Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FrTropes: Common User Lore Tropes
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
[quote name="Recherche" date="2022-06-06 10:56:17" ] Anyone else have Pearlcatchers whose pearls were damaged, lost, or outright destroyed? I have two like that but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet and I think I may have made a niche trope [/quote] I have something similar - she just never made a pearl. I also got a traveler whose bio mentioned scratching a cypher into the pearl of PC she'd met somewhere in her travels once
Recherche wrote on 2022-06-06 10:56:17:
Anyone else have Pearlcatchers whose pearls were damaged, lost, or outright destroyed? I have two like that but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet and I think I may have made a niche trope

I have something similar - she just never made a pearl. I also got a traveler whose bio mentioned scratching a cypher into the pearl of PC she'd met somewhere in her travels once
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
Let’s see off the top of my head if I can’t think of some stuff that might resonate with people

Pretty Privilege: the only dragons with lore are the stereotypically “pretty” dragons, whether that be breed or color combo (for example, a lair full of diverse dragons but the only ones with lore are coatls and skydancers) (i am a little guilty of this, many of my “prettier” dragons got quick lore and apparel first)

Beauty for Ashes: Inverse of Pretty Privilege where the lore part of the lair is filled with Bogsneaks and Mirrors and the “Pretty” dragons are loreless (but might have art!)

Our imperials are different: Imperials can live and die knowing they’ll never have to worry about becoming an Emperor and ransacking their clan.

Cherry-picking: the lore of the clan is a mishmash of canonical FR lore and a user’s own lore, to the point where unless you’re a lore expert there’s no way to tell whether they’re just making things up on the spot or not.

Perfectly Mundane Fantastical Dragon: Super cool elemental dragons with superpowers and dark lore within the mysterious realm of Sorneith… are working day jobs. Whether that be office workers or working in retail.

High School AU: not common, but a trope where either a clan or certain dragons in the clan are in some sort of education system and are treated similarly to high school au tropes. Usually ties in with Harry Plantpot and Stereotypical Magic Flights.

Lorem Ipsum/TLDR: a dragon is planned to have lore or a nice bio, but their lore is currently a stub or unwritten. Oftentimes if the user is using a bio template this will result in a bio chock full of Lorem Ipsum.

Humans in Scalesuits: Dragons act practically identically to humans, only differing in aesthetic ways (ie flaring wings to portray anger or excitement instead of raising/flailing arms).

Visitor From Another Dentist Appointment: Fandragons, aliens, and god-like entities exist as themselves in lore, somehow. Ties in with Dragonification Beam.

Dragonification Beam: Whether it was a dragon or not before it came into the clan, once it’s in the clan it’s canonically a dragon. Applies to most otherworldly beings, including fandragons, aliens, and gods assuming a mortal form.

Aliens for Action Figures: all aliens and otherworldly beings just happen to look almost identical to flight rising dragon breeds, minus a few aesthetic changes and maybe lifespan.

Alchemy is Evil: Alchemy is treated as immoral, questionable or otherwise unsuitable for good dragons to partake in. Dragons in the clan who do alchemy either consider it a necessary evil or are mad scientists all the good dragons dissociate from.

Let’s see off the top of my head if I can’t think of some stuff that might resonate with people

Pretty Privilege: the only dragons with lore are the stereotypically “pretty” dragons, whether that be breed or color combo (for example, a lair full of diverse dragons but the only ones with lore are coatls and skydancers) (i am a little guilty of this, many of my “prettier” dragons got quick lore and apparel first)

Beauty for Ashes: Inverse of Pretty Privilege where the lore part of the lair is filled with Bogsneaks and Mirrors and the “Pretty” dragons are loreless (but might have art!)

Our imperials are different: Imperials can live and die knowing they’ll never have to worry about becoming an Emperor and ransacking their clan.

Cherry-picking: the lore of the clan is a mishmash of canonical FR lore and a user’s own lore, to the point where unless you’re a lore expert there’s no way to tell whether they’re just making things up on the spot or not.

Perfectly Mundane Fantastical Dragon: Super cool elemental dragons with superpowers and dark lore within the mysterious realm of Sorneith… are working day jobs. Whether that be office workers or working in retail.

