect themselves individually rather than moving to ice as a collective. Ice eyes are wonderful things, especially with how versatile they are, and the icy color palates are always beautiful to see, but Chiaroscuro is definitely content to admire the beauty of the icicles from a distance.
Most of these rankings will be strictly for lore reasons (both personal and site lore) combined with personal aesthetic. There may be a couple of rebels who I throw in for eye color alone, but we'll see.

1. Light
The only flight I've ever been in, and one I'm not keen to leave, my lore is centered in a large clan in the Hewn City. The enlightened, scholarly aesthetic combined with the mysteriousness of the Hewn City's darkness sums up Clan Chiaroscuro almost stupidly well. Even my clan leader's look is largely based off the contrasts of light and dark. Also light eyes are so versatile they can work with basically anything, so that's a plus.

2. Wind
This is definitely the place I'd move to if I wasn't in Light. I actually almost picked Wind, but I think Light fits me better as a person and I think Light worked out better for me in the long run anyway. As far as lore goes, especially when I'm an ancient lair, my large, dysfunctional clan could have quite a time with a city in the sky for a multitude of reasons. Maybe I'll vacation there one day, who knows.

3. Lightning
I have some dragons who already have lore that ties into this place, so it wouldn't be a bad move lore-wise, but lightning also definitely has the best eyes. Lightning unusual especially is a godsend. This is less of a lore pick than the next one, but the lightning blue is just too good (also I feel like the steampunk aesthetic fits lightning really well and that's my jam).

4. Water
The mysteriousness of the Water flight is what really draws me to it lore-wise, and it would definitely be a good fit for my clan in that regard since there's quite a few dragons who definitely have their secrets to keep and their shady deals to keep under wraps. Plus, I have a whole pirate airship of dragons who do a lot of business in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, so they have quite a few ties there. Also blue strikes again and even though it's not that electric blue of Lightning it's still solid.

5. Fire
This was actually more surprising to me than I thought, but I guess I realized that if some cataclysmic event were to happen to the clan in Light, I've always seen them taking refuge in Fire for some reason. Maybe it's the warm aesthetic I'm drawn to (I also think the eyes of this flight are a bit underrated), and the passionate aspect of the Fire clans. Chiaroscuro could definitely get behind that, and a Volcano Lair? Boy oh boy does that have lore possibilities, yes indeed.

6. Shadow
I'm very surprised I don't have this higher. Since many of my dragons prefer to sneak around in the shadows of the Hewn City as opposed to being in the bright parts of their home, logically this should be higher. But I guess the truth is that I actually have very few tricksters. The ones that do exist are more on the curious side rather than the underhanded in an attempt to win side. Games are fun, yes, but what drives most of my dragons is the end result, not the game itself. Still, there's definitely enough potential here that I can never fully rule it out, and I do absolutely love the aesthetic of the flight as a whole. Purple is definitely my favorite color, even if I think it's lower on the list of favorite in-game eye colors.

7. Arcane
And this flight is where the curious (and I guess some of the mysterious as well) side of my dragons comes into play. Arcane is for the dreamers, and everyone in Clan Chiaroscuro can empathize with that in one way or another. There's also some current lore ties here, and the magic and space vibes are crazy enough that I personally feel like I could fit into the community very well, and so could the clan as a whole with some effort.

8. Nature
While the nurturing aspect of Nature isn't one all of my dragons would gel with easily, the wild, untamed, primal side of the flight and the overall usefulness of giant tree lairs is far too good for Chiaroscuro to pass up if they were forced to go north. I think it could lead to some revelations among the clan, living in such a vibrant, welcoming space. I think that if the clan went to Nature, they'd find a reason to stay. While I don't like the green of these eyes near as much as Wind's, they're definitely not out of the running because of that.

9. Earth
These last three are definitely the ones Chiaroscuro would fit into the least, but Earth would provide a stable future for the clan, even if it wasn't one they necessarily envisioned. I think eventually some of the members would pack up and leave, either finding the stability too boring or too good to last. While the caverns in Earth may be deep, there are certainly many better places for dragons on the more nefarious side of things to make a living and keep a low profile. Earth's eyes are actually fantastic tho and definitely in my top five

10. Plague
Chiaroscuro would be almost completely split down the middle were they to move to plague for any substantial length of time. The members of weaker constitution would never survive long enough to adapt properly, the savagery of the clans already present would bring out the worst of the violent side in some of the more ready-to-fight individuals, and those who were willing to stick it out would likely have to change quite a bit of their lifestyle. Some would adapt, sure, but many would leave one way or another.

