Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FrTropes: Common User Lore Tropes
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
[quote name="Bugbag" date="2021-06-23 11:22:00" ] Angry Moth Noises: veilspun are often treated like insects either by mistake or just total lack of respect by larger breeds. But these dragons learn quickly that veilspun form rather formidable swarms. Though, rather than using any of their “fairy powers” veilspun simply swarm like wasps, fire ants, etc. [/quote] I love this
Bugbag wrote on 2021-06-23 11:22:00:
Angry Moth Noises: veilspun are often treated like insects either by mistake or just total lack of respect by larger breeds. But these dragons learn quickly that veilspun form rather formidable swarms. Though, rather than using any of their “fairy powers” veilspun simply swarm like wasps, fire ants, etc.

I love this
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.giflfh.png
I've got a bingo! What do I win? :D

What's tv tropes for one is writing tips for the other
I've got a bingo! What do I win? :D

What's tv tropes for one is writing tips for the other
Quote:
canon outsiders going native: fandragon with adapted lore

hahahahaha what do you mean i have like 50 of these close your eyes. Close Your Eyes

Quote:
mad max fury ridge: the desert zones of the lightning territory are infested with raiders running on scrap technology in a way that's very similar to mad max and/or fallout

LOOK I PUT THEM IN PLAGUE OKAY—

(but ye, memes aside!! tropes most definitely are tools. my lore falls into a whole bunch of these but y’know what, they’re the ones i did, in fact, intend to include so i’m pretty happy with that.)
Quote:
canon outsiders going native: fandragon with adapted lore

hahahahaha what do you mean i have like 50 of these close your eyes. Close Your Eyes

Quote:
mad max fury ridge: the desert zones of the lightning territory are infested with raiders running on scrap technology in a way that's very similar to mad max and/or fallout

LOOK I PUT THEM IN PLAGUE OKAY—

(but ye, memes aside!! tropes most definitely are tools. my lore falls into a whole bunch of these but y’know what, they’re the ones i did, in fact, intend to include so i’m pretty happy with that.)
8aKVtucC_o.png
Quote:
we alone will welcome (prolly could use a better name): A step beyond isle of misfit toys, see also refugee town and mandatory modern values protagonists. The clan is structured as a port of welcome for all, especially the unwanted, described as the sole beacon of friendliness in a sea of stabby strangers. Clan amenities likely include a greeter dragon to lead new weirdos friends out of the wild, a beautifully-appointed nesting ground full of orphaned eggs and hatchies, and a whole bunch of dragons friendlier than appearances imply. Someone is already hurrying towards you with a cup of tea.

Bonus points: the tea's deescribed as some of the best in Sornieth
Double bonus points: the clan description includes any variant of "You feel strangely drawn to this place", 2nd person voice mandatory.

*sweats* definitely not my clan lore that i spent months thinking of (sad face)
Quote:
we alone will welcome (prolly could use a better name): A step beyond isle of misfit toys, see also refugee town and mandatory modern values protagonists. The clan is structured as a port of welcome for all, especially the unwanted, described as the sole beacon of friendliness in a sea of stabby strangers. Clan amenities likely include a greeter dragon to lead new weirdos friends out of the wild, a beautifully-appointed nesting ground full of orphaned eggs and hatchies, and a whole bunch of dragons friendlier than appearances imply. Someone is already hurrying towards you with a cup of tea.

Bonus points: the tea's deescribed as some of the best in Sornieth
Double bonus points: the clan description includes any variant of "You feel strangely drawn to this place", 2nd person voice mandatory.

