Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FrTropes: Common User Lore Tropes
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29
[quote name="Puppeteer" date="2020-04-27 12:17:39" ] How about for your consideration: - The Runaway Royal (usually a young dragon with teenage angst) [/quote] This is actually one of my favourite tropes in general??? I think when I eventually have Dai Gu he will be this.
Puppeteer wrote on 2020-04-27 12:17:39:

How about for your consideration:
- The Runaway Royal (usually a young dragon with teenage angst)

This is actually one of my favourite tropes in general??? I think when I eventually have Dai Gu he will be this.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
[quote]-exalting is death[/quote] [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/471/227/dd0.png[/img] It's more fun if the dragon dies! [quote]- clan exalter keeping record of past clanmates[/quote] I am so guilty of that, [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=384867&tab=dragon&did=43524785]Warden[/url].
Quote:
-exalting is death
dd0.png

It's more fun if the dragon dies!
Quote:
- clan exalter keeping record of past clanmates
I am so guilty of that, Warden.
on the one hand shhhh this is so loud, call me out- on the other, some of these are cool as hell.. [emoji=special eyes size=1]
on the one hand shhhh this is so loud, call me out-

on the other, some of these are cool as hell..
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
[quote]- overly charming figure, usually a wildclaw, imperial, or skydancer with a sword and of some kind of noble or royal descent[/quote] [quote]-chess/poker/ect themed shadow dragon[/quote] [quote]-mad scientist[/quote] [quote]-dull color coatl does not face any prejudice[/quote] [quote]-self-insert dragon[/quote] [quote]-insanity[/quote] [quote]-fandragon with adapted lore[/quote] [quote]-breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems[/quote] [quote]-dragons that are part plant or part rock or other inanimate object[/quote] [quote]-that one who's not really part of the clan and is almost definitely super evil but is tolerated for some reason[/quote] .... mmmmm you called out a bunch of my dergs
Quote:
- overly charming figure, usually a wildclaw, imperial, or skydancer with a sword and of some kind of noble or royal descent
Quote:
-chess/poker/ect themed shadow dragon
Quote:
-mad scientist
Quote:
-dull color coatl does not face any prejudice
Quote:
-self-insert dragon
Quote:
-insanity
Quote:
-fandragon with adapted lore
Quote:
-breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems
Quote:
-dragons that are part plant or part rock or other inanimate object
Quote:
-that one who's not really part of the clan and is almost definitely super evil but is tolerated for some reason
.... mmmmm you called out a bunch of my dergs
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
[quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2020-04-27 11:11:01" ] -everyone knows everyone else -undead dragons [i](also fun)[/i] -canon breed sizes are ignored -all dragons are actually anthros, gjinkas, or just straight up humans -breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems -flight ambassadors -silks and flowerfalls everywhere, even on dragons with physically demanding jobs. like the apparel version of level 1 who can beat up anything. -clan archivist, record keeper, librarian, scribe, historian, ect. who's bio is used to store wishlists and links and whatever else the owner didn't want to put in their clan bio -the clan babysitter who looks after all the kids -abandonment backstories -no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never suspected of being spies -12th elemental dragon god [i](i literally made the shade deity au, which is edgy as hell and long overdue for a revamp. to make it even more edgy.)[/i] -everyone has and is good at their dream job -dragon aesthetic is a direct representation of dragon morality aka edgy looking dragons are bad and cute fluffy dragons are good [i](literally everyone does this always, don't worry about it)[/i] -water clan lives on the shore, a ship, or an [b]island[/b] -[s]the best[/s] assassin/mercenary [s]in the world[/s] -nature dragon that is entirely nature themed and probably has a nature-related profession -clan appears to be extremely isolated and have little to no meaningful contact with anyone or anything outside eachother and their own territory -fascinated with some sort of eldritch thing that it is most likely heavily implied they should not be touching [b][only in one AU..][/b] -rare disease -progens are always mates -dead parents -dragon washed up in a storm as a hatchling or similar -overly charming figure, usually a wildclaw, imperial, or skydancer with a sword and of some kind of noble or royal descent [@Muntjak >_>] -ignores dragon's actual parents/offspring in favor of lore ones -mire flyer/other designated coli dragon is a fighter/warrior of some sort -flight reps that get along just fine (pbbbbt i don't like conflict) -dragons that are constructs brought to life (like golems, dolls, or necromantic minions) [squints at the skeleton in the first tab] -invisibility cloaks used to create a spirit/ghost of some kind -Pirate dragons [s]either being wind or water element[/s] - Ignoring a dragon's offspring and parents (I have dragons who are descendants of others in my lair but lorewise they are not connected and sometimes the kid was even alive first) -A clan in which literally all of the dragons are gay couples -Mechanic/engineer dragons, usually wearing steampunk apparel -maybe like, 1 or 2 dragons in a clan of hundreds whose role is to gather food. -"doesn't talk about his past" [squints at the skeleton in the first tab again] [/quote] am i being called out? YES
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2020-04-27 11:11:01:
-everyone knows everyone else

-undead dragons (also fun)

-canon breed sizes are ignored

-all dragons are actually anthros, gjinkas, or just straight up humans

-breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems

-flight ambassadors

-silks and flowerfalls everywhere, even on dragons with physically demanding jobs. like the apparel version of level 1 who can beat up anything.