11. Ice
There's far too many bad memories, far too many enemies, and far too much cold for Chiaroscuro to move south without consequence. Even the clan ambassador spends as little time in ice as possible. The clan would scatter to protect themselves individually rather than moving to ice as a collective. Ice eyes are wonderful things, especially with how versatile they are, and the icy color palates are always beautiful to see, but Chiaroscuro is definitely content to admire the beauty of the icicles from a distance.
"But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.

This I did."

1. Nature
It's my current flight! I'm not a fan of the common eye when it clashes with the dragon's other colors too prominently, but luckily once they grow up it looks better, and its not exactly hard to get other eye types. While the primal eyes are kind of weird, they're really cool, and I just really like all things nature-y and wild. Gladekeeper is such a cool name, and she's my perfect version of a nature deity. Love ya, mum. (Totes forgot to mention Viridian Labyrinth sounds great and the aesthetic is adfadfjfiji so awesome)
Oh and I love climbing trees :D

2. Light
The EYES. Most people in light flight, in my personal experience, love the eyes. The yellow usually goes with everything, and the primal is just- no words can describe that, although I've found it looks strange on Spiral hatchies. The aesthetic is great, and Lightweaver's library would be my dream book nook i'd get kicked out if I could be there. It's just that I don't wanna change my flight, and the lore... Plus, I'm perfectly happy where I am.

3. Ice
The aesthetic is amazing! The Gaoler orders symbols are also quite nice, and ALL the eye types are just... amazing. The problem is, I just don't like the appearance or personality of Tundras or just Icewarden in general. Gaolers are great and all but the lore just isn't my thing. Plus, I hate getting my nose cold. Worst thing ever besides stubbing your toe ouch. My favorite thing about Ice is the color. Light blue? Mmmm yes gimme more.

4. Wind
No, I don't ship Windsinger and Gladekeeper. Why do you ask? *innocent puppy eyes*
All joking aside, wind would be a great place for me, if it weren't for the fact that... wind. You know, just wind. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great to fly in the Crescendo, but I'm honestly kind of lazy and the constantly exploring thing isn't my style. Those primal eyes tho mmmmmmmm glad I have one. Noodledad looks pretty cool too, just those shapes... I could stare at that art for hours, but I'll pass on joining. The eyes are nice, but I don't like the lore and aesthetic too much.

5. Shadow
If it weren't for Gladema's fierce side and nice vibes, I would've definitely joined Shadow. My personality, the aesthetic, just whoa. I don't like how they made Shadowbinder drool though, and the eggs are... kinda weird. The primal eyes I really don't like, but everything else is fine, especially glowing. I've got two Wildclaw kiddos from shadow, and Darke's eyes match perfectly <3
Meh sneaky sketchy side, heh. I think I'd get along well with some of you shadelings.

6. Arcane
I'm neutral with pink. But why are the eyes SO BRIGHT?? It's like fuchsia! Magenta! Bright-pink-name-here! That's what I don't like about the common eyes. Or... whatever it was it was one of them. I don't like staring into space (just intrigued but all those "cool" pictures and maps are too boring for me) and I'm sorry, but the Arcanist looks weird, in my honest opinion.
Then why does Arcane rank 6th, you ask? THE PRIMAL EYES OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS I JUST- I-
I just want one

7. Water
I swim. I dive. I erupt from beneath.
While I don't like the deep blue common eyes, the primal is gorgeous. However... I like Tidelord's original (lionfish-like) design waaaaaaaaaaaaayy better. He looks so fierce and cunning there! I know that's not what you developers thought, but I don't care, because - and I DON'T mean this in a rude way - the current Tidelord looks kinda derpy. We need a water breed that looks like a water breed. Serpentine, with fin legs. It can have wings, but water-y. I know Guardians are supposed to resemble Tidelord, but c'mon. Whatever happened to "graceful swimmers"?

8. Fire
Don't make me work at a forge. The primal eyes are *chef's kiss* but the others... I don't really care. And Flamecaller looks too... boring. No special flames like Tidelord's bubbles, Gladekeeper's trees, or Windsinger's wisp-things; not a personality-resembling pose like Shadowbinder or Arcanist, and just not... fiery enough. I also think the "Hey, I like working at the forge!" way of life is just too harsh and HOT.
Coatls and Banescales are pretty dope tho.

