Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FrTropes: Common User Lore Tropes
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29
My entire lair is just

-dragons are gods

-vaporwave

-fandragon with adapted lore
My entire lair is just

-dragons are gods

-vaporwave

-fandragon with adapted lore
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
> dragon with primal or glowing eyes was blessed by their god or is overflowing with magical power or something
A progen kid in my Light clan

> dragon with primal/glowing/faceted/ect eyes is blind, and probably traded it for magic powers
A co-leader of my Nature clan, basically because I can't imagine her seeing through Nature primal eyes

> the mysterious one with a mysteriouspast who almost never speaks but is kind of a jerk to everyone
Multiple in my Arcane clan, probably

> vaporwave
Not in lore, but check out this one

> (technically i have a low-level version of this going on, but my version of sornieth has almost everyone displaying some level of visible mutations and hybridization to the point where the breeds are less set species and more extremely generalized body type trends that each individual's anatomical adherence to varies noticeably, so being somewhat "mutated" isn't all that weird)
That sounds really cool, actually. @Ragnarok42
> dragon with primal or glowing eyes was blessed by their god or is overflowing with magical power or something
A progen kid in my Light clan

> dragon with primal/glowing/faceted/ect eyes is blind, and probably traded it for magic powers
A co-leader of my Nature clan, basically because I can't imagine her seeing through Nature primal eyes

> the mysterious one with a mysteriouspast who almost never speaks but is kind of a jerk to everyone
Multiple in my Arcane clan, probably

> vaporwave
Not in lore, but check out this one

> (technically i have a low-level version of this going on, but my version of sornieth has almost everyone displaying some level of visible mutations and hybridization to the point where the breeds are less set species and more extremely generalized body type trends that each individual's anatomical adherence to varies noticeably, so being somewhat "mutated" isn't all that weird)
That sounds really cool, actually. @Ragnarok42
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
@taniquetil
thank
@taniquetil
thank
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
These are good! Here's some I thought of:
  • Dragon is a mercenary/assassin/murderer who may or may not have killed someone in the clan, but no one seems to care.
  • The "good" side of opposite flights is forced to defend themselves against the evil flight. (Especially nature against plague and light against shadow.)
  • The clan is constantly chased/attacked by other clans.
  • Dragon was abandoned by parents, but was saved and adopted by clan leader/progen.
  • An emperor still has all the memories of all the imperials it is made up of, and is shown in the clan by a single dragon.
These are good! Here's some I thought of:
  • Dragon is a mercenary/assassin/murderer who may or may not have killed someone in the clan, but no one seems to care.
  • The "good" side of opposite flights is forced to defend themselves against the evil flight. (Especially nature against plague and light against shadow.)
  • The clan is constantly chased/attacked by other clans.
  • Dragon was abandoned by parents, but was saved and adopted by clan leader/progen.
  • An emperor still has all the memories of all the imperials it is made up of, and is shown in the clan by a single dragon.
.....................................image.gif
q9EEy5M.png
hzM3Sr2.png
xj6Mn2e.png
image.gif
Now I wanna make a clan of vessel element dragons trying to track down a Shade worshipping cult-

Anyways, one I've seen is invisibility cloak + marva eyes + random apparel = creature that may or may not be XGIVEMEYOURTOESX. (@ConsumeAnkle anyone?)
Now I wanna make a clan of vessel element dragons trying to track down a Shade worshipping cult-