High School AU: not common, but a trope where either a clan or certain dragons in the clan are in some sort of education system and are treated similarly to high school au tropes. Usually ties in with Harry Plantpot and Stereotypical Magic Flights.

Lorem Ipsum/TLDR: a dragon is planned to have lore or a nice bio, but their lore is currently a stub or unwritten. Oftentimes if the user is using a bio template this will result in a bio chock full of Lorem Ipsum.

Humans in Scalesuits: Dragons act practically identically to humans, only differing in aesthetic ways (ie flaring wings to portray anger or excitement instead of raising/flailing arms).

Visitor From Another Dentist Appointment: Fandragons, aliens, and god-like entities exist as themselves in lore, somehow. Ties in with Dragonification Beam.

Dragonification Beam: Whether it was a dragon or not before it came into the clan, once it’s in the clan it’s canonically a dragon. Applies to most otherworldly beings, including fandragons, aliens, and gods assuming a mortal form.

Aliens for Action Figures: all aliens and otherworldly beings just happen to look almost identical to flight rising dragon breeds, minus a few aesthetic changes and maybe lifespan.

Alchemy is Evil: Alchemy is treated as immoral, questionable or otherwise unsuitable for good dragons to partake in. Dragons in the clan who do alchemy either consider it a necessary evil or are mad scientists all the good dragons dissociate from.

000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I've got a trope, no idea if this is on the list but I skimmed it and I didn't really find any tropes related to the 4th wall, save for the XGIVEMEYOURTOESX one.

BUT!

What 4th Wall?: Dragon who is aware that Sornieth isn't actually real and is within the game called Flight Rising. Also knows that it can potentially shut down and be discontinued by the developers. And knows if that happens they will cease to exist. Along with everything else in Sornieth.

I've got a trope, no idea if this is on the list but I skimmed it and I didn't really find any tropes related to the 4th wall, save for the XGIVEMEYOURTOESX one.

BUT!

What 4th Wall?: Dragon who is aware that Sornieth isn't actually real and is within the game called Flight Rising. Also knows that it can potentially shut down and be discontinued by the developers. And knows if that happens they will cease to exist. Along with everything else in Sornieth.

fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
Wasn't on the front-page list, I'm not gonna go through 29 pages atm to double check, but...

Level 25 permababy (potential trope names- The Mighty Baby, Born Stronk, Size Is Deceiving).

Bonus points for more than one.
Wasn't on the front-page list, I'm not gonna go through 29 pages atm to double check, but...

Level 25 permababy (potential trope names- The Mighty Baby, Born Stronk, Size Is Deceiving).

Bonus points for more than one.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Screw you in particular- diety decides its worth their time to curse a random dragon for no reason (bonus for primal)

Nerds- librarian married to coffee shop owner (guilty as charged...)

Half useful- pair where one dragon has lore and the other is just there to make cute hatchies

We all do this- flight reps

I love democracy- council of some sort

Out the window- no one has an element

We dont do that here- breed changes aren't a thing in lore

All that glitters is gold- head treasurer decked out in expensive stuff

Problematic prophet- may or may not actually communicate with dieties and gives bad advice

See I told you- dragon with tragic backstory acts as lesson to the rest of clan

Hello from the other side- all fandragons are isolated in hibden

Holy bestie- dragon is best friends with a diety

Plants galore- I swear every clan has a garden somewhere

Friendly fighters- all coli dragons are buddies

Fighting fighters- coli teams have rivalry/hate eachothers guts

Plan B- two or more clans
Baby god- Permabab with otherworldly powers

Screw you in particular- diety decides its worth their time to curse a random dragon for no reason (bonus for primal)

Nerds- librarian married to coffee shop owner (guilty as charged...)

Half useful- pair where one dragon has lore and the other is just there to make cute hatchies

We all do this- flight reps

I love democracy- council of some sort

Out the window- no one has an element

We dont do that here- breed changes aren't a thing in lore

All that glitters is gold- head treasurer decked out in expensive stuff

Problematic prophet- may or may not actually communicate with dieties and gives bad advice

See I told you- dragon with tragic backstory acts as lesson to the rest of clan

Hello from the other side- all fandragons are isolated in hibden

Holy bestie- dragon is best friends with a diety

Plants galore- I swear every clan has a garden somewhere

Friendly fighters- all coli dragons are buddies

Fighting fighters- coli teams have rivalry/hate eachothers guts

Plan B- two or more clans
Radekee.png
a
a
a
a
a
Survival of the fittest
Made my name as a menace
Broke the rules of the business
From the bottom now I'm biggest

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
Not sure if you already have these, but...