9. Plague
I almost joined Plague. But you're in Nature, Zi!
Yeah, I know. The heavy gore is actually intriguing, but I don't want my dragons to live in the Boneyard, no thank you. I like the primal eyes and normal eyes and stuff, especially the Wyrmwound, but only from a distance. I'd like to take it all in far, far away, not up front in the zone. I don't get why they want to contaminate everything, and why some of them think that if dragons died, they weren't children of the Plaguebringer. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE, YA DUMMY. Also, how does Plaguebringer even fly? She's a deity, yes, but those wings... I dunno.

10. Lightning
Don't get me wrong. The eyes are cool, and the aesthetic is.. uh.. nice, if I'm not a lightning lair, at least. I just have a thing with Ridgeback noses they just- *screams* and Stormcatcher looks so weird, honestly. What's with his legs? And the "Bossdad is the boss, we listen to him and destroy important magic-measuring things just to build a [stupid] reactor" feel I get from a lot of official canon lore dragons is... not good.
I hate Craklinne with all my body and soul and I just want to punch her face in. I don't even know why :P

11. Earth
Desert. No.
Giant rocky bearded monolith that looks like a heap of boulders. No. (I mean, I do feel sorry for him, but still)
Snappers- NO. Least fav breed of all time.
The eyes are visually appealing, at least, but I would never join Earth flight except for my life. I just don't like the feel, and the way a lot of players revolve around dom is a little too pushy (pun intended) for me. I know I don't have to join dom, but it seems that being surrounded by exalting lairs is just pressuring, you know? I think I'll pass, but I never said I won't let one of my dergs visit :)
1. Nature
It's my current flight! I'm not a fan of the common eye when it clashes with the dragon's other colors too prominently, but luckily once they grow up it looks better, and its not exactly hard to get other eye types. While the primal eyes are kind of weird, they're really cool, and I just really like all things nature-y and wild. Gladekeeper is such a cool name, and she's my perfect version of a nature deity. Love ya, mum. (Totes forgot to mention Viridian Labyrinth sounds great and the aesthetic is adfadfjfiji so awesome)
Oh and I love climbing trees :D

2. Light
The EYES. Most people in light flight, in my personal experience, love the eyes. The yellow usually goes with everything, and the primal is just- no words can describe that, although I've found it looks strange on Spiral hatchies. The aesthetic is great, and Lightweaver's library would be my dream book nook i'd get kicked out if I could be there. It's just that I don't wanna change my flight, and the lore... Plus, I'm perfectly happy where I am.

3. Ice
The aesthetic is amazing! The Gaoler orders symbols are also quite nice, and ALL the eye types are just... amazing. The problem is, I just don't like the appearance or personality of Tundras or just Icewarden in general. Gaolers are great and all but the lore just isn't my thing. Plus, I hate getting my nose cold. Worst thing ever besides stubbing your toe ouch. My favorite thing about Ice is the color. Light blue? Mmmm yes gimme more.

4. Wind
No, I don't ship Windsinger and Gladekeeper. Why do you ask? *innocent puppy eyes*
All joking aside, wind would be a great place for me, if it weren't for the fact that... wind. You know, just wind. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great to fly in the Crescendo, but I'm honestly kind of lazy and the constantly exploring thing isn't my style. Those primal eyes tho mmmmmmmm glad I have one. Noodledad looks pretty cool too, just those shapes... I could stare at that art for hours, but I'll pass on joining. The eyes are nice, but I don't like the lore and aesthetic too much.

5. Shadow
If it weren't for Gladema's fierce side and nice vibes, I would've definitely joined Shadow. My personality, the aesthetic, just whoa. I don't like how they made Shadowbinder drool though, and the eggs are... kinda weird. The primal eyes I really don't like, but everything else is fine, especially glowing. I've got two Wildclaw kiddos from shadow, and Darke's eyes match perfectly <3
Meh sneaky sketchy side, heh. I think I'd get along well with some of you shadelings.

6. Arcane
I'm neutral with pink. But why are the eyes SO BRIGHT?? It's like fuchsia! Magenta! Bright-pink-name-here! That's what I don't like about the common eyes. Or... whatever it was it was one of them. I don't like staring into space (just intrigued but all those "cool" pictures and maps are too boring for me) and I'm sorry, but the Arcanist looks weird, in my honest opinion.
Then why does Arcane rank 6th, you ask? THE PRIMAL EYES OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS I JUST- I-
I just want one

7. Water
I swim. I dive. I erupt from beneath.
While I don't like the deep blue common eyes, the primal is gorgeous. However... I like Tidelord's original (lionfish-like) design waaaaaaaaaaaaayy better. He looks so fierce and cunning there! I know that's not what you developers thought, but I don't care, because - and I DON'T mean this in a rude way - the current Tidelord looks kinda derpy. We need a water breed that looks like a water breed. Serpentine, with fin legs. It can have wings, but water-y. I know Guardians are supposed to resemble Tidelord, but c'mon. Whatever happened to "graceful swimmers"?

