Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thank you Devs
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="PinkWater" date="2020-05-08 13:10:36" ] Is it still going to be a gem gene after this? They didn't really make that clear. [/quote] I don't see them changing that. Especially with there being already over a hundred and fifty dragons with the gene as it is already.
PinkWater wrote on 2020-05-08 13:10:36:
Is it still going to be a gem gene after this? They didn't really make that clear.

I don't see them changing that.
Especially with there being already over a hundred and fifty dragons with the gene as it is already.
4QFtgPW.png
i think the staff has been gunning for an update every 2 weeks, but obviously they need more time, and as a community we should be there for them and say, "take your time." glowtail has a lot of potential, it just needs some extra attention. the artists gotta get their rest too! that's not to say i think that they're being pushed too hard, i just think there's a lot on their palate right now. staff, just know you shouldn't feel obligated to crank out a new gene or apparel set every 2 weeks. we as a community understand
i think the staff has been gunning for an update every 2 weeks, but obviously they need more time, and as a community we should be there for them and say, "take your time." glowtail has a lot of potential, it just needs some extra attention. the artists gotta get their rest too! that's not to say i think that they're being pushed too hard, i just think there's a lot on their palate right now. staff, just know you shouldn't feel obligated to crank out a new gene or apparel set every 2 weeks. we as a community understand
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
Thank you staff for listening, and acknowledging we have been heard! [emoji=spiral love size=2]
Thank you staff for listening, and acknowledging we have been heard!
I didn't mind the gene, but it also wasn't my favourite thing. It felt like there wasn't enough gradient, and personally I'd add on some more colour somewhere (maybe glowy spots on the wings, or trailing down the body leading towards the tail?). It just feels too bottom-heavy at the moment to be only the tail. I've been on FR since 2014. I've had times of being happy with the devs, and honestly many more of just being disappointed. I won't bring up [i][b]all[/b][/i] of the times I've been disappointed/salty with them, but I think there's a very recent one we can all agree with! So seeing them make this announcement within 10 hours of the initial release... I'm just so happy! We need transparency, we need communication... If staff can handle things in such a manner from here on out, I think it would be better for everyone. Communication is key! I think this also shows that they need to slow down on the artists and on releases. Sure, new genes are fun! But so many mistakes (some small, some obvious) slipped through the cracks on this one... We would rather have quality over quantity. It's why moderns take so long to release, yes? Because a completed product is better than an incomplete one that needs to be fixed at later dates! tl;dr As a long-time FR user, thanks so much to all of the FR team! This is super relieving and nice to see [emoji=heart size=1]
I didn't mind the gene, but it also wasn't my favourite thing. It felt like there wasn't enough gradient, and personally I'd add on some more colour somewhere (maybe glowy spots on the wings, or trailing down the body leading towards the tail?). It just feels too bottom-heavy at the moment to be only the tail.

I've been on FR since 2014. I've had times of being happy with the devs, and honestly many more of just being disappointed. I won't bring up all of the times I've been disappointed/salty with them, but I think there's a very recent one we can all agree with! So seeing them make this announcement within 10 hours of the initial release... I'm just so happy! We need transparency, we need communication... If staff can handle things in such a manner from here on out, I think it would be better for everyone. Communication is key!

I think this also shows that they need to slow down on the artists and on releases. Sure, new genes are fun! But so many mistakes (some small, some obvious) slipped through the cracks on this one... We would rather have quality over quantity. It's why moderns take so long to release, yes? Because a completed product is better than an incomplete one that needs to be fixed at later dates!

tl;dr As a long-time FR user, thanks so much to all of the FR team! This is super relieving and nice to see
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
I'm really happy that they listened to us! I liked the gene's concept, but it wasn't executed that well. I'm really excited to see how they improve it :D
I'm really happy that they listened to us! I liked the gene's concept, but it wasn't executed that well. I'm really excited to see how they improve it :D
x

Redworm

x

x ♥ MIDGE!
it/he/they
> wishlist
> avatar
> FRT+0!
x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnature.gif
Thank you staff!
Thank you staff!
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
[quote name="Xela" date="2020-05-08 13:00:13" ] Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too? [/quote] Changing Thylacine impacts tons of people's existing dragons, particularly ones that have been near and dear to those players for years now. Glowtail just barely released, and bc it was a gem gene staff know exactly how many copies were bought and possibly applied. They made the choice to modify it right after release knowing some of those players might be upset, but also it's early enough that they can offer that limited number of people refunds or whatever. All that said, I'd love a non-gradient [i]alternative[/i] to Thylacine and I'm sure the staff know how popular that would be.
Xela wrote on 2020-05-08 13:00:13:
Uhm, if the devs are altering glowtail, would it be cheeky of me to ask if the unpleasant, airbrushed on looking gradient on thylcine in most colours was improved on too?

