Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ranking the flights
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
1.) [emoji=fire rune size=1] you can do so much w/ it as an element and it has so much more potential than people give it credit for. I will fight you on this. the eyes are superior and I love the rebellion theme in the lore. 2.) [emoji=plague rune size=1] my og flight. love the survivalist theme and the fact that it leans towards the uglier side of it. 3.) [emoji=earth rune size=1] second best eyes (still sad that there's no dark brown). I feel like it's got a lot of lore potential given its position and history. 4.) [emoji=shadow rune size=1] best primal, best color. don't really vibe with the trickster theme tho. 5.) [emoji=lightning rune size=1] love the industrial focus of this one. lightning desert is good. not the biggest fan of the eyes, but some of them are okay. those are the only ones I feel strongly about, but here's the rest: 6.) [emoji=ice rune size=1] good eyes. 7.) [emoji=arcane rune size=1] the space theme is cool. 8. / 9. / 10.) [emoji=water rune size=1] [emoji=wind rune size=1] [emoji=nature rune size=1] these 3 are all interchangeable for me. I'm completely neutral on them. 11.) [emoji=light rune size=1] [s]I'm a vampire[/s] in all honesty, I just... don't see the appeal in it at all. it's not for me. edit: added a few more thoughts
1.) you can do so much w/ it as an element and it has so much more potential than people give it credit for. I will fight you on this. the eyes are superior and I love the rebellion theme in the lore.

2.) my og flight. love the survivalist theme and the fact that it leans towards the uglier side of it.

3.) second best eyes (still sad that there's no dark brown). I feel like it's got a lot of lore potential given its position and history.

4.) best primal, best color. don't really vibe with the trickster theme tho.

5.) love the industrial focus of this one. lightning desert is good. not the biggest fan of the eyes, but some of them are okay.

those are the only ones I feel strongly about, but here's the rest:

6.) good eyes.

7.) the space theme is cool.

8. / 9. / 10.) these 3 are all interchangeable for me. I'm completely neutral on them.

11.) I'm a vampire in all honesty, I just... don't see the appeal in it at all. it's not for me.

edit: added a few more thoughts
in order: [emoji=plague rune size=1] where i am right now. luv the body horror aesthetic. the flesh must grow [emoji=nature rune size=1] tbh nature would fit me, personally, better lore-wise than plague does oops. plants... good [emoji=arcane rune size=1] PINK :D also cosmic horror vibes, hell yeah. my bestie is in this flight! [emoji=fire rune size=1] classic dragon element. blacksmiths and metalworking is cool [emoji=wind rune size=1] idk they just seem kinda chill! and i like lime green and bamboo so that helps [emoji=shadow rune size=1] luv those goopy primal eyes. ooky spooky fae vibes [emoji=lightning rune size=1] steampunk sci-fi/fantasy mish-mash aesthetic. cool, cool [emoji=light rune size=1] very fancy. almost a little too fancy. i do like me some gold every now and then. [emoji=earth rune size=1] geology rocks B) the brown eyes are pretty. i like ancient tomb skeletons/mummies they got in their lore. [emoji=water rune size=1] 7.8/10, too much water [emoji=ice rune size=1] brrr.
in order:

where i am right now. luv the body horror aesthetic. the flesh must grow

tbh nature would fit me, personally, better lore-wise than plague does oops. plants... good

PINK :D also cosmic horror vibes, hell yeah. my bestie is in this flight!

classic dragon element. blacksmiths and metalworking is cool

idk they just seem kinda chill! and i like lime green and bamboo so that helps

luv those goopy primal eyes. ooky spooky fae vibes

steampunk sci-fi/fantasy mish-mash aesthetic. cool, cool

very fancy. almost a little too fancy. i do like me some gold every now and then.

geology rocks B) the brown eyes are pretty. i like ancient tomb skeletons/mummies they got in their lore.

7.8/10, too much water

brrr.
Water--My current, first, and probably only flight! I love the aesthetic so much, and most of my lair is based on colorful tropical fish. And my lore is so firmly tied to the Sea of the Thousand Currents it'd be well-nigh impossible for them to move short of a massive earthquake.

Plague--while my dragons are mostly suspicious of Plague, I think it's very cool. They have some of the most detailed and in-depth subspecies lore I've seen. I'm especially fond of Necromancers and Effluvial Crows.

Light--I am a book nerd and philosophy junkie, so I totally fit into the lore aesthetic of Light! My IRL friend who convinced me to join FR is in Light, and not likely to leave. (I honestly think he was surprised I didn't join him.)