8. Fire
Don't make me work at a forge. The primal eyes are *chef's kiss* but the others... I don't really care. And Flamecaller looks too... boring. No special flames like Tidelord's bubbles, Gladekeeper's trees, or Windsinger's wisp-things; not a personality-resembling pose like Shadowbinder or Arcanist, and just not... fiery enough. I also think the "Hey, I like working at the forge!" way of life is just too harsh and HOT.
Coatls and Banescales are pretty dope tho.

9. Plague
I almost joined Plague. But you're in Nature, Zi!
Yeah, I know. The heavy gore is actually intriguing, but I don't want my dragons to live in the Boneyard, no thank you. I like the primal eyes and normal eyes and stuff, especially the Wyrmwound, but only from a distance. I'd like to take it all in far, far away, not up front in the zone. I don't get why they want to contaminate everything, and why some of them think that if dragons died, they weren't children of the Plaguebringer. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE, YA DUMMY. Also, how does Plaguebringer even fly? She's a deity, yes, but those wings... I dunno.

10. Lightning
Don't get me wrong. The eyes are cool, and the aesthetic is.. uh.. nice, if I'm not a lightning lair, at least. I just have a thing with Ridgeback noses they just- *screams* and Stormcatcher looks so weird, honestly. What's with his legs? And the "Bossdad is the boss, we listen to him and destroy important magic-measuring things just to build a [stupid] reactor" feel I get from a lot of official canon lore dragons is... not good.
I hate Craklinne with all my body and soul and I just want to punch her face in. I don't even know why :P

