Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any embarassing FR stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
way way back in the long ago days of year 1 (~spring 2014) i accidentally started tumblr discourse about people spending their money on pixel dragons

there was a XXX... sanguine? g1 hatched and the auctions started. when it got to the point where someone was offering $150 worth of gems, i expressed my "***" on the main post. a popular (at the time) fr blogger reblogged my comment talking about how i shouldn't try and dictate what people spend their own on and it was none of my business, and that was a domino effect across fr tumblr

i am now no longer active in any communities/fandoms on tumblr :')
way way back in the long ago days of year 1 (~spring 2014) i accidentally started tumblr discourse about people spending their money on pixel dragons

there was a XXX... sanguine? g1 hatched and the auctions started. when it got to the point where someone was offering $150 worth of gems, i expressed my "***" on the main post. a popular (at the time) fr blogger reblogged my comment talking about how i shouldn't try and dictate what people spend their own on and it was none of my business, and that was a domino effect across fr tumblr

i am now no longer active in any communities/fandoms on tumblr :')
YB7yVCF.pngicon by noxus #408862
this wasnt publically embarrassing but i embarrassed myself so i was new and g&g didnt exist, i figured that the lucky streak would get me some sort of price or chest or something if it was full. up to like 6 am playing tidal trouble to fill it up. ''one more game, finally'' literally nothing happens [img]https://i.imgur.com/dK8fCWw.png[/img]
this wasnt publically embarrassing but i embarrassed myself

so i was new and g&g didnt exist, i figured that the lucky streak would get me some sort of price or chest or something if it was full.

up to like 6 am playing tidal trouble to fill it up.

''one more game, finally''

literally nothing happens

dK8fCWw.png
skydancer_done.png
When I was new I didnt realize you could gather in other flights, so I only ever gathered in plague. Now I'm stuck on a bunch of hibden quests that require food from lvl 1 gathering in other flights and those items barely ever show up for me bc the pool of items I can collect is bigger. If I had just rotated where I gathered each time... rip
When I was new I didnt realize you could gather in other flights, so I only ever gathered in plague. Now I'm stuck on a bunch of hibden quests that require food from lvl 1 gathering in other flights and those items barely ever show up for me bc the pool of items I can collect is bigger. If I had just rotated where I gathered each time... rip
UiEAFzH.png She/her

+2 FR Time

Cryptid Collection
_B12_L.pngo203-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d05-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d05-Alo-Vra.png
oh man, one day i was renting out my nest for someone's hatchery (i had signed up to be a recurring nester for them) and they gave me a pair of dragons to breed, named Elvidge and Tania, an imp and a nocturne. they were brown/green dragons, so i assumed they just would look better with nature eyes, and they probably wanted some imp kids too!

but you see, i also had a dragon named Treesong, who was a tree dragon. furthermore, Treesong and Tania are both female dragons, with names starting with T, and i usually find dragons by typing the beginnings of their names...

...not only did i accidentally choose Treesong instead of Tania, but, i previewed the hatchlings, which previewed all as faes (obviously, against an imperial), and i remember my brain thinking it was correct on the basis of tree dragons ("yup those look like the right colors!"), and bred the nest.

except Treesong was unbred, and canonically a lesbian who already had a mate :')

the nest was also a wegg, so that was easier to deal with in lore than a whole bunch of kids, lol. i managed to intersperse all of it into her lore and i think it ended up helping build her character in an interesting way at least! but yeah, the first time i ever bred the wrong dragons together by accident, it was with someone else's dragon for a rented nest for a hatchery :'D so they had to wait a month on my end, oof... but i did breed the pair in the future successfully!
oh man, one day i was renting out my nest for someone's hatchery (i had signed up to be a recurring nester for them) and they gave me a pair of dragons to breed, named Elvidge and Tania, an imp and a nocturne. they were brown/green dragons, so i assumed they just would look better with nature eyes, and they probably wanted some imp kids too!

but you see, i also had a dragon named Treesong, who was a tree dragon. furthermore, Treesong and Tania are both female dragons, with names starting with T, and i usually find dragons by typing the beginnings of their names...

