Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thank you Devs
1 2 3 4 5 6
The devs and artists are the true MVPs <3 I didn't even mind the gradation, but now I'm glad they're doing a nice new thing to appeal to the great deal of people who were unsatisfied! I'm glad they're listening to players' concerns, I'm sure this gene will come back as the best it can be <3

(Now I'm off to make some rat subspecies, PLAGUE, AHOY!)
The devs and artists are the true MVPs <3 I didn't even mind the gradation, but now I'm glad they're doing a nice new thing to appeal to the great deal of people who were unsatisfied! I'm glad they're listening to players' concerns, I'm sure this gene will come back as the best it can be <3

(Now I'm off to make some rat subspecies, PLAGUE, AHOY!)
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
I hope they keep some of the glow, since that's the whole point of the gene, plus I really hope the upgraded gene won't end up like the whole Jupiter/Saturn disaster. [emoji=fae scared size=1] I also hope the artist(s) won't have to overwork themselves. As a player I appreciate that the devs take feedback inte consideration, but I don't want that feedback to lead them to crunch time. I would rather have them work at a steady pace on improving their old features and fixing old art errors instead of releasing new fancy stuff every two weeks. That being said, I'm looking forward to see the updated version! [emoji=red star size=1]
I hope they keep some of the glow, since that's the whole point of the gene, plus I really hope the upgraded gene won't end up like the whole Jupiter/Saturn disaster.

I also hope the artist(s) won't have to overwork themselves. As a player I appreciate that the devs take feedback inte consideration, but I don't want that feedback to lead them to crunch time. I would rather have them work at a steady pace on improving their old features and fixing old art errors instead of releasing new fancy stuff every two weeks.

That being said, I'm looking forward to see the updated version!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
I'm so so glad that they're listening to player feedback here, and very hopeful that this is a sign of how these situations will be handled in the future. The lack of communication in the past has been incredibly stressful and frustrating, and I very much appreciate that they've communicated with us this time.
I'm so so glad that they're listening to player feedback here, and very hopeful that this is a sign of how these situations will be handled in the future. The lack of communication in the past has been incredibly stressful and frustrating, and I very much appreciate that they've communicated with us this time.
wq9PoXA.png
I'm glad the devs listened, but the fact is I actually really liked the gene. Just, not as a gem gene. Its odd looks really fit well with Slime and Sludge, and other Baldwin genes. If it was a baldwin gene, i think it would be perfect.

I also like the fact that it was only effecting the tail, as we don't have a lot of genes that effect only a single part of a dragon.

I'm glad the devs listened, but the fact is I actually really liked the gene. Just, not as a gem gene. Its odd looks really fit well with Slime and Sludge, and other Baldwin genes. If it was a baldwin gene, i think it would be perfect.

I also like the fact that it was only effecting the tail, as we don't have a lot of genes that effect only a single part of a dragon.

[quote name="Xela" date="2020-05-08 13:00:13" ] Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too? [/quote] Pretty please Devs? I would actually use the HECK out of this gene if all the colors were as well defined as Black or Orca. Most of them have very poorly done shading and look like a blob of color, rather than stripes with some shading between. PS I love glow tail as is, but I can definitely see people’s concerns over a gene like this being a gem gene. I can wait for the re-do! One of my permas, a dragon I’ve had since I’ve started, has been tertless this entire time, and this one FINALLY works! [emoji=pearlcatcher love size=1]
Xela wrote on 2020-05-08 13:00:13:
Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too?

Pretty please Devs?

I would actually use the HECK out of this gene if all the colors were as well defined as Black or Orca. Most of them have very poorly done shading and look like a blob of color, rather than stripes with some shading between.

