Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FrTropes: Common User Lore Tropes
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29
-the oddly specific trope of the large ancient female guardian, usually the progen and/or clan founder, who sleeps forever curled around the thing that clan was founded around and/or deep in the heart of the territory in general while her friends run the clan in her absence. usually has been asleep so long she's covered in/fused with rocks/plants/ect.
-the oddly specific trope of the large ancient female guardian, usually the progen and/or clan founder, who sleeps forever curled around the thing that clan was founded around and/or deep in the heart of the territory in general while her friends run the clan in her absence. usually has been asleep so long she's covered in/fused with rocks/plants/ect.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2020-04-27 11:11:01" ] -chess/poker/ect themed shadow dragon [/quote] my username is [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426484&tab=dragon&did=59566181]Cards[/url] ok [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=426484&did=60999361]I[/url] had [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426484&tab=dragon&did=50325596]to[/url] [size=1]chess doesn't actually play chess a lot but it counTS[/size]
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2020-04-27 11:11:01:
-chess/poker/ect themed shadow dragon
my username is Cards ok I had to

chess doesn't actually play chess a lot but it counTS

Taiga
He/Him
+3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.png jPdGQf9.gif PaI4dmB.png
OK 90% of these are calling me out but I think I was hit hardest by:

- Shade cult (I have p much an entire tab for them in my hibden)

- Possessed by some supernatural force, usually the shade (*cough* the entire shade cult *cough*)

- Fandragon with adapted lore (I'll never tell)

- Guardian whose charge is their mate

- Guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen (Yes it's my custom.) Bonus: they're clan leader.

- Cult dedicated to other original god (admittedly they're minor deity figures, and not true gods) character, bonus points if it's represented by another dragon in the lair.

- Level 1 who can beat up anything (who doesn't have at least one) (I have lots)

- Clan is described as a collection of misfits, outcasts, oddballs, ect. who became family to eachother

- Absurdly specific good noble gentle strong motherly reasonable female guardian clan leader.

- Conspiracy to overthrow (said absurdly specific) clan leader.

- Absurdly specific troubled royal son of gentle guardian mom clan leader who may or may not be a traitor. (He's going to side with the conspiracy to overthrow the clan leader.)
OK 90% of these are calling me out but I think I was hit hardest by:

- Shade cult (I have p much an entire tab for them in my hibden)

- Possessed by some supernatural force, usually the shade (*cough* the entire shade cult *cough*)

- Fandragon with adapted lore (I'll never tell)

- Guardian whose charge is their mate

- Guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen (Yes it's my custom.) Bonus: they're clan leader.

- Cult dedicated to other original god (admittedly they're minor deity figures, and not true gods) character, bonus points if it's represented by another dragon in the lair.

- Level 1 who can beat up anything (who doesn't have at least one) (I have lots)

- Clan is described as a collection of misfits, outcasts, oddballs, ect. who became family to eachother

- Absurdly specific good noble gentle strong motherly reasonable female guardian clan leader.

- Conspiracy to overthrow (said absurdly specific) clan leader.

- Absurdly specific troubled royal son of gentle guardian mom clan leader who may or may not be a traitor. (He's going to side with the conspiracy to overthrow the clan leader.)
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
I feel many fr-specific of these are because of trying to have the game mechanics and the lair lore to work together somehow. Also, walking the thin line of different breed and flight members being loyal to the site rule w/o being identical to the breed description etc.

-level 1 who can beat up anything
Reverted, my sweet pacifist progens are lvl 25. I have no interest with the level tying up with the dragon's actual skills, running coli is running coli and writing lore is writing lore.

-everyone knows everyone else
Reasonable with this lair size.

-exalting is death
Not yet used this but will probably use in the future. You gotta kill your dragons off somehow! Alternatively, I'll just slap them to another lair tab if I still have non-lore use for them.

-canon breed sizes are ignored
Trying not to but I'll probably do this accidentally at some point... the size differences are ...impractical, to say the least.

-breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems
Also trying to avoid, but changes are I won't remember everything. See also the thing about making the dragon neither a breed stereotype nor completely ignoring breed traits.

-silks and flowerfalls everywhere, even on dragons with physically demanding jobs. like the apparel version of level 1 who can beat up anything.
...I like pretty.

-warrior cats style naming schemes
Like Noun+noun? Guilty, but in general the names (including those of this variety) are just names without having a bearing to the lore in my lair.