Wind--Really love the aesthetic, and so many Windies are creative and all over the forums! I think it'd be a great place for a vacation. My dragons certainly enjoyed their adventures there during Mistral Jamboree.

Lightning--While I keep forgetting that my clan, technically, is near their border, I think a lot of the anachronisms are funny. We have robots and cowboys. Wasteland Scavengers and Enchanted Golems. Take your pick. I'm having a lot of fun exploring the lore possibilities in Lightning right now due to the Thundercrack Carnivale. Plus, they have SPREADSHEETS.

Earth--DOM. 'Nuf said.

Ice--I've done a lot of exploration into the Gaoler lore, so it might be fun to go there. I'd have to completely revamp my lair to do that, though.

Fire--Ditto, only with Banescales.

Nature--I have a lot of mixed feelings about Nature. Yes, green is my favorite color, but it tends to show up badly on digital screens. While I'm slowly collecting a few Wildclaws, they are far from my favorite breed. And the Gladekeeper is kind of a jerk. (Yes, yes, so are a lot of the other deities.)

Shadow--"What is darkness but the absence of Light?" I've always had a hard time dealing with "dark" magic in my lore, particularly if the "dark" magic isn't necessarily "evil", so I haven't yet. If I were forced to move to Shadow, I'd probably focus on the trickery and circus-y side.

Arcane--I really dislike pink. The idea of a purely Magic flight is just a little...difficult for me to wrap my head around. I tend to think of them as the "weird" flight with the "weird" deity, and I'm sure most Arcanites are proud of that!

Water--My current, first, and probably only flight! I love the aesthetic so much, and most of my lair is based on colorful tropical fish. And my lore is so firmly tied to the Sea of the Thousand Currents it'd be well-nigh impossible for them to move short of a massive earthquake.

Plague--while my dragons are mostly suspicious of Plague, I think it's very cool. They have some of the most detailed and in-depth subspecies lore I've seen. I'm especially fond of Necromancers and Effluvial Crows.

Light--I am a book nerd and philosophy junkie, so I totally fit into the lore aesthetic of Light! My IRL friend who convinced me to join FR is in Light, and not likely to leave. (I honestly think he was surprised I didn't join him.)

Wind--Really love the aesthetic, and so many Windies are creative and all over the forums! I think it'd be a great place for a vacation. My dragons certainly enjoyed their adventures there during Mistral Jamboree.

Lightning--While I keep forgetting that my clan, technically, is near their border, I think a lot of the anachronisms are funny. We have robots and cowboys. Wasteland Scavengers and Enchanted Golems. Take your pick. I'm having a lot of fun exploring the lore possibilities in Lightning right now due to the Thundercrack Carnivale. Plus, they have SPREADSHEETS.

Earth--DOM. 'Nuf said.

Ice--I've done a lot of exploration into the Gaoler lore, so it might be fun to go there. I'd have to completely revamp my lair to do that, though.

Fire--Ditto, only with Banescales.

Nature--I have a lot of mixed feelings about Nature. Yes, green is my favorite color, but it tends to show up badly on digital screens. While I'm slowly collecting a few Wildclaws, they are far from my favorite breed. And the Gladekeeper is kind of a jerk. (Yes, yes, so are a lot of the other deities.)

Shadow--"What is darkness but the absence of Light?" I've always had a hard time dealing with "dark" magic in my lore, particularly if the "dark" magic isn't necessarily "evil", so I haven't yet. If I were forced to move to Shadow, I'd probably focus on the trickery and circus-y side.

Arcane--I really dislike pink. The idea of a purely Magic flight is just a little...difficult for me to wrap my head around. I tend to think of them as the "weird" flight with the "weird" deity, and I'm sure most Arcanites are proud of that!

V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
All flights are valid and deserve love
All flights are valid and deserve love
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
1.) Water - Currently here! Water's my favorite element. Probably because my zodiac sign is Cancer. And water type Pokemon are my second fav. And blue's my fav color!

2 & 3.) Ice/Lighting - Second favorite elements. That's mainly because of Spyro honestly. And ice is frozen water. Lightning is fun to watch.

4.) Wind - Just because I've heard Windsinger is hyperactive and a picture I've seen made me laugh. Plus I like greens.

5.) Arcane - I don't care for pink but science and stars I like.