11. Earth
Desert. No.
Giant rocky bearded monolith that looks like a heap of boulders. No. (I mean, I do feel sorry for him, but still)
Snappers- NO. Least fav breed of all time.
The eyes are visually appealing, at least, but I would never join Earth flight except for my life. I just don't like the feel, and the way a lot of players revolve around dom is a little too pushy (pun intended) for me. I know I don't have to join dom, but it seems that being surrounded by exalting lairs is just pressuring, you know? I think I'll pass, but I never said I won't let one of my dergs visit :)
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
:D If we didn't want to be in Wind we'd join Earth for the dom benefits.
The only other flights we're kinda interested in are Light and Water because they're both pretty and we like them.
The other flights are cool we just haven't thought about them much.
:D If we didn't want to be in Wind we'd join Earth for the dom benefits.
The only other flights we're kinda interested in are Light and Water because they're both pretty and we like them.
The other flights are cool we just haven't thought about them much.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Oh this looks fun! [emoji=water rune size=1] Of course, I'm biased, but I think water suits me, personality wise. May be a bit more social than the average droplet, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Water gets stereotyped with blues, and hey, I love the blues, but the beautiful thing about aquatic environments is how diverse they really are! You can find just about all color combinations. It's a versatile and very pretty aesthetic. [emoji=fire rune size=1] I was strongly considering moving to fire when I came back. They have very pretty eyes, and I love the concept of passionate craftsfolk. I don't think there's anything boring or generic about a good old-fashioned fire dragon. I think the emphasis on lava is an interesting and different take, though honestly volcanos themselves aren't like my favorite environment to think about or anything. I like 'em. Bonus points for being a small flight, I think I'd be overwhelmed in a super big flight. [emoji=plague rune size=1] I'm not a very squeamish person. Body horror (and general horror, but I'm definitely biased for gory/medical horror) fascinates me. I like the aesthetic of bones and stuff like that, and the people in Plague generally seem really cool. While I love survival of the fittest as a general theme and the flight's overall attitude, I don't think I'd love the ruby-red eyes on everything though! That and living in a giant gaping wound in the world is kind of weird, I dunno. Plus it's rather big, and I just don't think that's my scene. And as a last thought is, I think I can explore the darker themes/brutality in life beyond just the Plague flight, and I think horror stands out more from a background of peace, rather than one of constant struggle. I dunno. [emoji=lightning rune size=1] Science! I love me some good old fashioned data collection. Steampunk's never been my aesthetic persay, but I have no issue with technodragons at all, and I think the flight's culture is neat, I feel like I'd fit in well. I love the idea of their god deliberately making the Ridgebacks have weird, unfitting traits to force them to be clever. [emoji=ice rune size=1] Ice's lore is so interesting. The emphasis in the ice flight on imprisonment isn't necessarily the first thing I'd think of when I think of the element of ice, but it makes so much sense and it really works for them. They feel so unique in that regard. I love Tundras too. I'd place Ice higher, but I honestly don't know what I'd *do* as a snowflake. They have a reputation for... being somewhat cold and uh... puns? I dunno, I guess it's just a vibe difference, though I do think they're very cool ;) [emoji=earth rune size=1] They're a very small flight, which is nice, and I like how workable the eyes are. Their lore isn't the most exciting, but I think it's definitely got its charm, as the birthplace of dragonkind and whatnot. History's not my thing, but it has value. That said, them winning dom almost feels like a given... And where's the excitement in that?! [emoji=nature rune size=1] I love being outdoors, gardening, all that stuff you think this would be higher. I actually don't really care for their eyes/aesthetic though, the overgrown look doesn't really do it for me, and green is probably my least favorite color (though I love seeing it in the great outdoors!). I think my issue is, Nature's philosophy is weird to me, it's hard to imagine just life life life with no death! [emoji=light rune size=1] Wow, oof Light is low here. I used to be in light's flight! I do think it suits me a bit still, but I do think I've grown and changed quite a bit as a person since then, I don't really think their emphasis 'pursuit of truth' and 'logical scholarly debate' is my scene at all. It's why I prefer water, there's more room for ambiguity. Still, I do like a good white and golden dragon every now and again and I looove their yellow eyes. I think their lore is compelling and interesting, but it doesn't make me want to side with light, know what I mean? [emoji=shadow rune size=1] Shadow's a bit like Ice in that I love their interpretation beyond just like ooh dark spooky. They're tricksters, they have a circus/carnival thing! That suits them, it's different, and it's very cool. However, shadow's super big, I'm not super into the dark purples, and I don't think I'd fit in well personality wise. [emoji=wind rune size=1] Another big flight! Art's cool. Still not into green. Still not into big flights. Not into wind as an aesthetic either. They seem like really nice people to be friends with, and one of the better flights on the moral compass to be sure, but I don't find them as interesting, and they're not really my scene. [emoji=arcane rune size=1] Ah, yeah. Same thing as wind. Not into magenta, but that lighter pink they have sometimes is nice. Really big crowd. Space is visually pleasing, but ultimately there isn't much there, right? It's big but mostly empty. So I just don't find space a super compelling topic, or just the concept of 'magic' really. It's kind of an abstract flight and that just doesn't pique my interest the way others do.
Oh this looks fun!

Of course, I'm biased, but I think water suits me, personality wise. May be a bit more social than the average droplet, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Water gets stereotyped with blues, and hey, I love the blues, but the beautiful thing about aquatic environments is how diverse they really are! You can find just about all color combinations. It's a versatile and very pretty aesthetic.

I was strongly considering moving to fire when I came back. They have very pretty eyes, and I love the concept of passionate craftsfolk. I don't think there's anything boring or generic about a good old-fashioned fire dragon. I think the emphasis on lava is an interesting and different take, though honestly volcanos themselves aren't like my favorite environment to think about or anything. I like 'em. Bonus points for being a small flight, I think I'd be overwhelmed in a super big flight.

I'm not a very squeamish person. Body horror (and general horror, but I'm definitely biased for gory/medical horror) fascinates me. I like the aesthetic of bones and stuff like that, and the people in Plague generally seem really cool. While I love survival of the fittest as a general theme and the flight's overall attitude, I don't think I'd love the ruby-red eyes on everything though! That and living in a giant gaping wound in the world is kind of weird, I dunno. Plus it's rather big, and I just don't think that's my scene. And as a last thought is, I think I can explore the darker themes/brutality in life beyond just the Plague flight, and I think horror stands out more from a background of peace, rather than one of constant struggle. I dunno.

Science! I love me some good old fashioned data collection. Steampunk's never been my aesthetic persay, but I have no issue with technodragons at all, and I think the flight's culture is neat, I feel like I'd fit in well. I love the idea of their god deliberately making the Ridgebacks have weird, unfitting traits to force them to be clever.