-collects bones, flowers, or something along those lines (i literally have one who's only real personality trait is collecting bones)
Well, garden is not a hoard, but the goal is to get there as much diversity as possible. It's also the clan's foremost reason to exist.

-clan is some type of inn or tavern or other rest stop for travelers
To some extend. It's more of a shop for the stuff they get from the garden but it's a-okay for the customers to chill about and maybe have a cup of tea? How about cookies with it?

-clan is allied with the beastclans
Practices trade with the non-hostile ones.

-clan is described as a collection of misfits, outcasts, oddballs, ect. who became family to eachother
I feel this is too something many do to explain the fact their clan has all flights and breeds. Including me to some extend but it varies from dragon to dragon. For some it's more of a profession and they maintain ties with their birth clan, some may not know where their original clan is etc. But they do care about each other a great deal.

-clan is described as or implied to have an unusually progressive culture for it's place and time in some way
Treating dragons and beastclan representatives as inviduals is one of the clan's main tenets.

-no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never suspected of being spies
My clan is explicitly antiracist but that doesn't mean the members aren't hum-- I mean dragon, with their flaws and prejudices. There's also in-clan dispute regarding to what amounts to reasonable precaution and what to unfair judgement.

-everyone has and is good at their dream job
The ones I have thought out this far do like their jobs and are capable of them.

-the only professions that exist are ones that you'd expect to see in d&d (it's pretty hard to not end up like this, most people including myself don't really know much about how non-fantasy adventuring party jobs work.)
Might be, I don't know.

-exalted/sold/abandoned/ect for being ugly
Shh, the exalts just happen to be ugly. And may be retconned from the existence wholly.

-undead and/or necromancer plague dragon
I'd imagine they'd have hard time unless they've changed flights... and afaik many flights are almost as much against necromancy as the plaguebringer.

-dragon who's entire personality is being extremely kind and sweet and flawless to an overwhelming degree
...I hope Mayblossom isn't this. Hmm, she's a worrywort though which arguably is a flaw - but no doormat either.

-nature dragon that is entirely nature themed and probably has a nature-related profession
*side eyes the entire clan*

-the history of the clan's founding is the story of how the mated progens met
The obvious choice.

-progens are always mates
Also an obvious choice.

-dragon washed up in a storm as a hatchling or similar
Yup.

-absurdly specific good noble gentle strong motherly reasonable female guardian clan leader
She's fae and thus not physically strong but other than that... guilty.

- Sweet, caring healer, probably Nature or Light flight
I have one, though her sweetness may not be very apparent to those not fae. She takes a lot after her mother.

- Quirky alchemist who's basically Baldwin with a different appearance
Not really but more of this variety than of the evil scientist or serious scholar varieties.

-ignores dragon's actual parents/offspring in favor of lore ones
Will probably do this at some point.

-clan has no actual way of obtaining income/goods to trade
They very much do.

- flight reps that get along just fine (pbbbbt i don't like conflict)
Currently I don't care about the eye colors, my lair is a hot mess of 'ooh pretty dragons' and 'how I'm ever going to fit this to my lore'.

- progens'/clan leaders' adopted children
The hatchling which I mentioned earlier and was found after a storm.

-Hyper Spiral
Somewhat.

- Dominance is literally never mentioned in lore and might as well not be a thing, even if a lair makes mention of exaltation and believing in the 11 gods
Yet to decide how I'll treat this issue.

-clan leader is the leader because they're the leader
And the progen and you better listen to her.

-maybe like, 1 or 2 dragons in a clan of hundreds whose role is to gather food.
Definitely not this bad but it would not hurt to have more dragons specificially directed to acquiring food.

-dragon whose 1 personality trait is that they're the opposite of their breed/flight stereotype
I have a pearlcatcher who's not interested in that pearlcatchers are above everyone else schtick but she was not raised by her breed anyway.

That's 33 I think :D
I feel many fr-specific of these are because of trying to have the game mechanics and the lair lore to work together somehow. Also, walking the thin line of different breed and flight members being loyal to the site rule w/o being identical to the breed description etc.

-level 1 who can beat up anything
Reverted, my sweet pacifist progens are lvl 25. I have no interest with the level tying up with the dragon's actual skills, running coli is running coli and writing lore is writing lore.

-everyone knows everyone else
Reasonable with this lair size.

-exalting is death
Not yet used this but will probably use in the future. You gotta kill your dragons off somehow! Alternatively, I'll just slap them to another lair tab if I still have non-lore use for them.