6.) Nature - I love greens and plants and growing things

7.) Light - Yellows are nice

8.) Earth - I love collecting rocks and I like brown colors. Just like the other flight more

9.) Fire - Have a fear of fire. Also like the other flights more

10.) Shadow - This one would be above Arcane if it weren't for the Shadowbinder's eyes. Love how dressing up a Shadow flight rep makes it look like a magician <3

11.) Plague - Don't like Plaguebringer and the death thing. It's my biggest phobia :c I do like Mirrors though!
1.) Water - Currently here! Water's my favorite element. Probably because my zodiac sign is Cancer. And water type Pokemon are my second fav. And blue's my fav color!

2 & 3.) Ice/Lighting - Second favorite elements. That's mainly because of Spyro honestly. And ice is frozen water. Lightning is fun to watch.

4.) Wind - Just because I've heard Windsinger is hyperactive and a picture I've seen made me laugh. Plus I like greens.

5.) Arcane - I don't care for pink but science and stars I like.

6.) Nature - I love greens and plants and growing things

7.) Light - Yellows are nice

8.) Earth - I love collecting rocks and I like brown colors. Just like the other flight more

9.) Fire - Have a fear of fire. Also like the other flights more

10.) Shadow - This one would be above Arcane if it weren't for the Shadowbinder's eyes. Love how dressing up a Shadow flight rep makes it look like a magician <3

11.) Plague - Don't like Plaguebringer and the death thing. It's my biggest phobia :c I do like Mirrors though!
She/Her | Pinging is always fine! | Current icon dragon is Rose | Yoyo trinket suggestion
Plague: best flight obviously, is your deity a culinary artist that can make a mean soup that'll give you such a kick you'll literally grow an extra limb? maybe 2? didnt think so. our nests are the best defended. who would want to reach in and steal an egg that looks like a polished booger from a pit of meaty soil and sinewy branches? probably not you but if you're not deterred... plague is calling.

Nature: wonderful. the best sister flight. the best of both worlds; soft and precious but merciless and powerful. auntie glade is wonderful, flight members are so kind. not enough positive words in my vocab to describe you. we love you nature.

Shadow: man i love mischief. love tricks and japes, love mystery and darkness and bats and purple. what a great aesthetic. absolutely superb you funky little darklings.

Earth: we share bones as a common theme but i am so jealous of your skeleton beasts and dom prowess honestly if i didnt love plague so damn much i'd be digging myself a dirty cave by hand with or without rockpops permission.

Ice/Lightning/Fire: You guys. I love everything about you, and it is my goal to visit you all some day. The aesthetic you give off is AAAA good. love. Fire? Bet it smells great. So warm, toasty. Lighning? CYAN, cyberpunk, probably sounds like glitch hop. Ice? Cold, quiet. Perfect. Fluffy. Probably a lot of cool ice formations to climb all over.

Light: I'll admit, when I first started I thought it was a pure good flight and I didnt really like it bc im a gremlin who hates sun and being good. Now I understand that y'all have emperors (plegmama doesnt like zombies BUT I DO) and you all have superb lair aesthetic and i admire that! Your deity scares me a bit tho.

Water: I associate you with the water theme from super mario bros. Not sorry. I'm afraid of drowning so while your aesthetic doesnt really mesh w/ mine, I do absolutely enjoy marine life and the horrors of the levi trench and plan on making a plague/water tab some day.

Wind: y'all got NOODLES I love them. very good theme a+, floating islands are my JAM I wish i could live on one irl.

Arcane: Pink is not my thing. World-destroying deities however? Space? forbidden portal? Absolutely my thing. Arcanist scares me also.
Plague: best flight obviously, is your deity a culinary artist that can make a mean soup that'll give you such a kick you'll literally grow an extra limb? maybe 2? didnt think so. our nests are the best defended. who would want to reach in and steal an egg that looks like a polished booger from a pit of meaty soil and sinewy branches? probably not you but if you're not deterred... plague is calling.

Nature: wonderful. the best sister flight. the best of both worlds; soft and precious but merciless and powerful. auntie glade is wonderful, flight members are so kind. not enough positive words in my vocab to describe you. we love you nature.

Shadow: man i love mischief. love tricks and japes, love mystery and darkness and bats and purple. what a great aesthetic. absolutely superb you funky little darklings.

Earth: we share bones as a common theme but i am so jealous of your skeleton beasts and dom prowess honestly if i didnt love plague so damn much i'd be digging myself a dirty cave by hand with or without rockpops permission.

Ice/Lightning/Fire: You guys. I love everything about you, and it is my goal to visit you all some day. The aesthetic you give off is AAAA good. love. Fire? Bet it smells great. So warm, toasty. Lighning? CYAN, cyberpunk, probably sounds like glitch hop. Ice? Cold, quiet. Perfect. Fluffy. Probably a lot of cool ice formations to climb all over.