...not only did i accidentally choose Treesong instead of Tania, but, i previewed the hatchlings, which previewed all as faes (obviously, against an imperial), and i remember my brain thinking it was correct on the basis of tree dragons ("yup those look like the right colors!"), and bred the nest.

except Treesong was unbred, and canonically a lesbian who already had a mate :')

the nest was also a wegg, so that was easier to deal with in lore than a whole bunch of kids, lol. i managed to intersperse all of it into her lore and i think it ended up helping build her character in an interesting way at least! but yeah, the first time i ever bred the wrong dragons together by accident, it was with someone else's dragon for a rented nest for a hatchery :'D so they had to wait a month on my end, oof... but i did breed the pair in the future successfully!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
I cringed a bit reading that. I would have died.

When I was a newbie I didn't know the auction house existed so I went around PM'ing people Animal Jam-style if they had x item.
I cringed a bit reading that. I would have died.

When I was a newbie I didn't know the auction house existed so I went around PM'ing people Animal Jam-style if they had x item.
Made a thread about a bug I found. To find out it wasn't a bug but an actual part of the apparel.

oh and right at the start of my time here I sold my first egg to Crim. And there was no 'Do you wish to continue?' Warning then. It wasn't until I got my second egg that I realised what I gave her. Oops. Well I hope Crim (or Pinkerton) took care of them.
Made a thread about a bug I found. To find out it wasn't a bug but an actual part of the apparel.

oh and right at the start of my time here I sold my first egg to Crim. And there was no 'Do you wish to continue?' Warning then. It wasn't until I got my second egg that I realised what I gave her. Oops. Well I hope Crim (or Pinkerton) took care of them.
ji7Ja69.png______________MbQpXUR.gifA8YwNGs.gif______________ODwPvZt.png
When I was new I didn’t know that Imp scrolls were exclusive and nearly impossible to obtain. There was this raffle thingy where they would help you gene your progens and people were posting their progen plans. So I had my gene plan for my random progen as an imp because I thought it was just like any other breed with its scroll in the marketplace or something...yeah someone had to tell me that was basically impossible and haha I was pretty embarrassed just casually showing my gene plan that would have cost something astronomical :, )
When I was new I didn’t know that Imp scrolls were exclusive and nearly impossible to obtain. There was this raffle thingy where they would help you gene your progens and people were posting their progen plans. So I had my gene plan for my random progen as an imp because I thought it was just like any other breed with its scroll in the marketplace or something...yeah someone had to tell me that was basically impossible and haha I was pretty embarrassed just casually showing my gene plan that would have cost something astronomical :, )
ExmFc9Q.png
I think the most embarrassing thing for me is when I accidentally snipe/get sniped on those 'x dragon above you!' threads. I've started claiming posts more often, but it still happens sometimes.

I'm just glad I don't think I've done anything more embarrassing that that in my 5ish years here tbh.
I think the most embarrassing thing for me is when I accidentally snipe/get sniped on those 'x dragon above you!' threads. I've started claiming posts more often, but it still happens sometimes.

I'm just glad I don't think I've done anything more embarrassing that that in my 5ish years here tbh.
That's an [emoji=eliminate size=1] but I laughed at that One time when I was new to using the forums, I held up the IKTR thread because I didn't know what to do if I ninja'd someone. Somehow, I ended up pinging the same person with multiple posts three times, and got more people ninja'd in the process
That's an but I laughed at that

One time when I was new to using the forums, I held up the IKTR thread because I didn't know what to do if I ninja'd someone. Somehow, I ended up pinging the same person with multiple posts three times, and got more people ninja'd in the process
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
Trying to auction G1s and including one of my progens because I forgot that's what that dragon was. That was only a year and a half ago, I don't even have the excuse of being a newbie at the time.

Less FR specific but happened on FR, having a bad day and getting a little annoyed with a communication error. After a couple days back and forth, I checked their profile when more awake and realised they were ESL. I 100% deserved to feel embarrassed for being needlessly judgemental.
Trying to auction G1s and including one of my progens because I forgot that's what that dragon was. That was only a year and a half ago, I don't even have the excuse of being a newbie at the time.

Less FR specific but happened on FR, having a bad day and getting a little annoyed with a communication error. After a couple days back and forth, I checked their profile when more awake and realised they were ESL. I 100% deserved to feel embarrassed for being needlessly judgemental.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9