Trying not to but I'll probably do this accidentally at some point... the size differences are ...impractical, to say the least.

-breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems
Also trying to avoid, but changes are I won't remember everything. See also the thing about making the dragon neither a breed stereotype nor completely ignoring breed traits.

-silks and flowerfalls everywhere, even on dragons with physically demanding jobs. like the apparel version of level 1 who can beat up anything.
...I like pretty.

-warrior cats style naming schemes
Like Noun+noun? Guilty, but in general the names (including those of this variety) are just names without having a bearing to the lore in my lair.

-collects bones, flowers, or something along those lines (i literally have one who's only real personality trait is collecting bones)
Well, garden is not a hoard, but the goal is to get there as much diversity as possible. It's also the clan's foremost reason to exist.

-clan is some type of inn or tavern or other rest stop for travelers
To some extend. It's more of a shop for the stuff they get from the garden but it's a-okay for the customers to chill about and maybe have a cup of tea? How about cookies with it?

-clan is allied with the beastclans
Practices trade with the non-hostile ones.

-clan is described as a collection of misfits, outcasts, oddballs, ect. who became family to eachother
I feel this is too something many do to explain the fact their clan has all flights and breeds. Including me to some extend but it varies from dragon to dragon. For some it's more of a profession and they maintain ties with their birth clan, some may not know where their original clan is etc. But they do care about each other a great deal.

-clan is described as or implied to have an unusually progressive culture for it's place and time in some way
Treating dragons and beastclan representatives as inviduals is one of the clan's main tenets.

-no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never suspected of being spies
My clan is explicitly antiracist but that doesn't mean the members aren't hum-- I mean dragon, with their flaws and prejudices. There's also in-clan dispute regarding to what amounts to reasonable precaution and what to unfair judgement.

The ones I have thought out this far do like their jobs and are capable of them.

-the only professions that exist are ones that you'd expect to see in d&d (it's pretty hard to not end up like this, most people including myself don't really know much about how non-fantasy adventuring party jobs work.)
Might be, I don't know.

-exalted/sold/abandoned/ect for being ugly
Shh, the exalts just happen to be ugly. And may be retconned from the existence wholly.

-undead and/or necromancer plague dragon
I'd imagine they'd have hard time unless they've changed flights... and afaik many flights are almost as much against necromancy as the plaguebringer.

-dragon who's entire personality is being extremely kind and sweet and flawless to an overwhelming degree
...I hope Mayblossom isn't this. Hmm, she's a worrywort though which arguably is a flaw - but no doormat either.

-nature dragon that is entirely nature themed and probably has a nature-related profession
*side eyes the entire clan*

-the history of the clan's founding is the story of how the mated progens met
The obvious choice.

Also an obvious choice.

-dragon washed up in a storm as a hatchling or similar
Yup.

-absurdly specific good noble gentle strong motherly reasonable female guardian clan leader
She's fae and thus not physically strong but other than that... guilty.

- Sweet, caring healer, probably Nature or Light flight
I have one, though her sweetness may not be very apparent to those not fae. She takes a lot after her mother.

Not really but more of this variety than of the evil scientist or serious scholar varieties.

Will probably do this at some point.

-clan has no actual way of obtaining income/goods to trade
They very much do.

- flight reps that get along just fine (pbbbbt i don't like conflict)
Currently I don't care about the eye colors, my lair is a hot mess of 'ooh pretty dragons' and 'how I'm ever going to fit this to my lore'.

- progens'/clan leaders' adopted children
The hatchling which I mentioned earlier and was found after a storm.

-Hyper Spiral
Somewhat.

- Dominance is literally never mentioned in lore and might as well not be a thing, even if a lair makes mention of exaltation and believing in the 11 gods
Yet to decide how I'll treat this issue.

And the progen and you better listen to her.

-maybe like, 1 or 2 dragons in a clan of hundreds whose role is to gather food.
Definitely not this bad but it would not hurt to have more dragons specificially directed to acquiring food.

-dragon whose 1 personality trait is that they're the opposite of their breed/flight stereotype
I have a pearlcatcher who's not interested in that pearlcatchers are above everyone else schtick but she was not raised by her breed anyway.