Light: I'll admit, when I first started I thought it was a pure good flight and I didnt really like it bc im a gremlin who hates sun and being good. Now I understand that y'all have emperors (plegmama doesnt like zombies BUT I DO) and you all have superb lair aesthetic and i admire that! Your deity scares me a bit tho.

Water: I associate you with the water theme from super mario bros. Not sorry. I'm afraid of drowning so while your aesthetic doesnt really mesh w/ mine, I do absolutely enjoy marine life and the horrors of the levi trench and plan on making a plague/water tab some day.

Wind: y'all got NOODLES I love them. very good theme a+, floating islands are my JAM I wish i could live on one irl.

Arcane: Pink is not my thing. World-destroying deities however? Space? forbidden portal? Absolutely my thing. Arcanist scares me also.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
@thylionheart i agree ! everyone has their preferences, no biggie

@pearlconnor completely agree, just curious to see which flights people vibe (how many times have i said that in this thread) with the most (-:
@thylionheart i agree ! everyone has their preferences, no biggie

@pearlconnor completely agree, just curious to see which flights people vibe (how many times have i said that in this thread) with the most (-:
[quote name="venteux" date="2020-07-30 21:15:04" ] thylionheart i agree ! everyone has their preferences, no biggie pearlconnor completely agree, just curious to see which flights people vibe (how many times have i said that in this thread) with the most (-: [/quote] I know I just. Try to be nice everywhere
venteux wrote on 2020-07-30 21:15:04:
thylionheart i agree ! everyone has their preferences, no biggie

pearlconnor completely agree, just curious to see which flights people vibe (how many times have i said that in this thread) with the most (-:

I know I just. Try to be nice everywhere
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
Eye color is the only thing that matters to me when choosing a flight. I could care less about site lore or deities so there’s that :0

1. Earth - p e r f e c t eye color. beautifully neutral and just vibes with my lair aesthetic. earth primal? mmmmm so good. i will forever stay in earth flight.

2. Light - lovely eye colors that really fit with my lair aesthetic. some of the eye types are *too* yellow but that’s forgivable.

3. Nature - low key would’ve joined if earth didn’t exist. nature primal is just so so so beautiful and i will forever dream of getting more g1 nature primals. the nature aesthetic also goes well with my lair.

4. Fire - i think the eye colors are super cute! seems to be a very underrated flight. a bit too orange for me but otherwise i think it’d vibe with my dragons.

5. Wind - too bright green for me, but their primal is adorable! i prefer nature’s darker greens to wind’s light green. but wind gets a pass cuz spirals are the best breed.

6. Plague - red eyes are super neat and could possibly fit in my lair. however, i deeply dislike the primal and the aesthetic. just not for me!

7. Lightning - i don’t care for the tech aesthetic, but honestly the eye colors are not bad. teal is my favorite color so i can admire the eye colors from a distance.

8. Water - my old flight back when i didn’t have an aesthetic lmao. eye colors are okay, just doesn’t vibe with my current lair. not a fan of the deep blue color. that swirly primal eye is dope tho.

9. Ice - eye color is neutral, but it’s too bright for my tastes and it can also be too blue. not a fan of the cold aesthetic, i get enough of that from living in michigan

10. Shadow - ehh, not a purple fan. neat goop primal, but doesn’t fit my lair whatsoever.

11. Arcane - i have an irl hatred for the color pink and it just doesn’t work well with my lair in general. i do like the space vibe, just not the color i want to be associated with.
Eye color is the only thing that matters to me when choosing a flight. I could care less about site lore or deities so there’s that :0

1. Earth - p e r f e c t eye color. beautifully neutral and just vibes with my lair aesthetic. earth primal? mmmmm so good. i will forever stay in earth flight.

2. Light - lovely eye colors that really fit with my lair aesthetic. some of the eye types are *too* yellow but that’s forgivable.

3. Nature - low key would’ve joined if earth didn’t exist. nature primal is just so so so beautiful and i will forever dream of getting more g1 nature primals. the nature aesthetic also goes well with my lair.

4. Fire - i think the eye colors are super cute! seems to be a very underrated flight. a bit too orange for me but otherwise i think it’d vibe with my dragons.

5. Wind - too bright green for me, but their primal is adorable! i prefer nature’s darker greens to wind’s light green. but wind gets a pass cuz spirals are the best breed.

6. Plague - red eyes are super neat and could possibly fit in my lair. however, i deeply dislike the primal and the aesthetic. just not for me!