Ice's lore is so interesting. The emphasis in the ice flight on imprisonment isn't necessarily the first thing I'd think of when I think of the element of ice, but it makes so much sense and it really works for them. They feel so unique in that regard. I love Tundras too. I'd place Ice higher, but I honestly don't know what I'd *do* as a snowflake. They have a reputation for... being somewhat cold and uh... puns? I dunno, I guess it's just a vibe difference, though I do think they're very cool ;)

They're a very small flight, which is nice, and I like how workable the eyes are. Their lore isn't the most exciting, but I think it's definitely got its charm, as the birthplace of dragonkind and whatnot. History's not my thing, but it has value. That said, them winning dom almost feels like a given... And where's the excitement in that?!

I love being outdoors, gardening, all that stuff you think this would be higher. I actually don't really care for their eyes/aesthetic though, the overgrown look doesn't really do it for me, and green is probably my least favorite color (though I love seeing it in the great outdoors!). I think my issue is, Nature's philosophy is weird to me, it's hard to imagine just life life life with no death!

Wow, oof Light is low here. I used to be in light's flight! I do think it suits me a bit still, but I do think I've grown and changed quite a bit as a person since then, I don't really think their emphasis 'pursuit of truth' and 'logical scholarly debate' is my scene at all. It's why I prefer water, there's more room for ambiguity. Still, I do like a good white and golden dragon every now and again and I looove their yellow eyes. I think their lore is compelling and interesting, but it doesn't make me want to side with light, know what I mean?

Shadow's a bit like Ice in that I love their interpretation beyond just like ooh dark spooky. They're tricksters, they have a circus/carnival thing! That suits them, it's different, and it's very cool. However, shadow's super big, I'm not super into the dark purples, and I don't think I'd fit in well personality wise.

Another big flight! Art's cool. Still not into green. Still not into big flights. Not into wind as an aesthetic either. They seem like really nice people to be friends with, and one of the better flights on the moral compass to be sure, but I don't find them as interesting, and they're not really my scene.

Ah, yeah. Same thing as wind. Not into magenta, but that lighter pink they have sometimes is nice. Really big crowd. Space is visually pleasing, but ultimately there isn't much there, right? It's big but mostly empty. So I just don't find space a super compelling topic, or just the concept of 'magic' really. It's kind of an abstract flight and that just doesn't pique my interest the way others do.
1. Earth/Fire (really, I can't even decide. I love both of them). Eyes colour and general vibes. Besides, I'm a cholerical person who loves history.

2. -||-

3. Light, I suppose. Because of Lore and... regality? Really like ''solar'' apparel and skins, too.

4. Lightning - steampunk vibes.

5. Water - because I love pirates and corsairs (history, again), but I'm not a big fan of blue colour.

6. Nature. I love nature motives and flight banner, but I don't like eyes colour (too.. artificial? I mean, I adore green, but not THAT KIND of green)

7. Wind. I LOVE eyes colour and everything, but I don't like asian themes.

8. Ice. Love tundras. Love gaolers. Eyes look kinda nice, too. But.... I just don't feel this Flight. I'm too impulsive and passionate and pastel colours aren't my cup of tea.

9. Shadow. Uhm, I like community and colours (especially flight banner), but not a fan of circus theme and eyes seem to be a bit artificial, too.

10. Plague. I have a problem with this Flight. Really apreciate the idea and lore, have some plague characters in my own story, but the Flight Banner, nests, skins and everything just disgust me. I just can't.

11. Arcane - I. Hate. Pink. sorry
1. Earth/Fire (really, I can't even decide. I love both of them). Eyes colour and general vibes. Besides, I'm a cholerical person who loves history.

2. -||-

3. Light, I suppose. Because of Lore and... regality? Really like ''solar'' apparel and skins, too.

4. Lightning - steampunk vibes.

5. Water - because I love pirates and corsairs (history, again), but I'm not a big fan of blue colour.

6. Nature. I love nature motives and flight banner, but I don't like eyes colour (too.. artificial? I mean, I adore green, but not THAT KIND of green)

7. Wind. I LOVE eyes colour and everything, but I don't like asian themes.

8. Ice. Love tundras. Love gaolers. Eyes look kinda nice, too. But.... I just don't feel this Flight. I'm too impulsive and passionate and pastel colours aren't my cup of tea.

9. Shadow. Uhm, I like community and colours (especially flight banner), but not a fan of circus theme and eyes seem to be a bit artificial, too.