That's 33 I think :D
Ooh, I'm green from unicellular algae-- oh wait, is it actually of envy?
o2J2pf7.png
[quote]-level 1 who can beat up anything (who doesn't have at least one)[/quote] Bane (i'm not bothering to level him now) [quote]-canon breed sizes are ignored[/quote] Kang and Lumina [quote]-breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems[/quote] My lore literally only uses charges- [quote]-familiar keeper aka unofficial fiona[/quote] It's Jet, how y'all [quote]-cult dedicated to other original god character, bonus points if it's represented by another dragon in the lair[/quote] Tide cult Tide cult Tide cult [quote]-guardian who's charge is their mate[/quote] Kang and Lumina- [quote]-no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never suspected of being spies[/quote] Hare's Wares- What is...racism [quote]-everyone has and is good at their dream job[/quote] *cough cough* hare's wares *COUGH* [quote]-[s]snappers[/s] Imperials as grandmas, guardians as grandpas[/quote] Lumina and Kang- [quote]-for some reason i've noticed this really specific thing that happens in a lot of really long-running strongly interconnected and in-depth clan lores, where there's really often this one specific character, almost always a male imperial, who's extremely powerful to the point of mildly implied to outright 4th wall breaking, who always seems to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else and know exactly what's going on, and who shows up all the time to drive the plot forwards with their supernatural powers? and they usually have kind of a [s]smug snarky elegant[/s] chaotic chessmaster personality? i don't know what's up with that but i've seen it at least 3 different times now in unrelated clan lores of wildly varying tone.[/quote] Tide, except he has xXGIVEMEYOURTOESXx energy and his story is just him and Bucket starting a cult. [quote]-dead parents[/quote] *A single tear poetically falls down Franco's cheek* [quote]-frazzled archivist[/quote] Takka, screaming- "WHY DID ThEY BUY ALL OF THEM. WHY DID YOU LET THEM?! THE DOCUMENTS, THE STOCK, IT'S ALL RUINED. AAAAAAAA!!??" [quote]-cult leader[/quote] Tide Cult Tide Cult Tide Cult [quote]-ignores dragon's actual parents/offspring in favor of lore ones[/quote] Literally all of my dragons [quote]- Dominance is literally never mentioned in lore and might as well not be a thing, even if a lair makes mention of exaltation and believing in the 11 gods[/quote] *cough*
Quote:
-level 1 who can beat up anything (who doesn't have at least one)

Bane (i'm not bothering to level him now)
Quote:

Kang and Lumina
Quote:

My lore literally only uses charges-
Quote:
-familiar keeper aka unofficial fiona

It's Jet, how y'all
Quote:
-cult dedicated to other original god character, bonus points if it's represented by another dragon in the lair

Tide cult Tide cult Tide cult
Quote:
-guardian who's charge is their mate

Kang and Lumina-
Quote:

Hare's Wares- What is...racism
Quote:

*cough cough* hare's wares *COUGH*
Quote:
-snappers Imperials as grandmas, guardians as grandpas

Lumina and Kang-
Quote:
-for some reason i've noticed this really specific thing that happens in a lot of really long-running strongly interconnected and in-depth clan lores, where there's really often this one specific character, almost always a male imperial, who's extremely powerful to the point of mildly implied to outright 4th wall breaking, who always seems to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else and know exactly what's going on, and who shows up all the time to drive the plot forwards with their supernatural powers? and they usually have kind of a smug snarky elegant chaotic chessmaster personality? i don't know what's up with that but i've seen it at least 3 different times now in unrelated clan lores of wildly varying tone.

Tide, except he has xXGIVEMEYOURTOESXx energy and his story is just him and Bucket starting a cult.
Quote:
-dead parents

*A single tear poetically falls down Franco's cheek*
Quote:
-frazzled archivist

Takka, screaming- "WHY DID ThEY BUY ALL OF THEM. WHY DID YOU LET THEM?! THE DOCUMENTS, THE STOCK, IT'S ALL RUINED. AAAAAAAA!!??"
Quote:
-cult leader

Tide Cult Tide Cult Tide Cult
Quote:

Literally all of my dragons
Quote:

*cough*

the very first item came for my life: [quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2020-04-27 11:11:01" ] -guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen [i](i think i used this way back when i was trying to make a subspecies once...)[/i] [/quote] then I went to the most recent page and the first item there *also* came for my life (this is not my main lore clan but a side idea I haven't developed yet): [quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2020-05-04 23:02:37" ] -the oddly specific trope of the large ancient female guardian, usually the progen and/or clan founder, who sleeps forever curled around the thing that clan was founded around and/or deep in the heart of the territory in general while her friends run the clan in her absence. usually has been asleep so long she's covered in/fused with rocks/plants/ect. [/quote]
the very first item came for my life:
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2020-04-27 11:11:01:
-guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen (i think i used this way back when i was trying to make a subspecies once...)