PS I love glow tail as is, but I can definitely see people’s concerns over a gene like this being a gem gene. I can wait for the re-do! One of my permas, a dragon I’ve had since I’ve started, has been tertless this entire time, and this one FINALLY works!
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
i'm grateful that staff listened too! others before said it better than i could, but the transparency and listening is greatly appreciated. i'm glad people are genuinely happy too; it seems like a win-win!

though i agree i didn't like the transition to the tail, i still liked the gene enough to buy a couple, and that's ok with me ^^ it just sounds like it'll get even better from here on out!
i'm grateful that staff listened too! others before said it better than i could, but the transparency and listening is greatly appreciated. i'm glad people are genuinely happy too; it seems like a win-win!

though i agree i didn't like the transition to the tail, i still liked the gene enough to buy a couple, and that's ok with me ^^ it just sounds like it'll get even better from here on out!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
[quote name="Xela" date="2020-05-08 13:00:13" ] Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too? [/quote] i would say that likely won't happen, as thylacine is a much older gene that thousands of dragons have. i'm sure plenty of people like it at this point, so altering it would probably be much more difficult than altering a brand new gene.. and it would annoy a lot of people who like the current look. i would kind of hate if my dragon's look was suddenly altered right after i gened them up
Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too?
i would say that likely won't happen, as thylacine is a much older gene that thousands of dragons have. i'm sure plenty of people like it at this point, so altering it would probably be much more difficult than altering a brand new gene.. and it would annoy a lot of people who like the current look. i would kind of hate if my dragon's look was suddenly altered right after i gened them up
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
[quote name="butcherbaby" date="2020-05-08 15:30:02" ] [quote name="Xela" date="2020-05-08 13:00:13" ] Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too? [/quote] Pretty please Devs? I would actually use the HECK out of this gene if all the colors were as well defined as Black or Orca. Most of them have very poorly done shading and look like a blob of color, rather than stripes with some shading between. PS I love glow tail as is, but I can definitely see people’s concerns over a gene like this being a gem gene. I can wait for the re-do! One of my permas, a dragon I’ve had since I’ve started, has been tertless this entire time, and this one FINALLY works! [emoji=pearlcatcher love size=1] [/quote] Considering how many people lost their minds over the old apparel updates that would be a crapstorm in the making. Be happy they listened on this one XD
butcherbaby wrote on 2020-05-08 15:30:02:

Pretty please Devs?

I would actually use the HECK out of this gene if all the colors were as well defined as Black or Orca. Most of them have very poorly done shading and look like a blob of color, rather than stripes with some shading between.

PS I love glow tail as is, but I can definitely see people’s concerns over a gene like this being a gem gene. I can wait for the re-do! One of my permas, a dragon I’ve had since I’ve started, has been tertless this entire time, and this one FINALLY works!

Considering how many people lost their minds over the old apparel updates that would be a crapstorm in the making. Be happy they listened on this one XD
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="cossmiicdolphin" date="2020-05-08 15:40:17" ] [quote name="Xela" date="2020-05-08 13:00:13" ] Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too? [/quote] i would say that likely won't happen, as thylacine is a much older gene that thousands of dragons have. i'm sure plenty of people like it at this point, so altering it would probably be much more difficult than altering a brand new gene.. and it would annoy a lot of people who like the current look. i would kind of hate if my dragon's look was suddenly altered right after i gened them up [/quote] Please don't change my goofy airbrushy gradient :( I'd only approve of this if they kept old dragons the way they are, which would create 1. a ton of complications and 2. a weird secondary market for Old Thylacine. Not every gene needs to look great with every color combo y'all, I'm okay with them changing actual art errors and fixing stuff up but not like... completely altering existing dragons
cossmiicdolphin wrote on 2020-05-08 15:40:17:
i would say that likely won't happen, as thylacine is a much older gene that thousands of dragons have. i'm sure plenty of people like it at this point, so altering it would probably be much more difficult than altering a brand new gene.. and it would annoy a lot of people who like the current look. i would kind of hate if my dragon's look was suddenly altered right after i gened them up

Please don't change my goofy airbrushy gradient :( I'd only approve of this if they kept old dragons the way they are, which would create 1. a ton of complications and 2. a weird secondary market for Old Thylacine.

Not every gene needs to look great with every color combo y'all, I'm okay with them changing actual art errors and fixing stuff up but not like... completely altering existing dragons
i liked glowtail perfectly fine as is but i'm glad staff is actually listening this time instead of just locking the thread and pretending nothing happened. would be nice if they were this open and communicative from the beginning but better late then never, i guess. i hope they're not just doing this because it's a gem gene.
i liked glowtail perfectly fine as is but i'm glad staff is actually listening this time instead of just locking the thread and pretending nothing happened. would be nice if they were this open and communicative from the beginning but better late then never, i guess. i hope they're not just doing this because it's a gem gene.
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
1 2 3 4 5 6