Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any embarassing FR stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I legit audibly gasped at OP's anecdote, that's hilarious

I legit audibly gasped at OP's anecdote, that's hilarious
jIRALXN.pngNBJG3D5.gif
thread of makes you cringe. rip

i can't recall any recent embarrassments aside from newbie nonsense that is XD
thread of makes you cringe. rip

i can't recall any recent embarrassments aside from newbie nonsense that is XD
owleics.gif
Oh, there was this thread reporting a bug...and I don't even remember what I said but it was something really dumb, dramatic, and fancy-sounding because why not. I thought it was funny at the time, until the original poster told me it was rude/not funny or something (I was a newbie, I don't really remember)... It was totally rude though (unintentionally but still), and I was too scared to apologize (I also deleted the post). So to this day (probably three years later) I still remember who the user was, and years later I live with it...I don't even know if the user remembers but it's almost definitely too late to apologize and I still feel bad whenever I think about it...

OP's story though...I am so sorry. *cross between laughing and crying*
Oh, there was this thread reporting a bug...and I don't even remember what I said but it was something really dumb, dramatic, and fancy-sounding because why not. I thought it was funny at the time, until the original poster told me it was rude/not funny or something (I was a newbie, I don't really remember)... It was totally rude though (unintentionally but still), and I was too scared to apologize (I also deleted the post). So to this day (probably three years later) I still remember who the user was, and years later I live with it...I don't even know if the user remembers but it's almost definitely too late to apologize and I still feel bad whenever I think about it...

OP's story though...I am so sorry. *cross between laughing and crying*
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
That's a big F op

I thought I'd finally hatched the right genome for a project, so I went ahead and leveled and exalted the 10 dragons I was breeding to get the colors. Then I put the hatchling into the scrying workshop and realized I'd mixed up the primary and secondary colors.

-sigh- This is why my breeding projects take years
That's a big F op

I thought I'd finally hatched the right genome for a project, so I went ahead and leveled and exalted the 10 dragons I was breeding to get the colors. Then I put the hatchling into the scrying workshop and realized I'd mixed up the primary and secondary colors.

-sigh- This is why my breeding projects take years
tumblr_pkudlq16Wl1wnugyjo1_500.png
[emoji=eliminate size=1]
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
Oh lord
Oh lord
68-F971-B2-F51-A-4-DE7-8103-DEECE3-DE1-BC9.png
One time on a giving tree thread I really needed stuff so I went out and bought an expensive item for the above user. I send the item and they accept then I come back to the thread and someone else already posted.
One time on a giving tree thread I really needed stuff so I went out and bought an expensive item for the above user. I send the item and they accept then I come back to the thread and someone else already posted.
68-F971-B2-F51-A-4-DE7-8103-DEECE3-DE1-BC9.png
Tried to PA someone leveled fodder for a whole 100kt, because I can't read numbers. =.=
Tried to PA someone leveled fodder for a whole 100kt, because I can't read numbers. =.=
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
When Banescales came out, I had a huge project. Spent RL $$ on it. Only to realize I'd species changed, gene changed, and otherwise spent a ton of gems on dragons that were related. D: So I shamefully spent more money to make two pairs instead of one.
When Banescales came out, I had a huge project. Spent RL $$ on it. Only to realize I'd species changed, gene changed, and otherwise spent a ton of gems on dragons that were related. D: So I shamefully spent more money to make two pairs instead of one.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
[quote name="CyanicPanic" date="2020-06-14 16:48:00" ] So to this day (probably three years later) I still remember who the user was, and years later I live with it...I don't even know if the user remembers but it's almost definitely too late to apologize and I still feel bad whenever I think about it... [/quote] The most likely situation is that they don't remember it ever happened, and the next-most likely is they vaguely remember someone said something, but they don't remember exactly what or exactly who. I'm certain they don't remember it every time they see your name, or anything like that. So my advice Part A would be to let it go, and just keep on with your life. But it's never too late to apologise, if it's going to bother you till you do. So if it is, my advice Part B would be to send them a message, and let them tell you it happened ages ago and they never even think about it. :)
CyanicPanic wrote on 2020-06-14 16:48:00:
So to this day (probably three years later) I still remember who the user was, and years later I live with it...I don't even know if the user remembers but it's almost definitely too late to apologize and I still feel bad whenever I think about it...

The most likely situation is that they don't remember it ever happened, and the next-most likely is they vaguely remember someone said something, but they don't remember exactly what or exactly who. I'm certain they don't remember it every time they see your name, or anything like that.

So my advice Part A would be to let it go, and just keep on with your life.

But it's never too late to apologise, if it's going to bother you till you do. So if it is, my advice Part B would be to send them a message, and let them tell you it happened ages ago and they never even think about it. :)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9