then I went to the most recent page and the first item there *also* came for my life (this is not my main lore clan but a side idea I haven't developed yet):
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2020-05-04 23:02:37:
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
-dragons named and themed after food that probably run some kind of restaurant too
-dragons named and themed after food that probably run some kind of restaurant too
This is pretty Cool
This is pretty Cool
earth.gif
-dragon with primal or glowing eyes was blessed by their god or is overflowing with magical power or something

-smug well dressed chessmaster murderer, almost always male, tends to be sort of like the evil counterpart to the oddly specific deus ex machina male imperial trope listed above

-evil=wears cobwebs and hoods

-good and noble=wears armor and silks

-evil split personality, similar to how back when legend of spyro came out there were armies of tlos ocs who all had dark spyro style evil dark sides

-light/edgy duality

-dragon is werewolf/vampire/ect

-creepypasta theme, bonus points for zalgo text, invisibility cloaks, and skins that add extra eyes and mouths

-dragon with primal/glowing/faceted/ect eyes is blind, and probably traded it for magic powers

-dragon with tons of eyes and other massive visible mutations is not seen as at all odd by others (technically i have a low-level version of this going on, but my version of sornieth has almost everyone displaying some level of visible mutations and hybridization to the point where the breeds are less set species and more extremely generalized body type trends that each individual's anatomical adherence to varies noticeably, so being somewhat "mutated" isn't all that weird)

-chessmaster characters in general

-the twisted cycle path of likely unintentional mental illness demonization, overlaps more often than not with 100% sadistic stabby edgemurderer with cleaver apparel and blood piebald

-the mysterious one with a mysteriouspast who almost never speaks but is kind of a jerk to everyone

-vaporwave
-dragon with primal or glowing eyes was blessed by their god or is overflowing with magical power or something

-smug well dressed chessmaster murderer, almost always male, tends to be sort of like the evil counterpart to the oddly specific deus ex machina male imperial trope listed above

-evil=wears cobwebs and hoods

-good and noble=wears armor and silks

-evil split personality, similar to how back when legend of spyro came out there were armies of tlos ocs who all had dark spyro style evil dark sides

-light/edgy duality

-dragon is werewolf/vampire/ect

-creepypasta theme, bonus points for zalgo text, invisibility cloaks, and skins that add extra eyes and mouths

-dragon with primal/glowing/faceted/ect eyes is blind, and probably traded it for magic powers

-dragon with tons of eyes and other massive visible mutations is not seen as at all odd by others (technically i have a low-level version of this going on, but my version of sornieth has almost everyone displaying some level of visible mutations and hybridization to the point where the breeds are less set species and more extremely generalized body type trends that each individual's anatomical adherence to varies noticeably, so being somewhat "mutated" isn't all that weird)

-chessmaster characters in general

-the twisted cycle path of likely unintentional mental illness demonization, overlaps more often than not with 100% sadistic stabby edgemurderer with cleaver apparel and blood piebald

-the mysterious one with a mysteriouspast who almost never speaks but is kind of a jerk to everyone

-vaporwave
I'm working on it!

-master of poisons
She's also a mixologist!

-that one who's not really part of the clan and is almost definitely super evil but is tolerated for some reason
He's the clan cryptid, only one dragon is aware he exists.

-dragons are gods, spirits, demigods, the shade's manifestation, or other similar non-mortal entities
I have SOME kinda gods

-dragons are robots/aliens/ect
Who doesn't have a token robot?

-capsule liquid is something specific like milk or orange juice, bonus points if the dragon spits the milk/fruit juice/whatever into glasses to sell it
Gardener is full of water... somehow

-mutants (they're fun, why wouldn't you have mutant dragons)
They are fun

-exalting is death
Sacrifices! Sacrifices!

-undead dragons (also fun)
Only kind of.

-dragons that are part plant or part rock or other inanimate object (the official lore itself does this all the time)
I have ONE part tree who's in the den somewhere and won't leave until I shell out for filigree

Only sometimes, fae clan leaders are still tiny

-all dragons are actually anthros, gjinkas, or just straight up humans
Okay, that's a callout. Leave me and my hoomans alone!