*sweats* definitely not my clan lore that i spent months thinking of (sad face)
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
BjMvLeY.png(non-fodder) dergs from u are safe with me!
feXtM27.pngarcane is the best. Change my mind. (clan lore)
7c8ZUEs.png lore, art and more!
wishlist
I feel sad now.
I feel sad now.
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
wishlist
@DragonQueenHi ah, no need to feel sad! there's nothing inherently bad about a story featuring tropes in it. in fact, it's almost impossible to make a story without them! [emoji=coatl happy size=1] it's like what 2BDamned above you said- tropes are tools to be used, rather than cliches.
@DragonQueenHi

ah, no need to feel sad! there's nothing inherently bad about a story featuring tropes in it. in fact, it's almost impossible to make a story without them! it's like what 2BDamned above you said- tropes are tools to be used, rather than cliches.
17499.png UMBRELLA / BROLLY
THEY/HE/SHE
FR +17
MIRROR ENTHUSIAST
I
-
-
-
I
click here for a dapper little lad
I gathered some I have in my clan (most stuff isn't written in bios yet because my ADHD goes bonkers): [i]- isle of misfit toys: clan is described as a collection of misfits, outcasts, oddballs, ect. who became family to eachother - familiar keeper aka unofficial fiona - dragon representing an oc, with adapted lore - no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never - suspected of being spies - bog witches - lineage optional: ignores dragon's actual parents/offspring in favor of lore ones - carpal tunnel and story integration: mire flyer/other designated coli dragon is a fighter/warrior of some sort - spooky or sorcerous dragon with grasp apparel - f pose mirror that's a crazy hunter[/i] This trope list is interesting! Btw, my fam keeper was actually established way before Fiona became a thing - I used him to bond with 400+ fams when I first joined FR in 2019, and still use him for that to this day. Edit: to anyone questioning their lore; all media contains tropes, there's nothing wrong with that. You do you, be it how "cliché" or "over used". We're here to have fun after all. [emoji=aberration happy size=1]
I gathered some I have in my clan (most stuff isn't written in bios yet because my ADHD goes bonkers):

- isle of misfit toys: clan is described as a collection of misfits, outcasts, oddballs, ect. who became family to eachother
- familiar keeper aka unofficial fiona
- dragon representing an oc, with adapted lore
- no flight racism, dragons of non-native elements are never - suspected of being spies
- bog witches
- lineage optional: ignores dragon's actual parents/offspring in favor of lore ones
- carpal tunnel and story integration: mire flyer/other designated coli dragon is a fighter/warrior of some sort
- spooky or sorcerous dragon with grasp apparel
- f pose mirror that's a crazy hunter

This trope list is interesting! Btw, my fam keeper was actually established way before Fiona became a thing - I used him to bond with 400+ fams when I first joined FR in 2019, and still use him for that to this day.

Edit: to anyone questioning their lore; all media contains tropes, there's nothing wrong with that. You do you, be it how "cliché" or "over used". We're here to have fun after all.
Anyone else have Pearlcatchers whose pearls were damaged, lost, or outright destroyed? I have two like that but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet and I think I may have made a niche trope
Anyone else have Pearlcatchers whose pearls were damaged, lost, or outright destroyed? I have two like that but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet and I think I may have made a niche trope
T5GEBka.png
[quote name="Recherche" date="2022-06-06 10:56:17" ] Anyone else have Pearlcatchers whose pearls were damaged, lost, or outright destroyed? I have two like that but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet and I think I may have made a niche trope [/quote] I have one that helped a pearl-less pearlcatcher (which i wanna buy as well so yeah)
Recherche wrote on 2022-06-06 10:56:17:
I have one that helped a pearl-less pearlcatcher (which i wanna buy as well so yeah)
wishlist
[quote name="Recherche" date="2022-06-06 10:56:17" ] Anyone else have Pearlcatchers whose pearls were damaged, lost, or outright destroyed? I have two like that but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet and I think I may have made a niche trope [/quote] This sounds like it would be a really common trope but, I think I’ve only ever seen one other lair do this, and that was awhile ago and not you I know there are a decent number of skins featuring cracked/broken pearls, so I assume there must be
Recherche wrote on 2022-06-06 10:56:17:
This sounds like it would be a really common trope but, I think I’ve only ever seen one other lair do this, and that was awhile ago and not you

I know there are a decent number of skins featuring cracked/broken pearls, so I assume there must be
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29