Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you stop impulse buys?
1 2 3 4 5
stay too busy to be on fr sometimes lol
other than that, vaulting money and insisting “i don’t need it. i don’t. i have too many projects already.”
stay too busy to be on fr sometimes lol
other than that, vaulting money and insisting “i don’t need it. i don’t. i have too many projects already.”
em/sai | all pronouns | fr+2 | pings ok
wishlist | fandragon project
probably on ffxiv
This is my secret text... Let's keep it between us, ok?
-> HES SO SMALL AAAA
aKhVpRf.png
Have no money to begin with :’’)
Have no money to begin with :’’)
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I try to put 10kt in my hoard and then usually spend the rest for giveaway games in the forums.
trying to save for NOTN tho....
I try to put 10kt in my hoard and then usually spend the rest for giveaway games in the forums.
trying to save for NOTN tho....
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
Don't visit the auction house or forums.
Don't visit the auction house or forums.
79024117.png78524380.png76866916.png53083270.pngfor sale.
I'm pretty good at not impulsing dragons, but outfits and accents especially are my weak point.

I just have a rule where half the gems I make go into the vault. The half that's in my hands is my spending cash and I can do whatever I like with it. (Usually that's gem genes.) The half that's in my vault... theoretically shouldn't be touched, but I'll draw on it for emergencies sometimes, with the caveat that anything I take out of it has to be repaid before I can buy anything else.

But by giving myself enough spending money to play with, I can keep the cash I shouldn't be spending safely locked away.
I'm pretty good at not impulsing dragons, but outfits and accents especially are my weak point.

I just have a rule where half the gems I make go into the vault. The half that's in my hands is my spending cash and I can do whatever I like with it. (Usually that's gem genes.) The half that's in my vault... theoretically shouldn't be touched, but I'll draw on it for emergencies sometimes, with the caveat that anything I take out of it has to be repaid before I can buy anything else.

But by giving myself enough spending money to play with, I can keep the cash I shouldn't be spending safely locked away.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote]I keep getting pinged for more gen one sales and auctions haha[/quote] Get off the dang pinglists if you don't want to buy stuff!
Quote:
I keep getting pinged for more gen one sales and auctions haha

Get off the dang pinglists if you don't want to buy stuff!
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
I look at a dragon and go 'do I really need that? Would I just chuck it in my main tab and forget it or actually use it in lore?'
Also: for saving money in general I put it in my vault and say my vault is 100% off limits. I never take from my vault (unless I'm printing/buying a skin/accent and need the money) so just dropping everything in my vault as soon as I get 100-200g works
Here is the exceptions rule:
Never buy lair space unless it is 1) needed for breeding project 2) needed to breed and sell hatchlings 3) NoTN and other major events
So if I don't have room for a pretty? Can't buy the pretty. If I need lairspace? Purge the dragons you're not really getting much progress on in projects or just don't need

One thing I found works well if you are unsure on a dragon is to put it in the fodder tab, no apparel + no familiar + whatever else and see if you need it. If it has art/lore raffling away is always an option that works. Currently I'm getting some pretties I don't need and giving them art, lore, coding to excel their value so when I raffle them off I'll get more buyers

If you've gotten bored of a breeding project, don't force yourself to do it. Its satisfying to exalt/sell all the dragons and just relax with more space and more money
I look at a dragon and go 'do I really need that? Would I just chuck it in my main tab and forget it or actually use it in lore?'
Also: for saving money in general I put it in my vault and say my vault is 100% off limits. I never take from my vault (unless I'm printing/buying a skin/accent and need the money) so just dropping everything in my vault as soon as I get 100-200g works
Here is the exceptions rule:
Never buy lair space unless it is 1) needed for breeding project 2) needed to breed and sell hatchlings 3) NoTN and other major events
So if I don't have room for a pretty? Can't buy the pretty. If I need lairspace? Purge the dragons you're not really getting much progress on in projects or just don't need

One thing I found works well if you are unsure on a dragon is to put it in the fodder tab, no apparel + no familiar + whatever else and see if you need it. If it has art/lore raffling away is always an option that works. Currently I'm getting some pretties I don't need and giving them art, lore, coding to excel their value so when I raffle them off I'll get more buyers

If you've gotten bored of a breeding project, don't force yourself to do it. Its satisfying to exalt/sell all the dragons and just relax with more space and more money
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
Stay miles away from the AH and the dragons for sale forums. That's where I end up making my impulse buys.
Stay miles away from the AH and the dragons for sale forums. That's where I end up making my impulse buys.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 3 4 5