All of it's ignored except ONE instance of a pearl being mentioned

-flight ambassadors
A wip but they're also acrobats. Because of course they are.

Obligatory bone collector

-dragons with multiple elements
Just one, who is both plague and arcane in a way.

-clan is a traveling performance of some kind, especially if they're wind or shadow
Again, kind of a callout. Big carnival crew is fun!

Not quite a family since half of them don't know each other but they are a misfit gang and I love them.

-tarot reader, sketchiness optional
-the clan babysitter who looks after all the kids

Yes yes and yes.

-cult dedicated to other original god character, bonus points if it's represented by another dragon in the lair
It's all a cult really, and they worship The Babies

-the cool old wise mentor reasonable authority figure, usually the progens
Okay, I don't have one but I need one now. Maybe I can just repurpose a non-lore?

-abandonment backstories
It happens sometimes. A little more often than it should though...

-insanity
Oh obviously

-self-insert dragon (a little bit guilty)
She's not part of the lore and she stays in the den

-conspiracy to overthrow the clan leader
I mean the leader sucks morally so a few want to overthrow her

It's especially funny because there IS a spy!

Everyone's good at their job because if they weren't they'd probs die. They don't all like their jobs though.

-dragon aesthetic is a direct representation of dragon morality aka edgy looking dragons are bad and cute fluffy dragons are good (literally everyone does this always, don't worry about it)
Only sometimes! Sometimes good looks evil, sometimes evil looks good.

-lore takes either a very black-and-white-morality stance on beastclans vs dragons or none at all
None, beastclans aren't real here

-violent feral plague dragon
-evil doctor with blood wraps apparel

Yeah that one.

-undead and/or necromancer plague dragon (i used to have one but i sold him years ago)
I probably have an undead plague dragon somewhere...

ONE, but he's not flawless. (He's clumsy and illiterate. That counts, right?)

-mercenary/criminal clan
Kiiiinda?

-traveling scam artist, which for some reason i see way more of than just straight up merchants
A few, but not the merchant. The merchant is a real merchant.

-for some reason i've noticed this really specific thing that happens in a lot of really long-running strongly interconnected and in-depth clan lores, where there's really often this one specific character, almost always a male imperial, who's extremely powerful to the point of mildly implied to outright 4th wall breaking, who always seems to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else and know exactly what's going on, and who shows up all the time to drive the plot forwards with their supernatural powers? and they usually have kind of a smug snarky elegant chaotic chessmaster personality?
Kind of? The leader. No magic powers though, she knows things because High Tech Surveillance and shows up sometimes in the plot that vaguely exist in my head

-dull color coatl does not face any prejudice
Yeah...

They're in love... I think.

-singer
A whole gaoler rock band! Though they're not really lore dergs...

-oozes fluid of some kind
It's magical disease goop!

-dead parents
I mean... probably?

-the vain one
Many a vain ones

Technically yes, but her name is a pun on both Pain Au Chocolat and being pansexual

-murderous permababy
- permababy that is also god

That's it. That's like my whole lore. (I'll have seven eventually.)

Yeah...

-cult leader
Again, The Babies.

- permababy who Can Do No Wrong, Ever
He's literally like a five year old

- collection of permababies. just a pile of children. who is taking care of them
They take care of themselves

-Grandmotherly Snapper
She looks after the other babies, the one's who don't do murder.

-permababy is literally a small child
Yep, all of them.

It isn't.

- Mechanic/engineer dragons, usually wearing steampunk apparel
Yes, but he doesn't have steampunk apparel though

- the one dragon that has ALL THE ART but literally no lore? (When everyone else has nicely coded bios)
...There's lore in my brain somewhere but I've never written it out

I guess?

-"doesn't talk about his past" = I want to write something cool but I don't trust my own writing abilities
I know the past I just... can't write
I'll probably edit this to add links to the dragons I mean at some point
I'm working on it!

-master of poisons
She's also a mixologist!

-that one who's not really part of the clan and is almost definitely super evil but is tolerated for some reason
He's the clan cryptid, only one dragon is aware he exists.

-dragons are gods, spirits, demigods, the shade's manifestation, or other similar non-mortal entities
I have SOME kinda gods

-dragons are robots/aliens/ect
Who doesn't have a token robot?