Anyways, one I've seen is invisibility cloak + marva eyes + random apparel = creature that may or may not be XGIVEMEYOURTOESX. (@ConsumeAnkle anyone?)
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.giflfh.png
you know what? I'll bite. checklist time. small 4 courtesy
- guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen
Úlfr's Charge is some big obsidian spires in the clan, but he was there first
- level 1 who can beat up anything
why would I level more dragons than I need to
- master of poisons
Jarah makes them as a side gig, but he's not, like, a master
- angels/demons
yea they're just a thing in my lore
- dragons are robots/aliens/ect
only one robot and she's a fandragon
- everyone knows everyone else
ehhh...? I mean, lots know each other, but they've got reasons
- undead dragons
- dragons that are part plant or part rock or other inanimate object
Florescere is a possessed statue and that's that. but they're a nature dragon sooo eh?
- canon breed sizes are ignored/all dragons are actually anthros, gjinkas, or just straight up humans
well as dragons the sizes are right, buuuut they can turn into gijinkas which aren't as buckwild. but that's what the gijinkas are for in my lore anyways
- breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems
listen breed lore isn't written for creatures that have civilizations and wear clothes it's just not
- collects bones, flowers, or something along those lines
[https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45264419]Glaistig[/url] is definitely into vulture culture, one man's trash and whatnot
- clan archivist, record keeper, librarian, scribe, historian, ect. who's bio is used to store wishlists and links and whatever else the owner didn't want to put in their clan bio
got a few of these tbh, but I try to add some Immersive Pizzazz to it
- born with special powers that aren't strictly canon-friendly, like shapeshifting or seeing into people's souls or dimension-hopping or speaking to elder creatures from beyond
yes to shape-shifting (both a character and turning into gijinkas) and, well, I'd argue the cosmic horror is more at fault for folks seeing it
- guardian who's charge is their mate
I mean, all my f-pose guardians are lesbians so I've got a few
- fandragon with adapted lore
yea they're just demons now
- abandonment backstories
I guess?? but that's never really the important part
- eccentric artists
eh? I dunno what would make an artist eccentric. they're not boring
- clan is described as or implied to have an unusually progressive culture for it's place and time in some way
not many cities in the Wasteland. but we've got one
- no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never suspected of being spies
don't like fantasy racism it's dumb and can very easily have horrible implications
- sun/moon symbolism
I had day/night but then I decided I wasn't invested in the day half ???? so no more of that
- evil doctor with blood wraps apparel
that's called character design and Cassiopeia rocks it WAIT I JUST LOOKED AND SHE LITERALLY DOESN'T HGJBIBL? OK SO NO ON THIS ONE
- undead and/or necromancer plague dragon
only Crow but like. he didn't choose to become a ghost now did he
- nature dragon that is entirely nature themed and probably has a nature-related profession
Dahlia!! so dedicated to the Gladekeeper that she doesn't shave her beard as a tribute... she does lots of botany and became a pirate to see exotic plants and such. this one isn't even funny or anything I just really love her
- the history of the clan's founding is the story of how the mated progens met
yes and no. grew up in the same place, met, and one of them founded the clan? yes. mated? HELL NO
- fascinated with some sort of eldritch thing that it is most likely heavily implied they should not be touching
again think this is more the fault of the cosmic being. and it's spoilers for me to say who
- fled former clan because of tragedy
sometimes you stage a rebellion and sustain a grave, face-altering injury. this happened twice in my lore
- dull color coatl does not face any prejudice
yes but it's intentional. I feel like Plague wouldn't care if you're sick
- singer
yea, some singers, some music-based dragons.
- subspecies-based lore, though the only examples i've seen of this in awhile are hive dragons
I guess? if a dragon is a subspecies I do include it in their lore. and usually bought them for that reason
- oozes fluid of some kind
War just drips ichor and mucus from her facial orifices and I would ask you not judge her for it
- dead parents
presumably. but usually they end up adopted, so... they've got at least one parent
- dragon with primal or glowing eyes was blessed by their god or is overflowing with magical power or something
only the latter and only sometimes. usually not
- dragon is werewolf/vampire/ect
a few yea
- dragon with tons of eyes and other massive visible mutations is not seen as at all odd by others
again, Wasteland, so it's normal. though usually non-site stuff is kind of seen as odd? but like no one is a jerk about it. usually. depends what it is. maybe this one doesn't count but I'm including weird eye types so...
- circuit dragon is a robot or in a computer
not a big fan of circuit so it's only on the aforementioned computer/robot fandragon
- tavern keeper
- clan has one designated cook who may or may not ever actually be shown cooking
well, yes for my subclan, but it's only cause the boss there can't trust anyone else to make her food and not poison her. so, her cook instead poisons other people! also she cooks frequently and is seen doing so

