Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any embarassing FR stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Needed Fire babies, went to the Big Nest Rental Topic. It was out of date, sure, but I checked to see that the person I was messaging was still active and accepting rentals. What I did not check-- or notice, despite the flight banner at the top of the page-- was that they'd since changed to Lightening. Went to check on the eggs later, and I was like why is it blue... that doesn't look like a Fire nest... d'oh!

I was also breeding for several fandragons at once, and I accidentally send that same pair (or some iteration of it) to the Shadow nest instead of the Fire nest. Had to send an urgent "hey don't breed them!" message. Fortunately, they had not bred them yet and were able to give them back to me.
Needed Fire babies, went to the Big Nest Rental Topic. It was out of date, sure, but I checked to see that the person I was messaging was still active and accepting rentals. What I did not check-- or notice, despite the flight banner at the top of the page-- was that they'd since changed to Lightening. Went to check on the eggs later, and I was like why is it blue... that doesn't look like a Fire nest... d'oh!

I was also breeding for several fandragons at once, and I accidentally send that same pair (or some iteration of it) to the Shadow nest instead of the Fire nest. Had to send an urgent "hey don't breed them!" message. Fortunately, they had not bred them yet and were able to give them back to me.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
Right when Starmap came out, I made a thread speculating on what its partner gene would be, only for people to point out that it was already said Constellation is the name of its partner gene. So yeah, turns out I was stupid and I couldn't read.
Right when Starmap came out, I made a thread speculating on what its partner gene would be, only for people to point out that it was already said Constellation is the name of its partner gene. So yeah, turns out I was stupid and I couldn't read.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
One day in October of 2017 I set out on a long, drawn out quest to hatch an obsidian/obsidian/obsidian G1 myself. Ever since I embarked on this journey, the entirety of the FR community has followed me and witnessed my suffering at the hands of RNG.

This year will mark three years of this insanity. At this point it's just about the principle of it and less about the dragon.
One day in October of 2017 I set out on a long, drawn out quest to hatch an obsidian/obsidian/obsidian G1 myself. Ever since I embarked on this journey, the entirety of the FR community has followed me and witnessed my suffering at the hands of RNG.

This year will mark three years of this insanity. At this point it's just about the principle of it and less about the dragon.
[quote name="meowmeowmeow222" date="2020-06-13 23:59:16" ] Here's mine: I got a dragon from the give/get a pretty thread, and gave it over to the give/get an ugly, with the caption "ew!"............. .....to the person who had given him to me. [/quote] sorry was it too rude to laugh?
meowmeowmeow222 wrote on 2020-06-13 23:59:16:
Here's mine:
I got a dragon from the give/get a pretty thread, and gave it over to the give/get an ugly, with the caption "ew!".............

.....to the person who had given him to me.

sorry was it too rude to laugh?

blue | +2 FRT
casual love

raffle
pm me to be friends!
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
16471.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2020-06-14 06:09:25" ] Someone wanted to use our nest so they sent us their dragons. We accidentally trained them because we thought they were some of the ugly fodder we'd bought :D Sent them back and didn't even notice until we got an angry PM saying it's rude to train someone else's dragons without asking. [/quote] honestly, i would be thankful that you didn't exalt hh you would've saved me time from training the dragon myself
Lonin wrote on 2020-06-14 06:09:25:
Someone wanted to use our nest so they sent us their dragons. We accidentally trained them because we thought they were some of the ugly fodder we'd bought :D
Sent them back and didn't even notice until we got an angry PM saying it's rude to train someone else's dragons without asking.
honestly, i would be thankful that you didn't exalt hh you would've saved me time from training the dragon myself

blue | +2 FRT
casual love

raffle
pm me to be friends!
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
16471.png
I was looking for an image code that I couldn't find in the comprehensive dragon bio resources guide. Accidentally bumped a 5-year old sales thread where the image had been located, instead of the other tab I was replying to a thread in.
I was looking for an image code that I couldn't find in the comprehensive dragon bio resources guide. Accidentally bumped a 5-year old sales thread where the image had been located, instead of the other tab I was replying to a thread in.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
[quote name="Calyypso" date="2020-06-14 07:23:18" ] [quote name="Lonin" date="2020-06-14 06:09:25" ] Someone wanted to use our nest so they sent us their dragons. We accidentally trained them because we thought they were some of the ugly fodder we'd bought :D Sent them back and didn't even notice until we got an angry PM saying it's rude to train someone else's dragons without asking. [/quote] honestly, i would be thankful that you didn't exalt hh you would've saved me time from training the dragon myself [/quote] :D Luckily you can't exalt dragons on a nest.
Calyypso wrote on 2020-06-14 07:23:18:
Lonin wrote on 2020-06-14 06:09:25:
Someone wanted to use our nest so they sent us their dragons. We accidentally trained them because we thought they were some of the ugly fodder we'd bought :D
Sent them back and didn't even notice until we got an angry PM saying it's rude to train someone else's dragons without asking.
honestly, i would be thankful that you didn't exalt hh you would've saved me time from training the dragon myself
:D Luckily you can't exalt dragons on a nest.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I may have accidentally thanked myself in a CR once. Sent the CR with a standard "thanks for the trade" message, the other person attached their half of the trade without comment (as you do), and I, being half asleep at the time of ping, read my own message and replied "thanks, you too!".

This was some months ago, and I still can't go to the Crossroads without cringing.
I may have accidentally thanked myself in a CR once. Sent the CR with a standard "thanks for the trade" message, the other person attached their half of the trade without comment (as you do), and I, being half asleep at the time of ping, read my own message and replied "thanks, you too!".

This was some months ago, and I still can't go to the Crossroads without cringing.
DSfRuAQ.png
I gave away a bunch of G1s in a giveaway and I put in the post that anyone who won one could exalt it if they wished. There was one I was particularly sad to see go but I didn't want to have to spend so many gems on it's gene plan - you know those dragons that are basically fodder except for one specific gene combo that makes them look good? yeah thats her, she's called Piglet - anyway, off she was yeeted. About a week later I wanted to see if anyone had any plans for their G1s and I checked up on her and she was exalted, which is fine!!! However, cue me turning up in the winner's inbox like [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7abce3e7d2f430c35ff0a175b34d0d74/tumblr_inline_oj2q4lhgcy1rosr4j_540.png[/img] Still makes me cringe and I still don't know what to do with her
I gave away a bunch of G1s in a giveaway and I put in the post that anyone who won one could exalt it if they wished.

There was one I was particularly sad to see go but I didn't want to have to spend so many gems on it's gene plan - you know those dragons that are basically fodder except for one specific gene combo that makes them look good? yeah thats her, she's called Piglet - anyway, off she was yeeted.

About a week later I wanted to see if anyone had any plans for their G1s and I checked up on her and she was exalted, which is fine!!!

However, cue me turning up in the winner's inbox like

tumblr_inline_oj2q4lhgcy1rosr4j_540.png

Still makes me cringe and I still don't know what to do with her
Heart.gif
i haven't really had any tbh ! well, i remember when i was a newbie and i wanted to haggle a basic/basic/basic dragon for tons of apparel and the other user was like "bruh do you KNOW how much that is worth" and yee
i haven't really had any tbh ! well, i remember when i was a newbie and i wanted to haggle a basic/basic/basic dragon for tons of apparel and the other user was like "bruh do you KNOW how much that is worth" and yee
CUnQdgy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9