Changing Thylacine impacts tons of people's existing dragons, particularly ones that have been near and dear to those players for years now. Glowtail just barely released, and bc it was a gem gene staff know exactly how many copies were bought and possibly applied. They made the choice to modify it right after release knowing some of those players might be upset, but also it's early enough that they can offer that limited number of people refunds or whatever.

All that said, I'd love a non-gradient alternative to Thylacine and I'm sure the staff know how popular that would be.
OVI5Wp2.gif
@Deladria I suppose the foreground glow needs to be toned down a bit because it overlaps with other layers and hides details. Take the tufts of fur on the back legs of an Imperial for example. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=2&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=54&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=236be7a8d479366365f86a9dd7fb04a8e0ea23cd&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Deladria I suppose the foreground glow needs to be toned down a bit because it overlaps with other layers and hides details. Take the tufts of fur on the back legs of an Imperial for example.
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=2&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=54&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=236be7a8d479366365f86a9dd7fb04a8e0ea23cd&dummyext=prev.png
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
Thank you, Devs, for listening to the playerbase! I'm sorry that didn't really have the time to put my thoughts into words so I could only say it looked lazy, so I'm sorry for not giving better criticism.

So, to make up for that, if any of you are reading this:

-The beginning of the gene is too abrupt and sudden, like it's a sock or a tattoo affixed to the skin. Fading it or subtly blending it into the skin would help immensely and give it a smoother transition. I suggest rather than using grey like in some of the colours you should continue using the colour of the gene itself.
-Like with Runes and Firefly, we can have glowing colours outside of the dragon's lines. Perhaps making the tail have a soft glow outside the dragon's lines would make it feel better.
-Glitter and shinies, maybe? Gem genes have a bit of a thing going on with glitter as that seems to catch everyone's eye.

Oh, and by the way: Please, please, for the love of god, take a little break for a while, for your own sanity! You don't have to release new genes every two weeks or every month. It's okay if you don't release anything for a few months. It used to be that way.

You don't have to focus on the genes. Genes come second to more important things, like the map revamp, Adventure Mode, updating parts of the site, or the new Nymph ancient or the new Modern breed.

Thank you for the hard work you have done, despite our community's avid disposition towards the stuff you put out.

Thank you, Devs, for listening to the playerbase! I'm sorry that didn't really have the time to put my thoughts into words so I could only say it looked lazy, so I'm sorry for not giving better criticism.

So, to make up for that, if any of you are reading this:

-The beginning of the gene is too abrupt and sudden, like it's a sock or a tattoo affixed to the skin. Fading it or subtly blending it into the skin would help immensely and give it a smoother transition. I suggest rather than using grey like in some of the colours you should continue using the colour of the gene itself.
-Like with Runes and Firefly, we can have glowing colours outside of the dragon's lines. Perhaps making the tail have a soft glow outside the dragon's lines would make it feel better.
-Glitter and shinies, maybe? Gem genes have a bit of a thing going on with glitter as that seems to catch everyone's eye.

Oh, and by the way: Please, please, for the love of god, take a little break for a while, for your own sanity! You don't have to release new genes every two weeks or every month. It's okay if you don't release anything for a few months. It used to be that way.

You don't have to focus on the genes. Genes come second to more important things, like the map revamp, Adventure Mode, updating parts of the site, or the new Nymph ancient or the new Modern breed.

Thank you for the hard work you have done, despite our community's avid disposition towards the stuff you put out.

18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
I have dear permas with Thylacine and I'm gonna say a [i]hard[/i] no to changing it. But maybe we really should encourage the staff to take their time more. Are they really trying to release stuff every two weeks? That's way too fast. FR doesn't work like Neopets, there's [i]always[/i] something to keep occupied with here. Once a month would be plenty, or maybe even more than enough since there's always a fest as well. [quote name="ShiroiYoukai" date="2020-05-08 13:27:18" ] @/Deladria I suppose the foreground glow needs to be toned down a bit because it overlaps with other layers and hides details. Take the tufts of fur on the back legs of an Imperial for example. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=2&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=54&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=236be7a8d479366365f86a9dd7fb04a8e0ea23cd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] Oooh so that's it, yeah that doesn't look so good right now.
I have dear permas with Thylacine and I'm gonna say a hard no to changing it.

But maybe we really should encourage the staff to take their time more. Are they really trying to release stuff every two weeks? That's way too fast. FR doesn't work like Neopets, there's always something to keep occupied with here. Once a month would be plenty, or maybe even more than enough since there's always a fest as well.

ShiroiYoukai wrote on 2020-05-08 13:27:18:
@/Deladria I suppose the foreground glow needs to be toned down a bit because it overlaps with other layers and hides details. Take the tufts of fur on the back legs of an Imperial for example.
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=2&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=54&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=236be7a8d479366365f86a9dd7fb04a8e0ea23cd&dummyext=prev.png
Oooh so that's it, yeah that doesn't look so good right now.
don't like my dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6