10. Plague. I have a problem with this Flight. Really apreciate the idea and lore, have some plague characters in my own story, but the Flight Banner, nests, skins and everything just disgust me. I just can't.

11. Arcane - I. Hate. Pink. sorry
oNPnEqv.jpeg
Updated now that there's more data. Overall, things are still pretty balanced but some things have shifted a little. Current (50 entries): [img]https://i.postimg.cc/dQRnbCJ7/Screenshot-8.png[/img]
Updated now that there's more data. Overall, things are still pretty balanced but some things have shifted a little.

Current (50 entries):
Screenshot-8.png
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
- wind. im currently in this flight and i love the creativity of the flight's members, and the camaraderie! the aesthetic is top tier honestly, but i am a bit biased tbf

- plague/nature. really digging the survival of the fittest type deal, lots of potential for lore. both flights are kind of like two sides of the same coin, just carried out differently, and i adore that lore point. i might have to vacation to one of these two someday. 9/10 overall.

- water. i absolutely adore the oracle/seer aspect of dragons that live in the sea of a thousand currents. guardian dragons have the best design out of all the dragon breeds imo. aesthetic is awesome too, 8/10. fun fact, i almost picked water when i was signing up. i might move there one day, not too sure yet.

- shadow. this one feels kind of meh to me, but i still like the overall vibe of the lore and the flight in general. not really sure how i feel about the whole eternal darkness thing. 5/10, there are aspects of the lore and everything that im into, but there are also a lot of things that im not too sure how i'd work with lore wise.

- arcane/light. sure, the curiosity and scholarly pursuit of knowledge is cool, but it kinda seems a bit boring. the aesthetics are both great, but im not that into the lore.

- fire. seems cool, but the aesthetic seems kind of limited in terms of flexibility.

- ice. i honestly forgot this flight existed while i was making this list so i think thats pretty telling. no thoughts, head empty. its cool i guess that yall keep eldritch horrors locked away forever in ice in your backyard, but its not for me.

- lightning. sorry bossdad, 4.5/10 for me. engineering doesnt interest me, and having my clan live in an arid desert doesnt really pique my interest. /:

- earth. feels like the "default" for me. a bit basic. altho, most earthlings ive come across are lovely people.

i mean no offense to members of these flights, im sure you're all wonderful individuals. i just dont really dig some of these elements and their lore.
- wind. im currently in this flight and i love the creativity of the flight's members, and the camaraderie! the aesthetic is top tier honestly, but i am a bit biased tbf

- plague/nature. really digging the survival of the fittest type deal, lots of potential for lore. both flights are kind of like two sides of the same coin, just carried out differently, and i adore that lore point. i might have to vacation to one of these two someday. 9/10 overall.

- water. i absolutely adore the oracle/seer aspect of dragons that live in the sea of a thousand currents. guardian dragons have the best design out of all the dragon breeds imo. aesthetic is awesome too, 8/10. fun fact, i almost picked water when i was signing up. i might move there one day, not too sure yet.

- shadow. this one feels kind of meh to me, but i still like the overall vibe of the lore and the flight in general. not really sure how i feel about the whole eternal darkness thing. 5/10, there are aspects of the lore and everything that im into, but there are also a lot of things that im not too sure how i'd work with lore wise.

- arcane/light. sure, the curiosity and scholarly pursuit of knowledge is cool, but it kinda seems a bit boring. the aesthetics are both great, but im not that into the lore.

- fire. seems cool, but the aesthetic seems kind of limited in terms of flexibility.

- ice. i honestly forgot this flight existed while i was making this list so i think thats pretty telling. no thoughts, head empty. its cool i guess that yall keep eldritch horrors locked away forever in ice in your backyard, but its not for me.

- lightning. sorry bossdad, 4.5/10 for me. engineering doesnt interest me, and having my clan live in an arid desert doesnt really pique my interest. /:

- earth. feels like the "default" for me. a bit basic. altho, most earthlings ive come across are lovely people.