and there were some from the rest of the thread that would probably fit but were phrased... weirdly presumptively
you know what? I'll bite. checklist time. small 4 courtesy
- guardian who's charge is the clan or clan grounds, bonus if it's the progen
Úlfr's Charge is some big obsidian spires in the clan, but he was there first
- level 1 who can beat up anything
why would I level more dragons than I need to
- master of poisons
Jarah makes them as a side gig, but he's not, like, a master
- angels/demons
yea they're just a thing in my lore
- dragons are robots/aliens/ect
only one robot and she's a fandragon
- everyone knows everyone else
ehhh...? I mean, lots know each other, but they've got reasons
- undead dragons
- dragons that are part plant or part rock or other inanimate object
Florescere is a possessed statue and that's that. but they're a nature dragon sooo eh?
- canon breed sizes are ignored/all dragons are actually anthros, gjinkas, or just straight up humans
well as dragons the sizes are right, buuuut they can turn into gijinkas which aren't as buckwild. but that's what the gijinkas are for in my lore anyways
- breed lore in general is ignored, except for pearls, emperors, charges, and sometimes memory problems
listen breed lore isn't written for creatures that have civilizations and wear clothes it's just not
- collects bones, flowers, or something along those lines
[https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45264419]Glaistig[/url] is definitely into vulture culture, one man's trash and whatnot
- clan archivist, record keeper, librarian, scribe, historian, ect. who's bio is used to store wishlists and links and whatever else the owner didn't want to put in their clan bio
got a few of these tbh, but I try to add some Immersive Pizzazz to it
- born with special powers that aren't strictly canon-friendly, like shapeshifting or seeing into people's souls or dimension-hopping or speaking to elder creatures from beyond
yes to shape-shifting (both a character and turning into gijinkas) and, well, I'd argue the cosmic horror is more at fault for folks seeing it
- guardian who's charge is their mate
I mean, all my f-pose guardians are lesbians so I've got a few
- fandragon with adapted lore
yea they're just demons now
- abandonment backstories
I guess?? but that's never really the important part
- eccentric artists
eh? I dunno what would make an artist eccentric. they're not boring
- clan is described as or implied to have an unusually progressive culture for it's place and time in some way
not many cities in the Wasteland. but we've got one
- no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never suspected of being spies
don't like fantasy racism it's dumb and can very easily have horrible implications
- sun/moon symbolism
I had day/night but then I decided I wasn't invested in the day half ???? so no more of that
- evil doctor with blood wraps apparel
that's called character design and Cassiopeia rocks it WAIT I JUST LOOKED AND SHE LITERALLY DOESN'T HGJBIBL? OK SO NO ON THIS ONE
- undead and/or necromancer plague dragon
only Crow but like. he didn't choose to become a ghost now did he
- nature dragon that is entirely nature themed and probably has a nature-related profession
Dahlia!! so dedicated to the Gladekeeper that she doesn't shave her beard as a tribute... she does lots of botany and became a pirate to see exotic plants and such. this one isn't even funny or anything I just really love her
- the history of the clan's founding is the story of how the mated progens met
yes and no. grew up in the same place, met, and one of them founded the clan? yes. mated? HELL NO
- fascinated with some sort of eldritch thing that it is most likely heavily implied they should not be touching
again think this is more the fault of the cosmic being. and it's spoilers for me to say who
- fled former clan because of tragedy
sometimes you stage a rebellion and sustain a grave, face-altering injury. this happened twice in my lore
- dull color coatl does not face any prejudice
yes but it's intentional. I feel like Plague wouldn't care if you're sick
- singer
yea, some singers, some music-based dragons.
- subspecies-based lore, though the only examples i've seen of this in awhile are hive dragons
I guess? if a dragon is a subspecies I do include it in their lore. and usually bought them for that reason
- oozes fluid of some kind
War just drips ichor and mucus from her facial orifices and I would ask you not judge her for it
- dead parents
presumably. but usually they end up adopted, so... they've got at least one parent
- dragon with primal or glowing eyes was blessed by their god or is overflowing with magical power or something
only the latter and only sometimes. usually not
- dragon is werewolf/vampire/ect
a few yea
- dragon with tons of eyes and other massive visible mutations is not seen as at all odd by others
again, Wasteland, so it's normal. though usually non-site stuff is kind of seen as odd? but like no one is a jerk about it. usually. depends what it is. maybe this one doesn't count but I'm including weird eye types so...
- circuit dragon is a robot or in a computer
not a big fan of circuit so it's only on the aforementioned computer/robot fandragon
- tavern keeper
- clan has one designated cook who may or may not ever actually be shown cooking
well, yes for my subclan, but it's only cause the boss there can't trust anyone else to make her food and not poison her. so, her cook instead poisons other people! also she cooks frequently and is seen doing so

