Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you stop impulse buys?
1 2 3 4 5
Just as the title says
How do you guys stop yourself from impulse buying things?

Lately, I’ve been really getting into collecting gen 1s (doubles especially)
But I need to save up for NoTN and it’s hard especially now that the Banescales came out so I keep getting pinged for more gen one sales and auctions haha

So how do you guys stop yourself from spending :0
Or any tips on how to save?
Just as the title says
How do you guys stop yourself from impulse buying things?

Lately, I’ve been really getting into collecting gen 1s (doubles especially)
But I need to save up for NoTN and it’s hard especially now that the Banescales came out so I keep getting pinged for more gen one sales and auctions haha

So how do you guys stop yourself from spending :0
Or any tips on how to save?
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
Buy things until I’m broke.

Then I don’t have any money to impulse spend ::,D

Though I like to sell things on the AH and not collect the treasure right away. It’s like a little bank you can only withdraw from once before it’s all gone.
I usually set a goal for the totals (like 500kt) and won’t withdraw it until it hits that mark

Though I like to sell things on the AH and not collect the treasure right away. It’s like a little bank you can only withdraw from once before it’s all gone.
I usually set a goal for the totals (like 500kt) and won’t withdraw it until it hits that mark
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Put the money in your vault and visualize your long term goal. There'll always be pretty dragons and genes around but NotN only comes once a year!
Put the money in your vault and visualize your long term goal. There'll always be pretty dragons and genes around but NotN only comes once a year!
td9UiZS.png
My version of stopping myself from impulse spending is telling myself that if I don't get something now then I can get something later I like better that's worth more. This almost always works for me, unless it's something that I really want and have been saving for.

I also try to get as much treasure as I possibly can daily from the fairgrounds. 75,000 treasure might not seem like much, but it can grow over time and by the end of a week it'll be more than a few thousand. As for saving, the only things I methodically save are treasure chests. I have many of them in my vault that I will not open for a long time.
My version of stopping myself from impulse spending is telling myself that if I don't get something now then I can get something later I like better that's worth more. This almost always works for me, unless it's something that I really want and have been saving for.

I also try to get as much treasure as I possibly can daily from the fairgrounds. 75,000 treasure might not seem like much, but it can grow over time and by the end of a week it'll be more than a few thousand. As for saving, the only things I methodically save are treasure chests. I have many of them in my vault that I will not open for a long time.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
im so poor that i cannot do impulse buys
im so poor that i cannot do impulse buys
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2019-12-11 16:44:05" ] Buy things until I’m broke. Then I don’t have any money to impulse spend ::,D [/quote] Pretty much the only way I can make myself stop, lol.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2019-12-11 16:44:05:

Pretty much the only way I can make myself stop, lol.
PJb908Z.png
Do what I did: develop a taste so specific that the only dragons that please you anymore are the ones you've had for years or ones you spend hours tweaking in scryshop until they're perfect

I literally get bored in the auction house bc they're all so ugly hahaha
Do what I did: develop a taste so specific that the only dragons that please you anymore are the ones you've had for years or ones you spend hours tweaking in scryshop until they're perfect

I literally get bored in the auction house bc they're all so ugly hahaha
queen_katoe.gif
I literally just don't go into the dragons section of the AH unless I'm looking to sell one of mine and want to figure out how much I should put it up for.

Works pretty well, I'd say. More money and less dragons eating all my food!
I literally just don't go into the dragons section of the AH unless I'm looking to sell one of mine and want to figure out how much I should put it up for.

Works pretty well, I'd say. More money and less dragons eating all my food!
Buy low, do them up a bit and sell high. Turn impulse buys into good economics.
Buy low, do them up a bit and sell high. Turn impulse buys into good economics.
KG62W6om.jpg Among Us Adopt
(Im)Perfect Plushies Adopt
Desmond's Drawings (100g)
Dragons with Art
Naomi/666 Veilspuns
For dragons specifically I have a no common eyes rule. *I do not keep any dragon with common eyes. It really helps keep down the clutter, since (I believe) 40% of newborn dragons break the rule, plus the many older dragons who were never vialed and have common by default. It's strangely easy to follow the rule too, I've passed by absolutely gorgeous dragons because my brain instantly connects dictates common eyed dragons to be off limits.

*There's only one perma in my lair who breaks the rule, and that's because she looks best with common eyes, and I got art for her before eye types were a thing.
For dragons specifically I have a no common eyes rule. *I do not keep any dragon with common eyes. It really helps keep down the clutter, since (I believe) 40% of newborn dragons break the rule, plus the many older dragons who were never vialed and have common by default. It's strangely easy to follow the rule too, I've passed by absolutely gorgeous dragons because my brain instantly connects dictates common eyed dragons to be off limits.

*There's only one perma in my lair who breaks the rule, and that's because she looks best with common eyes, and I got art for her before eye types were a thing.
1 2 3 4 5