Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any embarassing FR stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Owchie oofie. I've kept almost all the dragons I've been gifted/gotten from threads. There's one exception, but I gave him to a newbie, so I don't feel bad. The worst thing I've one so far is convert the Delicate Bat Wings that Galore gave us a while back... that was before I realized I was a big dum
Owchie oofie. I've kept almost all the dragons I've been gifted/gotten from threads. There's one exception, but I gave him to a newbie, so I don't feel bad. The worst thing I've one so far is convert the Delicate Bat Wings that Galore gave us a while back... that was before I realized I was a big dum
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
i don't know if this is embarrassing as much as i still am upset at past me for it but when i was a new user i was complaining about being broke in the fr discussions thread (honestly that also makes me a little embarrassed) and someone was like oh here i dont want this anymore and gave me a light sprite. all i knew about light sprites was that they were worth a lot and for some reason having this thing worth so much money stressed me out SO bad. what was i to do with all this money in my hands! i couldn't possibly just leave it in my hoard or attach it to a dragon! for some reason! so naturally i made a post saying i had a light sprite, make an offer. so i accepted an offer that was like MAYBE a quarter to a half of what it was worth (at the time. its worth a lot more now) because... this is the worst part to me... i really liked wolf cape apparel at the time and they had all the different colors... so i was like, this is definitely a fair trade!

anyway no hard feelings to the person who got that light sprite (shoutout to the person who gave it to me out of the kindness of their heart, though, you were cool). it never really felt like it was mine to begin with and i was relieved to not have it sitting in my hoard anymore.

i would make a different decision about what i would do with it now but we all make mistakes i guess. mine just cost me a lot of fake dragon money. and i still have a lot of wolf capes sitting in my hoard to remind me.
i don't know if this is embarrassing as much as i still am upset at past me for it but when i was a new user i was complaining about being broke in the fr discussions thread (honestly that also makes me a little embarrassed) and someone was like oh here i dont want this anymore and gave me a light sprite. all i knew about light sprites was that they were worth a lot and for some reason having this thing worth so much money stressed me out SO bad. what was i to do with all this money in my hands! i couldn't possibly just leave it in my hoard or attach it to a dragon! for some reason! so naturally i made a post saying i had a light sprite, make an offer. so i accepted an offer that was like MAYBE a quarter to a half of what it was worth (at the time. its worth a lot more now) because... this is the worst part to me... i really liked wolf cape apparel at the time and they had all the different colors... so i was like, this is definitely a fair trade!

anyway no hard feelings to the person who got that light sprite (shoutout to the person who gave it to me out of the kindness of their heart, though, you were cool). it never really felt like it was mine to begin with and i was relieved to not have it sitting in my hoard anymore.

i would make a different decision about what i would do with it now but we all make mistakes i guess. mine just cost me a lot of fake dragon money. and i still have a lot of wolf capes sitting in my hoard to remind me.
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
[quote name="Tygra" date="2020-06-14 13:06:02" ] oh and right at the start of my time here I sold my first egg to Crim. And there was no 'Do you wish to continue?' Warning then. It wasn't until I got my second egg that I realised what I gave her. Oops. Well I hope Crim (or Pinkerton) took care of them. [/quote] idk if Galore has a cannon lore origin but I'd like to believe Crim and Pinkerton raised your egg into Galore :)
Tygra wrote on 2020-06-14 13:06:02:

oh and right at the start of my time here I sold my first egg to Crim. And there was no 'Do you wish to continue?' Warning then. It wasn't until I got my second egg that I realised what I gave her. Oops. Well I hope Crim (or Pinkerton) took care of them.

idk if Galore has a cannon lore origin but I'd like to believe Crim and Pinkerton raised your egg into Galore :)
f5uqMGJ.png
I do a lot of business in the Crossroads and [i]ahhh, [/i]the amount of times I've gotten messages saying "heyyy i think you might have forgotten [very important/expensive item]"... and then I do the walk of shame having to cancel and restart the CR because I'm a fool. [emoji=skull size=1]
I do a lot of business in the Crossroads and ahhh, the amount of times I've gotten messages saying "heyyy i think you might have forgotten [very important/expensive item]"... and then I do the walk of shame having to cancel and restart the CR because I'm a fool.
VfJfrBs.jpeg
After sludge and slime came out, I had an idea for a breeding pair themed after marshmallows, little gooey pink snapper babies. I got the pair ready and gened pretty quick spending quite a bit of in game money on them. I made a little interest check because I was excited and then... I was told that marshmallows aren't actually pink. It turns out in many countries marshmallows are only white! I deleted the thread and only bred the pair once for the shame. What a waste. [emoji=ridgeback sad size=1]
After sludge and slime came out, I had an idea for a breeding pair themed after marshmallows, little gooey pink snapper babies. I got the pair ready and gened pretty quick spending quite a bit of in game money on them. I made a little interest check because I was excited and then... I was told that marshmallows aren't actually pink. It turns out in many countries marshmallows are only white! I deleted the thread and only bred the pair once for the shame. What a waste.
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
That's rough, buddy.
That's rough, buddy.
Can't you hear the bells singing along?
You all hear it on the radio
Can't you see the hero coming home?
Can't you hear the bells
677.png967.png23821.png
Haven't really got one myself I think, but that story really really made me laugh, so thanks for that hehe

How did they respond to it though?
Haven't really got one myself I think, but that story really really made me laugh, so thanks for that hehe

How did they respond to it though?
@pastelritten
they sent me a message telling me how rude it was to insult their dragon and return it to them like that, i immediately let them know it wasn't on purpose and went back on the trade. man, i wish i remembered what the dragon looked like....
@pastelritten
they sent me a message telling me how rude it was to insult their dragon and return it to them like that, i immediately let them know it wasn't on purpose and went back on the trade. man, i wish i remembered what the dragon looked like....
meowmeowmeow222.png
OP, I'm so sorry, but that is hilarious!

Most embarrassing thing I did recently was post in what I thought was a joking tone. Nope, I accidentally made a melodramatic post and probably hurt someone's feelings. I think I accidentally made it look like my feelings were hurt. Luckily someone else replied with a cheery post to fix the mood.
OP, I'm so sorry, but that is hilarious!

Most embarrassing thing I did recently was post in what I thought was a joking tone. Nope, I accidentally made a melodramatic post and probably hurt someone's feelings. I think I accidentally made it look like my feelings were hurt. Luckily someone else replied with a cheery post to fix the mood.
LxbWmll.png
Once accidentally bumped an ancient raffle for an Imp scroll... I think I followed a forum signature and didn't think to check the dates... yeah, I deleted my post pretty quick and blocked the incident from memory until this thread brought it back up.

I also once sent a one-way CR instead of two-way, but luckily the other person was nice enough to send their half in a one-way trade of their own.
Once accidentally bumped an ancient raffle for an Imp scroll... I think I followed a forum signature and didn't think to check the dates... yeah, I deleted my post pretty quick and blocked the incident from memory until this thread brought it back up.

I also once sent a one-way CR instead of two-way, but luckily the other person was nice enough to send their half in a one-way trade of their own.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9