Lisa Frank Dragon: Brightly-colored eyeburner with jaguar and rosette. Often a whole army of them.

(Not sure about the name for this one): "The Pit of Childcare," but with only one (maybe two sometimes) adult dragon taking care of all the children.

Edit: I have another one (again, not sure if you already have this but I wasn’t able to find it on the first page)

(Not sure about name yet): Dragon is made out of some sort of material, such as slime, stone, plants, or even meat. A more extreme version of the “dragon is partially made of x” where the whole dragon (or almost the whole dragon) is made out of the material.

Edit 2: Another (once again not sure if you already have it, but I don’t have time to check as I need to go in a minute)

The Dragonsona: Instead of the player being a god/spirit/force like in The Dungeon Master, the player is a normal (or slightly odd) dragon who lives in the clan. May be a historian, archivist, or holder of wishlists.
Not sure if you already have these, but...

Lisa Frank Dragon: Brightly-colored eyeburner with jaguar and rosette. Often a whole army of them.

(Not sure about the name for this one): "The Pit of Childcare," but with only one (maybe two sometimes) adult dragon taking care of all the children.

Edit: I have another one (again, not sure if you already have this but I wasn’t able to find it on the first page)

(Not sure about name yet): Dragon is made out of some sort of material, such as slime, stone, plants, or even meat. A more extreme version of the “dragon is partially made of x” where the whole dragon (or almost the whole dragon) is made out of the material.

Edit 2: Another (once again not sure if you already have it, but I don’t have time to check as I need to go in a minute)

The Dragonsona: Instead of the player being a god/spirit/force like in The Dungeon Master, the player is a normal (or slightly odd) dragon who lives in the clan. May be a historian, archivist, or holder of wishlists.
oJK1fXV.png
Deux ex machina: The "main character" or clan leader saves everyone from literally everything and/or has crazy magical powers and/or is the son of a god. There's bandits stealing from the market? MC will arrest them. The world is ending because Sir Wizardly Lizard the Great forgot to turn off the stove? MC will handle it. Your wife is leaving you and taking the kids? Don't worry, he's got this.

BFG 9000: They have guns. Not like muskets or revolvers or shrink rays. We're talkin pullin up with the got damn gat. Modern weaponry.

American Sornieth Psycho: Super raw lore that is just outright grotesque

The world is flat!: Clan leader keeps entire clan isolated (in a good or bad way) from the outside world and somehow someone is able to leave/discovers what the world is truly like.

Dragons aren't dragons at all: For the artists out there that have re-created the dragon breeds to be more interesting and less true dragon-like. (including myself)

Gentle giant: Some benevolent beast that looks incredibly scary/malignant but is actually nicest character.

Friends are food: Besides sapient familiars (beastclans/etc.), familiars are just animals that are hunted/farmed
Deux ex machina: The "main character" or clan leader saves everyone from literally everything and/or has crazy magical powers and/or is the son of a god. There's bandits stealing from the market? MC will arrest them. The world is ending because Sir Wizardly Lizard the Great forgot to turn off the stove? MC will handle it. Your wife is leaving you and taking the kids? Don't worry, he's got this.

BFG 9000: They have guns. Not like muskets or revolvers or shrink rays. We're talkin pullin up with the got damn gat. Modern weaponry.

American Sornieth Psycho: Super raw lore that is just outright grotesque

The world is flat!: Clan leader keeps entire clan isolated (in a good or bad way) from the outside world and somehow someone is able to leave/discovers what the world is truly like.

Dragons aren't dragons at all: For the artists out there that have re-created the dragon breeds to be more interesting and less true dragon-like. (including myself)

Gentle giant: Some benevolent beast that looks incredibly scary/malignant but is actually nicest character.

Friends are food: Besides sapient familiars (beastclans/etc.), familiars are just animals that are hunted/farmed
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29