-capsule liquid is something specific like milk or orange juice, bonus points if the dragon spits the milk/fruit juice/whatever into glasses to sell it
Gardener is full of water... somehow

-mutants (they're fun, why wouldn't you have mutant dragons)
They are fun

-exalting is death
Sacrifices! Sacrifices!

-undead dragons (also fun)
Only kind of.

-dragons that are part plant or part rock or other inanimate object (the official lore itself does this all the time)
I have ONE part tree who's in the den somewhere and won't leave until I shell out for filigree

Only sometimes, fae clan leaders are still tiny

-all dragons are actually anthros, gjinkas, or just straight up humans
Okay, that's a callout. Leave me and my hoomans alone!

All of it's ignored except ONE instance of a pearl being mentioned

-flight ambassadors
A wip but they're also acrobats. Because of course they are.

Obligatory bone collector

-dragons with multiple elements
Just one, who is both plague and arcane in a way.

-clan is a traveling performance of some kind, especially if they're wind or shadow
Again, kind of a callout. Big carnival crew is fun!

Not quite a family since half of them don't know each other but they are a misfit gang and I love them.

-tarot reader, sketchiness optional
-the clan babysitter who looks after all the kids

Yes yes and yes.

It's all a cult really, and they worship The Babies

-the cool old wise mentor reasonable authority figure, usually the progens
Okay, I don't have one but I need one now. Maybe I can just repurpose a non-lore?

-abandonment backstories
It happens sometimes. A little more often than it should though...

-insanity
Oh obviously

-self-insert dragon (a little bit guilty)
She's not part of the lore and she stays in the den

-conspiracy to overthrow the clan leader
I mean the leader sucks morally so a few want to overthrow her

It's especially funny because there IS a spy!

Everyone's good at their job because if they weren't they'd probs die. They don't all like their jobs though.

-dragon aesthetic is a direct representation of dragon morality aka edgy looking dragons are bad and cute fluffy dragons are good (literally everyone does this always, don't worry about it)
Only sometimes! Sometimes good looks evil, sometimes evil looks good.

-lore takes either a very black-and-white-morality stance on beastclans vs dragons or none at all
None, beastclans aren't real here

-violent feral plague dragon
-evil doctor with blood wraps apparel

Yeah that one.

-undead and/or necromancer plague dragon (i used to have one but i sold him years ago)
I probably have an undead plague dragon somewhere...

ONE, but he's not flawless. (He's clumsy and illiterate. That counts, right?)

-mercenary/criminal clan
Kiiiinda?

-traveling scam artist, which for some reason i see way more of than just straight up merchants
A few, but not the merchant. The merchant is a real merchant.

-for some reason i've noticed this really specific thing that happens in a lot of really long-running strongly interconnected and in-depth clan lores, where there's really often this one specific character, almost always a male imperial, who's extremely powerful to the point of mildly implied to outright 4th wall breaking, who always seems to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else and know exactly what's going on, and who shows up all the time to drive the plot forwards with their supernatural powers? and they usually have kind of a smug snarky elegant chaotic chessmaster personality?
Kind of? The leader. No magic powers though, she knows things because High Tech Surveillance and shows up sometimes in the plot that vaguely exist in my head

-dull color coatl does not face any prejudice
Yeah...

They're in love... I think.

-singer
A whole gaoler rock band! Though they're not really lore dergs...

-oozes fluid of some kind
It's magical disease goop!

-dead parents
I mean... probably?

-the vain one
Many a vain ones

Technically yes, but her name is a pun on both Pain Au Chocolat and being pansexual

-murderous permababy
- permababy that is also god

That's it. That's like my whole lore. (I'll have seven eventually.)

Yeah...

-cult leader
Again, The Babies.

- permababy who Can Do No Wrong, Ever
He's literally like a five year old

- collection of permababies. just a pile of children. who is taking care of them
They take care of themselves

-Grandmotherly Snapper
She looks after the other babies, the one's who don't do murder.

-permababy is literally a small child
Yep, all of them.

It isn't.

- Mechanic/engineer dragons, usually wearing steampunk apparel
Yes, but he doesn't have steampunk apparel though

- the one dragon that has ALL THE ART but literally no lore? (When everyone else has nicely coded bios)
...There's lore in my brain somewhere but I've never written it out

I guess?

-"doesn't talk about his past" = I want to write something cool but I don't trust my own writing abilities
I know the past I just... can't write
I'll probably edit this to add links to the dragons I mean at some point
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29