and there were some from the rest of the thread that would probably fit but were phrased... weirdly presumptively
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@ReginaChaos
That sounds cool. What do you mean by "vessel element dragons"?

And yes, I would say that anklebiters count as XGIVEMEYOURTOESX. In fact, the very name XGIVEMEYOURTOESX might have been inspired by them. (Yes, I have one, who doesn't?)

@Drakessis
If you want a non-Hive example of subspecies-based lore, I have a Weaver who does actual paperwork (WIP) for the clan. But most of my subspecies dragons either don't have lore at all or their subspecies lore is ignored.
@ReginaChaos
That sounds cool. What do you mean by "vessel element dragons"?

And yes, I would say that anklebiters count as XGIVEMEYOURTOESX. In fact, the very name XGIVEMEYOURTOESX might have been inspired by them. (Yes, I have one, who doesn't?)

@Drakessis
If you want a non-Hive example of subspecies-based lore, I have a Weaver who does actual paperwork (WIP) for the clan. But most of my subspecies dragons either don't have lore at all or their subspecies lore is ignored.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
@taniquetil Uh....... something like this would be a vessel element dragon [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33753333] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337534/33753333_350.png[/img] [/url] I'd post another one, but he switched lairs.
@taniquetil Uh....... something like this would be a vessel element dragon

33753333_350.png

I'd post another one, but he switched lairs.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
@Kylaila I like his lore! That's one of the better "multi-element dragon" concepts I've seen.
@Kylaila I like his lore! That's one of the better "multi-element dragon" concepts I've seen.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="taniquetil" date="2020-05-22 03:47:59" ] If you want a non-Hive example of subspecies-based lore, I have a Weaver who does actual paperwork (WIP) for the clan. But most of my subspecies dragons either don't have lore at all or their subspecies lore is ignored. [/quote] I guess the phrasing was confusing? As opposed to "subspecies lore" in general I just took it as like... "their lore is [i]only[/i] their subspecies." Cause I integrate subspecies lore into my lore (out of seven-ish only like two of mine aren't registered), but they're definitely characters beyond that...? Dunno! Still a lil confused but it's nbd. edit: also I feel like you might have mistaken OP's anecdote for mine inhjnkl? I didn't put the thing about the hivemind subspecies, that was them
taniquetil wrote on 2020-05-22 03:47:59:
I guess the phrasing was confusing? As opposed to "subspecies lore" in general I just took it as like... "their lore is only their subspecies."
Cause I integrate subspecies lore into my lore (out of seven-ish only like two of mine aren't registered), but they're definitely characters beyond that...? Dunno! Still a lil confused but it's nbd.

edit: also I feel like you might have mistaken OP's anecdote for mine inhjnkl? I didn't put the thing about the hivemind subspecies, that was them
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!