7. Lightning - i don’t care for the tech aesthetic, but honestly the eye colors are not bad. teal is my favorite color so i can admire the eye colors from a distance.

8. Water - my old flight back when i didn’t have an aesthetic lmao. eye colors are okay, just doesn’t vibe with my current lair. not a fan of the deep blue color. that swirly primal eye is dope tho.

9. Ice - eye color is neutral, but it’s too bright for my tastes and it can also be too blue. not a fan of the cold aesthetic, i get enough of that from living in michigan

10. Shadow - ehh, not a purple fan. neat goop primal, but doesn’t fit my lair whatsoever.

11. Arcane - i have an irl hatred for the color pink and it just doesn’t work well with my lair in general. i do like the space vibe, just not the color i want to be associated with.
laV4cLs.gif
1. Wind

My first flight. Love love the bamboo aesthetics (I collect bamboo items aha), the great community, and the lore of being creative and travel-happy dragons. I might vacation there again one day, who knows.

2. Lightning

My current flight! Where my lore is going, this fits super well, what with the dark, stormy desert scape the flight is located in. Also, I'm rather amused by the whole workplace thing going on (player-created lore, I guess?), so I love that too haha. Also did I mention?? Blue?? Yessss.

3. Water

Literally the blue flight, mm. The color scheme is sooo me XD that, and water eyes are super pretty. If it weren't for my lore going in a dark turn, I'd vacation there!

4. Ice

I'm super into pastels and soft things, and that goes with ice eyes really well, so mmmmmm. That, and I'm a December baby + winter is my fav season, not to mention I love winter aesthetics?? Only reason why ice isn't up there with Lightning is because sometimes ice eyes look like zombie eyes and um, I don't like zombie... anything.

5. Light

Scholar vibes are *chef kiss*. The whole lore of Light is amazing. But I can't stand how bright and gold everything is in Light, aesthetics-wise, and the glitter thing is.. meh.

6-8. Earth, Shadow, Nature

These flights have really interesting lore. I also like purple (@ Shadow). But... not really my jam.

9. Fire

I find Fire interesting, but kind of... basic. Before FR, when I thought of dragons, it has always been the fire-breathing kind (aside from the different species of dragons in dnd), so I don't really get anything too exciting from there.

10. Arcane

I love space, I love magic, I love magic and science coexisting as one. But the PINK, oh my gods e.e;

11. Plague

As much as I love Plague's community (amazing people imo!!) and the 'survival of the fittest' vibe I get from its lore, the aesthetics and primal eyes are super detracting for me. In fact, I get a bit queasy from looking at even the RoR vista. I also hate the color red.

My take on the flights.
1. Wind

My first flight. Love love the bamboo aesthetics (I collect bamboo items aha), the great community, and the lore of being creative and travel-happy dragons. I might vacation there again one day, who knows.

2. Lightning

My current flight! Where my lore is going, this fits super well, what with the dark, stormy desert scape the flight is located in. Also, I'm rather amused by the whole workplace thing going on (player-created lore, I guess?), so I love that too haha. Also did I mention?? Blue?? Yessss.

3. Water

Literally the blue flight, mm. The color scheme is sooo me XD that, and water eyes are super pretty. If it weren't for my lore going in a dark turn, I'd vacation there!

4. Ice

I'm super into pastels and soft things, and that goes with ice eyes really well, so mmmmmm. That, and I'm a December baby + winter is my fav season, not to mention I love winter aesthetics?? Only reason why ice isn't up there with Lightning is because sometimes ice eyes look like zombie eyes and um, I don't like zombie... anything.

5. Light

Scholar vibes are *chef kiss*. The whole lore of Light is amazing. But I can't stand how bright and gold everything is in Light, aesthetics-wise, and the glitter thing is.. meh.

6-8. Earth, Shadow, Nature

These flights have really interesting lore. I also like purple (@ Shadow). But... not really my jam.

9. Fire

I find Fire interesting, but kind of... basic. Before FR, when I thought of dragons, it has always been the fire-breathing kind (aside from the different species of dragons in dnd), so I don't really get anything too exciting from there.

10. Arcane

I love space, I love magic, I love magic and science coexisting as one. But the PINK, oh my gods e.e;

11. Plague

As much as I love Plague's community (amazing people imo!!) and the 'survival of the fittest' vibe I get from its lore, the aesthetics and primal eyes are super detracting for me. In fact, I get a bit queasy from looking at even the RoR vista. I also hate the color red.

My take on the flights.
Gale
FR + 16/17 | Korea | She/Her
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13