i mean no offense to members of these flights, im sure you're all wonderful individuals. i just dont really dig some of these elements and their lore.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
plague - My original home! Planning to go back there one day, I guess. I was originally drawn there for the 'survival of the fittest' and 'evolve yourself rather than the world around you' aspect it gave me. Red is one of my favorite colours, too! water - I'm here, baby! God, what isn't there to love about Water? Just... mwah, marry me, Water flight. I'll be your new god now. I'm so drawn to the sailor and pirate aspect rather than the oracle eldritch aspect or the beach aspect, but while those are good, I've always loved sailors and pirates more. shadow - I was just there a while ago. Threatening bramble forest you could easily get lost or tangled in. Reminds me of the bog I live in! Good vibes only. Oh yeah, and there's a running gag within the forums that they're just a bunch of bakers. Firefly lamps are glorious, and that constant state of twilight and night is very calming. I love that trickster fair folk element they added to it. I have so much to say about Shadow, but it can all be summed up with [emoji=heart size=1]. light - Glitter and sparkles......... [i]mmmmmmhyes[/i]. I love that scholarly aspect of Light. Libraries, moths, and the dawn. As calming as Shadow and [i]just as glorious. [/i] There's so much gold and gleam, but there's just too much brightness for me. Even shining a flashlight on me would hurt my goblin eyes, despite how much I'm drawn to shiny things. Talk about self-destructive. earth - Shiny rocks and cave demons? Sign me up please. Archaeology used to be one of my favorite things when I was younger and it still is, a little. Fossils are awesome. And so are chocolate brown eyes. <3 ice - Winter vibes, brrr. Reminds me of the Christmas event on Transformice. Not much else to say. The eyes are nice, though! nature - Jungle. Also reminds me of the bog I live in. Also good vibes. There's probably more bloodsuckers there than Shadow though... Not really a fan of that hippy aspect everyone seems to give Nature, I like that Aztec tribalism variant of Nature better. Destruction! lightning - I like these guys but it's not my favorite Flight. Steampunk is cool though. fire - Same as Lightning above. wind - Corgis and hyperactivity aren't my thing, sorry guys. Noodles are good though. arcane - Never have been a fan of hot barbie pink, but I adore the space aspect.
plague - My original home! Planning to go back there one day, I guess. I was originally drawn there for the 'survival of the fittest' and 'evolve yourself rather than the world around you' aspect it gave me. Red is one of my favorite colours, too!

water - I'm here, baby! God, what isn't there to love about Water? Just... mwah, marry me, Water flight. I'll be your new god now. I'm so drawn to the sailor and pirate aspect rather than the oracle eldritch aspect or the beach aspect, but while those are good, I've always loved sailors and pirates more.

shadow - I was just there a while ago. Threatening bramble forest you could easily get lost or tangled in. Reminds me of the bog I live in! Good vibes only. Oh yeah, and there's a running gag within the forums that they're just a bunch of bakers. Firefly lamps are glorious, and that constant state of twilight and night is very calming. I love that trickster fair folk element they added to it. I have so much to say about Shadow, but it can all be summed up with .

light - Glitter and sparkles......... mmmmmmhyes. I love that scholarly aspect of Light. Libraries, moths, and the dawn. As calming as Shadow and just as glorious. There's so much gold and gleam, but there's just too much brightness for me. Even shining a flashlight on me would hurt my goblin eyes, despite how much I'm drawn to shiny things. Talk about self-destructive.

earth - Shiny rocks and cave demons? Sign me up please. Archaeology used to be one of my favorite things when I was younger and it still is, a little. Fossils are awesome. And so are chocolate brown eyes. <3

ice - Winter vibes, brrr. Reminds me of the Christmas event on Transformice. Not much else to say. The eyes are nice, though!

nature - Jungle. Also reminds me of the bog I live in. Also good vibes. There's probably more bloodsuckers there than Shadow though... Not really a fan of that hippy aspect everyone seems to give Nature, I like that Aztec tribalism variant of Nature better. Destruction!

lightning - I like these guys but it's not my favorite Flight. Steampunk is cool though.

fire - Same as Lightning above.

wind - Corgis and hyperactivity aren't my thing, sorry guys. Noodles are good though.

arcane - Never have been a fan of hot barbie pink, but I adore the space aspect.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
[quote name="Zavyt" date="2020-07-31 05:55:44" ] wind - Corgis and hyperactivity aren't my thing, sorry guys. Noodles are good though. [/quote] Oh, you've taken it too far! I take high offense for you not liking my puppy! (I have a corgi) and he's the best thing to ever happen to my life for the most part, lmao. I'm also joking. You're totally allowed to not like corgis.
Zavyt wrote on 2020-07-31 05:55:44:

wind - Corgis and hyperactivity aren't my thing, sorry guys. Noodles are good though.

Oh, you've taken it too far! I take high offense for you not liking my puppy! (I have a corgi) and he's the best thing to ever happen to my life for the most part, lmao. I'm also joking. You're totally allowed to not like corgis.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13