-clan archivist, record keeper, librarian, scribe, historian, ect. who's bio is used to store wishlists and links and whatever else the owner didn't want to put in their clan bio

-the clan babysitter who looks after all the kids

-abandonment backstories

-no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never suspected of being spies

-12th elemental dragon god (i literally made the shade deity au, which is edgy as hell and long overdue for a revamp. to make it even more edgy.)

-everyone has and is good at their dream job

-dragon aesthetic is a direct representation of dragon morality aka edgy looking dragons are bad and cute fluffy dragons are good (literally everyone does this always, don't worry about it)

-water clan lives on the shore, a ship, or an island

-the best assassin/mercenary in the world

-nature dragon that is entirely nature themed and probably has a nature-related profession

-clan appears to be extremely isolated and have little to no meaningful contact with anyone or anything outside eachother and their own territory

-fascinated with some sort of eldritch thing that it is most likely heavily implied they should not be touching [only in one AU..]

-rare disease

-progens are always mates

-dead parents

-dragon washed up in a storm as a hatchling or similar

-overly charming figure, usually a wildclaw, imperial, or skydancer with a sword and of some kind of noble or royal descent [@Muntjak >_>]

-ignores dragon's actual parents/offspring in favor of lore ones

-mire flyer/other designated coli dragon is a fighter/warrior of some sort

-flight reps that get along just fine (pbbbbt i don't like conflict)

-dragons that are constructs brought to life (like golems, dolls, or necromantic minions) [squints at the skeleton in the first tab]

-invisibility cloaks used to create a spirit/ghost of some kind

-Pirate dragons either being wind or water element

- Ignoring a dragon's offspring and parents (I have dragons who are descendants of others in my lair but lorewise they are not connected and sometimes the kid was even alive first)

-A clan in which literally all of the dragons are gay couples

-Mechanic/engineer dragons, usually wearing steampunk apparel

-maybe like, 1 or 2 dragons in a clan of hundreds whose role is to gather food.

-"doesn't talk about his past" [squints at the skeleton in the first tab again]

am i being called out? YES
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
Ones that apply to me, guess who's who lmao
Quote:
-guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen (i think i used this way back when i was trying to make a subspecies once...)
-master of poisons
-that one who's not really part of the clan and is almost definitely super evil but is tolerated for some reason
-guardian who's charge is their mate
-dragon representing an oc, with adapted lore (i'll never tell which of my dragons are like this)-abandonment backstories
-the only professions that exist are ones that you'd expect to see in d&d (it's pretty hard to not end up like this, most people including myself don't really know much about how non-fantasy adventuring party jobs work.)
-absurdly specific good noble gentle strong motherly reasonable female guardian clan leader
- Quirky alchemist who's basically Baldwin with a different appearance
- Pair of ancients that are only mates because they're the only ones of their breed in the clan
- "ex" con artist (or anything similar) who tells everyone he's over his past but nobody believes him
-permababy is literally a small child
-clan leader is the leader because they're the leader
Ones that apply to me, guess who's who lmao
Quote:
-guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen (i think i used this way back when i was trying to make a subspecies once...)
-master of poisons
-guardian who's charge is their mate
-dragon representing an oc, with adapted lore (i'll never tell which of my dragons are like this)-abandonment backstories
-the only professions that exist are ones that you'd expect to see in d&d (it's pretty hard to not end up like this, most people including myself don't really know much about how non-fantasy adventuring party jobs work.)
-absurdly specific good noble gentle strong motherly reasonable female guardian clan leader
- Quirky alchemist who's basically Baldwin with a different appearance
- Pair of ancients that are only mates because they're the only ones of their breed in the clan
- "ex" con artist (or anything similar) who tells everyone he's over his past but nobody believes him
-permababy is literally a small child
-clan leader is the leader because they're the leader
66.png
[quote name="Alphazi" date="2020-04-27 13:39:46" ] - dragons that are constructs brought to life (like golems, dolls, or necromantic minions) [/quote] :looks at Arariel: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51910083] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/519101/51910083_350.png[/img] [/url] BUT HE'S ALSO AN ALIEN!! [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/mks5DcSGjhQ1a/200.gif[/img]
Alphazi wrote on 2020-04-27 13:39:46:
- dragons that are constructs brought to life (like golems, dolls, or necromantic minions)

:looks at Arariel:

51910083_350.png

BUT HE'S ALSO AN ALIEN!!

200.gif
XriSV9h.gif
[quote]-clan appears to be extremely isolated and have little to no meaningful contact with anyone or anything outside eachother and their own territory[/quote] *glances at clan shhh let them have their political civil war in peace man.
Quote:
-clan appears to be extremely isolated and have little to no meaningful contact with anyone or anything outside eachother and their own territory

*glances at clan
shhh let them have their political civil war in peace man.

I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
[img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/029/191/cover6.jpg[/img]
cover6.jpg
7hN3sEu.png
[quote]-cult dedicated to other original god character, bonus points if it's represented by another dragon in the lair[/quote] [quote name="Alew" date="2020-04-28 16:50:17" ] [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/029/191/cover6.jpg[/img] [/quote] i swear to god its just a lowkey reference to my book [b]H[/b] on god ive never been so embarassed by a forum post ajdhshndksnd
Quote:
-cult dedicated to other original god character, bonus points if it's represented by another dragon in the lair
Alew wrote on 2020-04-28 16:50:17:
cover6.jpg

i swear to god its just a lowkey reference to my book H
on god ive never been so embarassed by a forum post ajdhshndksnd
cringe
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29